New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "...We don't talk about what happened to that town...It was sort of a 'splsh' and a 'wooh' and the sort of thing where the asteroid really does crash into the planet...And...Miss Purple would have really liked it, maybe. The Whole Town."

Was Foxglove's answer, delivered with a completely deadpan expression, only changing slightly when she went to retrieve a bit more from her memory.

"...But I think it'll be a fun party...Since that's like lightning and can't strike twice."
    Snickers stares incredulously. "Wait, you did what to a whole town? What about asteroids?"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills

Grills wondered what sort of supernatural force swept him up and draped him around Gwynfillion and Garion. Especially one strong enough to break his concentration to let his dishwashing spell slip. The warm fuzziness was odd too. Not bad odd. But different odd. Sort of like the times Gwynfillion climbed to him when she was magic drained. But different.

"Don't worry. We can buy new plates. With animal faces on them. Maybe Wyrmple and Sugar shaped plates."

Purple

The pursed lips OOC the purple mare hints to her curiosity. But Foxglove seems apprehensive to revealing detail. Purple does not wish to force her new friend but she really wanted to know. "I too would like to hear the story... if you are up to it."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-04-03 at 12:18 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills wondered what sort of supernatural force swept him up and draped him around Gwynfillion and Garion. Especially one strong enough to break his concentration to let his dishwashing spell slip. The warm fuzziness was odd too. Not bad odd. But different odd. Sort of like the times Gwynfillion climbed to him when she was magic drained. But different.

"Don't worry. We can buy new plates. With animal faces on them. Maybe Wyrmple and Sugar shaped plates."
    That got a chuckle out of the foal. He briefly imagined an entire set of plates and bowls that when put together, they looked just like the two pets. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Yea, she wasn't too thrilled about the plates falling and breaking, they weren't cheapie ones. But Wr-...err Garion needed her right now, or something, to make boo boos go away.

It took her a moment to feel Grills had taken her and this Garion into his legs, the image probably looked saccharine sweet.

"Its fine...dishes, are replacable,"
    She said cooling down his hot water burn. "Feeling better?"
    Garion nodded and rubbed the moisture from his eyes. "A-a little." His muzzle still stung, but nowhere near as bad as before. The juice, the hugs, the cloth, the hugs, it all helped in more ways than one. Without warning, the little foal gently nuzzled his caretaker. "Thank you Miss Gwyn."

Saccharine sweet indeed.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    That got a chuckle out of the foal. He briefly imagined an entire set of plates and bowls that when put together, they looked just like the two pets. Fun!

Garion nodded and rubbed the moisture from his eyes. "A-a little." His muzzle still stung, but nowhere near as bad as before. The juice, the hugs, the cloth, the hugs, it all helped in more ways than one. Without warning, the little foal gently nuzzled his caretaker. "Thank you Miss Gwyn."

Saccharine sweet indeed.
    Diabeetus inducing.

Gwynfillion just dumbly nodded a she came to her senses on what just all happened. "It-..its....you're welcomed." She moved her hoof to pat the foal's head.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Diabeetus inducing.

Gwynfillion just dumbly nodded a she came to her senses on what just all happened. "It-..its....you're welcomed." She moved her hoof to pat the foal's head.
    Grills released the unexpected hug on the other two ponies . He needed an insulin shot. The stallion trotted over to the sink and restarted his dish based prestidigitation. "Don't worry. I'll finish cleaning up."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Diabeetus inducing.

Grills released the unexpected hug on the other two ponies . He needed an insulin shot. The stallion trotted over to the sink and restarted his dish based prestidigitation. "Don't worry. I'll finish cleaning up."
    When Grills went over to finish cleaning up, Garion scampered out of Gwyn's grasp. He trotted over to Wyrmple's bowl, picked up that troublesome wooden spoon, and plunked it in the sink with the rest of the dishes with a satisfied nod.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion-

"Thank you Grills,"
    She said softly as the stallion went over to wash the dishes. She watched the foal to his little thing, just watching, like observing. A foal born of magic, when ya think about it.

She got up and collected herself staring at the pair for a few seconds. "Alright...if anyone needs me, I'm going to be upstairs, working on my restoration potion, earth pony style isn't really my thing here, heh." She wanly smiled and went up stairs.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

When Grills went over to finish cleaning up, Garion scampered out of Gwyn's grasp. He trotted over to Wyrmple's bowl, picked up that troublesome wooden spoon, and plunked it in the sink with the rest of the dishes with a satisfied nod.
    "Good Garion. You could... Ummm..." Grills was lost. He didn't know what regular colts did. Run laps? Push logs? His beast of a mother... oh yes his mother. She was still ill and he had not visited yet.

Gwynfillion-

"Thank you Grills,"
    She said softly as the stallion went over to wash the dishes. She watched the foal to his little thing, just watching, like observing. A foal born of magic, when ya think about it.

She got up and collected herself staring at the pair for a few seconds. "Alright...if anyone needs me, I'm going to be upstairs, working on my restoration potion, earth pony style isn't really my thing here, heh." She wanly smiled and went up stairs.
    And he can't now. Lest he strand the other ponies in the tower. "You go do that, sugarplum. I'll watch Garion."

He was still a bit suspicious of Gwynfillion's work. Whatever she needed Simmer for was still out there.

Grills shook his head and reestablished a magical hold on the various whole unbroken dishes. They scrubbed and dried one by one in quick succession. The cleaning calmed him. An extremely naive, former abomination of a foal and a troubled magical fillyfriend. Just his chances.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

"Good Garion. You could... Ummm..." Grills was lost. He didn't know what regular colts did. Run laps? Push logs? His beast of a mother... oh yes his mother. She was still ill and he had not visited yet.

And he can't now. Lest he strand the other ponies in the tower. "You go do that, sugarplum. I'll watch Garion."

He was still a bit suspicious of Gwynfillion's work. Whatever she needed Simmer for was still out there.

Grills shook his head and reestablished a magical hold on the various whole unbroken dishes. They scrubbed and dried one by one in quick succession. The cleaning calmed him. An extremely naive, former abomination of a foal and a troubled magical fillyfriend. Just his chances.
    Garion, with nothing else to do, parked himself on the counter with the drying rag. He'd pluck up the odd dish, give it a thorough drying, and carefully place it down with the others. Grills easily outpaced him, but he kept helping all the same. Though, whenever he thought Grills looked away, little Garion would quickly test the washing water with his hoof, and then turn the cold faucet up a notch.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion sighed a bit as she reached her bedroom/laboratory/library/study, she felt mentally tired with all kind shat going on in her mind. Just continue to dig your hole deeper Gwynfillion, that's the spirit. She was greeted by Wrymple who had made itself comfortable on her bed. It cooed happy to her, she indulged it with a belly rub.

After contenting the purple wurm, she washed her hooves. Afterwards she went straight to her books to find the recipe for the magic restoration potion.

Wrymple itself had crawled downstairs and peeked on Garion, it glanced at Sugar, jealous of the pup who got the attention of the new pony, it pouted the way only a baby purple wurm could.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills washes his dishes with his minor magic. He gave his little colt copycat a tussle of the mane with his dry hoof. Between placing of the dry dishes, the restaurantuer gave Garion a look. "You are doing so well. "

He looked around for something for Garion to do. Sugar was too tired to play again. Gwynfillion was... her. And Teleporting back to town was out. "Wyrmple! Come here. Din-Din. Yummy leftovers." Perhaps the wurm could peel the colt away and burn off the fatherly feeling.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

All of Wrymple's angst seemed to disappear at the word of 'food' from papa. It excitedly came barreling down the stairs, into the kitchen and thumped its bottom half excitedly nommed away.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Grills washes his dishes with his minor magic. He gave his little colt copycat a tussle of the mane with his dry hoof. Between placing of the dry dishes, the restaurantuer gave Garion a look. "You are doing so well. "
    Garion just smiled and accepted the mane-tussling. But he couldn't rest yet. The colt still had a duty to do...

He looked around for something for Garion to do. Sugar was too tired to play again. Gwynfillion was... her. And Teleporting back to town was out. "Wyrmple! Come here. Din-Din. Yummy leftovers." Perhaps the wurm could peel the colt away and burn off the fatherly feeling.
    When the older pony looked away, Garion took his chance. He flipped off the hot water faucet, leaving just the cold one on. The sight of the big, scary wurm bounding into the kitchen distracted him enough that he didn't quite get his hoof off the faucet as quick as he would've liked.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-03 at 08:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Whenever it became convenient and wouldn't startle Gwyn, she'd get a message from Smoothie in the form of a large scroll. This probably happened late that night or tomorrow afternoon.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I accept that you and Soft don't get along for reasons I don't entirely understand, partially because of things that happened between you in the past, partially because she can be an immature, thoughtless mare who is occasionally unable to see what lies beyond the present. I also accept that you had reasons for releasing Simmer, even if I don't know exactly why on that either.

In return, I'd like you to accept that I am nothing like my sister.

I'm telling you this for two reasoms. Reason 1 is that I forgive you for any harm that came to me or my family as a result of this. Reason 2 is that, despite your relationship with my sister, I'd like to give being your friend a shot.

If this feeling is in any way not mutual, simply come see me at the library as soon as it becomes convenient and tell me. Even if you are a troll, I suspect a pony like you has more than enough class to simply tell a filly when her friendship isn't wanted.

If you don't want to give it a shot, just tell me. If nothing else, it'll save us both wasted time, and I won't get betrayed by somepony I trusted. Again.

If you would like to give it a shot, maybe we can discuss plans to hang out sometime.

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Smoothie.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

All of Wrymple's angst seemed to disappear at the word of 'food' from papa. It excitedly came barreling down the stairs, into the kitchen and thumped its bottom half excitedly nommed away.
    Grills struggled to hold in the laugh as he turned around to watch the chomping wurm.

Garion just smiled and accepted the mane-tussling. But he couldn't rest yet. The colt still had a duty to do...

When the older pony looked away, Garion took his chance. He flipped off the hot water faucet, leaving just the cold one on. The sight of the big, scary wurm bounding into the kitchen distracted him enough that he didn't quite get his hoof off the faucet as quick as he would've liked.
    When he turned back, he spotted the little hoof on the faucet handle. "Garion, why are you turning off the hot water? Something wrong, little stallion?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Purple

The pursed lips OOC the purple mare hints to her curiosity. But Foxglove seems apprehensive to revealing detail. Purple does not wish to force her new friend but she really wanted to know. "I too would like to hear the story... if you are up to it."
    "I told the story....That's all there is. There isn't anymore. Unless there was and I forgot it."

Apparently this was all the telling she could phrase.

"I'm not good at stories. But it didn't end up like a cake... So when I go to the party, we ought to get Snickers to do the --"

At this point, something comes barelling out of the woods, pouncing on the top of Foxglove's head. Despite having been seemingly balanced, she gets knocked completely over by it and sumersaults. The creature, a fox, sits on her head and makes angry yipping.

"...Oh, I see. Would that be OK, too? He's not a girl, but..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Grills struggled to hold in the laugh as he turned around to watch the chomping wurm.

When he turned back, he spotted the little hoof on the faucet handle. "Garion, why are you turning off the hot water? Something wrong, little stallion?"
    Garion froze, his hoof in the metaphorical cookie jar. He glanced over towards Wyrmple's bowl, then back to the wooden spoon, drying with the other dishes, and idly pawed at the burn splotches on his muzzle. "I didn't want the water to hurt you, Mr. Grills..." he said guiltily, hanging his head.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"I guess I'll have to make the cake before the party, since I can't actually attend..." Snickers smirks.

When Foxglove the Fox shows up, Snickers grins. "Hi there, Foxglove. Long time no see." He raises a hoof, hoping to pet the vulpine creature. Hopefully its not in too bad of a mood...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Purple

"Oh umm.. I guess the girls only rule has an exemption for pets, plants, and musical instruments." Purple says before rubbing his hoof with the other. The urge to pet the beaconing fox is hard to hold back.

Grills

The pony chef's right eye twitched for a second. Somepony was trying to help him again. But it was just a foal, he could hold back his immediate reaction to the percieved slight.
    "Don't worry, Garion. I am practical fireproof. The water from the tap wont burn me. But thanks for caring, little stallion. But you know who could use some attention...? Wyrmple is probably just itching to play with you."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Whenever it became convenient and wouldn't startle Gwyn, she'd get a message from Smoothie in the form of a large scroll. This probably happened late that night or tomorrow afternoon.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I accept that you and Soft don't get along for reasons I don't entirely understand, partially because of things that happened between you in the past, partially because she can be an immature, thoughtless mare who is occasionally unable to see what lies beyond the present. I also accept that you had reasons for releasing Simmer, even if I don't know exactly why on that either.

In return, I'd like you to accept that I am nothing like my sister.

I'm telling you this for two reasoms. Reason 1 is that I forgive you for any harm that came to me or my family as a result of this. Reason 2 is that, despite your relationship with my sister, I'd like to give being your friend a shot.

If this feeling is in any way not mutual, simply come see me at the library as soon as it becomes convenient and tell me. Even if you are a troll, I suspect a pony like you has more than enough class to simply tell a filly when her friendship isn't wanted.

If you don't want to give it a shot, just tell me. If nothing else, it'll save us both wasted time, and I won't get betrayed by somepony I trusted. Again.

If you would like to give it a shot, maybe we can discuss plans to hang out sometime.

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Smoothie.
    She was busy mixing magical chemicals and messing around with the bunsen burner and looking like she was doing some mad scientist shenanigans.

Any other time before the shenanigans from yesterday, she would have burned the letter without reading it after seeing it was from Soft or Smoothie. But this time, she read it, sat in silence staring at the school, and the put it in her desk. She thoughtfully sighed and returned back to potion making.
    ----------

Wrymple in the meanwhile, as Grills mentioned that it was probably itching to play with him, the purple wurm was contently nomming away at its food, cooing, baring teeth.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Grills

The pony chef's right eye twitched for a second. Somepony was trying to help him again. But it was just a foal, he could hold back his immediate reaction to the perceived slight.
    "Don't worry, Garion. I am practical fireproof. The water from the tap wont burn me. But thanks for caring, little stallion. But you know who could use some attention...? Wyrmple is probably just itching to play with you."
    Wrymple in the meanwhile, as Grills mentioned that it was probably itching to play with him, the purple wurm was contently nomming away at its food, cooing, baring teeth.
    The brief joy of not being punished quickly gave way to apprehension. Garion creeped up to the edge of the counter, just his snout peeking over the edge. There it was; the giant thing Miss Gwyn and Mister Grills called Wyrmple. All big and scaly and tooth-filled. None of those sounded like fun. He wondered if this actually was some form of punishment. "It looks like it's busy *gulp* eating. Maybe we shouldn't bother it..."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The brief joy of not being punished quickly gave way to apprehension. Garion creeped up to the edge of the counter, just his snout peeking over the edge. There it was; the giant thing Miss Gwyn and Mister Grills called Wyrmple. All big and scaly and tooth-filled. None of those sounded like fun. He wondered if this actually was some form of punishment. "It looks like it's busy *gulp* eating. Maybe we shouldn't bother it..."
    "Nonsense! Wyrmple loves to be bothered. Watch this."

Grills summoned himself a carrot from his saddlebag left behind the last night. With a levitating knife carved himself a monstrous beast. A small brad slice at the tip for a mouth. A long orange tail is slashed at the back. Olive eyes are pinned to the head. In moments, the chef would have carved his ferocious vegegator.

The flashbacks came instantly. The dark swamp water. The skinny twiggy trees. Grass and bush up to his nose and the cold stink air bushed against him. Madame Cheval's old crackily voice in the wind like a sick cat. It brought him shivers.

He tossed the carved carrot into the middle of the floor. "Wyrmple. Help! Save me from the vegegator!" called Grills is false cry.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Thump! Thump! Thump! Went its rear side as it crawled and wiggled itself and made noises as it went after the horrid vegegator.

It pounced it and gobbled it up making playful squishy cooing sounds.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Garion watched as Wyrmple messily devoured the evil vegegator. He couldn't help but imagine the poor little carrot as a poor little Garion, getting gobbled up whole by the big, nasty wyrm. He shuffled back on the counter uneasily. "I don't know, Mister Grills. It still looks hungry to me..."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Thump! Thump! Thump! Went its rear side as it crawled and wiggled itself and made noises as it went after the horrid vegegator.

It pounced it and gobbled it up making playful squishy cooing sounds.
    Garion watched as Wyrmple messily devoured the evil vegegator. He couldn't help but imagine the poor little carrot as a poor little Garion, getting gobbled up whole by the big, nasty wyrm. He shuffled back on the counter uneasily. "I don't know, Mister Grills. It still looks hungry to me..."
    "He. Not it. Wyrmple is a big softie. Not a mean guardwurm like others." Grills merrily trotted over to the the purple pets and tickled his underside. "Come give 'im a pet."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

"He. Not it. Wyrmple is a big softie. Not a mean guardwurm like others." Grills merrily trotted over to the the purple pets and tickled his underside. "Come give 'im a pet."
    Garion gulped. Seeing Mister Grills trot up and pet it with no worries (and no nipped hooves) bolstered his courage. He plopped down from the countertop and cautiously approached the wiggly Wyrmple. A little hoof slowly reached out next to Grills' and gave the purple belly a scratch.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Garion gulped. Seeing Mister Grills trot up and pet it with no worries (and no nipped hooves) bolstered his courage. He plopped down from the countertop and cautiously approached the wiggly Wyrmple. A little hoof slowly reached out next to Grills' and gave the purple belly a scratch.
    Thump thump!

More weird grossly cute noises sounded from its maw, its beady eyes playfully lit. It was essentially a puppy, sorta.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Thump thump!

More weird grossly cute noises sounded from its maw, its beady eyes playfully lit. It was essentially a puppy, sorta.
    ""Come closer. He doesn't bite anymore" said Grills as he petted. The stallion got up and strolled over to the stairs. He ascension was slow and rhythmic on the steps. "You just stay here and play. I am just going to check up on Miss Gwynfillion."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

""Come closer. He doesn't bite anymore" said Grills as he petted. The stallion got up and strolled over to the stairs. He ascension was slow and rhythmic on the steps. "You just stay here and play. I am just going to check up on Miss Gwynfillion."
    Garion moved to replace Grills, his own little hooves stroking the big wyrm's tummy. "O-okay, Mister Grills." Garion said, never once taking his eyes off of those jaws. For now, he'd just give belly rubs, still too afraid to try anything else.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Wrymple gladly accepted the tummy rubs, its squishy coos indicating it was happy for the attention.