New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

Gwynfillion wanly smiled at the antics before putting her attentions on Grills. She gently touched his chest frowning. "How long again until you will be fully healed?"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gwynfillion wanly smiled at the antics before putting her attentions on Grills. She gently touched his chest frowning. "How long again until you will be fully healed?"
    His eyes rolled up to the left in thought. "A week. No more than two. But it depends on how many smooches I get." Grills stuck out his tongue. He hoped levity would break Gwynfillion's frown. "Don't you trouble yourself. You'll worry the colt. Hehe.. colt.. never thought I'd see it."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion quickly got into the game, and his throwing leg slowly, but surely, got better. Not enough to risk hitting anything on the far wall, but he was creeping closer. He'd punctuate throws with belly rubs, and occasionally run around with the spoon to let Sugar chase him. All in all, having a grand old romp, and little Garion was loving every minute of it. The older ponies would get some time to themselves while the foal and puppy fetched, tussled, chased, and generally enjoyed themselves.
    Sugar appreciates the tosses. She loves the fact that Garion's tosses progresses in strength and speed, unlike Grills who half-flanks it after a few minutes. The puppy pants and plays to get her pets and rubs. But alas she is a pup and tires. A large cute yawn proceeds her snapping up the spoon to force Garion to chase, fighting sleep like a foal.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    His eyes rolled up to the left in thought. "A week. No more than two. But it depends on how many smooches I get." Grills stuck out his tongue. He hoped levity would break Gwynfillion's frown. "Don't you trouble yourself. You'll worry the colt. Hehe.. colt.. never thought I'd see it."

"Me neither,"
    She glanced at the colt playing a few yards away, lowering her hoof and placing it at her side. "Do you really think I could be a good caretaker? I don't think its quite the same as taking care of Wrymple.'

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Me neither,"
    She glanced at the colt playing a few yards away, lowering her hoof and placing it at her side. "Do you really think I could be a good caretaker? I don't think its quite the same as taking care of Wrymple.'

"You will be a great... caretaker... for the foal. You took care of me fine when I was hurt. And Wyrmple could not be easy." Grills patted the plum pony's shoulder. "It's me, I am worried about. Should I be attaching myself to Garion? I don't know how to be a good male role model."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

"You will be a great... caretaker... for the foal. You took care of me fine when I was hurt. And Wyrmple could not be easy." Grills patted the plum pony's shoulder. "It's me, I am worried about. Should I be attaching myself to Garion? I don't know how to be a good male role model."

"I think this is....going to be a venture for the both of us, one of those character growth sorts, but, thank you for sticking this through with me,"
    She nuzzled and kissed his cheek. "There, one smooch closer to recovery."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I think this is....going to be a venture for the both of us, one of those character growth sorts, but, thank you for sticking this through with me,"
    She nuzzled and kissed his cheek. "There, one smooch closer to recovery."
    "I can feel my ribs fusing back together as we speak." Grills looks back at the colt and puppy. The sight made him chuckle.. then groan from pain. The pills were wearing off.

He came to Bridle Shore planning to start over. Didn't want a fillyfriend but has one. Didn't want a full time kitchen staff but has that as well. His surprise dog thinks she is his daughter. So does his new fillyfirend's pet wurm. And now a colt looks up to him. Most loner ever. "Most stallions expect to be caring for their own sires. At least, I get to skip diapers" Grills smiled.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Sugar appreciates the tosses. She loves the fact that Garion's tosses progresses in strength and speed, unlike Grills who half-flanks it after a few minutes. The puppy pants and plays to get her pets and rubs. But alas she is a pup and tires. A large cute yawn proceeds her snapping up the spoon to force Garion to chase, fighting sleep like a foal.
    Garion chased after the puppy happily, purposefully letting the pup get ahead before gaining on it again. The feel of running, physical activity, it felt good for the foal. Like this was something he was supposed to be doing. That, and puppy-chasing is an inherent good in the world. With a final burst of speed, Garion tried to catch up to Sugar and grab the spoon.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Snickers smiles softly. "You're a very nice pony, Foxglove..." he observes kindly.

He then looks back at Purple, his eyes lighting up at the mentioning of cake. He opens his mouth to say something, then shuts it, once again thinking better of it.
    "Ummm...Would there be somewhere for her to swim, though? I-I could move her, with some work, but..."

She still hadn't said yes, but she actually seemed to be getting into the idea.

On the subject of the cake, though, her face went scarlet.

"...I...the last time I tried baking on my own.... It sort of ended up..."

It had sort of ended up a total disaster, and had contained a flaming sock at one point. Foxglove could cook...With supervision. She couldn't even make waffles without it.

"Maybe we should get Snickers to make us one?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

"I can feel my ribs fusing back together as we speak." Grills looks back at the colt and puppy. The sight made him chuckle.. then groan from pain. The pills were wearing off.

He came to Bridle Shore planning to start over. Didn't want a fillyfriend but has one. Didn't want a full time kitchen staff but has that as well. His surprise dog thinks she is his daughter. So does his new fillyfirend's pet wurm. And now a colt looks up to him. Most loner ever. "Most stallions expect to be caring for their own sires. At least, I get to skip diapers" Grills smiled.

"Do you ever expect to eventually sire a foal?"
    She asked a little curious, her eyes falling on Garion and watched him play.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sugar

The little black and brown puff of furn scampers off with the spoon in mouth. She develops some of her owner's overconfidence and runs fast while looking back at her chaser. The rookie mistake lets the spoon end hit the floor and she polevaults into the couch.

Purple
    "I think the general store has an inflatable pool big enough for Shelly and a few friends." Purple taps her chin in thought. The layout for the slumber party had to be perfect. The punchbowl table had to away from the sleeping area to avoid accidental spilling on a sleeping bag. The fake campfire needs space. And then there is the large game area.
    "An oven would never fit. An where can i get a plumber to run that many pipes in such short notice. Snickers, can you bake us a cake? You don't even have to bake a hole for somepony to jump out of it. No hallow spaces. All cake."

Grills

Grills jumped up then laughed Sugar flew through the air. "I uh... never put it in my plans. But I uh.. didn't think I uh... would never put myself in a situation where... it c-could h-happen." replied the chef nervously. His eyes turned away from Gwynfillion, wishing he never brought it up. He feared turning into his mother or his absent father. And he was scared of what Gwynfillion would think and how it might change their relationship.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Grills

Grills jumped up then laughed Sugar flew through the air. "I uh... never put it in my plans. But I uh.. didn't think I uh... would never put myself in a situation where... it c-could h-happen." replied the chef nervously. His eyes turned away from Gwynfillion, wishing he never brought it up. He feared turning into his mother or his absent father. And he was scared of what Gwynfillion would think and how it might change their relationship.
    She closed her eyes and softly chuckled. "You and I both my dear...the loner that I was never even expected to find love, let a lone a position where I would have children." She pursed her pony lips for a few seconds and shook her head.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers smirks. "Yes, I think I may be able to bake a cake. I have a little experience on the subject..."

He then looks over at Foxglove. "What happened last time you tried to make one? I can teach you how, if you want."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Sugar

The little black and brown puff of furn scampers off with the spoon in mouth. She develops some of her owner's overconfidence and runs fast while looking back at her chaser. The rookie mistake lets the spoon end hit the floor and she polevaults into the couch.
    Garion laughed triumphantly and leaped right after the puppy, landing face-first into the big, squishy couch. Unlike Sugar, however, he managed to hit the space between the cushions dead-on. Still thinking this was part of the game, he flailed his hooves about while he tried to get some purchase to pull his head out.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

She closed her eyes and softly chuckled. "You and I both my dear...the loner that I was never even expected to find love, let a lone a position where I would have children." She pursed her pony lips for a few seconds and shook her head.
    "Heh. I think ponies arr destined to be failures as loners." Grills snickers. "Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back in."

Garion laughed triumphantly and leaped right after the puppy, landing face-first into the big, squishy couch. Unlike Sugar, however, he managed to hit the space between the cushions dead-on. Still thinking this was part of the game, he flailed his hooves about while he tried to get some purchase to pull his head out.
    Sugar recovered from the flight quickly. The flailing hooves of Garion was just calling her. She forgot about the spoon and and pounced. The added weight pushed the foal into the couchy abyss.

"Okay you two. I don't think, Gwynfillion wants you playing on her couch." Grills focused and plucked both colt and puppy from the seat cushion. "Who wants to help me wash the dishes?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion watched the antics, it was a little alien to her, her own foalhood was not really one of foalish antics. She would have never had indulged in frivolous antics and play time in front of her parents, it was not encouraged. She briefly frowned thinking about it and shook her head to clear her mind.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Sugar recovered from the flight quickly. The flailing hooves of Garion was just calling her. She forgot about the spoon and and pounced. The added weight pushed the foal into the couchy abyss.
    Garion laughed and giggled and playfully tried to shove the big lump of dog off of him when...

"Okay you two. I don't think, Gwynfillion wants you playing on her couch." Grills focused and plucked both colt and puppy from the seat cushion. "Who wants to help me wash the dishes?"
    ...he found himself magically plucked out of the couch. He eep'd a bit at the new sensation, magic tingling and tickling all over him. He cocked his head at the older pony. "Wash the dishes? How do we do that?" The concept made sense, but for some reason, Garion couldn't quite remember ever seeing such a thing. Clean dishes just came from...wherever clean dishes came from.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-02 at 02:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Snickers smirks. "Yes, I think I may be able to bake a cake. I have a little experience on the subject..."

He then looks over at Foxglove. "What happened last time you tried to make one? I can teach you how, if you want."
    "...We don't talk about what happened to that town...It was sort of a 'splsh' and a 'wooh' and the sort of thing where the asteroid really does crash into the planet...And...Miss Purple would have really liked it, maybe. The Whole Town."

Was Foxglove's answer, delivered with a completely deadpan expression, only changing slightly when she went to retrieve a bit more from her memory.

"...But I think it'll be a fun party...Since that's like lightning and can't strike twice."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills

The stallion rubbed his head. How little this little pony knew. "We wash dishes by first scraping the leftovers into Wyrmple's bowl. Then we take them over to the sink and scrub the dishes gently with soap and how water. Finally you dry it with a... dry rag."

Normally Grills would use one of his restaurant spells to quickly wash and dry the dish. For the purpose of demonstration, he used only a bit of levitation to display the progression of cleanliness. It was don't manually and longer so Garion could see the steps. "Now you try."

Purple

Purple did feel like she would not only like it, but love it. The destruction would be glorious but Foxglove's deadpan revelationsmeant a repeat performance would be highly unlikely.

"So you, Foxglove, are going? Hooray. And you, Snickerdoodle will make the cake? Double Hooray!"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion and the Two Gs

She watched Grills and Garion, it kinda seemed he was more fit than her at this....whatever it exactly was, she probably wouldn't have had as much patience even if it wasn't Garion's fault at his lack of, well, how do to some things.

"I-if you want Garion...we can dry them together,"
    She said as that seemed like something she should say.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Grills

The stallion rubbed his head. How little this little pony knew. "We wash dishes by first scraping the leftovers into Wyrmple's bowl. Then we take them over to the sink and scrub the dishes gently with soap and hot water. Finally you dry it with a... dry rag."

Normally Grills would use one of his restaurant spells to quickly wash and dry the dish. For the purpose of demonstration, he used only a bit of levitation to display the progression of cleanliness. It was don't manually and longer so Garion could see the steps. "Now you try."
    Garion took one of the plates; a little big for a foal without magic, but he tried his best. "Okay, here goes..." He bonked the plate against Wyrmple's bowl, getting some of the scraps off. He reared up and plopped the dish into the hot, soapy water and began to scrub. Without the aid of magic, things moved rather slowly, and Garion was taking his sweet time to try and get the plate unnaturally spotless, but daggum it, he was trying.

Gwynfillion and the Two Gs

She watched Grills and Garion, it kinda seemed he was more fit than her at this....whatever it exactly was, she probably wouldn't have had as much patience even if it wasn't Garion's fault at his lack of, well, how do to some things.

"I-if you want Garion...we can dry them together,"
    She said as that seemed like something she should say.
    Garion nodded furiously. Drying the plates and holding onto them would've been tricky. But it still wasn't quite clean yet. "Just a minute, I'm almost done..." He kept scrubbing at the plate, intent on getting every last speck of grime off.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills with Gwyn and Gar

Grills mentally facehoofed. If this kept up and he let Garion continue to perfection, he'd be here all night. But Grills could not stand dirty dishes. "Ummm.. Garion. I think that dish is plenty clean. You are doing such a good job. How about this spoon? Can you get all the dried grits off?"

Perhaps a spoon would be easier. This was as bad as a cutie mark hunting foal passed by the restaurant. He gave Gwynfillion a weak look for help.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Grills cute look for help brought a small and short laugh from the plum mare. "Its' alright Garion, its more than clean enough, even cleaner than when I wash the dishes."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Grills cute look for help brought a small and short laugh from the plum mare. "Its' alright Garion, its more than clean enough, even cleaner than when I wash the dishes."
    Garion held the plate up; still not up to his imaginary standards of clean. He looked over at Gwyn, then back at the plate. "If you say so, Miss Gwyn." he said a little reluctantly. He carried the plate over in his mouth and offered it to her much like a puppy would offer a favorite toy.

Grills with Gwyn and Gar

Grills mentally facehoofed. If this kept up and he let Garion continue to perfection, he'd be here all night. But Grills could not stand dirty dishes. "Ummm.. Garion. I think that dish is plenty clean. You are doing such a good job. How about this spoon? Can you get all the dried grits off?"

Perhaps a spoon would be easier. This was as bad as a cutie mark hunting foal passed by the restaurant. He gave Gwynfillion a weak look for help.
    After hoofing the plate over, Garion grabbed the spoon...and immediately went to go try and scrape off the dried grits into Wyrmple's bowl. He tapped it once, nothing happened. Same with the second and third taps. He shook it vigorously over the bowl, trying to get the caked-on food to let go.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-02 at 07:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

After taking the plate from the foal, she gave it a quick second rinse and dried it. What a pain it was without magic. She then put it away.

"No, no...at that point, you'll have to moisten the grits on the spoon to get them loose enough to fall off, otherwise you risk breaking Wrymple's bowl."
    It wasn't a plastic bowl, bit a ceramic bowl, so ja.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills smiled back nervously.

Garion held the plate up; still not up to his imaginary standards of clean. He looked over at Gwyn, then back at the plate. "If you say so, Miss Gwyn." he said a little reluctantly. He carried the plate over in his mouth and offered it to her much like a puppy would offer a favorite toy.
    The chef softly cooed at the cute look of the little colt. It was so adorable. Maybe he.. no... no.. I'd be a terrible father figure he thought.

After hoofing the plate over, Garion grabbed the spoon...and immediately went to go try and scrape off the dried grits into Wyrmple's bowl. He tapped it once, nothing happened. Same with the second and third taps. He shook it vigorously over the bowl, trying to get the caked-on food to let go.
    Inside he was facedesking and squeed. Garion was pathetically naive. And it was so cute. He struggled to not squeak out loud. "Come over here. I think dripping it in hot water would loosen it."

Grill floated a ball of water about the size of Garion's head into the air. With fire breath, the the ball is heat to the boiling point. "Drip it in the ball of hot water."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Garion obligingly dipped the spoon into the ball of water, and gave it another shake. To his amazement, a good chunk of the dried grits plopped into the bowl. Another dip-shake, and it was nearly clean. He plunged it back in with gusto, only for a few drops of the boiling-hot water splash onto his muzzle. He dropped the spoon with a yelp of pain and held his smarting snout in his hooves.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

She wasn't sure why she reacted as quickly as she did, maybe it was because she was reminded of the time Wrymple had burned itself on accident with hot water when it was much smaller. But she quickly grabbed a new washcloth and ran it under cool water, dampening it up bit.

She quickly returned to the foal and scooped him up with a foreleg bringing him to her chest as she sat down on her haunches. She gently applied the cool clean washcloth on the foal where he burned himself. Comforting words seemed to evade her as all that would come out of her mouth was a warning of being careful.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-04-03 at 01:57 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Oh no. I'm sorry., Garion." Grills dropped all the plates he was sevretly controlling with magic. The some plates and utensils swayed left and right like feathers gently to the floor into neat piles. The others crashed down and broke.

Grills didn't care. A strange power pulled him toward the mare now cradling the colt. A glass of juice with a straw floated over to Garion. Legs wrapped around both Gwynfillion and Garion, he said
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

She wasn't sure why she reacted as quickly as she did, maybe it was because she was reminded of the time Wrymple had burned itself on accident with hot water when it was much smaller. But she quickly grabbed a new washcloth and ran it under cool water, dampening it up bit.

She quickly returned to the foal and scooped him up with a foreleg bringing him to her chest as she sat down on her haunches. She gently applied the cool clean washcloth on the foal where he burned himself. Comforting words seemed to evade her as all that would come out of her mouth was a warning of being careful.
    "Oh no. I'm sorry, Garion." Grills dropped all the plates he was secretly controlling with magic. The some plates and utensils swayed left and right like feathers gently to the floor into neat piles. The others crashed down and broke.

Grills didn't care. A strange power pulled him toward the mare now cradling the colt. A glass of juice with a straw floated over to Garion. Legs wrapped around both Gwynfillion and Garion, he said
    Garion couldn't quite follow what happened. One minute, his nose was on fire, the next, Miss Gwyn was holding him, taking care of him, and Mister Grills was comforting him and giving him juice. It...it felt nice. "The...the plates fell down..." he said, in a bit of a daze. He tried to look past his guardians to see what exactly had happened.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Garion couldn't quite follow what happened. One minute, his nose was on fire, the next, Miss Gwyn was holding him, taking care of him, and Mister Grills was comforting him and giving him juice. It...it felt nice. "The...the plates fell down..." he said, in a bit of a daze. He tried to look past his guardians to see what exactly had happened.
    Yea, she wasn't too thrilled about the plates falling and breaking, they weren't cheapie ones. But Wr-...err Garion needed her right now, or something, to make boo boos go away.

It took her a moment to feel Grills had taken her and this Garion into his legs, the image probably looked saccharine sweet.

"Its fine...dishes, are replacable,"
    She said cooling down his hot water burn. "Feeling better?"