New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    @Kneenibble: When I say I appreciate "rocks", I'm talking about everything from barely lithified crumbly shale right up to 4 billion year old gneiss, and certainly including gems. I wouldn't be so crude as to call gems rocks. I might call them minerals if I was speaking in more general terms, but to suggest that "minerals" would be a slur towards gems is to do a disservice to those beautiful and fascinating minerals formed at lower pressure-temperature.
    We dwarves also appreciate rocks and minerals, and this one is delighted to learn this delicious word "gneiss" and is muttering it with relish into his beard.

What is your favourite mineral?

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Hmm found this story on Yahoo which might be of interest to our feminine crew, especially Miss Wizard:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/chivalry-se...175610345.html

Apparently the whole "women and children first" thing is a myth according to research. Makes me wonder what would happen on an LGBTAP cruise....
    The article claims that the "women and children first" myth originated on the contemporary South African wreck, but I had been authoritatively informed that the Titanic was the first ship to set that precedent. Is it not so?

Apropos of that -- the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic is on Sunday. I think that event had as much to do with the advent of modernism as World War 1, and I intend to honour it with an admixture of sorrow and joy.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-04-13 at 10:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm quite keen on the metamorphic rocks. Formed at intense pressures and temperatures and comprised of microscopic crystals, they can be very beautiful.

I don't know whether shiny gems count as metamorphic rocks because they don't really pass through a sedimentary stage as such. I'm sure our resident rock-botherer can enlighten us.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

Sorry, I really should have put a warning on that link - Yahoo comments are the very anti-thesis of these boards. There are sections of /b/ nicer than them.
    /b/ is like, really queer-friendly, it's quite strange, but nice.

~

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I think it should be me first and then whoever can claw hir way through the throng.
    Also a valid viewpoint.

Sorry, I really should have put a warning on that link - Yahoo comments are the very anti-thesis of these boards. There are sections of /b/ nicer than them.
    Ah, no bother. Actually, I didn't read the comments, then Astrella said they were bad so I went back to check (spoiler alert: she was right!) so it was really my own fault!

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    We dwarves also appreciate rocks and minerals, and this one is delighted to learn this delicious word "gneiss" and is muttering it with relish into his beard.

What is your favourite mineral?
    A gneiss is a result of extreme high pressure high temperature metamorphism and often looks like a granite some immense dragon has used to play with as mala.

I find it very difficult to choose. I'm fond of andalusite, and garnet. Garnet is a wonderful combination of interesting, useful and beautiful. I also love micas, especially muscovite. And I'm very attached to emerald.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The article claims that the "women and children first" myth originated on the contemporary South African wreck, but I had been authoritatively informed that the Titanic was the first ship to set that precedent. Is it not so?

Apropos of that -- the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic is on Sunday. I think that event had as much to do with the advent of modernism as World War 1, and I intend to honour it with an admixture of sorrow and joy.
    I've been a bit Titanic-saturated. I can't imagine what it's like to live in Belfast at the moment!

I'm quite keen on the metamorphic rocks. Formed at intense pressures and temperatures and comprised of microscopic crystals, they can be very beautiful.

I don't know whether shiny gems count as metamorphic rocks because they don't really pass through a sedimentary stage as such. I'm sure our resident rock-botherer can enlighten us.
    Hello!

A metamorphic rock is any rock that has undergone physical or chemical change, usually due to a rise in pressure and/or temperature, possibly combined with addition or loss of water or water-based ion-bearing hydrothermal fluid.

In fact, many metamorphic rocks have very large crystals. A crystal will grow as big as it can in the time given to it for growing. Some metamorphic rocks have large crystals (relict from their igneous background) that was changed to a different mineral, but not given the time to equilibrate, resulting in a ghost of the old mineral in its shape, filled with hundreds of tiny crystals of the new mineral.

A metamorphic rock can have an igneous or a sedimentary background. Gems have different backgrounds, but certainly they would be metamorphic minerals; minerals that form from a rock or mineral that was buried and heated. It takes really really high pressure and very high temperature for a very long time to make, say, a diamond. Then they're brought to the surface by kimberlite lava.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post

~
    Rule of /b/: don't talk about /b/.

So today is the Sounds Off Day for ASL. Next week is the Day of Silence. Plans?

I'll have to cancel band practice next week, unless we play Orion.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

Im the one of the planers for Day of Silence for my school. Im hopeing to get 200+ particpaints.

Im also social mute that day, so no posting.

(Wish me luck!)
    Poems!
    Awesome people saying awesome things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carecalmo View Post
    Then again, you could be volunteering for !!SCIENCE!!, in which case... I shall take notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Alternatively I may consider going into politics after getting bored of hunting aliens in the jungle.
    ( Please pardon any garbled posts. I prefer face to face communication then text, and I also don't read whole threads, so I may just put in my 2cp.)

7. - Top - End - #37

ElfMonkGuy

Im the school planer for DoS at my school. I hope y'all are paticpaing.

(Wish me luck, Im comming out today )
    Poems!
    Then again, you could be volunteering for !!SCIENCE!!, in which case... I shall take notes.
    Alternatively I may consider going into politics after getting bored of hunting aliens in the jungle.
    ( Please pardon any garbled posts. I prefer face to face communication then text, and I also don't read whole threads, so I may just put in my 2cp.)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    Hugs are appreciated, yes. I haven't had a very good last couple of days.
    *Hugs*

That sounds bad, hope the next ones will be much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick274 View Post
    New thread!

Ok so this is a big day...got a few tests, going to a comic shop...

And im coming out of my closet to my parents.

Its the right day and I got some help from a counselur of sorts. She has help me out a lot.

But im SUPER nervous .

Any tips?
    I don't have any tips, but congratulations! I'm sure it will go much better than your nervousness suspects!

EDIT: I don't think we have a day of silence in Denmark, but I will try to remember it! I will have to participate in school stuff, though. It's too busy to spare as much as a minute! :3
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2012-04-13 at 01:32 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

AZERTY no longer?
    Nope, this laptop comes from the Netherlands.

Good luck!

-----

You don't look like a transsexual...
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

~
    I wish more people knew about /b/ now. Then we could say to them "You are worse than /b/" and they might realise what gits they are.

But not likely :<
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

I read that as metaphorical rocks and was distinctly confused.

I think it should be me first and then whoever can claw hir way through the throng.
    Someone quoted this and I read it as thong, before having to go and check the thread of conversation. I was disappointed.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

That's a rule of the Internet; /b/ has no rules :B

Good luck! I hope they're accepting~
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Nope, this laptop comes from the Netherlands.

Good luck!

-----

You don't look like a transsexual...
    :M
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    I wish more people knew about /b/ now. Then we could say to them "You are worse than /b/" and they might realise what gits they are.

But not likely :<
    Unfortunately yup. We need a sliding scale based on subsites. "We've decided you're better than /b/ and /r/mylittlepony but worse than /co/ and /r/aww" :P

~

13. - Top - End - #43
    Halfling in the Playground

Congratulations! As for tips, I'd advise you to take it easy and take your time to talk it through with your parents. They almost certainly have some questions for you, and you might have some for them. Don't rush it, give it time to settle and try and be clear and unambiguous.
    I guess you can apply that advice to most big (or not-so-big, depending) announcements.

Oh, and I just read up on the Day of Silence. That's really cool! I don't think I've ever heard of it in Denmark, though. Maybe not even all of Europe?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh, this should work.
    Yeah, I can see that being confusing.

Hmm found this story on Yahoo which might be of interest to our feminine crew, especially Miss Wizard:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/chivalry-se...175610345.html

Apparently the whole "women and children first" thing is a myth according to research. Makes me wonder what would happen on an LGBTAP cruise....
    Personally I'd help everyone else get out first, then find some ridiculous way to get out myself--maybe even just swimming off the ship.
    Tangential:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's Humans vs. Zombies week at my school; today is day five. I'm playing unarmed just for kicks. I just walked out of the science building with four zombies in sight and made it back to my dorm alive. Feeling like a boss and loving the adrenaline high.
    Jude P.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

A gneiss is a result of extreme high pressure high temperature metamorphism and often looks like a granite some immense dragon has used to play with as mala.

I find it very difficult to choose. I'm fond of andalusite, and garnet. Garnet is a wonderful combination of interesting, useful and beautiful. I also love micas, especially muscovite. And I'm very attached to emerald.
    I looked up pictures [of gneisses]. They're fascinating. I want to fondle one.

Do you collect specimens?
    Myself, I also adore garnets and tsavorites are second to opals only by a flake of mica for my favourite gem.
    Which is why I have a ring with both

A metamorphic rock is any rock that has undergone physical or chemical change, usually due to a rise in pressure and/or temperature, possibly combined with addition or loss of water or water-based ion-bearing hydrothermal fluid.

In fact, many metamorphic rocks have very large crystals. A crystal will grow as big as it can in the time given to it for growing. Some metamorphic rocks have large crystals (relict from their igneous background) that was changed to a different mineral, but not given the time to equilibrate, resulting in a ghost of the old mineral in its shape, filled with hundreds of tiny crystals of the new mineral.

A metamorphic rock can have an igneous or a sedimentary background. Gems have different backgrounds, but certainly they would be metamorphic minerals; minerals that form from a rock or mineral that was buried and heated. It takes really really high pressure and very high temperature for a very long time to make, say, a diamond. Then they're brought to the surface by kimberlite lava.
    This discourse pleases me dearly

Best of luck coming out. I promise you you will feel better after. I think even negative reactions are a preferable blessed relief to the closet.

Good for you and others who are going for the Day of Silence too. I am debating whether it is appropriate for me to observe it at my workplace (which is in a University). Also the dress is apparently all black with rainbow accents, and I own nothing in rainbow.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-04-13 at 03:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Someone quoted this and I read it as thong, before having to go and check the thread of conversation. I was disappointed.
    I'm sure thongs can be arranged if the weather permits. In fact, attractive women wearing thongs can probably count on my help in getting onto the lifeboat.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I read that as metaphorical rocks and was distinctly confused.
    Metaphorical rocks aren't as good!

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Personally I'd help everyone else get out first, then find some ridiculous way to get out myself--maybe even just swimming off the ship.
    Tangential:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's Humans vs. Zombies week at my school; today is day five. I'm playing unarmed just for kicks. I just walked out of the science building with four zombies in sight and made it back to my dorm alive. Feeling like a boss and loving the adrenaline high.
    Also a good plan. I'd be okay with swimming alongside a lifeboat, since I'm a pretty okay swimmer but I tire so easily because of the fatigue. Someone would have to keep an eye on me!

Spoiler
    Show
    What.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

18. - Top - End - #48

ElfMonkGuy

HELL YA!

I feel great! I just told my parents and they are supportive of me.

Gosh it feel good not to hide it anymore .

Thank you everyone! *Starts massive group hug*
    Poems!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

It's Humans vs. Zombies week at my school
    There are no words for how jealous this makes me.

I'm sure thongs can be arranged if the weather permits. In fact, attractive women wearing thongs can probably count on my help in getting onto the lifeboat.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Hi, new thread!

I cannot articulate well my point, but you have my respect for that, whatever it means to you.
    Thankee much!
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Im the one of the planers for Day of Silence for my school. Im hopeing to get 200+ particpaints.

Im also social mute that day, so no posting.

(Wish me luck!)
    *Thumbs up*

Just practicing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

22. - Top - End - #52

Oh god the thread has my name on it! DXD

Newthreadsayswhat? Hugageddon! >:3

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    Sounds like everything that my cat does.
    Sounds like your cat and I would get along.

You mean like <| ? Or I could use a thorn. Þ

Of course, thorn works best with smilies ;Þ
    Now that I thought about it, I think I was referring to a greater-than-or-equal-to-sign... How I got a vertical line out of that I do not know.

That symbol reminds me of an LED for some reason.

This is a Combination of obvious and confusingly arcane which really usin means I haven't actually thought about it at all.
    I'm the one that typed it and even I know what you mean. Either I should've gotten more sleep then or I should now (probably both). @_@

As shucks, beards aren't that bad. I mean, they
    I'm lying out of mark they're terrible there is hair erupting from my skin and making it scritchy and it only goes away when I traumatized I with a knife and gets its revenge by coiling beneath the surface for a terrible guerrilla assault with swelling and pain. Being able to look like Merlin is not suitable payment and when I talk to my reincarnation receptionist this go-round I will chew them out for selling me on this.
    *So many hugs* I don't think I get those, but I get so many scares... I shave everywhere south of my eyebrows.

Nah, it was always gettin the proper cant to the cone, while maintaining a relatively level brim what supplied the magic for me.
    Huh. I usually just have to get other people to assume I'm old and crazy. The hat helps with that second bit.

Ach. Phone dying; more later.
    ... Should probably sleep, too >>;
    Yes. Yes you should. *Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    Did you just slip your symbol into the first post? :P

Cause it is the cool thing to do, I'll nab a symbol. It will do for now until I get a better one :P

-Lea
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Personal symbols? Nah, not for me.
    ... wait, I'm French-speaking, I've got a bunch of symbols on my keyboard you may not even know existed.
    Alright, I found my new in-post signature.

~ çÇ

[/frenchjerk]
    ... I also like that. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Lanaya View Post
    (Plus everyone else who replied to me and said somewhat similar things.)

It did make sense - to me at least. I guess I'm a bit cautious about going too far on the LGBT activism thing, I've seen far too many people who end up discriminating against everyone who isn't part of whichever minority they belong to. *sigh* Sadly, discrimination and prejudice are pretty much built in to the human brain, and it's almost impossible to not end up doing that, at least a little.
    I know what you mean... *Hugs*

First world trans* problems:
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

(I've had this happen. >.> )
    *Hugs!*

So many good points.

HELL YA!

*Hugs* I'm glad it went well.

~Bianca
    Last edited by Arachu; 2012-04-13 at 06:08 PM.
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

23. - Top - End - #53

Also jealous. How does that even work?
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

24. - Top - End - #54

*hugs everybody*

After having visited my parents during Easter (and the weekdays after it), I've brought with me three stuffed animals I made in sloyd lessons as a kid: a "space worm" (crochet), "Egon the Snake" (sewed), and a "teddy rat" (sewed). "Teddy" refers to the material used (it's the words used in the blue print, not my own), though I guess there's nod toward teddy bears. I'm tempted to claim that the rat is a desert rat and name it Montgomery.

Please don't make references to Freud.
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

25. - Top - End - #55

So...uh...
    Has anyone else developed a crush on Colin Ferguson after his work with Eureka?
    Spoiler
    Show

I mean, look at that face. @_@
    Isn't it just handsome?
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh god the thread has my name on it! DXD

Newthreadsayswhat? Hugageddon! >:3

~Bianca
    Best reaction right there! *joins chain hug explosion*

Also I think I'm gonna stick with the line in my sig. I wrote it and I'm very fond of it, and it's quite me. If not, I might stick the Pisces symbol as the end.

Edit: @^ wow. That's pretty attractive!
    Last edited by supernerd; 2012-04-13 at 07:53 PM.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    So...uh...
    Has anyone else developed a crush on Colin Ferguson after his work with Eureka?
    Spoiler
    Show

I mean, look at that face. @_@
    Isn't it just handsome?
    He's more like "the guy I identify with".

Still not quite sure what "types"/preferences I have with men. ._.
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

HELL YA!

Congratulations! I'm really glad it worked out for you.

Also a good plan. I'd be okay with swimming alongside a lifeboat, since I'm a pretty okay swimmer but I tire so easily because of the fatigue. Someone would have to keep an eye on me!
    Yes, it's best to be cautious. Could you imagine if anything bad happened that day?
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2012-04-13 at 08:22 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lanaya View Post
    Just saw this, which was all heartwarming and lovely and such.

But...

Then I realised that reading about a traditional wedding between straight, cis people wouldn't affect me in the slightest. That none of that warm fuzzy feeling, none of the 'awwww, that's so sweet' would have come up. That I would in fact have been terribly bored by the whole thing and closed the tab within seconds. Even a non-traditional wedding with xkcd, dogs and such wouldn't have made me anywhere near as happy if it were between straight cis people. And that's a bit worrying, because what makes their love for each other less heartwarming, less sweet and adorable and all other such things? And now that I'm typing this, I've realised that the squee-inducing picture Astrella linked recently is the same; had it involved a straight couple it just wouldn't have interested me that much.

I'm not sure if I'm going anywhere with this, but it distresses me somewhat.
    Marriage is commonplace. Love happens. That's known.
    When love triumphs is when one celebrates.

Certainly, the hook was how out of place one would think the marriage would be. But that's not really a problem; if they had no trouble getting married, they wouldn't need your support. So it balances out at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Sounds like everything that my cat does.
    Cats are fun.

Also, I adore your current avatar. I've always thought it was neat, but something about the attitudes, lines and curves appeals to my sense of aesthetics.*

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Thorn? It's þonn thank you very much.
    Tomayto, tomahto, Spain, Hispania.
    Really my only regret is learning that my phone doesn't thin Hispania is a word. Any device which says "ur" is a word but doesn't recognize "colour" has lost my respect.

Yahoo!Answers and YouTube comments have this magical power of bringing out the worst, ignorant, illiterate people and giving them a place of seeming-power for which to spout terrible things.

Good luck! Fortune ever favors the bold.

My thoughts on the matter, too. Two issues arise immediately though. The suction of the boat going down will pull you in if you aren't far enough out, which makes a sinking ship intoa time bomb that detonates at around 2:47 on the countdown. The second is, from memory, the water temperature is what really gets you. And I am unfortunately, desert-bred, and begin freezing in around 37C / 65F.

Another, more emergent issue for me is that I am terrible at endurance swimming. I'd have to gun for a lifeboat post-haste and hang off the edge for a while ><

Tangential:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bounds of my jealousy are as uncharted as the mythic deeps.

HELL YA!

Good stuff!

Now that I thought about it, I think I was referring to a greater-than-or-equal-to-sign... How I got a vertical line out of that I do not know.
    I though so, but figured I was misreading it. Especially seeing all the typos that made it through my sleep-addled filters...

That symbol reminds me of an LED for some reason.
    Aw, dang. Cannot unsee.

I'm the one that typed it and even I know what you mean. Either I should've gotten more sleep then or I should now (probably both). @_@
    No, you were right.

[Length]
    Spoiler
    Show
    the trouble is that, on the surface, suh an argument feels about the same as saying "if you stop having a problem with things, there won't be a problem anymore."

On the one ho... Haha, I am reintegrating the patterns, neat. On the one hand, it's true; If you are monogymous then any self-defining feature which requires you to be unfaithful - and for a lot of people, it seems, looking, thinking, wondering are all signs of unfaithful behavior if not unfaithful behaviors in themselves - would probably be best. That's what is meant by meeting in the middle, and putting the relationship first. Any of your wants which get in the way of the relationship's needs are generally considered fair sacrifices for the greater good.

On the other hand though, self definition is important. People should never sacrifice themselves to their relationship. At what point is it self-destructive? at what point would the constraints of fidelity become sort of a passive-aggressive lock on the proverbial closet? There is a lot of societal and social pressure to have the Perfect Relationship. I find it rather unhealthy myself.

How does one balance these? By their nature they are two separate, equally important issues. But because thy come up together, they are put on the same scale, made mutually exclusive. Any amount of self definition becomes an argument for that much less relationship, and vice versa. The 'correct' answer in my eyes is to view a relationship as more than its sum, such that the better off the individuals, the stronger the relationship is. Two well-defined, confident people in a relationship should still have an equally stable, valid and loving relationship, but the common associations with self and loving seem to arbitrate this... This capacity, from which one draws their worth. If one partner draws too much worth it legislates less worth onto the other person.

It feels like that whole Stormwind fallacy is applied to love by society at large

*So many hugs* I don't think I get those, but I get so many scares... I shave everywhere south of my eyebrows.
    I have the strangest hair. Unlike most curly hair, it is incredibly thick, and also durable. Unlike most thick hair, it is incredibly curly. Hair curls because the follicle is eliptical; the more oval the hole, the more he hair bends as it is passed through. Thick hair isn't supposed to curl nearly as much... And yet it does. A trimmed lock once survived almost 48 hours immersed in hydrogen peroxide, as opposed to the less than 24 of all my classmates...

I'm inordinately proud of my hair, too. It's apparently an Irish trait, which is somewhat awkard to bring up due to past discussions with KenderWizard (;P) but that made my day when I was a wee sprat. Up until this whole facial hair thing; it works rather well. It looks good. But it feels terribly unhygienic. And recently, I have never felt quite so ugly as when waking up, rolling over, and having mustache hairs bristle against my pillow

I'm remarkably vain, considering how unkempt I am.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Banned

I think you can change your phone to British English, in which it would recognize words with extraneous letters as being acceptable.

~