New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Cadmium Red

"Oh a musician? How interesting, I myself enjoy listening to music as I work. I once did a set of abstract paintings based on the feeling I got from the songs I was listening to, it was eye openng."
    Said the red pegasus who floated above the group on her cloud. "Cadmium Red." She stuck out a hoof.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy produced a clipboard, some paper, and a pencil from his saddlebags. Thankfully, he'd learned to not stand waiting around for his magic to fetch items from his saddlebags. "No worries, this shouldn't take too long, miss...?"
    "Sweetheart. Now, it would be preferable if you would simply ask and not dally. Unlike some maids, I have limited time."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Sweetheart. Now, it would be preferable if you would simply ask and not dally. Unlike some maids, I have limited time."
    "Alright then. I've really only got one main question;" Sandy took a brief moment to dally make sure other ponies weren't listening in, and readied his pencil. "I'd like to get your account of what happened two weeks ago with the whole Simmer business."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright then. I've really only got one main question;" Sandy took a brief moment to dally make sure other ponies weren't listening in, and readied his pencil. "I'd like to get your account of what happened two weeks ago with the whole Simmer business."
    Sweetheart nodded. "I suspected as much.

"I had not been evacuated like the other ponies, and learned of Simmer only when he made his announcement that morning. I made the decision to find him and do whatever I could to help, even if the best I dared do at the time would merely delay him.

"I arrived when he had already been immobilized by glass, yet knew that this was not enough. If he were to be released again in that state, he would only continue destroying. Those who defeated him knew this as well. I was told that only true concern and caring would stop him permanently. That was when I knew my purpose there. I told the others to leave and let me handle the situation.

"I partially released him from the glass and spoke to him. I saw through the evil clutching his heart, and saw potential for good inside. To release it, I opened my heart. Feelings of love and joy, long locked away, were released into him, and the monster was no more. There was only the pony inside. And then, when the others returned, I left, having served my purpose. And that is the end."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Sweetheart nodded. "I suspected as much.

"I had not been evacuated like the other ponies, and learned of Simmer only when he made his announcement that morning. I made the decision to find him and do whatever I could to help, even if the best I dared do at the time would merely delay him.

"I arrived when he had already been immobilized by glass, yet knew that this was not enough. If he were to be released again in that state, he would only continue destroying. Those who defeated him knew this as well. I was told that only true concern and caring would stop him permanently. That was when I knew my purpose there. I told the others to leave and let me handle the situation.

"I partially released him from the glass and spoke to him. I saw through the evil clutching his heart, and saw potential for good inside. To release it, I opened my heart. Feelings of love and joy, long locked away, were released into him, and the monster was no more. There was only the pony inside. And then, when the others returned, I left, having served my purpose. And that is the end."
    Sandy scribbled furiously, taking down her account in full. Or at least, he started to, then slowed down considerably as she reached the end. "...evil clutching his heart...wait, what? Excuse me, Miss Sweetheart? Would you mind explainin' a bit more what you meant by 'opened your heart'?"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandy scribbled furiously, taking down her account in full. Or at least, he started to, then slowed down considerably as she reached the end. "...evil clutching his heart...wait, what? Excuse me, Miss Sweetheart? Would you mind explainin' a bit more what you meant by 'opened your heart'?"
    Sweetheart hesitated, expecting to be feared or hated once she explained, but got herself back under control. "I have a power that I avoid using. My emotions influence those of others nearby. To prevent this, I lock away my feelings where they can do nothing, and only release them when absolutely necessary."

She raised her duster again. "And now, if that is satisfactory, I had best get back to work."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Sweetheart hesitated, expecting to be feared or hated once she explained, but got herself back under control. "I have a power that I avoid using. My emotions influence those of others nearby. To prevent this, I lock away my feelings where they can do nothing, and only release them when absolutely necessary."

She raised her duster again. "And now, if that is satisfactory, I had best get back to work."
    Sandy nodded slowly, still writing, but hardly paying attention to what his hooves were doing. "I-I see. That would explain it well enough." He finished writing, and hurriedly put away his materials and strapped on his saddlebags. "You can get back t'work, Miss Sweetheart. If you think of anything you'd like to add, or if there's somethin' you'd like for your work, just let me know. Name's Sandy Shores, you can find my house near the beach."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    And so Icy happened to be standing nearby admiring the fine selection of stoves. "You're here shopping too?" she asked.
    "Oh! Good morning Ms Icy, didn't see you there." Quaver replied in a hushed whisper. "I was just --"

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Oh, silly pony... Obviously, that can never happen.

"Why if it isn't Quaver Rest!"
    "Hiiiii, Quaver, Hi!"
    "Hello, Quaver!"

They hopped up and down and waved at her eagerly. Eventually, they turned and added to their pegasus companion,

"That's our friend Quaver Rest. She's a musician."
    So much for stealth.

Quaver gritted her teeth at the sudden explosion of noise right behind her. Turning, she made the attempt to put on a smile, but it really came across as more of a lopsided grimace.

It wasn't that she hated the pair ... they had been helpful to her after all when she'd first arrived in town. It was just that they had this energy to them, that she had trouble coping with. Particularly this early in the day.

She returned the waves, the not-smile still plastered on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Cadmium Red

"Oh a musician? How interesting, I myself enjoy listening to music as I work. I once did a set of abstract paintings based on the feeling I got from the songs I was listening to, it was eye openng."
    Said the red pegasus who floated above the group on her cloud. "Cadmium Red." She stuck out a hoof.
    An artist?

That got Quaver's attention.

"Quaver Rest" She replied, taking the proffered hoof and giving it a polite shake.

"It's good to see a fellow Creator out here." she continued, placing such an emphasis on the word that you could actually hear the capital 'C' "But what brings you all the way out to Bridle Shores?"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandy nodded slowly, still writing, but hardly paying attention to what his hooves were doing. "I-I see. That would explain it well enough." He finished writing, and hurriedly put away his materials and strapped on his saddlebags. "You can get back t'work, Miss Sweetheart. If you think of anything you'd like to add, or if there's somethin' you'd like for your work, just let me know. Name's Sandy Shores, you can find my house near the beach."
    "Very well." Sweetheart nodded, then quietly returned to dusting.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    An artist?

"Quaver Rest" She replied, taking the proffered hoof and giving it a polite shake.

"It's good to see a fellow Creator out here." she continued, placing such an emphasis on the word that you could actually hear the capital 'C' "But what brings you all the way out to Bridle Shores?"

"Inspiration. I did come to see the pristine beaches and crystal clear lake, but its...upkeep was compromised I think,"
    She said withdrawing her hoof after the shake.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

"Inspiration. I did come to see the pristine beaches and crystal clear lake, but its...upkeep was compromised I think,"
    "Oh yes, inspiration. That was my reason for coming here too" Quaver lied. "That and to get a break from the bustle of Canterlot."

"Oh, allow me to introduce a friend of mine, Ms Icy Touch." She indicated the light blue mare beside her. "We met just yesterday at the town Library."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh yes, inspiration. That was my reason for coming here too" Quaver lied. "That and to get a break from the bustle of Canterlot."

"Oh, allow me to introduce a friend of mine, Ms Icy Touch." She indicated the light blue mare beside her. "We met just yesterday at the town Library."

"Ah Canterlot? That's where I myself hail from currently,"
    She said before turning to face Icy. She was still floating on her cloud. "Hello Icy Touch."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well." Sweetheart nodded, then quietly returned to dusting.
    "Oh, and Miss Sweetheart?" Sandy turned, nearly out the door. "You won't have t'worry about this spreadin' around. It'll be kept confidential, unless you say otherwise." He wasn't entirely sure why he felt the need to stop and add that. It just...felt like the right sort of thing to say.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-09 at 09:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

She said before turning to face Icy. She was still floating on her cloud. "Hello Icy Touch."
    Quaver kept quiet, but her face showed a twitch of discomfort at Cadmium's words.

Another Canterlotian? Oh Celestia help me, I hope that the vocational differences are enough that she hasn't heard anything.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh, and Miss Sweetheart?" Sandy turned, nearly out the door. "You won't have t'worry about this spreadin' around. It'll be kept confidential, unless you say otherwise."
    "I never worry. All the same, unnecessary attention should be avoided. Good day."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh! Good morning Ms Icy, didn't see you there." Quaver replied in a hushed whisper. "I was just --"

So much for stealth.

Quaver gritted her teeth at the sudden explosion of noise right behind her. Turning, she made the attempt to put on a smile, but it really came across as more of a lopsided grimace.

It wasn't that she hated the pair ... they had been helpful to her after all when she'd first arrived in town. It was just that they had this energy to them, that she had trouble coping with. Particularly this early in the day.

She returned the waves, the not-smile still plastered on her face.

An artist?

Icy nodded her head slightly. "Charmed, Miss Red."

Quaver kept quiet, but her face showed a twitch of discomfort at Cadmium's words.

Another Canterlotian? Oh Celestia help me, I hope that the vocational differences are enough that she hasn't heard anything.
    Icy noted the twinge of discomfort, but thought no further of it. "I do find it surprising you came here to seek inspiration. I'd thought Ponyville or even Appleloosa would have been more suitable."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Icy nodded her head slightly. "Charmed, Miss Red."

Icy noted the twinge of discomfort, but thought no further of it. "I do find it surprising you came here to seek inspiration. I'd thought Ponyville or even Appleloosa would have been more suitable."

"You'd think so, but those don't have what I sought,"
    She said shrugging her shoulders and letting them droop for a moment.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

"I never worry. All the same, unnecessary attention should be avoided. Good day."
    "Will do, Miss. I'll leave you to your work." And with that, Sandy was off.

That maid sure was an odd one. Odd, and pitiable. To lock away her emotions, just for the sake of other ponies? Sandy wasn't sure if he could go that far if he was in her shoes. It certainly helped with Simmer, though. By all accounts, she took care of the problem without barely lifting a hoof. Much faster than he could've done it. At least somepony would know what she'd done. Maybe he could write an extra note in the report, start digging for similar cases to hers and find a solution. It'd be something to think about for later. For now, he had this report to finish, and one final pony to talk to. He changed course, flying high above the forests of the Blighted Weald, on the way to Gwyn's tower.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-05-10 at 06:26 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

"You'd think so, but those don't have what I sought,"
    She said shrugging her shoulders and letting them droop for a moment.
    "And what would that be?" Quaver asked.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

"And what would that be?" Quaver asked.

"Pristine beaches and crystal clear lakes? What I mentioned earlier,"
    She gave Quaver a weird look.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

"Pristine beaches and crystal clear lakes? What I mentioned earlier,"
    She gave Quaver a weird look.
    "Ah. Right. Sorry, I must have --- nevermind." Quaver replied, trying to recover. "I was only wondering if there was something more ... ephermeral to this place that might have drawn you here."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah. Right. Sorry, I must have --- nevermind." Quaver replied, trying to recover. "I was only wondering if there was something more ... ephermeral to this place that might have drawn you here."
    "Ephemeral?" Icy said, raising an eyebrow. "What else could possibly draw you here?"

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ephemeral?" Icy said, raising an eyebrow. "What else could possibly draw you here?"
    "The feel of the place, I mean. Everywhere in Equestria has its own pulse, its own rhythm. Art is not solely inspired by pure geography." Quaver continued, waving a hoof in the general direction of the town.

"It sounds a bit airy, I know, but hearing another artists' perspective on the matter is always interesting."

Even if it only confirms that this entire town is bat racing insane.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

The two of them had apparently gotten distracted by something, but came back to the conversation full of their usual energy.

"Oh, and don't forget the ponies! We heard through the grapevine that this was just the swingingest little town!"
    "We haven't seen any swings yet, but we're having lots of fun!"

They nodded, and then began to pose and swoon dramatically as they spoke:

"Without an audience, a performer's like a desert without dry!"
    "Like a snowless winter!"
    "Like a sandwich without sand!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

"The feel of the place, I mean. Everywhere in Equestria has its own pulse, its own rhythm. Art is not solely inspired by pure geography." Quaver continued, waving a hoof in the general direction of the town.

"It sounds a bit airy, I know, but hearing another artists' perspective on the matter is always interesting."

Even if it only confirms that this entire town is bat racing insane.

"Not solely, but its what I came to this town for, to experience it for myself, see if there are truths to it, etc etc,"
    She said with a sigh.

The two of them had apparently gotten distracted by something, but came back to the conversation full of their usual energy.

"Oh, and don't forget the ponies! We heard through the grapevine that this was just the swingingest little town!"

"Or quality good paints without the toxic ingredients?"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Icy snorted a little. "You two are remarkably unorthodox, even by Bridle Shore's standard." She turned her eyes towards Cadmium. "Have you met many ponies yet?"

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Icy snorted a little. "You two are remarkably unorthodox, even by Bridle Shore's standard." She turned her eyes towards Cadmium. "Have you met many ponies yet?"

"I've meet exactly five ponies since my arrival,"
    She replied shaping a puff of the cloud she laying on into a small five. "So far its been interesting, a variety of personalities."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, we are pretty unorthodox, aren't we?"
    "We're the unorthodoxest!"

They laughed in unison and preened with pride. Then they scuttled somehow about a foot back, huddled together behind their hooves, and spoke in what they obviously thought was a whisper.

"Say, Top Hat?"
    "What's that, Silk Scarf my dear?"
    "What's 'unorthodox'?"
    "I don't know. Do you think it's some sort of technical term?"
    "Maybe..."
    "We're having an art talk with artists, so it might be an art word!"
    "That's incredible! But we don't know if Icy Touch is an artist, too..."
    "You have a point..."

They turn back in perfect unison.

"What do you do, Icy Touch?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-05-10 at 11:02 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

"I've meet exactly five ponies since my arrival,"
    She replied shaping a puff of the cloud she laying on into a small five. "So far its been interesting, a variety of personalities."
    Quaver rolled her eyes, that was the understatment of the century.

"You should have seen some of the things they came up with for Nightmare Night" she mumbled.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Quaver rolled her eyes, that was the understatment of the century.

"You should have seen some of the things they came up with for Nightmare Night" she mumbled.
    "I'm sorry what was that? You should speak clearly for everyone, its alsp good manners," She said with a self assured nod and smile and hoof wag.