New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Any fire is big enough for a bonfire if there's sufficient bonding!"
    Top Hat declared happily as he picked up his wood and dumped it in the pile.

Silk Scarf, on the other hand, had finally found a tune to sing, and threw her voice up merrily.

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful pyre --"

Top Hat picked it up.
    "That started with some fine ponies, some bonding to inspire!"

((Sung to the tune of Giligan's Island Theme. Hopefully.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"The ponies were a silly folk, running in the sun. Five ponies came on down, for a simple silly fun, simple silly fun."
    She chuckled and chucked a piece of driftwood into the pile. She wondered if anyone had a match.
    Quaver didn't join in the signing just yet, her mouth was too busy holding her saddlebags as she emptied the driftwood she'd collected on to the pile.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy had been scooping the remains of his "sandcastle" back into a bag, lamenting how difficult it was without magic, when all of a sudden Heartflight poofed in his front foyer. He leaped into the air with a shout of, "AghalflaghaITWASANACCIDENT!" And then he landed face-first back into his sand. Again.

A few minutes later, Sandy emerged from the back half of his house, knocking a bit of sand out of his ears. "Er, sorry 'bout that, thought you were somepony else. Er, I wasn't, I didn't, er, I mean, did things go alright with Icy?" He squeaked out a fake smile.
    Heartflight just waited for him to calm down for a moment before speaking.

"Yes, actually, it did," she said, looking over the papers. "And while I can't say I approve of her ... methods, the data is extremely interesting."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight just waited for him to calm down for a moment before speaking.

"Yes, actually, it did," she said, looking over the papers. "And while I can't say I approve of her ... methods, the data is extremely interesting."
    "Oh really?" Sandy tried peeking over at the likely incomprehensible data. "So, what happens now?"
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Oh really?" Sandy tried peeking over at the likely incomprehensible data. "So, what happens now?"
    "Now?" said Heartflight. "Now I get to stay up all night analyzing this fascinating data, organizing it, and forming different theories as to what the problem actually is, then coming up with a cure!" She hopped in place a couple times, a happy filly foal. "I haven't seen a puzzle this interesting in years!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "Now?" said Heartflight. "Now I get to stay up all night analyzing this fascinating data, organizing it, and forming different theories as to what the problem actually is, then coming up with a cure!" She hopped in place a couple times, a happy filly foal. "I haven't seen a puzzle this interesting in years!"
    Sandy scratched his head and coughed politely. "Erm, I'm glad y'found something so fascinatin', but I more meant if there was anything else y'need me to do." For the record, he was never going to get over that feeling of weirdness that came with being a test subject.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Quaver didn't join in the signing just yet, her mouth was too busy holding her saddlebags as she emptied the driftwood she'd collected on to the pile.
    So they would just go at it full-speed, regardless of whether or not what they said actually worked. They were in the midst... Of song! Also, they just sort of levitated things. It's a totally reasonable question how Silk Scarf did that, but no one's ever asked it yet.

"Their spirits started getting rough, the tiny crew was split --"

"If not for the courage of the fearless pair,"

Because self-aggrandizement is totally necessary.

"They couldn't have done it! They couldn't have done it!"

Technically, they still hadn't done it -- but the beach was getting cleaner, and the pile getting higher.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #517
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Sounds simple enough..." Night Jewel began experimentally plucking strings.

It took her a while to get the hang of the instrument and its sounds. Still, she was clearly enjoying herself, and she was improving. After a long time of mostly-random sounds, she actually managed to figure out and play a melody.

Subtle. Real subtle. Luckily for her, Sierra adventure games didn't exist in this universe, so few ponies were likely to make the connection.
    FT watched as she played, watching her face more than her instrument, looking for signs of enjoyment. That was the key, his master had told him. Finding the joy in music. But he'd not been told that until after he'd found the sound of his joy.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

8. - Top - End - #518
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    FT watched as she played, watching her face more than her instrument, looking for signs of enjoyment. That was the key, his master had told him. Finding the joy in music. But he'd not been told that until after he'd found the sound of his joy.
    Well, there was plenty of that there. Some of it was the sound, and some of it was the opportunity to fiddle around with this instrument, but Night Jewel was pretty clearly pleased.

After playing through another couple times, each a bit better, she looked at Fine Twine expectantly. "So how was that?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

So they would just go at it full-speed, regardless of whether or not what they said actually worked. They were in the midst... Of song! Also, they just sort of levitated things. It's a totally reasonable question how Silk Scarf did that, but no one's ever asked it yet.

Technically, they still hadn't done it -- but the beach was getting cleaner, and the pile getting higher.

"The crew they did there the clean the beach of this sparkling lake~ With Cadmium, well Cadmium Red~"
    She then pointed to Top Hat and Silk Scarf to take the next line.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

Double Post yay

Fox Trot

After the twenty something walk, and those damn cloud stairs to climb, the pooped put stallion made his way to the civic center. He then made his way to the door that led to the room that Icy claimed for herself during her stay here. He knocked on the door.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

Double Post yay

Fox Trot

After the twenty something walk, and those damn cloud stairs to climb, the pooped put stallion made his way to the civic center. He then made his way to the door that led to the room that Icy claimed for herself during her stay here. He knocked on the door.
    The door opened just a sliver, a blue eye peeping out of the room. Icy quickly swung the door open and hugged the stallion in the hallway. "Fox! What brings you here?"

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    The door opened just a sliver, a blue eye peeping out of the room. Icy quickly swung the door open and hugged the stallion in the hallway. "Fox! What brings you here?"
    He smiled as she hugged and he reared up to hug her back. "I, just wanted to see you." He nuzzled her cheek.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

He smiled as she hugged and he reared up to hug her back. "I, just wanted to see you." He nuzzled her cheek.
    "Oh? You're sweet, you know that?" Icy said, planting a kiss on his cheek before gesturing for him to follow into her room.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh? You're sweet, you know that?" Icy said, planting a kiss on his cheek before gesturing for him to follow into her room.
    He wanly smiled and walked inside. He sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the icy blue mare. "So, sweetie, how have you been?"

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

He wanly smiled and walked inside. He sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the icy blue mare. "So, sweetie, how have you been?"
    "Stuff. You know, the usual. Transdimensional magicks. Science. Weird happenings in Bridle Shores," Icy replied nonchalantly as she pushed away the stacks of papers she had accumulated on her bed and table, apparently to make room for Fox to sit. There still a lot of papers about though.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

"Stuff. You know, the usual. Transdimensional magicks. Science. Weird happenings in Bridle Shores," Icy replied nonchalantly as she pushed away the stacks of papers she had accumulated on her bed and table, apparently to make room for Fox to sit. There still a lot of papers about though.

"Not exactly what I asked, but it does cover my next question,"
    He chuckled as he gestured for her to sit next to him. "But anyways, please go on, what sort of transdimensional magicks, science, weird happenings ?"

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not exactly what I asked, but it does cover my next question,"
    He chuckled as he gestured for her to sit next to him. "But anyways, please go on, what sort of transdimensional magicks, science, weird happenings ?"
    "Oh! Right, did I tell you about Mr Shores? He is this..." She went on to elaborate about how she found Sandy, his condition and what she did in the library. She held out papers detailing her findings and described them excitedly probably losing Fox by the second sentence.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh! Right, did I tell you about Mr Shores? He is this..." She went on to elaborate about how she found Sandy, his condition and what she did in the library. She held out papers detailing her findings and described them excitedly probably losing Fox by the second sentence.
    She sorta did lose him around the second to third sentence, mostly due to being lost in his own thoughts about today. A lot of it sounded fragmented, him mostly catching a few words, but did she look so cute with her enthusiastic rambling of her magiscience.

He chuckled and put a hoof on hers. "I'll be honest, a lot of what you said went over my head, but, I'm happy seeing you so enthused about it." He gave her a little kiss on the muzzle,

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "That's what they all say. And what's next. There aren't tiny ponies who steal socks from the laundry?" Hover sips her tea then raises an eyebrow as if she is acknowledging something said by Stitches. "For there tiny hats, Stitches. Oooh we should wear hats! Can't have a tea party without hats."

Hover's mother floats down from the sky with and assortment of hats, boas, and foal jewelry. "Guests first."
    Sunny chooses a silly pink Fedora as her hat. "My mommy says that she turns old socks from the laundry into rags. Bubbly is convinced it's tiny ponies though." Sunny takes a sip from her tea too.

(Sorry, been kinda busy and I entirely forgot. ._.)

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

"The crew they did there the clean the beach of this sparkling lake~ With Cadmium, well Cadmium Red~"
    She then pointed to Top Hat and Silk Scarf to take the next line.
    Her bags empty, Quaver curled up on the opposite side of the bonfire from Cadmium. Although Silk Scarf's kindness was deeply appreciated, the melody she wanted to sing still eluded her. It was there, closer than it had been earlier that day, but it still felt just one hoofspan out of reach.

One conversation, it seemed, did not a friendship make. Particularly when the real problem was still unaddressed.

So she just curled up by the nascient fire, bobbed her head in time with the singing, and tried not to draw any attention to herself lest the others expect her to force out a tune when she honestly did not feel like singing.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Sunny chooses a silly pink Fedora as her hat. "My mommy says that she turns old socks from the laundry into rags. Bubbly is convinced it's tiny ponies though." Sunny takes a sip from her tea too.

(Sorry, been kinda busy and I entirely forgot. ._.)
    (It's s'kay)

"I like Bubbly now. Good head on her shoulders." Hover picks a blue Cloche hat and boa.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Her bags empty, Quaver curled up on the opposite side of the bonfire from Cadmium. Although Silk Scarf's kindness was deeply appreciated, the melody she wanted to sing still eluded her. It was there, closer than it had been earlier that day, but it still felt just one hoofspan out of reach.

One conversation, it seemed, did not a friendship make. Particularly when the real problem was still unaddressed.

So she just curled up by the nascient fire, bobbed her head in time with the singing, and tried not to draw any attention to herself lest the others expect her to force out a tune when she honestly did not feel like singing.
    Well, that's gloomy -- Silk Scarf's offer to talk about it still stands, especially since Silk Scarf threw a worried glance that way. But first, finishing off the song as the put the last pieces on.

"The Magician...."
    "And his mare! The Musician,"

She nodded cordially to Quaver and the two went to join her by the fire.

"And all the wood!"
    "Right here on Sandy's Beeaaach!""Right here on Sandy's Beeaaach!"

They hung that last bit out for Cadmium to join -- and Quaver, if she wanted to.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

She sorta did lose him around the second to third sentence, mostly due to being lost in his own thoughts about today. A lot of it sounded fragmented, him mostly catching a few words, but did she look so cute with her enthusiastic rambling of her magiscience.

He chuckled and put a hoof on hers. "I'll be honest, a lot of what you said went over my head, but, I'm happy seeing you so enthused about it." He gave her a little kiss on the muzzle,
    Fox's small gesture quickly brought her down to reality. She put a hoof to her mouth, and smiled sheepishly. Fox might make out a faint blush on her cheeks."Oh dear, I got carried away, didn't I? I don't know how you put up with me sometimes... Anyway, I am forgetting my manners. How have you been?"

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that's gloomy -- Silk Scarf's offer to talk about it still stands, especially since Silk Scarf threw a worried glance that way. But first, finishing off the song as the put the last pieces on.

"The Magician...."

"And all the wood!"

They hung that last bit out for Cadmium to join -- and Quaver, if she wanted to.
    Cadmium joined in on the last line with a heartiness. She wasn't about to let Quaver's 'oh woe antisocial' behavior ruin her fun here.

-----------------

Fox's small gesture quickly brought her down to reality. She put a hoof to her mouth, and smiled sheepishly. Fox might make out a faint blush on her cheeks."Oh dear, I got carried away, didn't I? I don't know how you put up with me sometimes... Anyway, I am forgetting my manners. How have you been?"

"Mmm, but you looked so cute getting carried away so passionately,"
    He softly chuckled. "I've been....okay, its been, okay, a bit of a tiring day let's say. I believe I'm going to join that Grills tonight in seeing a game...I believe it was hoofball. I think he's going to invite some other stallions, make it a group boy's night out or something."

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

"The Magician...."

"And all the wood!"

Cadmium joined in on the last line with a heartiness. She wasn't about to let Quaver's 'oh woe antisocial' behavior ruin her fun here.

-----------------
    "Right here on Sandy's Beaaaach." Quaver joined in, as the song came to a close and the two performers joined her by the fire. Her voice was quiet, but it was there.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sandy's Beaaaach]

As if on cue, a certain little pegasus made her return.

"...Right here on Sandy's Beaaaach."

Winterflap landed in the sand within sight of the fire, then shuffled about nervously. "That looks pleasant. May I join you? That is, if you're not going to... to throw things at me again..." She backed off a bit.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Sandy's Beaaaach]

As if on cue, a certain little pegasus made her return.

"...Right here on Sandy's Beaaaach."

Winterflap landed in the sand within sight of the fire, then shuffled about nervously. "That looks pleasant. May I join you? That is, if you're not going to... to throw things at me again..." She backed off a bit.
    "It's a free beach, pull up a bit of sand and have a seat if you want." Quaver shrugged.

"Plus, I'm pretty sure we've just incinerated most of the offending ballistics, so you should be safe."

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

"Mmm, but you looked so cute getting carried away so passionately,"
    He softly chuckled. "I've been....okay, its been, okay, a bit of a tiring day let's say. I believe I'm going to join that Grills tonight in seeing a game...I believe it was hoofball. I think he's going to invite some other stallions, make it a group boy's night out or something."
    "Oooh, you're not thinking of having... what do they call it over here... a bachelor party now, would you?" Icy said, half-teasing.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

"Oooh, you're not thinking of having... what do they call it over here... a bachelor party now, would you?" Icy said, half-teasing.
    He blushed and waved his fore hooves in front of him. "What? No, no, I don't believe its anything like that. Probably just going to see the game, have a couple of root beers, talk about the pretty mares we're with..." The last part he tiredly smirked and nuzzled her muzzle.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

He blushed and waved his fore hooves in front of him. "What? No, no, I don't believe its anything like that. Probably just going to see the game, have a couple of root beers, talk about the pretty mares we're with..." The last part he tiredly smirked and nuzzled her muzzle.
    Icy let out another chuckle and nuzzled him gently. "I was joking. I know you aren't that sort of stallion. Well, do enjoy yourself, dear. After all that excitement in Fillydelphia, I think I had enough of big cities for awhile."