New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Of a shower perhaps?"
    She stared for a moment and then coughed into her hoof to get herself back on track.

"Anyways, yes, you can do something for me," She glanced back the others, particularly Top Hat and Silk Scarf who looked like specks from this distance, but unmistakable nonetheless.

"I was wondering if bonfires were allowed on this beach."
    Icy trotted over towards Sandy's house and waved hello behind Cadmium, when Sandy spotted her. Otherwise she would let the two do the talking.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy trotted over towards Sandy's house and waved hello behind Cadmium, when Sandy spotted her. Otherwise she would let the two do the talking.
    Sandy gave a nervous little wave, still keeping the door half-closed.

"Of a shower perhaps?"
    She stared for a moment and then coughed into her hoof to get herself back on track.

"Anyways, yes, you can do something for me," She glanced back the others, particularly Top Hat and Silk Scarf who looked like specks from this distance, but unmistakable nonetheless.

"I was wondering if bonfires were allowed on this beach."
    "Bonfires? Sure, just stick to the flatter parts of the beach, clean up after yourself, keep it under control, anything else?" he spouted out at a rapid pace. His desire to get back to hiding indoors outweighed his desire to know why she wanted a bonfire.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy gave a nervous little wave, still keeping the door half-closed.

"Bonfires? Sure, just stick to the flatter parts of the beach, clean up after yourself, keep it under control, anything else?" he spouted out at a rapid pace. His desire to get back to hiding indoors outweighed his desire to know why she wanted a bonfire.
    'I..." She managed as she watched the stallion act all weird. "I mean, yeah, I think that's all I wanted to hear...I mean know." She scrunched her brows and dipped her head in a staring sort of way. "I know its not really none of my business, but, are you alright?"

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

'I..." She managed as she watched the stallion act all weird. "I mean, yeah, I think that's all I wanted to hear...I mean know." She scrunched her brows and dipped her head in a staring sort of way. "I know its not really none of my business, but, are you alright?"
    Sandy flashed them both an entirely unconvincing smile. "I'm fine, just fine, why wouldn't I be-"

He felt a familiar, magical tickling in his throat and tongue, and his eyes went wide. "Berightbackleftthewaterrunnin'!" He zipped away in a flash and did a flying dive into his back room. With mere moments to spare, he buried his muzzle in a seat cushion, muting the winding, magically-induced explanation of the whole truth. A few moments later, he reappeared at the half-closed front door, breathing heavily. "Sorry 'bout that. I'm doin' fine, doin' just fine, we're all fine, uh, how are you?" he rambled.

Icy might recall one of the symptoms of his transformed state from her thorough testing.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

"Are you sure you're okay? I mean...is this regular behavior? Should I be concerned? Actually, should I get help?" She turned to Icy then. 'Is he your friend?"

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

"Are you sure you're okay? I mean...is this regular behavior? Should I be concerned? Actually, should I get help?" She turned to Icy then. 'Is he your friend?"
    Icy nodded. "He's fine. He just have... hmm... well, he has a condition you see. A rather special condition." She smiled a little, as if she and Sandy shared some great secret. "At any rate, it's of no concern, so don't you worry."

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy started to wave her off, when-

Icy nodded. "He's fine. He just have... hmm... well, he has a condition you see. A rather special condition." She smiled a little, as if she and Sandy shared some great secret. "At any rate, it's of no concern, so don't you worry."
    -Icy went and saved his bacon. He mouthed her a "thank you" behind Cadmium's back, which turned into furious nodding when she turned back around. "Yup, what she said. Condition. Nothin' to worry about. No help necessary."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

"Right......" She shifted her eyes between the two. "Well fine, whatever sinks your boat. Whelp, I got the information I wanted so I'll be leaving now. Thank you Sandy Shores."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

"Right......" She shifted her eyes between the two. "Well fine, whatever sinks your boat. Whelp, I got the information I wanted so I'll be leaving now. Thank you Sandy Shores."
    Icy gave Sandy a look. The type which says "you owe me". Clearly, she did not know how chilling this effect might have on Sandy.

Regardless, she said her goodbyes to Sandy as well, and followed Cadmium back to the beach.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

The two of them had been running around the beach in circles, apparently under the impression that this was what normal ponies did when waiting. When the inquiring pair came back, the pegasus and unicorn couple got inquiring.

"Well? How did it go?"
    "Is Sandy OK? He looked down earlier."

They asked.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

After returning to the others from Sandy's house Cadmium went to those two nearly single minded ponies.

"Yeah...that Sandy guy said it was okay to have a bonfire here, there's some minor guidelines, but we can do it,"
    She said pondering if she should answer the other question. "He's acting weird...says its a condition or whatever, I dunno." She shrugged her shoulders.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "I see! I take it you're a wandering type, too? Perhaps you can help me out, anyway, as I really have little to do." The filly bowed back. "You may call me Night Jewel, and I'd love to see you play."
    "What kind of music do you like? I can play most things, though I'm not so swell with electronic music."

[ sorry for the...um...superduperdelayed response. ]

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    "What kind of music do you like? I can play most things, though I'm not so swell with electronic music."
    "Just whatever you feel like. I'm mostly interested in seeing your skill, so I'm not too picky. Although perhaps something I could learn to play myself."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Icy gave Sandy a look. The type which says "you owe me". Clearly, she did not know how chilling this effect might have on Sandy.

Regardless, she said her goodbyes to Sandy as well, and followed Cadmium back to the beach.
    Sandy gulped audibly, barely keeping from running up to his room and locking himself in until this day was over. He managed a wimpy half-wave as the two ponies left. "R-right. You're welcome. Glad t'help." Once they were far enough away, he slammed the door closed and locked it tight. Now he was even more of a nervous wreck than before. He couldn't keep stewing here; he needed something to keep his mind and hooves busy. He looked over his storefront (that sculpting business nopony uses ) and spied his bags of sand. Maybe...maybe he could make something without magic to hold the sand together. Yeah, that'd work. Full of desperate optimism, he scooped up a bag and headed into his workroom.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

After returning to the others from Sandy's house Cadmium went to those two nearly single minded ponies.

"Yeah...that Sandy guy said it was okay to have a bonfire here, there's some minor guidelines, but we can do it,"
    She said pondering if she should answer the other question. "He's acting weird...says its a condition or whatever, I dunno." She shrugged her shoulders.
    "Oh no!"
    "Oh dear... What should we do, Top Hat?"

Top Hat pawed the sand a bit as he thought.
    "Hmm...No one should have to be troubled by conditions alone..."
    "But we don't know what it is, so it's not like we can go get some..."

Then Top Hat's face lit up.

"I know! He needs to bond! So when we get the bonfire made... We can invite him to come join us, and share in the bonding!"
    "We can make S'mores! And sing songs!"
    "And then it'll be crystal-clear that he's not alone, and he'll be happy!"
    "Incredible!"

They turned back outward, full of energy that was, quite frankly, infectiously full of cheer and good intentions.
    "Who's with us?!""Who's with us?!"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-05-21 at 07:35 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Icy winced a little as the two sang on, seemingly on a perpetual sugar rush. "I don't know... I think Sandy would want to be left alone," she spoke up.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Just whatever you feel like. I'm mostly interested in seeing your skill, so I'm not too picky. Although perhaps something I could learn to play myself."
    "Happy to oblige! The fourth string will have to be all magic though, since I didn't think to bring a fourth."

And so he plays
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=ALHTd1VmZQRNr pzbWFpvWzVypkCWKevqK9&v=5mVcGmVj4eQ
    on his three plus a magic produced cello. The visual result is a forest dancing with fairyponies of some sort.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium Red-The Beach

"Well, I don't know this Sandy that way to feel swayed in either direction,"
    Cadmium said scratching her chin and not really giving an answer at all.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver looked around the beach, at a loss as to what to do now. She could go, but running out on Silk Scarf and Top Hat just seemed wrong. Even if she didn't really care about all the brouhaha they were going on about with that bonfire.

Even Icy had walked off, leaving her alone.

Giving up, she just lay down on the sandy shore and watched the lake. Without anything better to do, she began to shuffle sand with her forehooves, creating the early trappings of a sandcastle.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

They just could not get an idea off the ground today, could they?

"Well, we can still at least make the bonfire, right!?"
    "Who's with us?!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

The beach

"I've been since the start, like I said, it would be a lovely way to begin my short stay here Bridle Shores, a nice big bondfire, and singing, even if it might just be the four or three of us," She looked at the colorful duo before briefly glancing at Quaver who walked off. She shook her head.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

The beach

"I've been since the start, like I said, it would be a lovely way to begin my short stay here Bridle Shores, a nice big bondfire, and singing, even if it might just be the four or three of us," She looked at the colorful duo before briefly glancing at Quaver who walked off. She shook her head.
    "Oh yes, because all of us exist solely to improve your stay in this place." Quaver snarked back. It was like the red pegasus was trying to get under her skin.

"I just wanted to go shopping" She grumbled, reluctantly dragging herself to her hooves and trudging towards the nascient bonfire.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    "Oh yes, because all of us exist solely to improve your stay in this place." Quaver snarked back. It was like the red pegasus was trying to get under her skin.

"I just wanted to go shopping" She grumbled, reluctantly dragging herself to her hooves and trudging towards the nascient bonfire.
    (Cadmium wasn't snarking fyi, I would mention if she was xD)

"Pardon me? That's a lot of nerve you have talking to me in that snarky way,"
    Cadmium furrowed her brows, flabbergasted at the way this mare just spoke to her, unprovoked. "You know what, why don't you just go then if you're going to act this way."

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Cadmium furrowed her brows, flabbergasted at the way this mare just spoke to her, unprovoked. "You know what, why don't you just go then if you're going to act this way."
    (She has to watch her language around Quaver then . Particularly when she's not in a good mood.)

"Let's get one thing straight then." She shot back. "I'm not here for you"

"What do you need me to do?" She asked, turning to Silk Scarf and Top Hat and making a determined effort not to look at the red pegasus.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Someplace

A little pink pegasus foal sits on her haunches. In her hooves in a mixed and matched patchwork of a doll. The colors contain faded pastels and dirty grays over a purposely large stitching pattern. . The dress it wears is more rags that clothing. "Stitches, you look terrible. But I do not blame you. Dressing up seems to attract the filth this world radiates. It is a curse bestowed on the pretty by the robins. The robins are behind it all."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

"Um, girls. I'm sure Cadmium didn't mean it that way," Icy quickly offered, hoping to defuse the situation.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    "Happy to oblige! The fourth string will have to be all magic though, since I didn't think to bring a fourth."

And so he plays
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=ALHTd1VmZQRNr pzbWFpvWzVypkCWKevqK9&v=5mVcGmVj4eQ
    on his three plus a magic produced cello. The visual result is a forest dancing with fairyponies of some sort.
    Night Jewel listened and watched carefully. Although she was originally interested in his technique, the visuals fascinated her. If I'm to keep up with that, my illusion skills are going to need a lot of practice. Well, I know now that I've found a master.

Once the performance was done, she clapped politely. "That was most fantastic! Looks like it takes quite a lot of skill. Thank you very much." Her eyes gleamed. "Say, have you ever had a student before?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

"Now, now, no need to fight..."

Silk Scarf said, agreeing with Icy about this. Come to that, they had never actually told Quaver she had to stay... It just seemed to be what happened naturally.

"Anyway, let's work on finding rocks so we can form a defensive perimiter!"
    "It's an important thing, a fire -- a two-way defense is essential!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Cadmium opted for ignoring Quaver and go with a quiet seething for now. She'll probably later just take out her aggression with a nice splatter painting with red as the focused color.

"Right, with a bonfire being so big and all, gotta be able to contain it."
    She nodded.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Quaver opted for ignoring Cadmium, and also going for a quiet haughty seethe, like the bristling of a cat.

Despite her snooty demeanour though, she was no stranger to actual work and the purple earth pony began to scour the beach for rocks ... starting in the opposite direction to Cadmium, naturally.