New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Our Little Adventure: Not Even Discrete

Quote Originally Posted by Querzis View Post
    And can you really summon a giraffe with phantom steed?
    It doesn't make a mechanical difference, so why not? It's just a refluffing, really.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Fixing the new page error.

Also, I'm not sure that Emily is entirely out of the woods yet, either, given her hesitance about referring to the elves as people, which is very Sauballo Empire for its subjects.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Also, I'm not sure that Emily is entirely out of the woods yet, either, given her hesitance about referring to the elves as people, which is very Sauballo Empire for its subjects.
    Its just very racist, do you really think every racist in the world work with the Empire? Beside, if she was a spy for them the comic would already be over. Brian would simply teleport in, kill them all and take the pendant, what do you expect the group to do against that at their level?
    In memory of lord Shojo

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

I think Emily just waiting for the moment or she's in a secret society or some thing.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Its just very racist, do you really think every racist in the world work with the Empire? Beside, if she was a spy for them the comic would already be over. Brian would simply teleport in, kill them all and take the pendant, what do you expect the group to do against that at their level?
    You don't need to spring the trap at the first opportunity, plus Brian has bigger fish to fry and has the group well in hand. He doesn't need to spring on every group of do-gooders, especially when they're doing his work for him to find the Magicant so he can pick it up at the last moment when they think their victory is assured. If Emily is working for the Empire, she's providing valuable information on them so that if the situation changes, he can deal with them then. He's providing the noose for them to choke themselves on, in a manner fitting for any high level wizard with the proper divinations and contingencies in place.

I'll remain circumspect of Emily (which I think the authors probably wanted of their readers, anyways. Crafty, crafty authors. ) till further proof changes the current facts one way or the other.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

And can you really summon a giraffe with phantom steed?
    Phantom Steed does mention a "horselike creature", and I guess a Giraffe does look horselike in some respects.

Course in the Spell Compendium there was at least the Phantom Stag added as a spell for Druids if I recall to get a similar mount but with horns and slightly different abilities. Still no fog lights thou...

On Emily being a spy: Honestly I can see it going both ways. On one hand she might be a very, VERY dedicated researcher on fungus who honest to goodness wishes to bring back a species or two back from extinction. Course it kinda makes me wonder about the species and how/why they went extinct in the first place but still...
    On the other hand, if the bad guys are going to have a spy, its better to have them stay with them for as long as possible not only so that information of their continually improving abilities can be known along with location and weaknesses, but so that the goody too shoes can do work without any effort on the baddies end.

I honestly don't think that Brad and Angelo think of the heroes as a threat right now anyways (as typical of most villains) and will at least stay indirectly uninterested outside of their henchwo/men keeping tabs on them. Eventually they will get rid of those bigger problems they have to worry about and come after them, but until then...

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Damn, even wolves are rules-nitpickers in this universe.
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm pretty sure Emily isn't with Brad and Angelo, but I'm also pretty sure that she's not playing it straight either. Her agenda is still hidden.

Those wolves are cuuuute.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Play a lethal version of hide and seek?

Granted... it's more likely than not to be a SHORT game of cat and mouse, as even though Angelo can't teleport all day, he could still go for a sold hour of constant casting, and the same goes for scrying and “Demolishing entire towns with one spell.”

edit: The wolves ARE rather adorable, yes. And I like Angelica's new style.
    Last edited by Doorhandle; 2012-05-03 at 01:10 AM.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

10. - Top - End - #100

BlackDragon

Bah, those Worg/Wargs don't stand a chance against a party of lvl 6 players. Kinda happy to see at least some of them smart enough to retreat in order to survive.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

*grabs poking stick*

Hey guys, a couple of us over on the OLA boards are trying to get the strip more recognition by bumping it up on the topwebcomics.com listings. It'd be really appreciated to get the comic up a few more spots. Note that you can vote for the comic every day. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-05-12 at 02:01 AM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

12. - Top - End - #102

What Chess said!

I like that the author actively engages us in discussion and will sometimes give us little teasers on what's to come...kind of like "Next week, on DRAGON BALL Z..."

Let's build up the forum user base there and vote that baby up on topwebcomics.com!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
    What Chess said!

I like that the author actively engages us in discussion and will sometimes give us little teasers on what's to come...kind of like "Next week, on DRAGON BALL Z..."

Let's build up the forum user base there and vote that baby up on topwebcomics.com!
    Aah, he stalking me across the internets! Didn't know you were a Playgrounder as well, lol.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

14. - Top - End - #104

Hah you better believe it...this website has been the beginning of many a nerdy habit.

BTW for what it's worth, in six days we've gone from over #200th place to #158! Great job ;D More pub for this great comic, please!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

Is that an Erinyes? They'll be in for a nasty fight if it is.
    Last edited by Saph; 2012-05-16 at 05:09 AM.
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and the final book in the series, Risen, is out as of December 2021. For updates, check my blog!

16. - Top - End - #106

Ohh shoot Saph, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't know about the new comic today for at least another 20 minutes or so :)

This smells...plotty.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

Yep, update pace has been pretty impressive lately. I think it's been 2 days per comic for a good few weeks.
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and the final book in the series, Risen, is out as of December 2021. For updates, check my blog!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    Yep, update pace has been pretty impressive lately. I think it's been 2 days per comic for a good few weeks.
    Been loving the update pace as well. Sometimes he'll even manage comics on consecutive days.
    ^~Cody T.~^

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by whatisgoingon View Post
    So I just came across this, and made an account to post it here. It's called Our Little Adventure, and it's a carbon copy of OOTS. Seriously. It's ridiculous. I'm not sure if you guys have heard of it or not, but here it is.

http://danielscreations.com/ola/
    I'm not even going to bother going to the site if what you say is true. I can't stand copycatting. But you are aware that even bad publicity is good publicity, right?

20. - Top - End - #110

Nah, the guy probably didn't take three seconds to browse through the comic at all.

The author's art style was inspired by Rich, as many webcomics are. But his art in my opinion, is MUCH more polished than Rich's. He draws out arms, legs, details on armor, even throws in intricate costume changes from time to time. Backgrounds are always beautifully and intricately done.

I'm an OOTS fan through and through but these are two distinctly-different comics, from style to dialogue to plot.

Edit: Read through Post #1 and you'll find most people disagree with the OP. It should also be mentioned that the author maintains a pretty tight updating schedule, averaging between 3-5 per week.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-05-16 at 02:01 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

BlackDragon

@Saph: I personally agree that it is a Imp/Erinyes duo that they will be fighting soon. The Erinyes is going to be pretty hard to beat what with her Charm Monster at will SLA, immunity to fire, and resistance to cold.

@AndToBeLoved: I have to side with Great Dane on this, that despite the art is 'inspired' by Order of the Stick, its not a copy. The author & artist went out of his way to create an entirely different world with its own culture and such let alone the story. True I have been reading OotS alot longer, but I enjoy both comics for their story and jokes that they each have.
    It would be like comparing the American Pizza to the Original Pizza. Just because its called pizza doesn't mean that its a complete copy, as the American Pizza has differences for example that are enjoyed by both groups.

And is it really fair to be comparing a comic that did one art style/role-playing game for several years, and another comic tries to do something similar but tries to be different at the same time? Give it a chance, read through at least the first 50 comics before you judge based on someone's comment that didn't post more then 10 times in his own thread. Even though that supposed bad publicity did help recruit people here to go over there...

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Considering how negative and inaccurate the first post is, then maybe we should considder letting this thread die out, and start a new one with a better introduction?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Considering how negative and inaccurate the first post is, then maybe we should considder letting this thread die out, and start a new one with a better introduction?
    An introduction that's not inflammatory would be ideal.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

24. - Top - End - #114

Seeing as how (just checking) I have the most posts on the OLA forums I'd be happy to

Here's the new thread link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...2#post13242562
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-05-16 at 07:48 PM.