New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [MLP FiM} Bridle Shores: The Great Wilds

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Wrymple was already going about, mouth to the ground as it sucked up macaroni pieces like a vacuum. The baby purple wurm needed no assistance in finding the macaroni, it was part of its nature.

Gwyfillion in the meanwhile was less pleased here with the scenario. "No, bad Sugar." She said sternly trying to take the box of macaroni and was left away from the pup.
    "Arf?" Sugar puts a paw to her chest insultedly. She understood "No, Bad Sugar." Chily and Yellow Pepper would say that often. Never from Daddy, she is an angel then.

The puppy lifted her head in a huff and ignored the dry pasta. It was flavorless and lacked texture. Sugar instead scampered over to Gwynfillion to play "good puppy." Anything to not get Gwynfillion to not tattle to Daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Foxglove the fox leaned into both their pettings, though he seemed a little suspicious of Snickers. Purple, however, he had no objection to, since she was someone Foxglove the pony had just met.

Foxglove the pony merely nodded.

"...Yes. Our names both begin with 'Foxglove'... And they also both end in 'Foxglove.'...But their meanings are very different, except the ones that are the same."
    "Either way, it is a nice name. Better than Digitalis. Well Digitalis is not a bad name either. If we ever make a band we can name it Digitalis Purpura." thought the purple pony out loud. "Can Foxglove play the drums? I know it is tradionally a frog instrument but..."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Arf?" Sugar puts a paw to her chest insultedly. She understood "No, Bad Sugar." Chily and Yellow Pepper would say that often. Never from Daddy, she is an angel then.

The puppy lifted her head in a huff and ignored the dry pasta. It was flavorless and lacked texture. Sugar instead scampered over to Gwynfillion to play "good puppy." Anything to not get Gwynfillion to not tattle to Daddy.

Gwynfillion was indeed suspicious of the pup's good behavior and it showed in her expression. And yes, at the moment, she even did forget about Garion being there.

"Sigh......let's...find you something.......though.....we don't have puppy chow here........urrgh."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

In a convenient way to keep Garion out of trouble for the next few days (), he silently started sweeping up the leftover macaroni bits using his tail. The stray bits were corralled and directed towards the hungry Wyrmple, though the foal continued to keep his distance.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gwynfillion was indeed suspicious of the pup's good behavior and it showed in her expression. And yes, at the moment, she even did forget about Garion being there.

"Sigh......let's...find you something.......though.....we don't have puppy chow here........urrgh."
    Sugar stood on her back legs in a begging manner. The panting was extra exaggerated. She tumbled back and kicked her widdle feet in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    In a convenient way to keep Garion out of trouble for the next few days (), he silently started sweeping up the leftover macaroni bits using his tail. The stray bits were corralled and directed towards the hungry Wyrmple, though the foal continued to keep his distance.
    Sugar didn't care. She tired of macaroni, swatting a stray piece away towards the wurm.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Sugar stood on her back legs in a begging manner. The panting was extra exaggerated. She tumbled back and kicked her widdle feet in the air.

Sugar didn't care. She tired of macaroni, swatting a stray piece away towards the wurm.
    Wrymple kept doing what it was doing, being an opportunist for food. Slurp~

Gwynfillion looked at the cute pup, admittedly, those were some really deliberately cute antics. Gwyn looked away.

"Alright, we have...hay fries, daisy sandwich making stuffs, leftovers. You're getting leftovers,"
    She glanced at the pup and then at the small containers of the various leftovers. And she gave her leftovers, 'tis all she could really do from having no appropriate dog food here.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Wrymple kept doing what it was doing, being an opportunist for food. Slurp~

Gwynfillion looked at the cute pup, admittedly, those were some really deliberately cute antics. Gwyn looked away.

"Alright, we have...hay fries, daisy sandwich making stuffs, leftovers. You're getting leftovers,"
    She glanced at the pup and then at the small containers of the various leftovers. And she gave her leftovers, 'tis all she could really do from having no appropriate dog food here.
    Sugar sniffed the leftovers. It smelled like Daddy's cooking. A tiny bite confirmed it. The little dog took two more bites then folded her arms to indicate being finished. "Arf" she said approvingly.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

"Either way, it is a nice name. Better than Digitalis. Well Digitalis is not a bad name either. If we ever make a band we can name it Digitalis Purpura." thought the purple pony out loud. "Can Foxglove play the drums? I know it is tradionally a frog instrument but..."
    "If I were Digitalis, then out names wouldn't both begin and end the same, so it'd be no good,"

She agreed with a nod.

"He sings. The fox has a wonderful and noble cry."

Foxglove the fox made a noise like a woman in a horror movie screaming.

"...He can also play card games, and attend plays.... And I can wordplay, a little.

...The words are a bit like sand, don't you think?"

She turned and asked Snickers.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-04-07 at 10:50 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Sugar sniffed the leftovers. It smelled like Daddy's cooking. A tiny bite confirmed it. The little dog took two more bites then folded her arms to indicate being finished. "Arf" she said approvingly.
    She sighed, glad that these was able to be simple after all. She wanly smiled and sauntered over to her couch to go plop down.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The workaholic Grills gets up out of Gwynfillion's bed and teleported right back into the kitchen. "Gotta cook. Gotta cook." He yawned and started to summon up food stuffs. Coconuts and natto. Mint leaves. Cilantro. Groundnut and chiles. Everything for a coco-mint chutney. The unicorn chef spins his foods in the air, to mix, chop, and roast them. On placed in a papadum wrapping. "I love inspiration."

(I wonder if you can make coco-mint chutney. Hmm..)
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

The workaholic Grills gets up out of Gwynfillion's bed and teleported right back into the kitchen. "Gotta cook. Gotta cook." He yawned and started to summon up food stuffs. Coconuts and natto. Mint leaves. Cilantro. Groundnut and chiles. Everything for a coco-mint chutney. The unicorn chef spins his foods in the air, to mix, chop, and roast them. On placed in a papadum wrapping. "I love inspiration."

(I wonder if you can make coco-mint chutney. Hmm..)

Gwynfillion the heard the chocolate chef and looked over the couch and into the kitchen as there was no wall separating the kitchen and livingroom. "Sweetie...what are you doing? You're supposed to be resting."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gwynfillion the heard the chocolate chef and looked over the couch and into the kitchen as there was no wall separating the kitchen and livingroom. "Sweetie...what are you doing? You're supposed to be resting."
    Grills looked back with his tired drooping eyes. "No, I have make everypony dinner. I can- I can sleep later." The white liquidy mush was slung around above him and the brown chef roasted up the food with a blast of fire. "Hmm.. two degrees too hot. And it need more oil."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Grills looked back with his tired drooping eyes. "No, I have make everypony dinner. I can- I can sleep later." The white liquidy mush was slung around above him and the brown chef roasted up the food with a blast of fire. "Hmm.. two degrees too hot. And it need more oil."

"Sweet heart,"
    Gwynfillion frowned getting up. "Its not even time for dinner, I bet you didn't even nap." She glanced at the clock, it wasn't even that long of a passage time since he was told to go nap and now.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Sweet heart,"
    Gwynfillion frowned getting up. "Its not even time for dinner, I bet you didn't even nap." She glanced at the clock, it wasn't even that long of a passage time since he was told to go nap and now.
    "No time for napping." He splashed the white sauce neatly into a pot over the stove. "I have to craft a dinner meal now that is pleasure to all of" He yawned."..us. Two adult ponies, a foal, a puppy, and a baby wurm. Many pallets to please. I need all this time to get it right."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

"No time for napping." He splashed the white sauce neatly into a pot over the stove. "I have to craft a dinner meal now that is pleasure to all of .." He yawned."..us. Two adult ponies, a foal, a puppy, and a baby wurm. Many pallets to please. I need all this time to get it right."

"Just....don't exert yourself too much then........its okay to give yourself a break,"
    There was no trying to say 'no' to the stallion when it came to cooking, she sighed. She then looked around remembering the foal, she wondered where he was at and up to.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

"Just....don't exert yourself too much then........its okay to give yourself a break,"
    There was no trying to say 'no' to the stallion when it came to cooking, she sighed. She then looked around remembering the foal, she wondered where he was at and up to.
    Little Garion was sweeping up the last of the raw noodles Wyrmple's direction and trying to stay out from underhoof of the chef pony. He occasionally looked towards Grills with a mix of worry and thoughtfulness, like he was trying to think of something, but couldn't quite manage it.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills tossed the sauce in the air and then caught it again in the pot. "I know. I know." He yawned again the rested his back against the counter.

Little Garion was sweeping up the last of the raw noodles Wyrmple's direction and trying to stay out from underhoof of the chef pony. He occasionally looked towards Grills with a mix of worry and thoughtfulness, like he was trying to think of something, but couldn't quite manage it.
    The chef wiped the sweat off this brow. He looked down at the foal at his hooves inquisitively. "You okay, Garion?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion just shook her head at Grills' response. After seeing Garion was alright, she went upstairs to drink the potion now that it had time to settle.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

The chef wiped the sweat off this brow. He looked down at the foal at his hooves inquisitively. "You okay, Garion?"
    Garion nodded and flicked the last bit of pasta over to the wurm. His task done, he trotted over by the chef pony and reared up to watch his work, eyes just barely peeking over the counter. Not all of the appliances made sense to him, but his mind was made up. He looked up at the older pony, and asked, "Um, Mister Grills? Can I help make the food?" All the while, he stared at Grills with those big eyes of his. Weaponized cuteness must be instinctive for foals; some sort of natural defense, as it were.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Garion nodded and flicked the last bit of pasta over to the wurm. His task done, he trotted over by the chef pony and reared up to watch his work, eyes just barely peeking over the counter. Not all of the appliances made sense to him, but his mind was made up. He looked up at the older pony, and asked, "Um, Mister Grills? Can I help make the food?" All the while, he stared at Grills with those big eyes of his. Weaponized cuteness must be instinctive for foals; some sort of natural defense, as it were.
    Grills looked down at the foal. The cuteness of Garion's eyes enchanted him. The pony wanted to say "no". He was in fact too tired to teach cooking. But that was against his nature. And the mysterious force returned and tugged at his heart. "Okay. You can mix the papadum batter"

The chef levitated a bowl, the now clean wooden spoon, a cutting board, a rolling pin. a small bag of flour, tablespoon of cumin, a half cup of water, and some salt and pepper. "Okay. Mix together the flour, water, cumin, salt and pepper"

Grills would go over all the steps of making the fried flatbread and let Garion do most of the work. Rolling the batter into balls. Rolling the balls nice and flat. Grills would personally levitate the flatten batter to be fried with vegetable oil and his own dragon's breath.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Grills looked down at the foal. The cuteness of Garion's eyes enchanted him. The pony wanted to say "no". He was in fact too tired to teach cooking. But that was against his nature. And the mysterious force returned and tugged at his heart. "Okay. You can mix the papadum batter"

The chef levitated a bowl, the now clean wooden spoon, a cutting board, a rolling pin. a small bag of flour, tablespoon of cumin, a half cup of water, and some salt and pepper. "Okay. Mix together the flour, water, cumin, salt and pepper"

Grills would go over all the steps of making the fried flatbread and let Garion do most of the work. Rolling the batter into balls. Rolling the balls nice and flat. Grills would personally levitate the flatten batter to be fried with vegetable oil and his own dragon's breath.
    Garion happily followed along, listening carefully to Grills' instruction. It was a little tricky, moving around all that stuff at his size, but he managed as best he could. Once...okay, maybe twice, he spilled a bit...okay, maybe a good hoofful of the flour. It looked like his white coat was staging an assault against his black mane, to turn him into a monochrome pony, the fiends. The batter-rolling was much more fun; Garion amused himself by making squishy noises as he slowly flattened the defenseless batter balls. And when Grills flamed the dough, you could see his little eyes light up with wonder. Oddly enough, the little cooking lesson forced Grills into a slower, easier pace, while still getting the food ready at a decent time. And if nothing else, it gave him a little distraction from how tired he must've felt.

Once they were done making the batter, the flour-coated foal helped to put their dirty utensils and such in the sink. "Are we making anything else for Miss Gwyn?" he asked the chef.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Garion happily followed along, listening carefully to Grills' instruction. It was a little tricky, moving around all that stuff at his size, but he managed as best he could. Once...okay, maybe twice, he spilled a bit...okay, maybe a good hoofful of the flour. It looked like his white coat was staging an assault against his black mane, to turn him into a monochrome pony, the fiends. The batter-rolling was much more fun; Garion amused himself by making squishy noises as he slowly flattened the defenseless batter balls. And when Grills flamed the dough, you could see his little eyes light up with wonder. Oddly enough, the little cooking lesson forced Grills into a slower, easier pace, while still getting the food ready at a decent time. And if nothing else, it gave him a little distraction from how tired he must've felt.

Once they were done making the batter, the flour-coated foal helped to put their dirty utensils and such in the sink. "Are we making anything else for Miss Gwyn?" he asked the chef.
    Grills was surprised how good a job Garion did at cooking. Sure it was a bit messy but that was nothing a minor dish cleaning spell focused on the floor and counter could not handle. He tussled the foal's mane again. A brief look at the hoof fully displayed the messiness. "Yes, we are making you take a bath. Miss Gwyn like a clean house. Now upstairs with you, little stallion." Grills said while scooting the foal toward the stairs.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Grills was surprised how good a job Garion did at cooking. Sure it was a bit messy but that was nothing a minor dish cleaning spell focused on the floor and counter could not handle. He tussled the foal's mane again. A brief look at the hoof fully displayed the messiness. "Yes, we are making you take a bath. Miss Gwyn like a clean house. Now upstairs with you, little stallion." Grills said while scooting the foal toward the stairs.
    Garion knew what a bath was, and that baths meant sitting still for a long time while getting fussed over. And today, that didn't sound so bad. Perhaps not a week later, once he was used to, y'know, life, but that's a story for another day. The foal let himself get shooed upstairs without a fuss.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion was upstairs of course and had drank her potion and she felt much better now having her magic back. She did get distracted with a book, she couldn't help it, the book was left wide open, and the book nerd just couldn't help herself. She didn't notice Garion either as he walked upstairs, a new part of the tower he had yet to see until now.

There were a lot of books with bookshelves as tall as the walls that it required a ladder, those sorts built just for libraries like this. There was also of course her mini laboratory where she was at, at the moment reading at her study desk. There were two other doors, one that lead into her bathroom and the other, her walk in closet. There was a tall ornate standing mirror in one corner of the room made of black wood, and then there was the bed, comfy looking and big with fancy feminine sheets.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "...He can also play card games, and attend plays.... And I can wordplay, a little.

...The words are a bit like sand, don't you think?"

She turned and asked Snickers.
    Snickers ponders for a moment, before saying: "Ah yes, the versatility of words. Malleable and flexible, as sand in a hoof. They can break down barriers and wear away bastions of opinion and stance, just as wave-borne sand wears away stone and earth. Words can be a beautiful thing, like a sand-castle on the beach, or a source of pain, like sand in the eye. Words carry weight, like being buried in the sand, or they can be lightless, like sand particles carried on the gentle breeze. Words are crunchy, hard to chew, like sandy grit. Words are, like you said... like sand..." Snickers soft sighs, ending his philosophical monologue that would make a Structuralist Literary Critic cry tears of joy.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion was upstairs of course and had drank her potion and she felt much better now having her magic back. She did get distracted with a book, she couldn't help it, the book was left wide open, and the book nerd just couldn't help herself. She didn't notice Garion either as he walked upstairs, a new part of the tower he had yet to see until now.

There were a lot of books with bookshelves as tall as the walls that it required a ladder, those sorts built just for libraries like this. There was also of course her mini laboratory where she was at, at the moment reading at her study desk. There were two other doors, one that lead into her bathroom and the other, her walk in closet. There was a tall ornate standing mirror in one corner of the room made of black wood, and then there was the bed, comfy looking and big with fancy feminine sheets.
    (Think you might be right about Grills. I'll just go ahead and shoo the little fella along here...)

Garion trotted slowly and carefully into the big bedchamber. The high ceilings, the big books, the strange equipment, the room screamed "Grown-ups only!" But Mister Grills said it was okay, and he said Miss Gwyn would've wanted him to take a bath. So she must be okay with it too. Nothing to worry about, then.

He did spot Miss Gwyn over by her desk, reading a big, dusty book. She looked really into it; best not to disturb her. Besides, he also spotted another door, over next to the big fancy mirror. Bathrooms were supposed to have mirrors...right? Fuzzy instincts aside, perhaps that door would lead to the bathtub. He trotted over to the door, and reared up to try and grab the handle.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

The sound of his hoof steps echoed against the large once silent room, sounding louder than it was. Gwynfillion's ears twitched as she turned her head in the direction of the original origin of the offending noise. She spied the foal reaching for the door handle.

"What are you doing?"
    She asked the foal.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

The sound of his hoof steps echoed against the large once silent room, sounding louder than it was. Gwynfillion's ears twitched as she turned her head in the direction of the original origin of the offending noise. She spied the foal reaching for the door handle.

"What are you doing?"
    She asked the foal.
    Garion struggled to get a good grip on the door handle, fumbling it in clumsy hooves. "Mister Grills said I should take a bath, so I was going to take a bath." The flour-dusted foal paused, hooves still on the door, and glanced back at Gwyn in confusion. "Um, I should take a bath, right?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Garion struggled to get a good grip on the door handle, fumbling it in clumsy hooves. "Mister Grills said I should take a bath, so I was going to take a bath." The flour-dusted foal paused, hooves still on the door, and glanced back at Gwyn in confusion. "Um, I should take a bath, right?"
    She grimaced seeing the floury foal sized creature leaving white hoof prints at the top of the stair case to the door to her walk in closet. She mentally gasped thinking about what if he got floury badness on her clothes. She didn't want to think about the hoof prints on the second floor.

"I uh....I see....."
    She frowned. "That isn't the bathroom Garion. Here." She magically opened the right door. "Do you know how to bathe yourself?"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

She grimaced seeing the floury foal sized creature leaving white hoof prints at the top of the stair case to the door to her walk in closet. She mentally gasped thinking about what if he got floury badness on her clothes. She didn't want to think about the hoof prints on the second floor.

"I uh....I see....."
    She frowned. "That isn't the bathroom Garion. Here." She magically opened the right door. "Do you know how to bathe yourself?"
    The foal scratched his flour-filled mane, naturally spilling more onto the floor. "You...fill up the tub, then you...um, then you dump water on yourself?" he asked hopefully.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

The foal scratched his flour-filled mane, naturally spilling more onto the floor. "You...fill up the tub, then you...um, then you dump water on yourself?" he asked hopefully.
    She made a face as if she bowel problems or something seeing more flour spill on her floor. She adjusted her glasses looking at the foal, he looked like the sort who'd make a water mess, to her at least. "....More or less. Come on, I'll help you..." She got up from her seat and walked over to the bathroom. With her magic she began to turn on the tub faucet and put in some bubble soap. She gestured for the foal to come in.