New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXI: I'll Start My Own Team! With TF! And Janna!

Quote Originally Posted by Suedars View Post
    What does the ss abbreviation mean? Like "ss top"?
    miSSing

The people on EU use it for some reason unbeknownst to me, but I think it's because it's faster than typing mia.
    Credit to Dogmantra for the transparent background bracket!

I like typing text walls. Deal with it :P

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker64 View Post
    miSSing

The people on EU use it for some reason unbeknownst to me, but I think it's because it's faster than typing mia.
    This is likely, and the reason I have taken to using it. I'd rather not miss a cs every time I have to call mia.
    Formerly known as Cariyaga.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

How does Shen play since the rework? Bruiser, as I recall, but what are some specifics for lane or jungle?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I think it's a shortned form of "miss" actually, because it generally get's refered to as "calling 'miss'". I think mia is an abriviation that a lot of non english speakers don't know, so I don't think it's ever been popular in europe
    A viking who isn't intimidated!!

Dreaming of a wight apocalypse

"next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face!"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    How does Shen play since the rework? Bruiser, as I recall, but what are some specifics for lane or jungle?
    The exact same as before. Only now he's good.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kzickas View Post
    I think it's a shortned form of "miss" actually, because it generally get's refered to as "calling 'miss'". I think mia is an abriviation that a lot of non english speakers don't know, so I don't think it's ever been popular in europe
    The other theory being that it's an initialism for "stay safe", which I find slightly less believable.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Knockups look really weird on any champ who has a status effect that means they trail stuff behind them. Example: Anyone who's been slowed by a cold-based ability. Other example: Singed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    The other theory being that it's an initialism for "stay safe", which I find slightly less believable.
    I like it though. It sounds like you're whispering a loving caress to the other lanes.
    'Stay safe' you murmur. 'Stay safe and we'll be together again soon. Stay safe while Annie looks for tibbers out of my sight...'
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    That's the origin; it comes from DoTA like most of the terminology. EU has started using it for "missing" though; preferred over MIA since it's shorter and well, that's just the way of the server. Yours truly obviously has a pain trying to remember to use MIA on US and SS on EU (since tons of players on both will go "what?" if you use the other much of the time). As such, "ss" in LoL use is equivalent to "mia".
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

So I have been liking Fiora, What do you guys build?

Also my match history right now is the best. THE BEST.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251

I really like Doran's+Vamp-or-Wriggle's > Youmuu's > IE (> LW + BT + GA/QSS/Banshee/etc. with Cleanse as a summoner) on her. You get the damage and the chase power to supplement your kit perfectly from Youmuu and your ult hits like a truck especially on low armor targets (you'll have some 40 ArPen between runes, masteries and Youmuu's; true damage to many targets early on); and you get some CDR which is of course always neat, especially with a high impact long CD ult.

Greaves + E + Green Pot + Youmuu Active just barely ASpd caps you too so it feels like the right amount.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-03-05 at 09:10 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

So interesting game today:

I play GP, im top v Irelia. The lane is effectively dead even, I would say. Irelia has a slight advantage because I go OOM really fast and then notice that Shyvanna is doing her red. I port out of fear that I will get ganked because my lane has been pushed closish to the tower.

I return to lane and find that Irelia has very low HP. I poke her and kill her with Ignite. Shvyanna appears out of no where as does my rammus, we kill her too. Irelia rages in all chat about how Shvyanna will not gank, I actually have a long conversation with her and suggest that if she wants to win she should stop blaming her teammates because she's a lot better than your average solo queue player (I'm being honest here, I think that most irelias I encounter solo top are pretty dumb. She knew what she was doing). She says she doesnt want to so I leave it. Later, she decides to fight at the wrong time, and me, being GP, kill her. She gets mad and again blames Shvyanna. Confident I have won my lane I we proceed to go even in farm as the rest of the game evolves.

The enemy team is very good. Despite being ahead because of Rammus ganks we find our rammus is very behind in farm and levels and hasn't build tanky enough to engage properly. Meanwhile the enemy comp of Soraka+Ez+Galio is poking our 0 sustain comp. Bad positioning enables the enemy to get multiple towers and an eventual Baron+middle inhib. We are sure the game is over, but we play on anyways. The enemy, in a surprisngly idiotic move, dives to our base towers and we score an Ace. At this point I'm very fed, having Fratmas+FoN+Oracles. irelia is split pushing top and Ez is split pushing bottom. My team chases down Irelia while Karthus and I zone out Galio+Soraka, we then catch 1 or 2 of the enemy and take baron. I port to defend our base and we realize the enemy is pushing. Irelia is being a complete idiot so we kill her. We then kill the rest of the enemy team because... GP E, R+Shurelias+Rammus Q+Karthus W= SO MUCH SPEED.

The game ends and I realize that Irelia's negative attitude probably lost the game. She was convinced her team was useless so she split push the entire game. She was convinced she was good enough to carry the team so she got caught multiple times becuase, well, Caitlyn+GP is a LOT of damage late game (even if Caitlyn does suck late game, she has a LW. THANK YOU GOD SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY DOES THIS AGAINST ARMOR STACKING TEAMS). If she had worked with her team and listened to them they would have won. Instead she dove and split push and died alone. Rammus played poorly, and almost lost us thegame because he fell behind mid game, but eventually we pulled ourselves together and won the game with several good engages.

The more I play this game the more I realize how intricate it is and how important basic things like zoning, warding, ganking and lane control are. I love this game.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd like to start learning lane Lee Sin for possible 1v2 scenarios.

How does he work? Doran's+Q start, use Q to last hit if pressured? W to avoid poke, E to farm at turret if needed?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Don't start Doran's in a 1v2. Don't start Doran's unless you're against an extremely safe lane matchup. It's too much of a gamble. Cloth+5 or Boots+3 are much safer starts. To be perfectly honest, top laners should start Boots+3 (or Cloth+5 in a Bruiser vs Bruiser lane), mid laners should start Boots+3, and non-support bottom laners should start Boots+3 (unless you have a hyper-sustain support like Soraka, in which case Doran's is passable, or you'll want/need an early wriggles, in which case you'll want cloth+5). Other starts are possible but rarely are they as strong.

Lee Sin isn't particularly strong 1v2 and that shouldn't really happen in the first place unless you send him bottom lane. I'm not sure of what you're looking for. Cho'Gath, Galio, and Kennen are all much more capable.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-03-06 at 12:09 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

I finally got ahead of my season 1 elo rating! ...by one point. 1737!

My Janna got picked up by the other team, so I had to play as Sona for the first time in ranked. I had played her a handful of times in normal games, but never extensively. She's good fun, I might need to practice her more. Plays very differently, though... soooo much more vulnerable if she's caught by herself.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2012-03-06 at 12:55 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I really like Doran's+Vamp-or-Wriggle's > Youmuu's > IE (> LW + BT + GA/QSS/Banshee/etc. with Cleanse as a summoner) on her. You get the damage and the chase power to supplement your kit perfectly from Youmuu and your ult hits like a truck especially on low armor targets (you'll have some 40 ArPen between runes, masteries and Youmuu's; true damage to many targets early on); and you get some CDR which is of course always neat, especially with a high impact long CD ult.

Greaves + E + Green Pot + Youmuu Active just barely ASpd caps you too so it feels like the right amount.
    I feel like, with all that flat armor pen, you should get Black Cleaver and buy some other boots or something, instead of LW. Or is BT+BC too much gold to invest? Can you get Wriggle's+BC instead of LW+BT and is it worth it?

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Anyone else staying up and watching IEM right now?

CLG just picked blitzcrank/alistar. This should be crazy

18. - Top - End - #258
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Laudandus View Post
    Anyone else staying up and watching IEM right now?

CLG just picked blitzcrank/alistar. This should be crazy
    Yeah...except Corki/Janna has ridiculous disengage and CLG didn't capitalize on their level 2, so Qtpie just got farmed as hell and ate through CLG's tankiness. Warmog's Urgot = no mid-game damage. Not sure how CLG expected to have any presence at that point in the game.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Yeah...except Corki/Janna has ridiculous disengage and CLG didn't capitalize on their level 2, so Qtpie just got farmed as hell and ate through CLG's tankiness. Warmog's Urgot = no mid-game damage. Not sure how CLG expected to have any presence at that point in the game.
    I dunno. I guess they expected more CC and less Hotshot dying instantly.

I also want to point out that l0cust single-handely won that game with his Janna ults. I am again reminded why at one point I thought L0cust to be the best Support player in NA.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Euro teams being weird. Support Fiddlesticks, Jungle Alistar.

21. - Top - End - #261

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Euro teams being weird. Support Fiddlesticks, Jungle Alistar.
    Jungle Alistar is totally not weird and is very strong.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    This. Jungle Ali has been viable and a good pick since the alistair remake ages ago. Snoopeh manages to get Ali banned when he plays sometimes.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Not a common jungle slot, tho, at least not in most of the US teams AFAIK. I agree it's not a particularly bizarre pick, not like support Fiddlesticks. It's just unusual compared to all the Nocturne/Udyr/Lee Sin/Skarner/Plank jungles.

24. - Top - End - #264

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    I feel like, with all that flat armor pen, you should get Black Cleaver and buy some other boots or something, instead of LW. Or is BT+BC too much gold to invest? Can you get Wriggle's+BC instead of LW+BT and is it worth it?
    Situational; I generally get LW simply because you're often looking at enough Armor that it's still more efficient especially on frontliners (can't target your ulti too reliably and as a carry, you kinda need to eat through everyone). That and you're already going to cap out your ASpd so the ASpd on BC is kinda wasted. BC is more than fine if you're looking at a low armor team though.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    So I have been liking Fiora, What do you guys build?
    I have a friend who stacks Tiamats. Jump in, use your ult and against a full team who are huddled together you deal over 2000 damage base to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I like it though. It sounds like you're whispering a loving caress to the other lanes.
    'Stay safe' you murmur. 'Stay safe and we'll be together again soon. Stay safe while Annie looks for tibbers out of my sight...'
    :D
    I'm gonna play Janna in solo queue, build all the defensive auras and then every time I shield someone write "stay safe, <champion>"
    That's the origin; it comes from DoTA like most of the terminology. EU has started using it for "missing" though; preferred over MIA since it's shorter and well, that's just the way of the server.
    Hmmm, that's interesting, I was wondering if it was from DotA (last time I read about it opinion seemed to be divided). It's also more interesting that I found it more believable that they abbreviated a word by taking a pair of letters from the middle than actually using an initialism.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

In before the new meta
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

27. - Top - End - #267

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    In before the new meta
    See, I always thought that Jungle Alistar was kinda already a thing.

28. - Top - End - #268

See, I always thought that Jungle Alistar was kinda already a thing.
    It's been a thing ever since Snoopeh began jungling for SK way back when.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

It's been a thing ever since Snoopeh began jungling for SK way back when.
    Its been... a thing since Gamed.DE used it in Dreamhack. Everyone just forgot that it was good.

30. - Top - End - #270

So...Barons are strong, eh?