New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: League of Legends XXX: Must be Summoner Level 18 to View

Just wanted to throw in another thanks to everyone who participated, it was a blast to watch and fun to listen to, to boot.

*goes back to silently lurking*
    I try always to be friendly, polite and helpful. If something I have said offends, please assume I am joking and/or misunderstood.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. So I guess sign me up for team maybe, since they only have 3. I'll play with them if they get 1 more on their team.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Also: PS my team can't play till 5PM EST tomorrow likely. Zach has a job.
    Gonna be problematic for us; don't think Adumbration wants to stay up too late. But if we do our game immediately at 5 PM EST (12 PM here), it might work out.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

The Team Maybe lineup is accepting all alternates and substitutions because we are too noob on our own to win anything.

Current lineup is myself, XiaoTie, Anonomuss, Penguinizer, and dgslyr, but I have no idea who will be around for our match(es) tomorrow, so anyone who wants in can announce their candidacy as as a Substitute In Bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

I can be a substitute. I have all of tomorrow available.
    Last edited by Litewarior; 2012-02-11 at 06:23 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    The Team Maybe lineup is accepting all alternates and substitutions because we are too noob on our own to win anything.

Current lineup is myself, XiaoTie, Anonomuss, Penguinizer, and dgslyr, but I have no idea who will be around for our match(es) tomorrow, so anyone who wants in can announce their candidacy as as a Substitute In Bold.
    I'll be an alternative.

Also, after watching Dragonus's stream, I would like to try my hand at streaming the next game, if it isn't Team Maybe. I would need to know the time for it, but I will be hosting it on my livestream. I would want to try my hand at commentating.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've an IRL friend who'll probably be happy to sub in, if it comes down to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

8. - Top - End - #278

I just flat out want to apologise to all the members of team maybe. I messed that one up real bad. Hopefully I'll do better in the next.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomuss View Post
    I just flat out want to apologise to all the members of team maybe. I messed that one up real bad. Hopefully I'll do better in the next.
    Honestly, we were a lot better than you guys and several of you didn't have level 30 accounts. All of my team is at least 1400 elo (Zach is a nub and doesn't play ranked, if he did, he'd be 1400), so ... yeah. We knew what we were doing and we went in with a very clear game plan.

edit: my suggestion next time is to not early pick Nasus and Amumu. Both of those heroes are situationally BRILLIANT but ultimately very bad if you can't protect them early game. Your Nasus did manage to farm, but not nearly enough. We kinda just collapsed on you and wrecked you early game.

ANother thing: I had 3x Nasus' farm late game. I don't consider myself good at farming. Farming is really important.

edit: BTW I dunno if we can play against the EUs tomorrow cuz Zach probably won't be ready till like 5:30EST. We can try and postpone it or something, I dunno. Maybe I could find a sub...
    Last edited by toasty; 2012-02-11 at 07:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Honestly, we were a lot better than you guys and several of you didn't have level 30 accounts. All of my team is at least 1400 elo (Zach is a nub and doesn't play ranked, if he did, he'd be 1400), so ... yeah. We knew what we were doing and we went in with a very clear game plan.

edit: my suggestion next time is to not early pick Nasus and Amumu. Both of those heroes are situationally BRILLIANT but ultimately very bad if you can't protect them early game. Your Nasus did manage to farm, but not nearly enough. We kinda just collapsed on you and wrecked you early game.

ANother thing: I had 3x Nasus' farm late game. I don't consider myself good at farming. Farming is really important.

edit: BTW I dunno if we can play against the EUs tomorrow cuz Zach probably won't be ready till like 5:30EST. We can try and postpone it or something, I dunno. Maybe I could find a sub...
    You can't replace me, who else is gonna dive their fountain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

I hate it when people surrender when I'm doing well.
    HateithateithateithateitHATEIT.
    ALL
    MY
    FURY
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ALL
    MY
    FURY
    I feel you.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

So, we discovered a new type of game.

Mario Kart Dash.

Original stream and archive.

(Sorry for the flickering)

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post

Mario Kart Dash.

Original stream and archive.

(Sorry for the flickering)
    So how does that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    So how does that work?
    basicly? run around in circles.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ALL
    MY
    FURY

Personally, it's a minor annoyance. No, I don't think it even reaches annoyance. More like dissapointment. I'd like the fun to continue, but it doesn't. A sad moment. I do wish they'd not surrender, but... meh. C'est la vie.
    Truth resists simplicity.

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    So how does that work?
    Dominion Double Dash:

Everyone moves to the top point on Dominion and hits S immediately to prevent attacks. At the 2 minute mark, everyone starts running around the map clockwise. First team to get a person around 5 laps wins. (Running backwards to block is permissible.)

No Rammus or pseudo-global or global movement ults (Pantheon, Shen, Twisted Fate).

Only spells that boost your team's movement or slow the enemy team's (basically any CC except silence and blind) are allowed.

You may not attack to kill, only for the express purpose of applying CC. If the enemy team member HAPPENS to die, they start running again from their spawn on the same lap. (Yes this means Blue gets a slight advantage, whatever. They have to leave from their bottom spawn exit.)

We decided that running the game as a draft worked best, so as to ban absolutely crazy champions like Nunu, GP, Sejuani (amazing runners AND CCers) or Alistair (best blocker EVER).

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post

Mario Kart Dash.
    League of Roller Derby?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Barbarian in the Playground

wow, this seems craaaaazy fun.

I'd join you guys, but I have a bit of work to do. I'll pop on later and see if you guys have space for more later.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

..Akali + Singed would be about as bad as you could get at start, I think, short of Karthus dropping a wall across the entire lane.. Smokeshroud + superglue AoE slow across pretty much everything?

Edit: Also, since you're all running Mobility, autoattacks technically slow everybody by putting you in combat and removing Movespeed 5..
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2012-02-11 at 10:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Edit: Also, since you're all running Mobility, autoattacks technically slow everybody by putting you in combat and removing Movespeed 5..
    yeah, no. Basically if doing any damage at all counts as a slow, it becomes less a hillarious race into a "who wins teamfights with no items" test.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Banned

VoDs of today's matches are available here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that watched. It was great casting for you and tomorrow i should have all the streaming issues fixed. Also it might wind up being just djinn and mario tomorrow. As my pc is my roommates, and he might need to use it on his only real day off. After this tourney is wrapped up who would be interested in doing some kind of semi regular scrims where people play and i practice my casting on them and there games.
    I want to thank YOU for setting this up and persisting through the collective community "ehhhhh" field.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomuss View Post
    I don't think you played particularly badly. You had a severe lane disadvantage from picks. More to the point, Team Maybe was almost by definition thrown together ad hoc. You simply didn't have an opportunity to practice together, strategize, research your opponents, etc. Meanwhile, we aren't particularly skilled as individual players, but we are super srs tryhard mode in premade. So, that's how it ended up playing out.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..Akali + Singed would be about as bad as you could get at start, I think, short of Karthus dropping a wall across the entire lane.. Smokeshroud + superglue AoE slow across pretty much everything?

Now, if you consider this, what about Heimerdinger? He could just set up turrets to turn off their movespeed 5. He doesn't even need to use his ult.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post

I want to thank YOU for setting this up and persisting through the collective community "ehhhhh" field.

I don't think you played particularly badly. You had a severe lane disadvantage from picks. More to the point, Team Maybe was almost by definition thrown together ad hoc. You simply didn't have an opportunity to practice together, strategize, research your opponents, etc. Meanwhile, we aren't particularly skilled as individual players, but we are super srs tryhard mode in premade. So, that's how it ended up playing out.
    Well we did a bit of talking as a team after the match, so hopefully tomorrow won't be as ridiculously stompy as today's match, although we probably still will lose.
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

26. - Top - End - #296
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Janna, Sivir, Vayne (dat chasing), Ori (AoE speed boost/slow), Amumu, Blitzcrank, Master Yi, Nasus, Trundle (pillar AND contaminate)... there are a lot of people who would do well in that sort of race mode, and others who would probably be useless. Might be fun to try a couple times, though.

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post

I don't know man, I've dived Fountains twice in two days. That's not so srs.
    Last edited by Mtg_player_zach; 2012-02-12 at 12:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

There are some questionable abilities in that mode though. Is using Alpha Strike on a champion that's running a reasonable way to get ahead, since it helps your positioning?

29. - Top - End - #299

Well, as long as you don't end up killing anybody with it, I'd think it's fair game. In one of the videos, Lee Sin used his Sonic Boom to tag and kick someone, so Yi's Alpha Strike, which isn't even as long ranged, should be okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    Well, as long as you don't end up killing anybody with it, I'd think it's fair game. In one of the videos, Lee Sin used his Sonic Boom to tag and kick someone, so Yi's Alpha Strike, which isn't even as long ranged, should be okay.
    Yeah, anything that moves you further along the track or impedes the other team's progress along same should be alright. The stack of health potions and nobody buying damage items appears to be enough to prevent people from getting killed for the most part, since the restriction on autoattacks gives the Crystal Scar's improved regeneration time to work; I think the only way you'd be in real serious danger of death is if somebody stacked controlling ults (Amumu-Galio-Morgana, for example.. and Galio'd be a reasonable racer/blocker anyway, with Smite and Gust.)