New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Game?! Ooh, if ever there was a word hard-coded into any self-respecting foal's head, it was that glorious word. Garion hopped up and down excitedly. "Ooh! Ooh! Me! Pick me! I want to play!" He had no idea what they were going to play, but games were good, and play was good, and that added up to double-good in his books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"We'll fix that,"
    She forced a awkward looking smile, good job Gwynfillion, that's the way to take care of a foal, ya sit..err lay plop down on them, give 'em a nice squish.

She looked at Grills raising a brow. "Me? board games?" She glanced around. "No."
    "A deck of cards? Some dice? A small ball and a trio of cups." asked the stallion. He didn't know of much more to do with a foal. Especially one he couldn't go outside and play with. Grills rubbed his head hoping Gwynfillion would throw him a bone here.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "A deck of cards? Some dice? A small ball and a trio of cups." asked the stallion. He didn't know of much more to do with a foal. Especially one he couldn't go outside and play with. Grills rubbed his head hoping Gwynfillion would throw him a bone here.

"I do have a deck cards, I can't tell you how solitaire got boring fast,"
    She opened a drawer in the kitchen filled with utility items and levitated out a deck of cards, looked mostly untouched though the deck was printed a long time ago.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    While Purple and Foxglove finish deciding on things, Snickers turns his attention towards something else. Specifically, a bird flying overhead, which appeared just a moment or two ago, and has since been circling. Squinting up at it, he's able to tell that it appears to be a pigeon of some sort, with... a tiny backpack?

A few seconds later, the pigeon suddenly dives down, heading directly for Snickers. At the last second, it flaps its wings to slow its descent and flutters to a stop, before landing right on Snicker's nose. "Um, hi..." Snickers says to the large bird perched on his face.

The pigeon does not say anything. Rather, it turns its head and reaches into its backpack with its beak, and pulls out a letter. It places the letter on top of Snicker's head, and then flies off like nothing happened.

"Um... thanks?" the confused pegasus calls out after the bird. "Hm, wonder what it s-" Snickers begins to say as he picks the letter up. However, his voice cuts out and his eyes go wide when he sees who its from. "Uh oh..." he squeeks. "What does Uncle Flapjack want?"
    Foxglove watched the bird with interest, and followed after it with quick movements of her eyes.

"...I was hoping to try out a bird-friendly tea...Well, maybe some teacups, too..."

It wasn't as if she actually knew which of her cups coul be used by birds: most of her cutlery was new. The only of it that was old... Was enough for a single pony, with a set of spares for when she forgot to wash. The rest, enough for a small amount of company...Was less than a month old.

And, of course, was not yet tested for carrier pigeon.

Then she turned her eyes and noticed Snicker's face. She studied it for a while, cocking her head like a pigeon. After a bit, she actually looked worried.

"What did the bird write? The penmenshap is probably pigeon-scratch, but...Is it summons from the cult of the cookie, where you learned to bake dark confections for a price -- a deadly price now come to call, and all of you've gained from baking is foreit to their whims?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Worse..." Snickers whimpers. He turns his head to look at Foxglove; his eyes show true fear. "My Uncle Flapjack is coming to visit."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I do have a deck cards, I can't tell you how solitaire got boring fast,"
    She opened a drawer in the kitchen filled with utility items and levitated out a deck of cards, looked mostly untouched though the deck was printed a long time ago.
    Grills took the cards with some magic. He shuffles them and starts deals. "Let's Play Manure. It's a simple game. First...."

The stallions explains the rules and the trio play for who knows how long unless Amish or Benson interrupt the game in the middle. Otherwise they play until bedtime.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Grills took the cards with some magic. He shuffles them and starts deals. "Let's Play Manure. It's a simple game. First...."

The stallions explains the rules and the trio play for who knows how long unless Amish or Benson interrupt the game in the middle. Otherwise they play until bedtime.
    And so, after hours and hours of hilarious card shenanigans, which Garion does moderately well at, it was approaching the Bed Time. As Mister Grills shuffled the cards for the next game, little Garion gave a big yawn and rubbed his sleepy eyes.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh...looks like we got a little sleepy head here,"
    She wanly smiled putting her cards down on the table. "Whelp, it is getting late, we should probably all get to bed."

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

She wanly smiled putting her cards down on the table. "Whelp, it is getting late, we should probably all get to bed."
    "Yes. Lets quit while you two are ahead and beat me further." Grills put down down his large stack of cards. He got caught fibbing about having 5s. A sprinkle of magic grabbed up the game as he stretched and waited for Gwynfillion to usher Garion to bed.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Garion squinted at the clock in the kitchen, rather than look at whichever one was in the room. "Oh, so that's Bed Time..." He slowly nodded knowingly, each raise of the head seemed to be a struggle to not just fall asleep on the spot.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion gave another wan smile at Grills as she then looked at the sleepy foal. She floated him unto her back and took Garion upstairs to the bedroom. She laid him on the bed and tucked him. "We'll be up shortly Garion, you, you go to sleep." She return to Grills downstairs shortly, well after Amish has Garion say something if it comes to that.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion gave another wan smile at Grills as she then looked at the sleepy foal. She floated him unto her back and took Garion upstairs to the bedroom.
    Garion sleepy-nuzzled her soft, warm coat.

She laid him on the bed and tucked him. "We'll be up shortly Garion, you, you go to sleep." She return to Grills downstairs shortly, well after Amish has Garion say something if it comes to that.
    The foal was already half-asleep as she tucked him in. "Don't...don't sit on me...this time...Miss Gwyn..." Warm blankets, soft pillows, this beat couches and patches of grass by a mile. Garion snuggled up tightly under the covers, giving her hoof a little nuzzle as it came close.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion sleepy-nuzzled her soft, warm coat.

The foal was already half-asleep as she tucked him in. "Don't...don't sit on me...this time...Miss Gwyn..." Warm blankets, soft pillows, this beat couches and patches of grass by a mile. Garion snuggled up tightly under the covers, giving her hoof a little nuzzle as it came close.
    She flushed from embarrassment about the 'don't sit on me' comment and glanced away withdrawing her hoof. "I..Uh, good night Garion." She gave him a little nuzzle on the head and then walked down stairs to Grills.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

She flushed from embarrassment about the 'don't sit on me' comment and glanced away withdrawing her hoof. "I..Uh, good night Garion." She gave him a little nuzzle on the head and then walked down stairs to Grills.
    Garion smiled contentedly, quickly drifting off to dreamland. "Good night...Miss Gwyn..."

/endponyday

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills was laying on the couch when Gwynfillion came down the stairs. His eyes were gazing up at the ceiling when she appeared. "He's asleep? Because that was getting weird. Well, not weird.. more like...just... surprising."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-04-25 at 12:43 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Grills was laying on the couch when Gwynfillion came down the stairs. His eyes were gazing up at the ceiling when she appeared. "He's asleep? Because that was getting weird. Well, not weird.. more like...just... surprising."

"I know...it starting to feel like I'm playing house to be honest,'
    She walked over and nuzzled him closing her eyes. "You don't think this is a mistake right?"

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I know...it starting to feel like I'm playing house to be honest,'
    She walked over and nuzzled him closing her eyes. "You don't think this is a mistake right?"
    "No. I don't think so. And don't think.." Grills yawned loudly into his hoof."...we have a choice. Garion is yo.. our responsibility now."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

"No. I don't think so. And don't think.." Grills yawned loudly into his hoof."...we have a choice. Garion is yo.. our responsibility now."

"Yea...ours.."
    She didn't feel so spiffy about making Grills responsible for the foal as well through affiliation. "Thank you again Grills for all your help." She took a deep breath and exhaled sharply.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Yea...ours.."
    She didn't feel so spiffy about making Grills responsible for the foal as well through affiliation. "Thank you again Grills for all your help." She took a deep breath and exhaled sharply.
    "Don't worry about it. It'll take more than one surprise foal to scare me off. Another maybe. Hehe." He chuckled and scratched his stomach. Abandoning her or even being distant would have been a rift causing offense for sure. "I'm not sleeping up there though."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't worry about it. It'll take more than one surprise foal to scare me off. Another maybe. Hehe." He chuckled and scratched his stomach. Abandoning her or even being distant would have been a rift causing offense for sure. "I'm not sleeping up there though."

"Its understandable, you know where the blankets are if you need more, well, good night Grills,"
    She kissed him good night, lingering for a moment. The atmosphere had a somber feeling to it. "I love you." She whispered before turning away to go upstairs.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Its understandable, you know where the blankets are if you need more, well, good night Grills,"
    She kissed him good night, lingering for a moment. The atmosphere had a somber feeling to it. "I love you." She whispered before turning away to go upstairs.
    Grills left the kiss distract him from the dull weirdness of today's events. It was too much for one pony. Too much. But the stallion refused to let angling see. "I love you too. Night sugarplum." he said before rolling over for a nap illness the couch. He wouldn't be asleep for hours though.

/endday
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-04-25 at 07:05 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion went back upstairs with a small quiet sigh. She laid on the other side of her bed facing away from the sleeping foal on her side. She laid there for a moment trying to put together her day, all that happened, all her problems. Sleep eventually did claim her.

/end pony day

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

"Worse..." Snickers whimpers. He turns his head to look at Foxglove; his eyes show true fear. "My Uncle Flapjack is coming to visit."
    "...Is he out to conquer the planet... or turn us all into vases ... or steal your recipe for jelly hoofprint cookies?"

Foxglove asked, trying to figure out what was so scary about Uncle Flapjack. The way she presented those choices, she apparently thought they were of equal horror level to Snickers, or maybe even that the last one was the scariest.
    There was, on the subject of family, one other option... But hadn't it been determined a long time ago that that didn't happen? It was all just... a bad dream. Her imagination. So she shouldn't bring it up.

"What is it?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers sighs deeply. "No, nothing dramatic like that. Me and Uncle Flapjack... We don't exactly see eye-to-eye."

Another sigh. "He's a very... interesting pony. He's from up in the mountains, and he's very rugged and old fashioned. He doesn't approve of my baking choices... or my choices in general..." he grumbles.

"Yer makin' them durn fancy cupcakes again?" Snickers suddenly belts out in a stereotypical hillbilly accent, obviously trying to imitate Uncle Flapjack. "Dadburnit boy, I dun told ye that bakin' fancy little doodads like that is a waste o' time! Ye need to work on the importan' things, like biscuits and flapjacks! Real baking, boy!"

Another sigh, before a smirk. "Of course, that's not all he complained about. Just what he complained about the most. He always thought I was too weak, didn't have enough friends, spent too much time with my head in a cookbook instead of getting out in the wilds, that I needed a fillyfriend, that my mane was too well-kept, that my pancakes were bad..." he rattles off a list of his Uncle's complaints, idly tilting his head from side to side.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

"...Who knew there was such a competitive world of country vs. city baking...I wonder if there's rivalries between country and city gardeners, or country and city potato-peelers...or..."

She tilted her head, trying to imagine all the things that there could be fierce rural vs urban debates over.

"But I'm not sure how many churners you could reasonably fit in an urban space...."

She shook her head, scolding herself, and returned to the topic at hand. Snickers. Family. Chaos.

"...Is there something I can do? When's he coming?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-04-26 at 09:00 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers shrugs and sighs. "I don't know if there's anything anypony can do. He'll be here in about a week. I'm not sure how long he'll be staying. But I'm sure the whole time, he'll be belittling me and complaining about everything I've done wrong. He wants to see how I've been doing, and if I've improved..." he grumbles.

A lightbulb then clicks on in his head.

Snickers looks back over to Foxglove and Silvermane with a very mischievous grin. "Saaaay, how would y'all like to help me try some new pancake recipes?"

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

"Ooh, could we make coffee cinnamon-pepper chocolate chip pancakes?"

Foxglove beat out the idea in an instant, as if she had been pondering it for a while. Then another thought was recovered from the sea of her mind.

"Oh, but...He'd be mad if you did something 'fancy,' right?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Snickers shrugs and sighs. "I don't know if there's anything anypony can do. He'll be here in about a week. I'm not sure how long he'll be staying. But I'm sure the whole time, he'll be belittling me and complaining about everything I've done wrong. He wants to see how I've been doing, and if I've improved..." he grumbles.

A lightbulb then clicks on in his head.

Snickers looks back over to Foxglove and Silvermane with a very mischievous grin. "Saaaay, how would y'all like to help me try some new pancake recipes?"
    Silvermane squeaked at the mischievous smile on Snicker's face. "Um, okay," she said.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Ooh, could we make coffee cinnamon-pepper chocolate chip pancakes?"

Foxglove beat out the idea in an instant, as if she had been pondering it for a while. Then another thought was recovered from the sea of her mind.

"Oh, but...He'd be mad if you did something 'fancy,' right?"
    "Quite right," Snickers laments. "I'm afraid you'll be eating standard pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, and flapjacks. I'll also be trying various techniques, as well as different types of pan. He prefers a cast-iron skillet... I need to dig mine out of the pantry..." he grumbles.

"Now," he grins to Foxglove and Silvermane, "Lets go have fun with pancakes, shall we?"

[End Pony Day, I suppose.]

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gwynfillion's tower

Although there is no adult home, there is a knock on the tower... wall since there is no door.

"Hello? Anypony there? Delivery."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion's tower

Although there is no adult home, there is a knock on the tower... wall since there is no door.

"Hello? Anypony there? Delivery."
    [Garion - A Critical Lapse in Education]

A few minutes later, a foal poked his sleepy head out of the tower window and gave a little wave to the delivery pony. "Hello! I'm here. Who're you?"