New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default help summon armor

how i can summon armor/weapon/gear ?

i want a base class who can summon his own battle gear ( some gear who buy or get some where like in a tesure hunt or store)

how i can make that possible?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: help summon armor

could make a feat... like

Mind Armory(General):
    A character can store equipment in his mind. A character does this by taking the equipment and meditating for 8 hours, and spending one XP per 100 gp of the items cost. From then on, the character can summon the item back as a free acion, or return it as a full round action.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

The simplest approach is to play a psychic warrior with call weaponry,, inertial armor, perhaps force screen, and maybe the soulbound weapon variant of the psychic warrior.

However, while the call weapon ability is a good fit, inertial armor is more like mage armor than summoned armor. Perhaps a power could be created that would allow you to summon armor, which would start off summoning a breastplate or somesuch, and could be augmented to summon full plate, mithral full plate, etc, and could also gain enhancements with increase PP expenditure?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

There is also the "called" weapon, shield and armour enchantment in MIC, it is a +1 equivalent though. I think there may also be a weapon crystal in MIC that grants the same ability(though I'm not 100% sure about that one, I haven't read through MIC in a few months), if there is a weapon crystal it would probably be the easiest and cheapest solution, if not then a combo of "called" armour/weapons and the techinques mentioned by others would probably work fairly well as well.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

An alternative method is the Soulknife. However, the Soulknife is pretty terrible, so you basically have to go Soulbow, take Zen Archer, and abuse SAD Wisdom for all it is worth.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

i think in something like this

Summon Item (Least 2nd): You place a magical symbol on an amount of items equal to ¼ your warlock level. You may summon one of these items to your hand as a move-equivalent action. These items may be no larger than 1 cubic foot per 5 warlock levels. Also, the magic involved makes the item appear so malevolent that no creature would buy it unless they fail an appraise check DC 10 + your Cha mod.

but not only mundane items, i want something like take on gear from a dimentional space and use it (like esra from fary tail )

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Dimension Pocket and Call Armor from the Complete Psionics source book are two 1st level powers similar to what you want.

For homebrew, maybe brew up a magic armor special ability.
    Perhaps Something like:

Self-Storing
    The wearer of this kind of armor can will the armor away into an extradimensional space or retrieve it with a 1-round mental action.

Moderate psychoportation; ML 6th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, Call Armor; Price: +2 bonus

My Homebrew.

Master Ref Of the Arena Tournament!
    Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena Combatants: | Dense | Mad Al | Twang | De'Athbypro Xie

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Idhan View Post
    The simplest approach is to play a psychic warrior with call weaponry,, inertial armor, perhaps force screen, and maybe the soulbound weapon variant of the psychic warrior.

However, while the call weapon ability is a good fit, inertial armor is more like mage armor than summoned armor. Perhaps a power could be created that would allow you to summon armor, which would start off summoning a breastplate or somesuch, and could be augmented to summon full plate, mithral full plate, etc, and could also gain enhancements with increase PP expenditure?
    I agree with this. Psychic warrior is one of the best classes to do what you're trying to do.

What system are you using? What sourcebooks do you have access to?
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

im using pathfinder / d&d 3.5

all boocks. i want to homebrew the class

10. - Top - End - #10

Okay, in that case you should probably base it off of the soulknife.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unl...sses/soulknife

The soulknife is entirely based around making your own weapon. It uses the psionics rules, which you may want to read up on.

The only armor- or shield-related ability the soulknife has is Mind Shield. At an even-numbered level, the mindblade can gain this skill, granting a +2 shield bonus to AC. You could design additional skills based around that to get the results you want.
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Puff of Smoke
    Conjuration
    Level: Bard 2, Sor/Wiz 2
    Component: V,S
    Casting Time: 1 Minute
    Range: Gear Equip on your person
    Target: Gear on your person
    Duration: 1 hour/Level
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

Once this spell is cast, all the gear on your is attuned to your person for the duration of the spell. As long as the equipment is not in the direct ownership of another creature, when you utter the command word all your gear comes fully equip on you in a brilliant puff of smoke.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Caliruth View Post
    Puff of Smoke
    Conjuration
    Level: Bard 2, Sor/Wiz 2
    Component: V,S
    Casting Time: 1 Minute
    Range: Gear Equip on your person
    Target: Gear on your person
    Duration: 1 hour/Level
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

Once this spell is cast, all the gear on your is attuned to your person for the duration of the spell. As long as the equipment is not in the direct ownership of another creature, when you utter the command word all your gear comes fully equip on you in a brilliant puff of smoke.
    This is very similar to retrieve item, which is a level 2 spell that only works on one item and it does not allow armor to be worn immediately. I would make this at least 3rd level, and maybe include a costly spell focus worth 300 gp.
    Last edited by Thomar_of_Uointer; 2012-03-02 at 03:05 PM.
    I make games.