New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Saer's Manor

Saer made a small noise of acknowledgment to her answer. When she asked her next question, she would be able to feel his chest shake subtly with suppressed laughter, and the lightness of it carried to his voice. "Whatever reputation your race has, I assure you, mine is worse or at least equal" He rest his cheek on the top of her head. "Your dragon counterpart is historically more hazardous to me than your Drow at any rate."
    My avatar Saer made by the lovely, talented Gnomish Wanderer! Thank you!

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground

My dragon blood can't be dangerous to you. It only manipulates fire. Hardly harmful to demons. No, not her. If any, it would be her siblings that would prove more deadly.

Despite the cold surroundings, Nixa's internal furnace doesn't give up. In fact, it seems to meet the challenge gleefully, producing more and more heat every second she stands there. It's a little draining, and Nixa feels slightly drowsy standing there.

But that's okay, because Saer's there. It's so cozy to just rest, up against him, listening to his heartbeat. Steady and strong. Like Prism's. She remembered curling up against the soft golden dragon during dark nights, enjoying the glow, the soft light...

Do you have a family, Saer? she's shocked she hasn't asked before, but it only just occurred to her that he may actually have brothers, or... or children... a wife maybe...

She shifts uncomfortably, not liking that train of thought.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Pixie in the Playground

The demon's chuckle was barely audible in the hollow room. "It was never draconic blood, yours nor others, that posed a danger to me. The teeth and claws are reason enough to be cautious."

His first reaction to her question was to audibly sigh, the chuckle fading into the darkness. This was somewhat dangerous ground. Though perhaps not for the reasons most would infer. He was quiet a long moment before answering with a solemn tone. "Why do you think I wanted to teach you to fight my kind?"

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

4. - Top - End - #304
    Pixie in the Playground

She doesn't comment on this at first. It makes sense to her somehow. That family members can be thoroughly dangerous. Laith had almost killed her when she was an infant, and again when she was twenty. But, eventually she needs to continue the topic, even pulling away from him slightly. Generally she'd use that distance to look into his eyes and judge his reaction, but in the dark she can't really do that.

Why does your family pose a threat to you?

5. - Top - End - #305
    Pixie in the Playground

When she withdrew, he allowed it, though it was more by extension of his arms than letting her go. She couldn't see him, but her heat cast off at angles that showed her facial expressions beautifully.

"Not to myself directly. But to you. And Angele." Saer's hand slid from around her shoulders and unconsciously to the side of her face, curling a stray bit of hair behind her ear. "They don't know about my agreement with our Father. But the fewer girls I have, the more likely they can inadvertently discover it. They've killed my girls before."

KCDC

6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground

She lifts a claw to his hand, covers it, caresses it.

If he can see her face, then it's thoughtful. She's trying to decide whether or not to...

He's just trying to protect his girls.
    He doesn't need to know what she can do.
    But maybe if he knew he wouldn't worry. The one thing she hated most was someone else insisting that she was an easy target. Her pride simply would not allow it. Besides, she's been aching to show it off to somebody.

I'd like to show you something. Nixa says carefully. Not here. Out back, behind the house. I think... you ought to see it. You and no-one else.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Pixie in the Playground

She wouldn't be able to see his brow quirk, but she'd hear it in his voice. "O...kay..."

That was all. No other questions. Simply, he withdrew from her, though purposefully let one hand slid down her arm and to her hand. He led her up the stairs so long as she lit no other fire.

They took a back door to the manor's main gardens. There was a wide expanse of lawn as well, just before the trees to the forest made themselves known, though it was somewhat difficult to see by moonlight. Still, it was there.

He'd let go of her gloved claw somewhere along the way. When they got to the lawn, he turned to her and made a gesture, as if to say, The floor is yours.
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-03-01 at 02:16 PM.

KCDC

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

She walks out onto the grass and stands a moment.

Is this really wise?

...Probably not...

Water. She says faintly, turning towards him. I'll need water. It stops the fire and helps mend the cuts. And uh, you'll want to stand back.

She's already lost a lot of blood in the past few days. She knows it's dangerous. But the dragon blood will pull her through, it always has.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Pixie in the Playground

Water...? Saer's bemused look was quickly overcome with one of apprehension when she mentioned water to 'stop the fire' and 'mend the cuts'. He blinked, "What--?" Then shook his head. "No. What exactly are you planning--"

Then it dawned on him and he cut himself off mid-sentence. Caleb's detailed description of her in the water from before came to mind, particularly the oozing wounds he described all over her body. . Saer frowned hard and looked around. Water?? There was a sizable pond beyond the trees but...

With a thoughtful expression slowly taking over the worried one, he leaned back and crossed his arms with his head slightly tipped to the side. "You need something to quench the fire and heal your cuts?" He gave a half shrug and then gestured vaguely to himself. "I've never seen this, but it seems to fit my curriculum vitae."

KCDC

10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, if there's water nearby then Nixa's ready.

Still, the dragoness has never had an audience to her changes before. As such, she finds herself reluctant to take even the first step in the change. But to back down now would be cowardly. She's already decided.

She stands side on to Saer. Takes a deep breath. Reaches up and begins to unzip her dress down the back. She tries to move slowly, tries to stretch this bit out, but there's only so long she can make it last.

So she rushes the next stage.

She steps out of her clothes, tosses them to the side, over by Saer. She's not looking at him, but he'll almost certainly see the furious blush across her face as she stands before him. Too quickly she begins the change, her skin heating and heating till it's glowing red, and her wings arcing out from her back.

Spurts of blood spray in every direction as the scales begin to push through her skin, opening cut after cut until she's so red it's near impossible to tell what is scale and what is blood.

It's not a neat change. At all. The scales stick from her body, overlapping and at odd angles. It's immediately clear that there are too many and they don't really fit her humanoid shape.

Which is around the time that her bone structure begins to change. With loud cracks and popping sounds, they stretch and alter, growing and twisting, a tail spurting and her jaw extending into a muzzle until...

Until a red dragon stands before him, it's scales flattening into place around it's body, her wings settling back into place. It's nowhere near as large as Draaxar had been, but she's still the size of a large grizzly bear, and probably not a creature you'd want to come across. The scales glint and glitter in the moonlight. Rough and hard, she looks exactly like a smaller, feminine version of her old master, thin and built for speed as well.

It's a moment before her eyes flick open again and she curls around to look at Saer, the hint of a smile on her red muzzle. The entire transformation took no more than thirty seconds, and it's something she is truly proud of.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Pixie in the Playground

When she didn't answer his unspoken question, but instead started undressing, he almost said something. She didn't know where the pond was, but he still wasn't sure if she'd even need it...

Well...he supposed he'd find that out when the time came.

As the dress came off and she blushed so furiously, much as he would have liked to, he kept his eyes on hers. Somehow, the fact that she already had such ideals embedded in her mind about nudity added to her charm. He respected that by keeping his gaze above her neckline.

But when the change started, he forgot all else.

The sweet, metallic scent of blood was the first thing to set his heart at a faster pace. He had to fight both instinct and protective impulses to remain where he was, but somehow he did.

Then, there she was.

Saer let out a breath he didn't know he was holding once it was over. The whole process may have only taken 30 seconds, but it had felt like forever. He was no stranger to shifts, but hers had taken longer, was more dramatic than his.

He stood in silence for the longest moment. She'd told him she had a draconic form. It was another thing to see it. And more than that, he didn't know what he should say, whether he should approach her or stay behind.

KCDC

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

Mostly she didn't answer his question because it didn't matter just yet. It would soon, but for now she was just keen to show off. Talk about unruly pride!

Nixa notices his hesitance and laughs. It's... odd. Very odd. It seemed as though her laugh should be booming, deep to match her form, but no. The exact same light laugh, and the exact same voice, neither of which match her new body.

I did tell you I'm a dragon. That wasn't me being over-dramatic. She takes a step forward and nudges him gently with her muzzle, trying not to cut him with her razor-sharp scales. She's grinning, enjoying his reaction completely.

Every movement she makes results in very small flecks of blood dislodging from under her scales. The wounds are still there. Covered and clamped off by the scales, but definitely still there.

Oh, and the grass beneath her paws is probably either burning or charred by now, as her heat output has tripled after the change.

She suddenly remembers what else she wanted to show him. It didn't cause as much damage to her in this form. Taking two large steps back and breathing in deeply, there comes the loudest CLICK! Yet heard from her.

The force of the fire is incredible, the heat intense, but it's a narrow, strong jet and not a sheet. And all of it is aimed directly at Saer.

Whatever his reaction was, whatever happened, even if he jumps aside (although since fire doesn't hurt him, I don't know why he would), she lets out another peal of giddy laughter.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-03-02 at 08:09 AM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Pixie in the Playground

As the jet of flame was blasted at him, Saer reacted off pure instinct. Flame knew him. Flame was his. He didn't dodge, nor deflect, but pulled. Opening his palms, he caught the blaze as it hurtled at him. Unfortunately, without more of his skin exposed than his face and hands, the fire had little place to go other than through his clothes. His shirt sleeves took the damage to get to the bare skin of his arms, charring black and flaking away.

The result on his energy reserves was insurmountable. She'd just provided him with enough juice to fireball a small town. It made his insides quake, and for just a moment, he felt the same power he always had when back in the Hells.

Only a second. Then the cool air took enough away so he could breath easy.

When he heard her high peal of laughter, the demon raised a wry brow at her. "Next time a warning would be nice." With an annoyed growl, he ripped off what remained of the shirt, muttering something about his wardrobe bill for the years to come.
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-03-02 at 03:49 PM.

KCDC

14. - Top - End - #314
    Pixie in the Playground

She couldn't help but laugh again. You know, if you're so worried about that, enchant your clothes to be fire proof. It's not a big deal and it would make sense... In fact, she can't believe that he hasn't already done that.

She stretches in a style reminiscent of a cat, arcing her scaled back and yawning to show about three rows of horribly sharp needle-like fangs. Is she still showing off? You bet.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Pixie in the Playground

Saer let out a huff of wry laughter as he brushed more ash off his arms. "Honestly, it's never been a problem before. I know how to control my own fire. I've never had to contend with someone else's before." He paused, thought on his last sentence, then rephrased. "Not someone else's on a regular basis since I left."

KCDC

16. - Top - End - #316
    Pixie in the Playground

She smiles apologetically, looking a little embarrassed. Sorry, I just... wanted to show what I could do.

If she's causing trouble then perhaps she ought to change back. But she doesn't want to. The cuts and blood... aren't exactly things she feels like facing right now. So she rakes her mind for a question, something to keep him talking.

Ah, she has it. Tell me about your family?

17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground

He shot her one of his half, good-humored smiles to show he wasn't truly bothered by it, then set back to brushing off the remaining ashes from his chest and stomach. Then she asked her question and he paused mid-stroke.

It was only for a breath. Then his actions gradually resumed as he asked with as neutral a voice as he could muster: "What would you like to know?"

KCDC

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

I'd like to know how much damage a demon like you could do to me when I'm in this form. That's a pretty good place to start. Really, if it was ever a possibility that she would meet his family, then it would be prudent to know what they're capable of.

She has no doubt - none whatsoever - that the demons would have some way of cutting through her scales. She hasn't heard of any weapon that could do that, but if there was one, you'd expect the darker forces of Hell to have it.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Pixie in the Playground

Saer paused in thought to her question. Well...that wasn't so bad. "Like me?" He considered a moment. "I would hope you won't have the chance to find out." There were a few faces running through his mind's eye. Three, in particular.

He finished brushing himself off, and for lack of anything else to do, crossed his arms over his bare chest. He stared at the ground for several seconds, looking at her deadly claws, then raised his eyes up to hers. "It could be considerable if you don't know what to expect. The ones who are 'like me' are no strangers to combat with your kind. That's why I wanted to teach you." He expression was neutral, but his tone grave.

KCDC

20. - Top - End - #320
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa smiles, and with the rows of fangs it looks completely evil. I can't wait to learn.

She doesn't mean anything by it, didn't mean it to sound threatening at all. She meant that she's keen on learning a new style of fighting, but that really wasn't the way it sounded.

Unaware of this, she looks around, her spiked tail lashing. You said there was a pond nearby?

21. - Top - End - #321
    Pixie in the Playground

The look Nixa gave him made him apprehensive more than anything. Because she seemed so eager. And the situation was so serious.

Then she mentioned the pond.

He partially nodded. "I didn't actually, but there is. My question to you is, is it necessary?" He'd already proven he could absorb absurd amounts of heat, and also that he could heal. But if she insisted on water, he wouldn't keep her from it.

KCDC

22. - Top - End - #322
    Pixie in the Playground

She hesitates. Umm... I don't know. The water is healing, but if you can heal as well then... no, I don't know. She sits back in a cat like manner, curling her tail around her front paws and looking down at him. I've never tried the change back without water before. I think... maybe you should... go back inside.

((Sorry for the short posts - I'm a little busy today!))
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-03-03 at 02:35 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Pixie in the Playground

((No worries! I've been there myself!))

Her nervousness, for some reason, amused him. "A compromise, then. Since you've not shown me this before, let's go to the water, and I'll let you know if it's something I can help you with in the future without the aid of water." As he spoke, he motioned and started to walk towards the line of trees, so long as she didn't stop him.

If she followed, he took her to the pond in question, which was just too small to be considered a lake. A stream of water flowed into and out of it on either side -A creek in the middle of the forest.

KCDC

24. - Top - End - #324
    Pixie in the Playground

She hesitates again before padding after him, moving surprisingly quietly for such a conspicuous creature.

When they reach the water's edge, she wades in, and the water heats until it begins to boil and steam. She turns to face Saer, an anxious and determined look on the red, scaled face. I'm alright. Really. Go back inside, I don't want you here for this.

Half the reason she wants him gone is that the pulsing wounds and cuts are her largest weakness, and not something she wants him to see. The other half of the reason is that... well, she's left her dress on the grass next to the manor. While it doesn't matter for her dragon form, she doesn't like the thought of morphing back with Saer watching.

((My computer just died on me. *Sigh*. I thought it may be able to last two more years until I go to uni, but I guess not. Suppose I'm stuck with a laptop then...

I just lost about half my files because I didn't back up anything. That really, really sucks! 'course it's all my fault, which makes it even worse because I want to blame it on the computer. ))

25. - Top - End - #325
    Pixie in the Playground

((Awwwww, I hate that. I'm so sorry. It's happened to the best of us, though. I wish there was some way I could help. ))

The demon sighed a bit when she spoke, then as calmly as possible, he replied, "You said you had something to show me. If you insist to only display half and leave the other a mystery, I will do as you ask -though it would be desirable if you had a more polite way of requesting it. You don't follow my commands. I see no reason why I should follow yours." The demon folded his arms and leaned his bare shoulders back into a nearby tree. "But if I am to train you properly, I think it would be wiser if I knew everything, saw everything. Caleb already told me what he witnessed. If what he says is true, I believe I can help you. And," he finished with a soft tone, "if the nudity is your concern, I promise I will not try to make you uncomfortable." It didn't sound sarcastic nor patronizing in the least. No, in fact, he sounded genuine.
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-03-03 at 09:18 AM.

KCDC

26. - Top - End - #326
    Pixie in the Playground

((Ah, it's okay. Luckily for me there was a spare laptop just lying around. Not sure who's it is, or why it was there, but it was just sitting in a corner gathering dust, as it has been for months. So it's mine now. ))

She lays down in the water, drops her head onto her front paws, just barely out of the water, and looks at him, worried.

What if I'm too weak? What if you don't want me? Childish thoughts, but Nixa's still young and this concerns her greatly. The questions are quiet, as though pleading him to tell her otherwise, to turn around and leave. It's an odd tone for a red dragon.

But if her size isn't a dead giveaway already that Nixa is young and inexperienced, then I'm not sure what would be.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Pixie in the Playground

Saer had to strain to hear her, and he was glad he did.

With a gentle smile on his lips, an expression not often seen by others, he pushed away from the tree walked up to the edge of the pond. Disregarding his shoes, he waded in and knelt down, touching his hand lightly to her scaled face, that ridge just beneath her eye. Wary of her scales, he stroked with a thumb and met her eyes as he spoke in a low, soothing tone. "What words are these, coming from the throat of my most willful and prideful girl? Surely you can't believe that I would not want you, that I would think you are weak? Not after everything you have shown me. Not after all we've gone through these last few days."

KCDC

28. - Top - End - #328
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa closed her eyes and sought refuge in her memories, asking for advice. But the old dragon who used to whisper in her mind so had been quieted recently. She doesn't know what to do, and eventually finds herself doing something she's never done before.

She asks herself.

Not Draaxar, not Skel'iim, not one of her siblings, not Saer. She's always had a reason for doing something, and it's always been fueled by one of her elders. But not this time.

What does Nixa Vivilandra - no, not even an apprentice anymore, she's done with that name - what does Nixa think?

Well, it's her Change. And she's proud of her dragon blood. She ought not be worried about damage because she's standing in water right now. She ought not be worried about Saer, because he'd be a fool to not want her. She ought to hold her head high with pride and face the Change, because it was wonderful, a part of being a dragon, and not something to be viewed as a weakness at all.

So she does just that, lifts her head from the water, and fixes her glowing red eyes on his icy blue ones. They stay on him, proud and unchanging, as she shrinks and her bones click back into a humanoid form.

The moment her scales lift from her body the wounds begin to drip blood, but it isn't until they vanish under her skin again, leaving an eerie red glow, that they truly begin to bleed. Rather than try to heal her she lifts her arms and crosses them over her chest to hide part of her nakedness, letting her blood flow into the water and watching Saer for his reaction. The wounds don't hurt her and she wants to know what he'll do upon seeing so much blood spill. They're everywhere. Her arms, legs, face, scalp, throat, stomach...

Closer inspection reveals them to be not only cuts and tears in her skin, but also burns. The edges of every cut is blackened and swollen, charred. With such wounds, it's hard to imagine fire and heat helping at all.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Pixie in the Playground

Somehow, some way, she did not show any signs of pain. He had heard her say as much before in her incoherent ramblings, but it was another thing entirely to see all those cuts, all that blood, and have her stand there staring at him. Almost eerie. Though there was no fear in him, there was a flinch to his gaze which was full only of concern. And also a faint glimmer of Pride in her that she had done as much while allowing him to stay.

He stepped forward, keeping his eyes on hers, and reached gently down to her arms. He touched her elbows and lowered his gaze to her shoulder, one of the more modest pieces of skin she was showing. He was making good on his words, trying to keep her from discomfort in her vulnerability. He studied one of the wounds amidst the blood.

Yes, there were burn marks. Which was odd for her, certainly. Were she human, his healing touch would actually work better on her than it did with other lesions. Anything in reference to heat and fire belonged to Saer, and that included burns. But she was partially draconic and not of his world.

Only one way to find out if his power extended as far as this.

He touched his thumb lightly over one of the cuts in her skin, and before he tried healing, he gently, metaphysically pulled as he normally would with blaze and heat. This pull was to draw the burn from her skin, bring it into himself. And, if that much worked, he would then try to mentally knit the single wound at its edges in his usual fashion. He was very cautious throughout the process. Usually he could do it in a single step. He didn't want to take any chances with her and this unpredictable wound.

KCDC

30. - Top - End - #330
    Pixie in the Playground

When he started to pull, he was rewarded with heat. But not just a little, and not from that one burn. When he pulled the heat from her, it connected somehow to her inner furnace and suddenly he was pulling heat directly from her essence and not just the wound. Which is to say, he gets a lot of heat, very, very quickly. The wound relinquishes the burn but...

Nixa closes her eyes and winces as the heat is drawn from her core self, but otherwise doesn't comment.