New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    "Its strawberry..." Snickers mutters weakly. "And thank you for the prognosis, Foxglove. That would be quite an ironic fate for me..." he smirks, slowly staggering up to his hooves.

Shakily regaining his balance, he sighs. "Well, glad that's over with. I had no choice but to banish it, and send it somewhere where I knew it wouldn't cause anypony trouble... Keyword, though, is anypony."
    "You didn't just banish it to my pond or chicken coop, right?"

Foxglove asked, reading something different to the anypony comment than was intended. At Purple's ramblings, Foxglove ducked her head a little nervously, since it was so fast-paced. It was time for full shy activation mode.

"...W-we don't need more crying Silvermanes..."

She muttered.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Wrymple seeing Garion pet Sugar, rolled on its back too expecting to be pet too, but everypony seemed preoccupied with the food at the table, so it sulkily waddled away up the stairs.

Meanwhile, Gwynfillion busied herself with trying to serve Garion first, she cursed as she almost dropped the plate of grits she had held in her hooves. She quickly glanced at Garion. "Don't ever repeat that word." She then caught her reflection on the big stainless steel spoon. She winced. "Be right back." She got up and cantered up the stairs. She had near forgotten her 'hideousness' that was her makeup stained face at the time.
    Garion scratched his head. He'd never heard that word before. But apparently he wasn't supposed to say it. But Miss Gwyn was? Maybe it was because it was her special word, and she'd be sad if somepony else started using it. Yeah, that made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills softly chuckled as he watched his fillyfriend fanctically dart up the stairs. "Sugarplum, put on something..." He suddenly remembered the colt in the room before finishing his joke. "..red... I ummm... like... red."

"Garion, do you want butter, cheese, or veggie gravy on your grits?" He warmly smiled at the colt. The three items floated up to Garion.
    Garion gave a tentative sniff in each item's direction. Both the butter and cheese had no distinct scent. The gravy on the other hoof... "I-I think I'll try the veggie gravy."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Purple

"Well how about a dance party? At my club? Everypony can dance which whoever or in groups and no one can get jealous." Purple remembers the sad face of that blue pony when Fox Trot and some white filly danced at the Grill Grand Opening dinner.

But she needed an excuse to open the nightclub she browbeaten her family into constructing underground.

Grills

Grills let the thick brown liquid drizzle on top of the fluffy grits on the plate. The savory taste of the gravy was fully captured in the scent. The chef also floated a biscuit into the side of the grits for a scooping utensil. "Come on. Eat up so you can grow up to be a big pony like me."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"An icing cake would be a cake made entirely of icing, yes. But then its not really much of a cake at that point. Rather, its more a sculpture..." Snickers muses.

He then looks at Foxglove, and smiles warmly. "Relax, your fish and chickens are fine." He then pauses. "It is just fish in the pond, right?"

"Eh, I think I've had enough dancing for now..." he smirks at Purple.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Grills

Grills let the thick brown liquid drizzle on top of the fluffy grits on the plate. The savory taste of the gravy was fully captured in the scent. The chef also floated a biscuit into the side of the grits for a scooping utensil. "Come on. Eat up so you can grow up to be a big pony like me."
    Garion scooped up a pile of grits 'n gravy on the biscuit. It certainly smelled good, but looking at it? A white mush with lumpy brown mush on some bread? He held it at hooves length, looking at it critically, turning it about, maybe seeing if he could nibble at the un-dipped side, when his stomach let out another cacophony of gurgles. Well, when his options were "starve" or "questionable noms that at least smell good", he could give #2 a shot. He nibbled at the food...and it wasn't half bad. And that was more than enough for his stomach. He started scarfing down more grits and gravy like he'd just survived a famine.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Ze Tower of the Plum One

Ze plum one returned after taking a long while, it was harder, for her, cleaning up earth pony style, she'd never think less of the prestidigitation spell again. But anyhow, now she felt more comfortable, being back in her more desired appearance.

She descended from the stairs watching the pair for a moment, it was a little weird seeing Grills appear rather fatherly. She continued on and sat down at the seat she was at earlier.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion scooped up a pile of grits 'n gravy on the biscuit. It certainly smelled good, but looking at it? A white mush with lumpy brown mush on some bread? He held it at hooves length, looking at it critically, turning it about, maybe seeing if he could nibble at the un-dipped side, when his stomach let out another cacophony of gurgles. Well, when his options were "starve" or "questionable noms that at least smell good", he could give #2 a shot. He nibbled at the food...and it wasn't half bad. And that was more than enough for his stomach. He started scarfing down more grits and gravy like he'd just survived a famine.
    "I am glad that you appreciate my cooking but if you eat that fast you'll never get the flavor " Grills smirked and shook his head playfully."Besides a proper gentlecolt dines with dignity. You simply stay at the table until you had your fill."

Ze Tower of the Plum One

Ze plum one returned after taking a long while, it was harder, for her, cleaning up earth pony style, she'd never think less of the prestidigitation spell again. But anyhow, now she felt more comfortable, being back in her more desired appearance.

She descended from the stairs watching the pair for a moment, it was a little weird seeing Grills appear rather fatherly. She continued on and sat down at the seat she was at earlier.
    "Why hello there, beautiful. Come here often?" Grills jested toward Gwynfillion and accented the joke with a wink.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"I am glad that you appreciate my cooking but if you eat that fast you'll never get the flavor " Grills smirked and shook his head playfully."Besides a proper gentlecolt dines with dignity. You simply stay at the table until you had your fill."
    Little Garion stopped a hair short of plunging his whole muzzle into the bowl. "Dig-nii-ty? What's that?" Was there...was there a right and wrong way to eat things? Not just for filling your stomach?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

(expecting a post from Hover, Orzel, I believes)

She smiled at Grills and cheese. "Only if there's a good gentlestallion to tickle my fancy." She said forgetting for a second that Garion was here. She then looked down at the foal colt when he spoke.

"He means to eat with manners and not like one who is not civilized,"
    She said doing her own best to eat with manners without the aid of her magic.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Little Garion stopped a hair short of plunging his whole muzzle into the bowl. "Dig-nii-ty? What's that?" Was there...was there a right and wrong way to eat things? Not just for filling your stomach?
    "Conduct that represents a feeling of self respect." stated the chef. He knew Garion might not understand. Grills pondered for a second for an easier explanation.

(expecting a post from Hover, Orzel, I believes)

She smiled at Grills and cheese. "Only if there's a good gentlestallion to tickle my fancy." She said forgetting for a second that Garion was here. She then looked down at the foal colt when he spoke.

"He means to eat with manners and not like one who is not civilized,"
    She said doing her own best to eat with manners without the aid of her magic.
    "Yes. A gentlecolt does not put his whole snout in his food. A gentlecolt must eat a moderate place. That is how you keep the attention of the other ponies and are adored by them." Grills winked Gwynfillion's way. He hoped to teach the foal his style of dignified class. The memory that this was one Simmer slipped away from his mind.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

"He means to eat with manners and not like one who is not civilized," She said doing her own best to eat with manners without the aid of her magic.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]"Yes. A gentlecolt does not put his whole snout in his food. A gentlecolt must eat a moderate place. That is how you keep the attention of the other ponies and are adored by them." Grills winked Gwynfillion's way. He hoped to teach the foal his style of dignified class. The memory that this was one Simmer slipped away from his mind.
    Garion put the bowl down sheepishly and wiped the grits from his muzzle with a foreleg, disregarding the napkin in front of him. "Sorry Miss Gwyn. I'll try using manners and dig-nii-ty." He watched how Miss Gwyn ate her food, and imitated as best he could. Sitting up straight, taking exaggerated, dainty bites, and trying to look disinterested in everything. As for pace, Garion kept an eye on Grills, only taking a bite when the stallion did. What food he had left was barely touched, he ate so slow. It was maddening.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Garion put the bowl down sheepishly and wiped the grits from his muzzle with a foreleg, disregarding the napkin in front of him. "Sorry Miss Gwyn. I'll try using manners and dig-nii-ty." He watched how Miss Gwyn ate her food, and imitated as best he could. Sitting up straight, taking exaggerated, dainty bites, and trying to look disinterested in everything. As for pace, Garion kept an eye on Grills, only taking a bite when the stallion did. What food he had left was barely touched, he ate so slow. It was maddening.

"See much, better, but take more advantage of your napkin rather than your foreleg,"
    She said with a napkin draped over her hoof as she dabbed her muzzle with it.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills was driven to insanity a bit. He wanted his food to be eaten and enjoy. "Hehe. Harmon, unlike a filly or mare, a stallion may take larger bites. Carefully take a good sized scoop of your food with the very tip of your hoof." The high class stallion's demonstrated with a scoop of his own. Eating with his hooves was strange but he was well practiced. "The carefully balance your food in hoof and put it in mouth. Gentleponies drop their lower jaw rather than lifting their heads."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

This poor buck, there was no way he wasn't going to grow up without having had developed OCD.

Gwynfillion nodded approvingly at Grills words as she gingerly sipped her orange juice.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Grills was driven to insanity a bit. He wanted his food to be eaten and enjoy. "Hehe. Harmon, unlike a filly or mare, a stallion may take larger bites. Carefully take a good sized scoop of your food with the very tip of your hoof." The high class stallion's demonstrated with a scoop of his own. Eating with his hooves was strange but he was well practiced. "The carefully balance your food in hoof and put it in mouth. Gentleponies drop their lower jaw rather than lifting their heads."
    Garion copied Grill's movement, albeit much more clumsily and slowly. He managed to get a decent-sized scoop of grits without spilling too much of it back into the bowl. He raised it up, lowered his jaw...and nearly stuck his entire hoof in his mouth as he chomped down with relish. "Howsh thatsh?" the foal said around a mouthful.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Garion copied Grill's movement, albeit much more clumsily and slowly. He managed to get a decent-sized scoop of grits without spilling too much of it back into the bowl. He raised it up, lowered his jaw...and nearly stuck his entire hoof in his mouth as he chomped down with relish. "Howsh thatsh?" the foal said around a mouthful.
    "That is very good. With practiced you'll perfect it," Grills smiled at the little pony. Thank is the best he'll do for a first try.

"When you are done, you can go play with Sugar... my puppy."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, like that, but swallow your food before you talk,"
    Gwynfillion added as she watched the little foal. Still felt weird.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, like that, but swallow your food before you talk,"
    Gwynfillion added as she watched the little foal. Still felt weird.
    "Okath Mithh-opth!" He stopped mid-sentence and swallowed his grits. "Okay, Miss Gwyn. Sorry about that."

"That is very good. With practiced you'll perfect it," Grills smiled at the little pony. Thank is the best he'll do for a first try.

"When you are done, you can go play with Sugar... my puppy."
    Garion's face brightened, and thus began a titanic struggle to not wolf down the rest of his food. His hoof would slowly reach down, quivering, into the dish, scoop out a mouthful, and then disappear into his mouth like a flash. Soon enough, the foal triumphantly crossed his forelegs, muzzle lightly caked with grits, and a small portion left in the bowl, spread out to seem a bit smaller than it actually was. "There, all done!" he proudly announced.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    "An icing cake would be a cake made entirely of icing, yes. But then its not really much of a cake at that point. Rather, its more a sculpture..." Snickers muses.

He then looks at Foxglove, and smiles warmly. "Relax, your fish and chickens are fine." He then pauses. "It is just fish in the pond, right?"

"Eh, I think I've had enough dancing for now..." he smirks at Purple.
    "There's Shelly in there, too."

Foxglove explains, regaining some animation in the name of discussing Shelly, whose care was something Foxglove was generally pretty anxious about.

"...I came back here...for her. Shelly...Can't be a turtle anymore. The turtle-ness got broken. So I need to watch out for her."

Foxglove ducked her head when Purple brought up the dance party.

"...Ummm...I don't know if it'd be OK. There might be an OKness to dance parties or clubs, or a clubness or dance-partyness to OK, but...I don't know that sort of thing."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Okath Mithh-opth!" He stopped mid-sentence and swallowed his grits. "Okay, Miss Gwyn. Sorry about that."

Garion's face brightened, and thus began a titanic struggle to not wolf down the rest of his food. His hoof would slowly reach down, quivering, into the dish, scoop out a mouthful, and then disappear into his mouth like a flash. Soon enough, the foal triumphantly crossed his forelegs, muzzle lightly caked with grits, and a small portion left in the bowl, spread out to seem a bit smaller than it actually was. "There, all done!" he proudly announced.
    "Okay then. Excuse yourself and you may play with the puppy." Grills went back to eating with magic rather than his hooves. After a bit of his own, he floated one forkful over to Gwynfillion. "Sugar! Garion is ready to play."

The little dog comes into the room a-running and a-panting with her happy face. Not looking Gwyn's way still though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "There's Shelly in there, too."

Foxglove explains, regaining some animation in the name of discussing Shelly, whose care was something Foxglove was generally pretty anxious about.

"...I came back here...for her. Shelly...Can't be a turtle anymore. The turtle-ness got broken. So I need to watch out for her."

Foxglove ducked her head when Purple brought up the dance party.

"...Ummm...I don't know if it'd be OK. There might be an OKness to dance parties or clubs, or a clubness or dance-partyness to OK, but...I don't know that sort of thing."
    "Oh." Purple droops into a state of disappointment. She really wanted to party. Wait! there are a different kinds of parties.

"Foxglove, let's have a slumber party! Sorry, Snickerdoodle. Fillies only."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion lightly blushed but took the offered morsel anyway. "Thank you Grills." She said after swallowing. To note, she didn't care that the prissy pup ignored her. Though it annoyed her of the short term memory the pup had, considering their awkward...'bonding' time when Gwynfillion took her out for a walk in the rain when Grills was to incapacitated to do. But whatever, she wasn't about to get bent out of shape over an annoying puppy.

She looked at Garion with a neutral expression, she still didn't know what to really think of him, and probably wouldn't for a while. At the moment, she felt more like she was playing house and going through the motions.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay then. Excuse yourself and you may play with the puppy." Grills went back to eating with magic rather than his hooves. After a bit of his own, he floated one forkful over to Gwynfillion. "Sugar! Garion is ready to play."

The little dog comes into the room a-running and a-panting with her happy face. Not looking Gwyn's way still though.
    Garion scampered off his chair and galloped for Sugar. With little idea of what Sugar wanted to play, he just ran around in circles around the dog, waiting for it to make the first move.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gwynfillion lightly blushed but took the offered morsel anyway. "Thank you Grills." She said after swallowing. To note, she didn't care that the prissy pup ignored her. Though it annoyed her of the short term memory the pup had, considering their awkward...'bonding' time when Gwynfillion took her out for a walk in the rain when Grills was to incapacitated to do. But whatever, she wasn't about to get bent out of shape over an annoying puppy.

She looked at Garion with a neutral expression, she still didn't know what to really think of him, and probably wouldn't for a while. At the moment, she felt more like she was playing house and going through the motions.
    Oh Sugar did bond with Gwynfillion. The pup knew that the plum pony really cared for her daddy. But the pony was still behind her in rank. And playing with Garion was just a way to show here dominance under Grills....

Garion scampered off his chair and galloped for Sugar. With little idea of what Sugar wanted to play, he just ran around in circles around the dog, waiting for it to make the first move.
    .. by playing fetch. The puppy ran off. Sugar snatched up a wooden spoon and dropped it at Garion's hooves. "Arf Arf" she barked.

Grills broke off his not so secret nuzzling of Gwynfillion after he got up out his seat and walked up to his "sugarplum". "She wants to play fetch. Throw the spoon and she will bring it back. Don't throw it hard though. Gwynfillion will be mad if you break something important."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion closed her eyes, accepting his nuzzle as she put her hoof on his. "Also, be careful about the window, you don't want to accidentally throw it into it, it has a wide window of opportunity to have items tossed threw it, pardon the lame pun." She wanly smiled at the last part.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Shelly? A turtle, I assume? What's the story on her?" Snickers asks with a kind smile, his tone one of genuine curiosity.

When Snickers is told he can't come to the filly-only party, he opens his mouth to say something. He then shuts it, having decided he should probably not saying anything on the matter. It would just be odd.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh." Purple droops into a state of disappointment. She really wanted to party. Wait! there are a different kinds of parties.

"Foxglove, let's have a slumber party! Sorry, Snickerdoodle. Fillies only."
    This offer... She considered somewhat differently than the last two.

"...It needs to be somewhere, right? Parties can't be nowhere...Unless they invent a nowhere party you go to go nowhere..."

Having not said no, she possibly meant yes. Even if Purple was sort of a stranger, she was a nice stranger. She had helped with the dancing. So that meant it would be OK, right? Yes. A sleepover would be more like Silvermane's birthday, which she had really enjoyed.

On the subject of Shelly, Foxglove shook her head.

"If a turtle can't swim on its own, in open water, it can't be a turtle. The turtleness is in the cutting the water with blades, with pulling themselves to bask in rocks, with tearing open the ground to hide eggs... But she was a turtle, before whatever happened to her fin happened. She must miss it so much. It must be agony, being a turtle and then just being a thing who can't live as a turtle... Different from never having been..."

Foxglove said it a little sadly, apparently balancing the two moods of the conversation. There were things she used to define how a turtle existed in a turtle's world, the same way there were things she used to define how a pony existed in a pony's world. Once one became completely removed from the other, it was almost impossible for the thing to become what it once was again. That was the way she saw it.

"She lost her fin in some sort of accident... M-maybe magic stronger than mine could heal her... All I could do was make the stump stop being a wound, but I couldn't fix what had been taken. She's sort of a spiral creature now."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

.. by playing fetch. The puppy ran off. Sugar snatched up a wooden spoon and dropped it at Garion's hooves. "Arf Arf" she barked.

Grills broke off his not so secret nuzzling of Gwynfillion after he got up out his seat and walked up to his "sugarplum". "She wants to play fetch. Throw the spoon and she will bring it back. Don't throw it hard though. Gwynfillion will be mad if you break something important."
    Gwynfillion closed her eyes, accepting his nuzzle as she put her hoof on his. "Also, be careful about the window, you don't want to accidentally throw it into it, it has a wide window of opportunity to have items tossed threw it, pardon the lame pun." She wanly smiled at the last part.
    Garion thought the rules of fetch were pretty simple, at least compared to eating fancy. So long as he didn't chuck it out the window, or into anything, he was fine. The middle of the room seemed like a good choice. He hurled the spoon towards its target and...it fell hopelessly short. He just hoped Sugar didn't mind.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sugar

The pup did not mind Garion's wimpy toss. The fun was not in the distance, it was in the movement at all. Sugar ran up to the spoon and happily brought it back to Garion's hooves each time he'd throw it.

Purple

Shelly's story drops the sides of Purple's mouth. She understood not belonging comepetely. The feeling of something missing. "Aaaw... maybe Shelly can come to the slumber party too. Turtle-ike turtles and Pony-like ponies both sleep. We can still have it at the nightclub. I could invite my friends and you can invite your friends. And we can bake a cake."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers smiles softly. "You're a very nice pony, Foxglove..." he observes kindly.

He then looks back at Purple, his eyes lighting up at the mentioning of cake. He opens his mouth to say something, then shuts it, once again thinking better of it.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Sugar

The pup did not mind Garion's wimpy toss. The fun was not in the distance, it was in the movement at all. Sugar ran up to the spoon and happily brought it back to Garion's hooves each time he'd throw it.
    Garion quickly got into the game, and his throwing leg slowly, but surely, got better. Not enough to risk hitting anything on the far wall, but he was creeping closer. He'd punctuate throws with belly rubs, and occasionally run around with the spoon to let Sugar chase him. All in all, having a grand old romp, and little Garion was loving every minute of it. The older ponies would get some time to themselves while the foal and puppy fetched, tussled, chased, and generally enjoyed themselves.