New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Meta WW

1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Meta WW

It's only first day for the cities to snap up the two unaligned city players.

It kinda replaces the Auctions for the dead people, which will happen from now on. =P
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll bid one dollar - but this is the good bit, it will be an especially shiny dollar. I will polish it and take a photo if necessary.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

I bid 3 gold, and a weasel golem*.

*That is, a golem made of weasels. Thought I should clarify.
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2012-03-07 at 10:55 AM.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I'll go ahead and bid an avatar.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    I'll go ahead and bid an avatar.
    Of what God?

Oh... do you mean a forum avatar?

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
    Of what God?

Oh... do you mean a forum avatar?
    Why not both? You could bid an avatar of a deity played on the forum, after all...

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, You're not bidding an avatar of me.
    Seriously, that... "worship" started when I posted something rather cool about classes not specifically having to define careers, and escalated. Not that I don't like the praise .
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Day 1 over.

Reticulating Splines

Edit:
    People who were too lazy to RP and are getting their houses burned down
    Meh, too lazy.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-03-07 at 07:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

Day One:

"This will be amusing, don't you agree?"

The figure sat on the tower, chattering to itself as it watched those below. The face contorted as it changed expressions, switching between horror, gleeful anticipation, and boredom.

"But.. You're going to get them to hurt each other!" "And you're shocked?" "It's so much more fun this way. I didn't need to do anything but give them the ability to."

Head shaking slowly, the voice came out quiet, pained. "You want them to kill each other." "It's in his nature. He will always love self infliction..."

As the masked man continued to debate with himself, down below all had gathered around two people as the music began to play. Alarra and Ur-Quan faced each other off...

[music=Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend]
    You, Me, Me, You, can't we just be frie~ends,
    You, Me, Me, You, and that Depe~ends
    You, Me, Me, You, We can all be friendly~~[/music]

[music=Les Miserables - Confrontation]
    (Overlapping in Counterpoint)
    I can see you standing there
    Dare you call me sublime
    You need not go very far
    Do you dare to stand and stay
    I'll triumph, you can bet
    Let us away and begin
    This battle is not yet done
    Come cross blades with me today
    [/music]

[music=James Morrison - Broken Strings]
    (Together)
    Oh the beat comes up
    I try to give in, but it sticks too much
    I try to let live, but my pride's too tough, to let it all away

You can't fight in open rings
    You can't battle as you sing,
    you got all caught up in this deal,
    Someone tell me this isn't all real!

[/music]

As the two continued to sing at each other in what had suddenly become a battle of singing, one man slipped off in behind.

C'nor, unable to concentrate with the loud noise, quickly found himself a spot high enough up, still on the bronze dragon, then created a barrier of energy to keep the sound out. Finally, blessed silence!

"Now now... Aren't you the wrong character?"

The voice rang out of no-where, the humoured sound of the man in the tower haunting.

"I can find you anywhere you know. I do control this entire place... I'm told you like playing with vampires..."

Steeling himself, he looked slowly around, trying to find the source of the voice while giving no sign of how the sudden appearance of the voice inside a barrier of silence had unnerved him.

"How amusing. You are courageous.... Wearing many names, taking many roles. A master of his art. But one thing you should probably know. It's the masters that are most delicious..."

"What is it you want."

"Nothing too much. I'm just working on traumatising myself."

"Please don't--" "Finish it up before she gives us all a headache."

A moment later and the sing-off was disbanded as a massive bronze dragon and it's rider fall from the sky, with small crossbow bolts all through the body...

Up above, the masked man squeezed his other hand.

"W--why did you have to?" "Because he dislikes the effect of influence." "Thanks for the cryptic expo..." "*Sigh* Because we cannot let someone who would otherwise effect our control over this game to still be around. It's not like he's gone. It's just that he's a ghost now. See? He (Maybe) only felt a brief moment of pain..."

Summery:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ur-Quan and Alarra came up for the randomness battle. Neither died.

C'nor was killed. He was Kiran Mondgesegnet, a Neutral.

Movements:
    Floor Master moves to Mos Eisley
    The Cheshire Cat moves to R'lyeh
    Nicol Bolas moves to Saffron
    Sir Maston moves to Fuyuki
    Rincewind moves to Mos Eisley
    Jaegan Shivershot moves to Atlantis
    Aragorn moves to R'lyeh
    Kiran Mondgesegnet moves to The Ghost Bar

Player List
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]#|Name|Team|Alias|Died?
    01|Alarra|
    02|Atreyu the Masked LLama|
    03|billtodamax|
    04|BourgeoisJerry|
    05|Calamity|
    06|Castaras|
    07|cd4|
    08|Eldritch Knight|
    09|Flabort|
    10|Fleeing Coward|
    11|Gray Mage|
    12|Grue Bait|
    13|Istari|
    14|Lex-Kat|
    15|Matthias2207|
    16|Murska|
    17|Oddity|
    18|Onime-no-Enishi|
    19|Penguinator|
    20|Rogue Nine|
    21|RuneboundShade|
    22|Saposhiente|
    23|Supagoof|
    24|super dark33|
    25|Szilard|
    26|Tasroth|
    27|TBFProgrammer|
    28|The Grimmace|
    29|TinyMushroom|
    30|Ur-Quan|
    31|usourselves&we|
    32|Vesth|
    33|Xanmyral|
    01|C'nor|Neutral|Kiran Mondgesegnet|Day 1
    [/table]

Night One Begins
    And ends in about 48 hours.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

As the dragon, and his rider, fell from the sky, C'nor's death sent ripples, of a sort, through the web of magic that bound him to his most trusted commanders.

The first to be struck was Valrina, the half-Nixie assigned to speak with Castaras. She had just enough time to scream, once, before falling to the ground, a single drop of blood on her cheek in an odd mimicry of one of her tattoos.

The Leannan Sidhe he'd set to searching had a bit more warning, and was faster, hundreds of years of draining life and talent from artists having given her capabilities far beyond those of any human, and even most of the faeblooded. And of course, she'd also spent much of that time practicing. But she still wasn't quite able to escape through the Hedge, as the magic hit just before she got through, splitting her skin in places, and leaving her a crumpled heap on the ground, not quite dead yet, though she was slowly bleeding out, and no-one capable of healing her remained in his forces.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going to be away from now until Wednesday. It's possible that I'll manage to get on, but don't count on it. I know I'm not at risk of auto-lynch, but I thought I'd give a heads up.

Also, I'd appreciate it if people didn't make any direct attempts to kill me while I'm away.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Night 1 over.

Is this going to be like Center all over again? C'mon guys, you had three days, we should have gotten a lot more night actions in.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. Maybe it's because it's the weekends? Anyway, I search post 16.......maybe I'll strike lucky this time!
    Last edited by Vesth; 2012-03-10 at 11:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Jerry slowly gets out of bed and walks out into town.

"Okay, I just had a turnover so I'm not very hungry, but I'm thinking I should take somebody out to lunch to get to know them. Any suggestions?"

Jerry gives his magic 8-ball a shake, to which it replies: '7'

"That's odd, I've never seen that response before. Any ideas where I can get some grub?"

'Rogue Nine is made of wood'

"Hardy har, you made an easy reference."

'Never trust a Rogue. Monty Python still wants his diamond back.'

"I'm sure you think you're really on a role here, but you're starting to get on my nerves almost as much as my dentist."

With that Jerry tossed his magic 8-ball in the general direction of Castaras and Alarra.

"Duck!"

((Man, this is both annoying and fun at the same time. I just wish I was better at it.))
    Last edited by BourgeoisJerry; 2012-03-11 at 12:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195

Night One:

"Flickering moon, shadowed sun,
    Pancakes that are underdone,
    Mounted soldiers, riding past,
    People driving way too fast.

"What is that nonsense you're singing. "It... It sounds good to me?" "Pfft. He's getting bored again."

Descending slowly the one man on the tower continued to mutter to himself in a similar fashion. The artificial night glowed as he now sat in the void between the six floating islands.

"I do hope they begin to get entertaining again soon...."

---------

Meanwhile, the small parlour stood empty in the moonlight. Or, whatever light. Since there wasn't actually a moon above. There was light like there would be a moon, but there wasn't actually a moon. Just a whole lot of odd looking space. And stars. But that comes with space.

Back to the small parlour. It's occupant was most likely sound asleep at this point, which is why there were two people creeping through the streets who were about to enter it.

After all, whatever they were doing, they would much prefer not to be known that they were doing it. Which is why, when the blaring lights flashed on and the booming voice rang out, they both jumped as the lights focussed on them.

"Well, what DO we have here? Xanmyral? And FleeingCoward!

Trying to sneak into another mans home! The shame! Not that I wouldn't myself..."

"You've been picked for the 'Lets point someone out to everyone and completely ruin their plans because we're absolutely bored' award. Because I'm bored."

"So, everyone hear that? Xanmyral and FleeingCoward. Feel free to congratulate them on their winning the award from trying to sneak into a home of another player.

On another note, since that still isn't enough to keep me interested, we're playing musical chairs today! Of a sort."

"Oh, yes. That's right. We're playing musical HOUSES! Which means all your little homes, or the homes you took to spend the night, have been transplanted! I hope you enjoy the locale having changed overnight!"

Summery:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No one died. But both Xanmyral and Fleeing Coward were prevented from doing something to another player. Publically.

Oh, and since the narrator got bored, everyone has changed locations. Which means you have no idea where everyone is at the current moment.

Everyone gains 1 gold. There are 33 spots in the thread today.

Player List
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]#|Name|Team|Alias|Died?
    01|Alarra|
    02|Atreyu the Masked LLama|
    03|billtodamax|
    04|BourgeoisJerry|
    05|Calamity|
    06|Castaras|
    07|cd4|
    08|Eldritch Knight|
    09|Flabort|
    10|Fleeing Coward|
    11|Gray Mage|
    12|Grue Bait|
    13|Istari|
    14|Lex-Kat|
    15|Matthias2207|
    16|Murska|
    17|Oddity|
    18|Onime-no-Enishi|
    19|Penguinator|
    20|Rogue Nine|
    21|RuneboundShade|
    22|Saposhiente|
    23|Supagoof|
    24|super dark33|
    25|Szilard|
    26|Tasroth|
    27|TBFProgrammer|
    28|The Grimmace|
    29|TinyMushroom|
    30|Ur-Quan|
    31|usourselves&we|
    32|Vesth|
    33|Xanmyral|
    01|C'nor|Neutral|Kiran Mondgesegnet|Day 1
    [/table]

Day Two Begins
    And ends in about 72 hours.

Also, could people please stop jumping the gun. =P
    Last edited by bladescape; 2012-03-11 at 01:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Just to be clear, Vesth, BJ, Day actions attempted before the Day don't count.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

Hurm... what spot to check... what spot to check...
    Psychologically speaking, there wouldn't be anything in the spot number 1, this is of course barring the possibility of the narrators knowing that psychologically, no one puts anything in the first place, as the brain has an in-built system to protect things, and therefore not put that which you don't want them to get in the very first place. I am, of course, not willing to bet that there won't be anything in spot 1, Not that I know whether or not there is, indeed, anything in that spot.

The probability is that they used dice to pick the spots in which there is anything of value, in which case, they would have to either figure out a pattern of dice that made up 33,(impossible), or have something which makes up, say, 40, and have the last 7 rolls as being re-rolls. In this case, they would probably use a 4 sided die and a ten sided one, and in this case, there would be an err of balance on the four sided die towards 1, as one is the smallest number to engrave, and there fore ends up with its side being the heaviest, and as we all know, heavy sides of a die make it so that the dice ends up on that side more often. Not only that, but the ten sided dice would have err of balance to 0, or ten,(As that is the number on the other side of '1', which, as I stated earlier, is the smallest number to engrave) assuming that the ten sided was a standard issue one. Depending on how they were to do the system, the most common roll would probably be 1(four) 0(ten), should I be doing the system, that roll would equal 40, and therefore be re-roll, thus it doesn't really give me much insight. I can say, however, that in this case scenario, the most common actual roles would be 1(four) 1-9(ten), which, should I be doing the system would respectively equal 1-9. This being that 1 would be rolled up most on the four sided die.

Of course, they could still have used what I would have used, that being a RNG(Random Number Generator), the unfortunate thing here is, quite a few RNGs aren't actually balanced, as the way an RNG gets its numbers is by getting a the next number in its 'number chart', and then using the '%' operator with the whatever the user wants the next random number out of, and then adds 1. Now let me explain the '%' operator, the '%' operator gets two number, and then sees how many times the first goes into the second, but instead of keeping how many times it went in, it keeps the remainder, as in whatever wasn't big enough to fit in. (Example: 89 % 4. 4 goes into 89 22 times, and leaves 1 over afterwards, the random number would then add 1 to that one, and the random number out of four you got would be 2. Why add 1?
    Because, think about it, you can't get four using '%' operator with four, because that would just go in another time, and leave 0, which would have 1 added to it, and be 1.) Now, say that the Maximum number in this thing was 100000, in which case, it is completely unbalanced with say... 33, as 33 goes into that 3,030 times, but leaves a remainder of 10. this being said, 1-10 would therefore come up 3,031 times compared to 11-33, which would come up 3,030 times. This is only a slight imbalance, but hey, it's just that teensy bit more likely.

Of course, this is assuming that they make up a list and distribute it among the areas, and not assuming that they roll for each area as to what is in that area, with different rolls being different items, if the stock is unlimited, then it is impossible to tell, but!, if the stock is limited, then it is more likely that the earlier ones will get it, as they were likely rolled first.

As such, my search for today will be spot #2, because random numbers generally degenerate to the earlier numbers, and number 1 is a psychologically unsafe bet.

(Should I have put the above in a spoiler...? I mean, it is kinda long...>.>)
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

In which case, I do it again

I search post 16!

19. - Top - End - #199

I will search 11, while wandering around confused and wondering where I am and how I lost an hour and why I am not asleep at 3 am, which was 2am 12 minutes ago, which would explain why I am up because 2am is okay, but 3am is too late.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

The girl in the monster costume happily skips over to spot 13 before anyone else can get there, dragging a cart of pumpkins behind her. The scary pumpkin lanterns will bring her extra luck today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligarman2 View Post
    14. I will not counterspell when Celestia raises the sun.
    Do you want an avatar?
    Adopt one, or ask for a custom avatar!
    Portfolio

21. - Top - End - #201
    Halfling in the Playground

Send a battle thrall fighter to coordinates 1,1 . Get the Dreadnaught to fighting condition.
    It seems that someone has tried to penetrate our shields. That blaster should solve his
    issues without much hassle.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Searching spot 19
    Last edited by Calamity; 2012-03-11 at 05:47 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Spot 3....
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I will search spot 21.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

So what do you think?
    Don't know, It could be a mirage.
    What are you talking about it's a completely different city out there!
    I wasn't taking about the city.
    What were you taking about then?
    You.
    Him?
    Me?
    Yeah, you seem strange today, like something is bothering you.
    I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together
    What ever is bothering me should be bothering you, right? So tell me what the problem is.
    Na, Its nothing you can tell me when you feel like it, lets hurry up and get to the meet up at 33.
    What I thought we were going to a different table? Oh, right, some one just stole it from us.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

26. - Top - End - #206

DrowGirl

Vesth

Roleplaying may come later when less busy.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

more will come later.
    Murska. ill never forget.
    Last edited by super dark33; 2012-03-11 at 01:41 PM.
    Despite everything, its still me.

28. - Top - End - #208

Oh, and I forgot to mention it...

People whose property is up for auction:
    C'nor

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

3 Gold on C'nor.
    Last edited by Murska; 2012-03-11 at 08:22 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spot 17. Come back later.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.