New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXII: Cupcakes and Kittens and Squirrels. Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

And at the same time, is the new Maws item that builds out of a Hexdrinker any good?
    I remember it being discussed a bit when it came out, but i cant remember if it were cost-effective or not.
    It made AD casters more damagey. It's very much worth it in that you can actually itemize AD + MR lategame without giving up item efficiency now. It's virtually replaced all the MR items except for QSS on AD casters, and QSS is now used for its proper role instead of "just happens to be the most efficient MR item"-role on those champs.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, haven't tried it yet on Talon, but I like that I don't have to replace a late Hexdrinker now.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Every once in a while... just every once in a long, long time...

I feel like I got robbed.

Spoiler
    Show

Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hecarim revealed.

Twenty bucks says Phreak plays him as a jungler.

Jokes aside, before seeing any numbers, his kit looks very interesting. They've said before that a champion who gets any scaling from movement speed or vice-versa would be extremely hard to balance. I'm curious to see the base damages and ratios he's packing. Gameplay wise, he seems more like a "Bruiser Rammus" - bum-rush in and start pulping face rather than tank and peel.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Hecarim revealed.

And wouldn't you? That is quite a jungling kit, with sustain and strong ganks.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

INSTABUY.

It's like I have zero self control.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    And wouldn't you? That is quite a jungling kit, with sustain and strong ganks.
    And movespeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    And movespeed.
    And a giant lance and DAMAGE BASED ON MOVESPEED AND I AM BUYING HIM RIGHT NOW AND HE ISN'T EVEN OUT YET.

Movespeed is my favorite stat in the game. More than cooldown. More than crit chance. More than AD itself.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, who knows? Maybe Boots of Swiftness will be standard on this guy. Shurelya's for sure, if his ult is as impressive as it sounds. Sounds like a pretty surefire initiation. Add a FoN for that extra MS and beefiness, probably Atmog's/PD and you'll be rolling in like a juggernaut.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Swiftness? Depends on the ratio of movespeed to AD. Phantom Dancers for sure, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Ehh, Swifties wouldn't be better than Treads/Tabi unless the ratio was stupidly high, and you have to keep in mind that he's a melee initiator with zero damage mitigation so buying an item like Phantom Dancer is just asking to be disintegrated. Shurelya's, Trinity Force, and Force of Nature all have potential, but force seems iffy because you can get MR and AD from Maw instead and you can just get MR from Treads/Aegis/GA/etc.

I imagine that runes, masteries, and the kindness of strangers Lulu/Sivir/Galio/Janna/Sona/Gangplank will be your best sources of movespeed in a lot of situations. Obviously, Shurelya's is great on an initiator and has a lot of synergy with Triforce and Atma's. He also has a built in movespeed steroid so he'll hit the soft MS cap with absolute ease. Unless his passive is totally bonkers, it's probably better to treat it as a pleasant bonus than to build around it. Melee AD initiator, remember, there's plenty of itemization for that already.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-04-05 at 10:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #492

Depending on the passive's ratio, it would almost seem better to not allow MS buffs from other heroes to effect (affect?) your attack power. Only MS items would affect (effect?) your AD.

Otherwise you would run into problems where he is ONLY good when you have janna/sivir bottom, gangplank jungle, galio top/mid and possibly zilean mid.... or he becomes insanely overpowered with the above combo.

Also, ghost? If it affects(effects?) his AD then ghost will be a must have, perhaps even over flash.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Depending on the passive's ratio, it would almost seem better to not allow MS buffs from other heroes to effect (affect?) your attack power. Only MS items would affect (effect?) your AD.

Otherwise you would run into problems where he is ONLY good when you have janna/sivir bottom, gangplank jungle, galio top/mid and possibly zilean mid.... or he becomes insanely overpowered with the above combo.

Also, ghost? If it affects(effects?) his AD then ghost will be a must have, perhaps even over flash.
    Restricting the effect in such a way would be entirely unintuitive and you must realize that the opportunity for abuse is inherently limited by the movespeed soft caps at 415 and 490, respectively. Assuming a very favorable ratio such as .25, and base 320 movespeed, his passive would amount to ~80 AD in limited, super best case scenarios (i.e. Shurelya's active plus ghost) and to ~35 AD in average circumstances.

Use effect as a noun and affect as a verb.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

So, everyone, what's your biggest win streak/lose streak? The reason I ask is because it looks like I might finally beat my lose streak record. About a year ago I lost 7 games in a row, mostly due to my own crappy performance, but I just got to 7 again! The difference is, this time, I've actually been doing really well for almost all 7, but losing regardless.

Win streak record is at 12, but I haven't come anywhere close to getting there again. That was mostly due to good luck and wonderful teammates

Also, how do you guys usually deal with losing streaks? Last time I nearly quit playing altogether, and these 7 losses have been spaced out over 2 weeks. Hopefully it doesn't happen again! I've been playing with friends to try and improve our chances, but they've been doing uncharacteristically poorly lately

Oddly enough, I'm completely unsold on Hecarim. Nothing about his kit really screams "I want that!" and he has another lame free stat passive.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

15. - Top - End - #495
    Banned

Affect can mean "to have an effect on," or "to display *some emotion* [usually falsely]." Effect can mean "impact," or it can mean "to create." I don't think affect has a common noun form.

Aaaaaanyway. Trinity Force obvious build on Hecarim. Could see a gp5-oriented build into Trinity Force like Shurelya's, Randuin's, Youmuu's, Wit's End/Maw of Malmortius, and Trinity. Only problem is no room in build for GA.

Also, consider the amplifying *cough* effect of teammates like Lulu, Sona, Kayle, Orianna, Galio, Gangplank, Sivir, etc.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-04-05 at 11:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Aaaaaanyway. Trinity Force obvious build on Hecarim. Could see a gp5-oriented build into Trinity Force like Shurelya's, Randuin's, Youmuu's, Wit's End/Maw of Malmortius, and Trinity. Only problem is no room in build for GA.
    Do you need one? Randuin's/Wit's/Trinity/defensive boots is pretty solidly tanky- 930 extra health, 75 armor, 75 MR from merc treads + a charged Wit's (or less MR + shield from Maw), Randuin's active and passive if your relatively lower amount of armor proves a problem and you need to hamper an autoattacker.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

So .... now we have War. Think Pestilence, Hunger and Death will join too?

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, nice. It's actually pretty good for me that the new champion is uninteresting and terribly ugly, I'm just getting to raise IPs again after Lulu was a day one instabuy .

19. - Top - End - #499
    Firbolg in the Playground

Affect can mean "to have an effect on," or "to display *some emotion* [usually falsely]." Effect can mean "impact," or it can mean "to create." I don't think affect has a common noun form.
    Affects can also mean one's emotions or feelings but no one uses it like that so it basically doesn't.

Also, X to Y passive based on movespeed? What next, a champion who gains damage based on their mana/5 or their gold per second?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

20. - Top - End - #500

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    damage based on their mana/5
    Isn't that basically Kassadin?

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Also, X to Y passive based on movespeed? What next, a champion who gains damage based on their mana/5 or their gold per second?
    This is a wonderful idea. Totally.

New Champ:

Bluehorn the Ruthless Merchant
    Spoiler
    Show

Passive: Bluehorn gains AP based on his gold income per second.

Q: Stocks and Bonds

Passive: Bluehorn gains 0.5/0.75/1/1.25/1.5 gold per second.

Active: Bluehorn smacks an enemy champion with a sack of money, dealing 50/70/90/110/130 (+0.5 AP) magic damage, plus 10% of his current money.

W: Blackmail

Active: Bluehorn blackmails a nearby enemy champion, silencing them for 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds and dealing 50/60/70/80/90 (+0.7 AP) magic damage.

E: Blank Checks

Active: Bluehorn throws blank checks in a cone in front of him, dealing 60/75/90/105/120 (+0.5 AP) magic damage and adding a Debt Mark to the target. Bluehorn's basic attacks trigger Debt Marks, slowing the target by 10/15/20/25/30 % for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.

R: Capitalism Cyclone

Passive: Bluehorn gains 10/15/20 movespeed whenever he has more than 80*his level (caps at 1000) gold.

Active: A storm erupts around Bluehorn, granting nearby allied champions the passive move speed increase and dealing 100/150/200 (+1 AP) damage over 3 seconds to enemies caught in the area.

Gold gaining passive abilities, abilities based on having lots of unspent money. There was in no way, shape or form any attempt to more than semi-kinda-sorta-maybe-I-guess-it's-half-assed balance this.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Firbolg in the Playground

I was actually thinking this champion would be like Udyr, four skills no ult, one that scales with crit chance, one with health, one with AP and one with mana/health regen, but this was before Gold/5 was uniquified.

Flak and I also were tossing ideas around for AoS characters, and one of them was a rogue who used gold as his resource system (rather than mana or bullets or whatever) and had a skill that stole gold. We ditched it though. Bit silly.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

23. - Top - End - #503

According to a Red, Classick is looking at some ways to buff Xin. It sorta scares a little, because while Riot has certainly gotten better at balancing kits lately, Xin seems to be one of those touchy champions who can become absolutely bonkers at the slightest provocation.

24. - Top - End - #504

Yeah, I still don't see a difference in usage. Which is too bad because I enjoy proper grammar.

Also, I find it funny that you used effect in your definition of "Affect".

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    This is a wonderful idea. Totally.

New Champ:

Bluehorn the Ruthless Merchant
    Secret passive: Screw the rules

Upon collecting enough money, Bluehorn can't be touched by people who don't have it. He also passes through units and walls. He is also granted Dodge and Innervating Locket becomes available to him. He instantly resets cooldowns on any skills that rely on summoning monsters by his allies.

(Did you just summon a bunch of Tibbers in one turn?)
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-04-06 at 08:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    Ah, nice. It's actually pretty good for me that the new champion is uninteresting and terribly ugly, I'm just getting to raise IPs again after Lulu was a day one instabuy .
    Huh, I actually like him.

Though that might just be because in my free time I once built a medieval knight champion that seemed to literally have 4 of the 5 abilities this guy has (everything except the heal). So Riot, how are you reading my mind?

Also what is this thing with Varus? Seems a bit early for another champion.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Orc in the Playground

It seems that the Judgments are coming back. Varus is the first one to get a new Judgment. All explained here: Penny Arcade on Varus.
    Now, fanboi mode: It's great to see this sort of work go on. Penny Arcade is probably the biggest webcomic about gaming out there, and LoL is shaping to be one of the biggest online games. This should bring more users to both fronts, which is always good. And since I have always liked Tycho's writing (and Gabe's art is sooooo fitting when it comes to gaming), this is a dream come true for me.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

28. - Top - End - #508

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Also what is this thing with Varus? Seems a bit early for another champion.
    Lulu came out two weeks plus a few days ago, so it seems right on time.
    Last edited by fred dref; 2012-04-06 at 09:30 AM.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    It seems that the Judgments are coming back. Varus is the first one to get a new Judgment. All explained here: Penny Arcade on Varus.
    Now, fanboi mode: It's great to see this sort of work go on. Penny Arcade is probably the biggest webcomic about gaming out there, and LoL is shaping to be one of the biggest online games. This should bring more users to both fronts, which is always good. And since I have always liked Tycho's writing (and Gabe's art is sooooo fitting when it comes to gaming), this is a dream come true for me.
    Another male AD carry. Fun. I guess we'll be seeing him released in about a month.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Hecarim revealed.

Jokes aside, before seeing any numbers, his kit looks very interesting. They've said before that a champion who gets any scaling from movement speed or vice-versa would be extremely hard to balance. I'm curious to see the base damages and ratios he's packing. Gameplay wise, he seems more like a "Bruiser Rammus" - bum-rush in and start pulping face rather than tank and peel.
    Did...Did they just actually create a character that "likes" stacking zeals on himself?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28