New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1439545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #1891
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

"Do you know what is most irregular-- I remember our fiasco of our charade a bit differently.." Quill answers when the subject has already changed.

"The first one was a success, they let us in the keep and prevented the guards to stop Muscles and yourself from being spotted by the guards. Up until we showed our literal color"

"And our last brush with Butchy the Flayer allowed us to land a few clouts before he became... self aware."

"Without our bad acting, i might say. It would have been our rogue bleeding at the door entrance. Mister Badger would have been summoned to late and Muscles would have no clear sight on his enemy."

A bin grin appears on the gnomes his face.
    "The more jubilant criminals are the one that act like they have nothing to hide. And thus they evade the authorities. I ask only that we do the same here, knowing that we are that good at this disguise is more a boon as we are already taking in account that we will be discovered"

He walks next to Savin not wanting to risk 3 more arrows in his chest while rushing to the guardhouse.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

2. - Top - End - #1892

ElfPirate

"Well, Pagemaster, if you remember, it was Master Savin and I whom snuck over the wall and came behind the guard killing him, that actually got us in the gate." Ryx says turning to the gnome, "And yes, it is hard to sneak into a room when you have to open a door. So the deception was needed in that instance."

Spoiler
    Show

ooc: it's tough to know what to do without a map of the area. Achi said the guardhouse is not on the way of the lighted path, so if we're going out of the way again and its obvious, it looks suspicious. Hate to say this, but maybe we need to wait for a final decision til Achi puts a map up of the area.

3. - Top - End - #1893

"What I remember was that the two of you almost gave away your location. Was it not for us the keep would have been on high alert and the deception ended naturally when the guard was stabbed down, what prison food could do to someone memory"

4. - Top - End - #1894
    Titan in the Playground

"We are agreed, then? Guardhouse first, while trying to maintain the ruse as long as possible? While no actor, although it may be best if you don a cloak, Maesyn, and use your silver tongue to keep up the act as long as possible. What say you?"

5. - Top - End - #1895
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm afraid I have little facility with acting or deception," Maesyn admits. "At best, we could affect the guise but actually persuading anyone that we are who we appear to be would be risky."

He ponders a moment. "All things considered, though, I doubt there's anyone in the guardhouse. If they don't even bother to guard the Dusk Lord's Passage, why would they guard the entrance to a crumbling keep?"

Maesyn Silverhair

6. - Top - End - #1896
    Titan in the Playground

Savin considers Maesyns words for a moment before responding.
    "Mayhap, but you can keep the ruse up longer than I could ever, I am sure. As far as the gatehouse... my guess is they never expected anyone other than their ilk to make their way through that infernal passage. But, here, who knows what beasts may inhabit this dreadful land that they have no control over? I think it is best to be cautious in this matter, at least until we know this keep is secure. Let us move out, then, and see what we can find out. We'll act as guards and Ryx, through stealth, can cover our sides. Does everyone agree with this?"

7. - Top - End - #1897

ElfPirate

The elven mercenary, silent through the exchange, seeing the logic in Maesyn's words about guarding the passage and keep. But, this elven rogue hasn't been the lone survivor from two different adventuring parties through sheer luck, or maybe it was... he thinks, as a genuine smile appears on his face for a mere moment as the faces of the deceased and those that moved on of those two parties invade is thoughts, but i'm still alive.

"Yes, I see your logic Maesyn, but this place is surely strange and we must remain on guard. As Savin eluded to, who knows what we may encounter."
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-09-03 at 02:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1898
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

The group argues what to do next and what strategy to use. Do they continue the ruse or go into stealth mode?

While Axara and Rayen stay silent, the four men discuss the issue, with Ryxikor wanted to go as a scout but Maesyn and Quill dampen his ardors by reminding him of the potential danger of this mysterious plane.

Finally, the group comes to a compromise. Savin and Maesyn will pretend to be guards and Quill and the women to be dominated. Ryxikor will hide in the darkness.

They approach the shadow gatehouse and this outlying fortification is in even worse shape than the main body of the keep. Portions of the northern wall still stand, and serve as the basis for a dilapidated lean-to made from split wooden planks roofing over what is left of the walls. To one side stands a crude wooden cage. A single lizardfolk sits within, its hands tied together and secured to a stout wooden post.

The group sees two lizardfolks of a new kind for them. The scales of these reptilian warriors are black as night, and their eyes are pale orbs. Shadows seem to flow around them like cold black flames.

When they first see the “Dominated” girls, they say in draconic. “ Beth yr ydych yn ei wneud yma, rydych yn fud clychau. Dilynwch y llusernau

For draconic speakers only
    Spoiler
    Show
    What are you doing here, you dumb bells. Follow the lanterns.

However, they suddenly see the :guards, they grab their javelin and get ready to throw them, yelling in draconic ” Tresmaswyr! Tresmaswyr!

For draconic speakers only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intruders! Intruders!.

The only possession you see on these enemies is a great club and 5 javelins.

ROLL INITIATIVE PLEASE!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

9. - Top - End - #1899

(1d20+1)[18] Quills roll.

10. - Top - End - #1900
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[21]

11. - Top - End - #1901

ElfPirate

Noticing the others in the group just standing still, not doing anything, he wonders if there is a medusa about.

Hearing shouts from within the guardhouse, Ryx recognizes the sound of the draconic language tho he does not understand it. The problem is, the heroes have interacted with lizardfolk in a positive manner and have had to fight off many undead lizardfolk during this campaign so far, so Ryx decides more investigation is needed. With no outer wall to the keep, Ryx stealthily moves around the other side of the smaller guardhouse as he withdraws his mundane dagger. Holding organripper, the elf moves around the corner. Once he sees the opening in the crumbling wall, the rogue moves closer to see what exactly lurks inside.

Once Ryx gets to a position where he can see inside, if he can determine the nature of the lizardfolk it would help, but as in the swamp Ryx will attack first then ask questions later, so if they show any sign of hostility Ryx throws his dagger.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 40/41
    AC: 18

move action: move 25' to the opening at AL31
    standard action: attack closest lizardfolk with ranged attack

attack with mundane dagger: (1d20+10)[30] if they don't notice him, does he get surprise or anything
    damage: (1d4+2)[3]

hide: (1d20+9)[29]

ooc: I hope that's an ok post, I tried not to metagame

12. - Top - End - #1902
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 16
    HP: 25/25
    Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 4/4, 2 2/2; sorc: 0 3/3
    Bardic Music: 5/6

The ruse quickly seen through, Maesyn moves up against the wall. He caught a glimpse of the cage and intends to check it out, but doesn't want the lizardfolk coming after him. So he waits until they have a melee combatant to deal with, be that Savin or one of Quill's summons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move to AN23.

Standard action: Ready an action to move to AP24 (condition: when there is a melee combatant adjacent to S2).

Spot check on the lizardfolk: (1d20+1)[18]

Maesyn Silverhair

13. - Top - End - #1903

Watch our back, please

the gnome said in a mental command toward his familiar as she jumps of his shoulder and looks to the west.

As Quill fires of an other magic missile barrage.

(1d4+1)[3] (1d4+1)[2] (1d4+1)[2]

"They force magic our hands, get them."

14. - Top - End - #1904
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Maesyn, Quill, Ryxikor, Axara, enemies (action stopped here), Rayen, Savin

Maesyn is the first to react, noticing that the ruse does not work. He is ready to move near the cage as soon a fighter has engaged the lizardfolks. He looks at them and realizes these are shadowscales with their shadow drain ability.

Quill does not hesitate and unleash his magic, burning the undead with his energy darts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ouro, please indicates your target and keep track of the spell count. Thanks

Ryxikor moves to the other side of the ruined gatehouse and to his surprise, he sees a shadow blackscale lizardfolk waiting to attack. He throws his dagger at the regular shadowscale before trying to hide in plain sight. The dagger nips the enemy, barely scratching it.

Axara moves in to attack the nearest shadow scale and gives the blackscale reach, gives it an attack of opportunity. The monster hits her very hard

Spoiler
    Show
    Axara: -22HP – Currently at -12/34

The cleric tries to hit the lizardfolk but she is still under the shock of the previous attack and fails to make contact.

The shadowscale lizardolks unleash their attack. The blackscale attacks Axara but barely misses her. The shadowscale drops his javelin and hits her with his great club, splitting her skull. The priestess falls to the ground, her brain exposed. It is clear that if she does not receive healing immediately, she will die.

Spoiler
    Show
    Axara: -21HP – Currently at -9/34

The second shadowscale throws its javelin at Rayen but misses the shaman.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All
    Axara spell: L0 5/5, L1 4/4 +1D, L2 3/3 +1D, L3 3/3+ 1D
    Turning attempts left: 5/5

+2 to melee damages - Rayen Aura- must be within 30 feet of Rayen

Last edited by achinca; 2013-09-05 at 11:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1905
    Titan in the Playground

Savin, seeing the priestess fall, yells out "Tempus' shield!" as he rusher forward, taking out his wand as he moves.
    Incanting quickly, he stands over her as the magic works its way over her, healing the grievous wound.

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~17; Current ~ 17
    HP ~ 53; Current ~53

Move action
    Move to AO-28 while taking out Wand of CLW

Standard Action
    Use Wand to cast CLW on Axara
    (1d8+5)[3](8)

Effects~

16. - Top - End - #1906

ElfPirate

Seeing the three lizardfolk, including a larger one, Ryx takes a step back as he mentally goes through his repertoire of options. The elf quickly reaches over his shoulder, inside the loose flap of his haversack, and easily grabs a flask that happens to be on top, with but a thought. Ryx quickly brings his right arm back and throws the alchemist fire at the large lizardfolk.

Spoiler
    Show

40/41

free action: 5' step back to AL32
    move action: grab alchemist fire from haversack
    standard action: ranged attack

attack: (1d20+8)[16]
    damage: (1d6)[3]

spot: (1d20+4)[5]

Alchemist Fire:
    You can throw a flask of alchemist’s fire as a splash weapon. Treat this attack as a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 10 feet.

A direct hit deals 1d6 points of fire damage. Every creature within 5 feet of the point where the flask hits takes 1 point of fire damage from the splash. On the round following a direct hit, the target takes an additional 1d6 points of damage. If desired, the target can use a full-round action to attempt to extinguish the flames before taking this additional damage. Extinguishing the flames requires a DC 15 Reflex save. Rolling on the ground provides the target a +2 bonus on the save. Leaping into a lake or magically extinguishing the flames automatically smothers the fire

17. - Top - End - #1907

"...."

Quill casts Summon monster II and one single Celestial Giant Fire Beetle appears and most likely is positioned to charge S2 (but if rayen already confronts it it heads to S1)

Celestial Giant Fire Beetle http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/giantFireBeetle.htm
    attack: (1d20+3)[19] including charging
    Damages: (2d4+1)[4] including smite

Partial concealment
    (1d100)[95]

18. - Top - End - #1908
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn is still waiting. He wants to help Axara but can't.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Ready same action as before.

Maesyn Silverhair

19. - Top - End - #1909
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Maesyn, Quill, Ryxikor, Axara, enemies (action stopped here), Rayen, Savin

Rayen enters the room and spits her acid breath at the lizardfolk standing above the dying Axara. She hits the lizardfolk but the undead is fast enough to avoid half of the damages.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rayen acid breath: Ready in 2 round

The lizardfolk in the cage opens his eyes and yells in draconmic. “ gwneud yn dda. Kill pethau hynny!

For draconic speakers
    Spoiler
    Show
    well done. Kill those things!

Savin comes inside the room and does not hesitate. He heals Axara with his wand, saving her live. Her broken skull closes and she stops bleeding. However, she stays unconscious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Axara: +8HP – Currently at -1/34

Maesyn waits for a fighter to engage these monsters.

Quill calls another celestial and this time a giant fire beetle appears. It successfully hit the shadowscale.

Now that a fighter has engaged the monster, Maesyn makes his ready move.

Ryxikor realizes that the blackscale is the most dangerous enemy and decides to see how it reacts to fire. He throws a alchemist fire which would have hit it was not for the constant shadowy illumination. The alchemist fire explodes on the wall behind the blackscale, burning it very slightly.

Axara is unconscious. She sees the Lady of Mysteries herself. “Mystra?” “Use the magic I give you ……. Remenber that I specifically chose you ….

The blackscale moves 5 feet and attack Savin and hits him hard. The first shadowscale moves 5 feet and triesto hit Rayen but fails to do so. The second shadowscale grabs its greatclub and hit the fire beetle hard, sending it back to the celestial plane.

Spoiler
    Show
    Savin: -22HP – Currently at -31/53

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1910

ElfPirate

The battle-hardened elven mercenary is almost disheartened when he hears a loud recognizable voice to 'withdraw' back to him, but wonders why he hears the voice of the city official and not of the formidable Savin. Noting that Axara has gone down and Savin helps her at this very moment, the elf is not willing to sacrifice his position and is not deterred by the shadowy effects of this realm, so Ryxikor decides to try again, hoping a hit with a fire flask hurts the large creature. Quickly, Ryx reaches back into his haversack and with but a thought, his hand returns with another alchemist fire. The elf wastes no time, throwing it immediately.

Spoiler
    Show

move action: grab alchemist fire
    standard action: range attack with fire flask

attack: (1d20+8)[12]
    damage: (1d6)[4]
    concealment hit>20: (1d100)[44]

ooc: added to post when I saw Ouro's post and notice he acts before Ryx

Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-09-08 at 08:55 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1911
    Titan in the Playground

Savin feels the Blackscales hit, leaving a momentary ringing in his head.
    Quickly realizing they can be overwhelmed, he lashes out at the smaller shadow creature as he yells "We need to group together otherwise they will tear us apart!"

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~17; Current ~ 17
    HP ~ 53; Current ~31

Free Action
    Talk

Full Round Action
    1st attack S1
    (1d20+10)[3](13)

Crit Confirmation
    (1d20+10)[10](20)

Damage
    (2d4+7)[1][2](10) +2 if it is an aberration.

2nd attack S1
    (1d20+5)[4](9)

Crit Confirmation
    (1d20+5)[14](19)

Damage
    (2d4+7)[2][2](11) +2 if it is an aberration.

Effects~

Rayen Aura- +2 to melee damages, must be within 30 feet of Rayen

22. - Top - End - #1912

Hearing the plight of there ranger Quill respons

"Hunky-dory!" the gnome shouts
    "Withdrawal everyone! To me!"

Elven:
    انسحاب الجميع! بالنسبة لي! ا يمكن أن تحتاج إلى غيرها من استدعاء والحصول على مؤخرتك هنا عندما يتمMaesyn سحب برنامج Axara خارج انها سوف تحتاج الشفاء الخاص بك!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Maesyn! We could need an other summon and get your ass here when axara is dragged outside she would need your healing!"

With the bag and unlit candle still in his hand the Illusionist utters the words of power. "आकाशाचे कुत्रे पाचारणे"
    and two celestial dogs appear Sniffherbutticuss manifests at AN-28 next to Axara grabs her arm or legs with her mouth and 5 steps to AN-27 (axara will be at the dogs summon spot then) the dog drops cleric after moving preparing to repeat the action next round.
    Lightgrowlicus manifest at at AR-31 and charges S2
    Charging Smite Bite Attack! (1d20+4)[9] including the +2 to charge
    Charging Smite Bite Attack damage (1d4+4)[8] includes rayens +2 melee damage and smite

with that Quill 5 steps to the south AM-26 already preparing the web spell to cast the next round.

23. - Top - End - #1913
    Ogre in the Playground

Ignoring Quill's demands, Maesyn looks for a way to open the cage. He knows Axara is stable and out of immediate danger; while it'd be nice to have her up and casting, he hopes his current objective would work even better.

If the cage can be easily opened, he does so; otherwise, he seeks out Axara and casts cure light wounds on her.

Maesyn Silverhair

24. - Top - End - #1914
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Quill, Maesyn, Ryxikor, Axara, enemies, Rayen (action stopped here), Savin

Rayen swings her morning star at the nearest shadowscale lizardfolk. The hit is perfect and would have done a lot of damages to a living creature. Rayen thinks for a second “Wait .. these things are undead like the one we faced on the material plane ” S1 <50%

Spoiler
    Show
    S1 <50%
    Rayen acid breath: Ready next round

The lizardfolk in the cage cheers Rayen’s hit.

Savin swings his spiked chain at the undead Rayen just hit but fails to make contact.

Quill calls two celestial dogs. The first takes a quick sniff of Axara’s behind and moves her 5 feet. The second one charges the less wounded lizardfolk but fails to bite it. The sorcerer moves 5 feet and prepare his next round while calling for withdrawal.

Maesyn ignores Quill’s call for withdrawing and spot the lock tied to a chain locking the door. The door looks breakable but brute force is not the bard main forte. Instead, he moves 15 feet next to the unconscious Axara and heals her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Axara: +7HP – Currently at 6/34

The cleric opens her eyes and silently dsays “:thank you” to the half-moon elf.

Ryxikor continues to attack the shadoscale blackscale with his alchemist fire. He hits the monster, burning him, as well as Axara.

Spoiler
    Show
    Puff, Do not forget to roll 2nd round of burn next post

Spoiler
    Show
    Axara: -1HP – Currently at 5/34

Axara ready an action. As soon as she can roll 5 feet to an space without creating an attack of opportunity, she will do it. Then, she will heal herself.

The blackscale growls at Ryxikor for burning him but knows he cannot get to the elf through the 5 feet hole in the whole. Instead, it attack Savin again and hit is hard again. The first shadowscale trieso hit Rayen but fails to do so. The second shadowscale swings its greatclub at one of Quill celestial does but does not hit it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Savin: -16HP – Currently at 15/53

Rayen moves 5 feet and unleashes her breath weapon, hit both the damaged lizardfolk and the black scale. Neither are fast enough to avoid the acid. The sahdowscale turns to dust while the blackscale growls its angert.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All

Celestial dogs: round 1/6

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1915

ElfPirate

Seeing that the larger lizardfolk has taken some damage, emboldens Ryx some, but more so, seeing Savin severely injured, motivates the elven warrior to draw his rapier and give up his surperior position and advance on the blackscale. Once within range, Ryx lashes out with organripper.

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 20 (18+2 twin sword style)

move action: draw rapier and move 15' to AL31
    standard action: melee attack with organripper

attack: (1d20+10)[29]
    damage: (1d4+5)[6] includes aura bonus

hit concealment >20: (1d100)[55]

spot to notice undead: (1d20+4)[20]

26. - Top - End - #1916

Sniffherbutticuss 5 steps toward the big lizard if the cleric has moved she moved to her place if not the square above her and attacks the big one

(1d20+2)[17] (1d4+4)[7] smite and +2 melee (i don't know if she is flanking it with ryx so no bonus included)

Lightgrowlicus contius his attack on the undead lizard
    (1d20+2)[19] (1d4+4)[5] smite and +2 melee

out of magic bold spells the gnome sighs put outs his wand and fires
    aiding lightgrowl bringing down the target. (1d4+1)[5]

27. - Top - End - #1917
    Titan in the Playground

Savin grunts in pain as the shadowscales club knocks him roughly upsides the head. Shaking it off as he spits out a mouthful of blood, a feral grin appears on his face as he lashes out at the large creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~17; Current ~ 17
    HP ~ 53; Current ~31

Free Action
    Talk

Full Round Action
    1st attack Big Shadowscales
    (1d20+10)[16](26) +1 if it is an underground creature.

Crit Confirmation
    (1d20+10)[3](13) +1 if it is an underground creature.

Damage
    (2d4+7)[4][2](13) +2 if it is an aberration and/or +1 if it is an underground creature.

2nd attack S1
    (1d20+5)[8](13) +1 if it is an underground creature.

Crit Confirmation
    (1d20+5)[5](10) +1 if it is an underground creature.

Damage
    (2d4+7)[1][2](10) +2 if it is an aberration and/or +1 if it is an underground creature.

Effects~

Rayen Aura- +2 to melee damages, must be within 30 feet of Rayen

28. - Top - End - #1918
    Ogre in the Playground

Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 4/5, 2 3/3; sorc: 0 3/3

Maesyn helps the dog drag Axara away from the melee.

Maesyn Silverhair

29. - Top - End - #1919
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Quill, Maesyn, Ryxikor, Axara, enemies, Rayen (action stopped here), Savin

Savin double swing his spiked chain at the undead blackscale which has been beating him to a pulp. The first hit damages him badly but the second hit fails to finish it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blackscale <20%

Sniffherbutticus takes another smell of Axara’s behind before attacking the shadowscale blackscale. It allows an attack of opportunity which the undead use to send the dog back to the celestial plane.

Lightgowlicus successfully bites the undead it is facing, damaging it significantly.

Quill uses it wand to help his dog in its effort to take down the monster.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadowscale <20%

Maesyn pulls Axara 5 feet, allowing her to roll if she wants to.

Ryxikor does not have to worry about suffering an AoO so he attacks the black scale. The combination of his attack and the burning fire turns the undead to ashes.

Axara gets up and holds her holy symbol high in the air. “Turns to dust, you monstrosity!. Her symbol of Mystra starts shining and a ray on light engulfs the shadowscale turning it to ashes.

As the final undead is dispatched, calms returns to the destroyed shadow gatehouse. Rayen suddenly starts coughing and spit blood. “That is what I am afraid of. I cannot stay on this plane much longer. I need to go back to my dragon. Our symbiotic relationship is been damaged by this plane…

She looks at Axara “Sorry Sister ….

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All
    Turning attempts left: 4/5

Celestial dogs: round 2/6

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1920

Quills poor nose is overwelmed with burning ash.
    The news of Rayen leaving the party makes him look up.

"Excuse me?"