New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    It's so true! Tea is hospitality. But that doesn't mean we don't have time to also drink a lot of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    That actually sounds quite nice, maybe-No, Kenderveak, don't give in!

*Dramatic internal struggle*

Wait, why am I fighting the side with reason, amazingness and happy funs? I like reasonable amazing fun stuff! :3
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    You should go drinking with Icelanders we do weird logic jumps all the time while drunk.
    I've always thought that Irish people have to be able to hold it together when drinking phenomenal amounts of alcohol, or otherwise the country would grind to a halt. But I would love to go drinking with Icelanders!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    I'm sorta on the other end; I'm bothered by the "we're just like you" argument, because that shouldn't make any difference. Whether or not I deserve to be treated as a human has nothing to do with the way I dress, act, present myself or anything. Iunno, just the fact that there's sometimes this general drive to present as LGBT+ as just a variant of the whole nuclear family just seems to be kicking quite a few people in the dust. (I trailed of into generalities, this isn't really directed at you.)

I think the main thing is that LGBT+ is so diverse that you can't really pick certain archetypes to represent it; it's much to varied for that. And promoting certain narratives does a lot more harm than it does good. (Something I've seen far to often among trans* people, both externally and internally.)
    I agree with this.

To compare to feminism (sorry!): we don't actually want you to accept women are equal because we're "just like men". You should accept women are equal because women are equal! Whether they conform to the often masculine-coded things our culture values (being stoic, working long hours outside the home, boy-colours, being technologically adept) or lean towards the feminine-coded things our culture often doesn't value (showing emotion, doing work as a carer, pink, being skilled at fabric crafts). And while we're at it, how about we start valuing feminine-coded things, and stop gender-coding things that don't actually need to be coded.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

I guarantee there is a tourist somewhere who would not only most likely die of privation (doubtless a stone's throw away from someplace with free room and board) but who could also paint the lush jungles of Ireland as a terrifying labyrinth.

I grew up in southern California, so we had coyote-things, snakes, lizards who would try to bite off your fingers but didn't have any real teeth, swarms of ants like mobile rugs... But mostly we had to look out for the giant scorpions. They stopped attacking once we got our population up, but on the occasional caravan trip to fetch more life-sustaining water from one of the few oases, some young'n innevitably got snatched up and stolen away to languish in the caverns and feed the young. Occasionally the scorpions would abscond with a musician, who survived by soothing them and becoming part if their colony. It is said he who hears eerie music in a sandstorm is being called by the scorpions, and if you bring a Sheep's mandible into the dunes you can trade it for treasures untold.

The sheep has a mandibular structure best suited for an arachnid-pleasing flute, you see.

On the topic of Ireland, we don't go in for lush jungles. More like little copses of trees. Small hills, fields, some ... bigger fields. Old fields that aren't farmed anymore. Lone trees. Limestone. I suppose you could go out and deliberately ignore any houses or people and determinedly starve yourself to death, but it'd be really likely, as you wither away under the careless eye of some sheep that a farmer would come up to you and be all "Howreya? All right there? Starving yourself, is it? Sure it's always drama with the tourists. Givus a shout if you want a cup of tea while you're at it, you mad bastard."

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I guess if I move to the UK I'll need to bring a few bears with me.
    I like you, Nope, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're only talking about England, Wales, Scotland or Norn Ireland. Ireland, the Republic of, is not a part of the UK.

It's only a Cell Bio exam on cell membranes, cell signalling, and cytoskeletons. I'll be fine. Definitely good luck to you, though. Nine papers and an exam. Dang.
    It's quite a bit! They're all exams, though. Most of the first nine are just essay exams where you have to write two (or three) essays is an hour and a half. You usually get a choice of two out of four, but you don't know the topics that will come up beforehand. The last one is a practical exam where we get actual rocks to look at and a map to write about.

I'm the half of us who admits that we're assimilating you.
    Dammit Nope!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    Nuclear family doesn't require a male and female parent.

~
    Honey, that's the point. People are worrying that we're saying 'No nuclear families CAN be gay/queer/whatever!', and not saying 'you know what *%£@ nuclear families, do what you like'. [/incoherentexplanation]
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    It's so true! Tea is hospitality. But that doesn't mean we don't have time to also drink a lot of alcohol.
    I like tea. It goes well with puzzles.

I like you, Nope, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're only talking about England, Wales, Scotland or Norn Ireland. Ireland, the Republic of, is not a part of the UK.
    Oh bugger. I forgot, I'm sorry. OTL
    Does "British Isles" work? Or "Ireland/the UK"?

It's quite a bit! They're all exams, though. Most of the first nine are just essay exams where you have to write two (or three) essays in an hour and a half. You usually get a choice of two out of four, but you don't know the topics that will come up beforehand. The last one is a practical exam where we get actual rocks to look at and a map to write about.
    Whoa. I suppose that's better (in my opinion) than nine papers, because they tend to be less strict about proper essay formatting on exam essay questions. And what do you do with these rocks and map?

Dammit Nope!
    :b

Now I don't want to get too political here, but I got an email regarding the Defense of Marriage Act from one of those sites that does petitions to the US government. Anyway, what I wanted to share was its options for gender and sexual orientation:
    Quote Originally Posted by Survey Drop-down boxes
    -Woman
    -Woman/Transgender MtF
    -Man/Transgender FtM
    -Genderqueer
    -Prefer not to say

Sexual Orientation:
    -Lesbian
    -Gay
    -Bisexual
    -Straight/Heterosexual
    -Queer
    -Other
    -Prefer not to say
    I'd say that's not too bad. I'm just mildly put out that I'm still being lumped into an "other".
    Jude P.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Because there were people here who wanted a transplanted uterus (hello Lix ):

So I was contacted by a young trans woman who believed I knew something about the uterus transplantation project. She had contacted prof. Brännström and he was too busy for a long conversation but said that it was a clinical possibility to do a uterus transplant to a trans woman (if the proper donors could be found, etc.) She'd have to rely on donated oocytes, however. But he also said that it was an advantage to have semen stored since we may one day be able to turn sperm cells into oocytes. Personally I wouldn't hold my breath on that last part, but he knows more about the field than I do.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

I
    Now I don't want to get too political here, but I got an email regarding the Defense of Marriage Act from one of those sites that does petitions to the US government. Anyway, what I wanted to share was its options for gender and sexual orientation:

I'd say that's not too bad. I'm just mildly put out that I'm still being lumped into an "other".
    Right erm what's the difference between queer and gay? Also aren't lesbians gay?
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

6. - Top - End - #816

Right erm what's the difference between queer and gay? Also aren't lesbians gay?
    Queer means any non-heterosexual orientation, I believe. And yeah, that's a good question; it could just say "Homosexual" instead of having two options for homosexuality, based on personal gender.
    Jude P.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

@Asta: Good to know.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh bugger. I forgot, I'm sorry. OTL
    Does "British Isles" work? Or "Ireland/the UK"?
    Yeah, either of those works! I don't really like the way these two big islands plus all the little ones are called the "British Isles", because, y'know, not Britain over here! But it is their geographical name so I suppose I can't blame you for it! I usually use, and I think most Irish people use, "Ireland and the UK". (I imagine British people would be more inclined to go for "the UK and Ireland" )

Whoa. I suppose that's better (in my opinion) than nine papers, because they tend to be less strict about proper essay formatting on exam essay questions. And what do you do with these rocks and map?
    Okay, there's 32 mineral specimens, 15 rock specimens, and a made-up map with locations marked. The locations are pretending to be where the 15 rock specimens came from (the map is imaginary, but geologically possible).

In the first part, you name and give the mineral formula for each of the 32 minerals. For example, you pick up a mineral, it's hexagonal, transparent and can't be scraped by a blade - it's quartz! Write down "quartz, SiO2". Next one is purpleish red, also very hard, maybe cubic-ish: garnet, (Fe,Mg)3Al2Si3O12. Gold-coloured imperfect rhombic dodecahedron? Pyrite, FeS. Brownish flakes? Biotite, K(Mg,Fe)3AlSi3O10(OH)2. Basically, we have to know like 50 to 100 chemical formulae plus be able to recognise the mineral.

Then in the second part, you look at the 15 rocks and describe them. "This is a banded mid-to-coarse grained rock, dominantly pink in colour. Grains appear to be mainly quartz, with some feldspars. Pink is likely due to the presence of iron. Small grains of pyrite are visible in bands. This is a banded arkose sandstone." And you look at the map and describe a likely geological history. "The basaltic lava flows are overlying the sandstones, but both are offset by the fault. The sandstones were deposited first, then the lava was the result of volcanic activity. Later, the succession was faulted."

Describing this is making me nervous.

That's not bad at all. An "asexual" option would have been nice, since it's not that rare, but it's a good try!

So I was contacted by a young trans woman who believed I knew something about the uterus transplantation project. She had contacted prof. Brännström and he was too busy for a long conversation but said that it was a clinical possibility to do a uterus transplant to a trans woman (if the proper donors could be found, etc.) She'd have to rely on donated oocytes, however. But he also said that it was an advantage to have semen stored since we may one day be able to turn sperm cells into oocytes. Personally I wouldn't hold my breath on that last part, but he knows more about the field than I do.
    That sounds very interesting and promising!

Queer is definitely a more general term. Some people identify as queer rather than as specifically "gay" or "bi" or whatever. And I agree that "homosexual" would have made more sense than putting in the gendered options. I think some people (some places?) use "gay" to only mean man-on-man-love, so maybe that's why they put in lesbian as well.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

9. - Top - End - #819

Yeah, either of those works! I don't really like the way these two big islands plus all the little ones are called the "British Isles", because, y'know, not Britain over here! But it is their geographical name so I suppose I can't blame you for it! I usually use, and I think most Irish people use, "Ireland and the UK". (I imagine British people would be more inclined to go for "the UK and Ireland" )
    I will be sure to remember to explicitly include Ireland as a separate and far superior entity in the future.

Okay, there's 32 mineral specimens, 15 rock specimens, and a made-up map with locations marked. The locations are pretending to be where the 15 rock specimens came from (the map is imaginary, but geologically possible).

In the first part, you name and give the mineral formula for each of the 32 minerals. For example, you pick up a mineral, it's hexagonal, transparent and can't be scraped by a blade - it's quartz! Write down "quartz, SiO2". Next one is purpleish red, also very hard, maybe cubic-ish: garnet, (Fe,Mg)3Al2Si3O12. Gold-coloured imperfect rhombic dodecahedron? Pyrite, FeS. Brownish flakes? Biotite, K(Mg,Fe)3AlSi3O10(OH)2. Basically, we have to know like 50 to 100 chemical formulae plus be able to recognise the mineral.

Then in the second part, you look at the 15 rocks and describe them. "This is a banded mid-to-coarse grained rock, dominantly pink in colour. Grains appear to be mainly quartz, with some feldspars. Pink is likely due to the presence of iron. Small grains of pyrite are visible in bands. This is a banded arkose sandstone." And you look at the map and describe a likely geological history. "The basaltic lava flows are overlying the sandstones, but both are offset by the fault. The sandstones were deposited first, then the lava was the result of volcanic activity. Later, the succession was faulted."

Describing this is making me nervous.
    Whoa. That sounds like a lot, but it also sounds fun. I'm sure you'll do fine!

That's not bad at all. An "asexual" option would have been nice, since it's not that rare, but it's a good try!

That sounds very interesting and promising!

Queer is definitely a more general term. Some people identify as queer rather than as specifically "gay" or "bi" or whatever. And I agree that "homosexual" would have made more sense than putting in the gendered options. I think some people (some places?) use "gay" to only mean man-on-man-love, so maybe that's why they put in lesbian as well.
    I know that around here if I say "gay" to refer to a woman I'll get an odd look but they'll usually let it pass.
    Jude P.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    This is unrelated, but I have a quick story- I've started training my voice to be able to be less baritone and more feminine. Normally, I do this while I'm in the car driving to and from work, since it's about forty minutes each way. Today, my father was home when I got back, and as I got out of the car, he asked me how my day went. I forgot to switch voices when I told him it was fine. Thankfully, I thought quickly, and just cleared my throat and acted like my voice had just cracked.
    *Hugs* That was quick thinking~

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    It seems the 12 armed hug shuts down all parts of the brain except the parts relating to hugs...rendering the huggee in a coma like hug state.

Who wants one next :D
    I do. >.< *crosses her arms all tantrum-y*

You should combine tea and alcohol, it'll save you time.

I agree with this.

To compare to feminism (sorry!): we don't actually want you to accept women are equal because we're "just like men". You should accept women are equal because women are equal! Whether they conform to the often masculine-coded things our culture values (being stoic, working long hours outside the home, boy-colours, being technologically adept) or lean towards the feminine-coded things our culture often doesn't value (showing emotion, doing work as a carer, pink, being skilled at fabric crafts). And while we're at it, how about we start valuing feminine-coded things, and stop gender-coding things that don't actually need to be coded.
    Exactly. Highlighting differences is not the way to get people to be more accepting of them.

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Those are great! Especially the brain one, HRS as a super-serum sounds like a fun metaphor.

That is sad, although I am glad that awareness is spreading enough for there to be at least one student in there who knew how transphobic it was. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    And what's so great about being human that it deserves special treatment? Isn't being sapient enough?
    It is the ninjas, nobody wants to argue superiority with the species that produced ninjas. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    This is absolutely fascinating - current theories on the neurological causes of transsexuality. I kinda want to know what my brain looks like now.
    Ooh, I must watch that from the beginning of #1! @_@/:ClearlyInsane:

Thanks for linking it, though. Even if it will destroy my free time. ^_^'

Could MRIs see that? I wonder if they could make a way to research brains without needing the patient to be deceased. ^_^

It seems the 12 armed hug shuts down all parts of the brain except the parts relating to hugs...rendering the huggee in a coma like hug state.

Who wants one next :D
    Me! Pick me! I want to see the hugvana!

According to what I have read, the Scotland-England-Wales island is Great Britain, so presumably there is either a Tiny Britain or all the Isles form(ed) a collective Britain!

Is Tiny Britain populated by pixies? :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

It's probably more likely to be pictsies than pixies.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-04-26 at 01:41 PM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey, so yesterday I had my End of Course Assessment(ECA testing) for indiana's English 10. That day was the writing prompt. It was about laws making voting mandatory, well, whether we should have them. I pretty much went off, and had an extra body paragraph, and these were a good 200-250+ words each on a timed essay with an average of like six and a half characters, so I'm really proud of it. Especially for a timed essay, and it was actually good too! Not my usual fail timed crap.

In it we were told to use persuasive examples from our personal experiences, general observations, and other things. One of my examples was that my friend Bianca likes to make sure she can make educated voting descisions so she can help with issues close to home. Sorry if I was misrepresenting you, Bianca.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

14. - Top - End - #824

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Hey, so yesterday I had my End of Course Assessment(ECA testing) for indiana's English 10. That day was the writing prompt. It was about laws making voting mandatory, well, whether we should have them. I pretty much went off, and had an extra body paragraph, and these were a good 200-250+ words each on a timed essay with an average of like six and a half characters, so I'm really proud of it. Especially for a timed essay, and it was actually good too! Not my usual fail timed crap.

In it we were told to use persuasive examples from our personal experiences, general observations, and other things. One of my examples was that my friend Bianca likes to make sure she can make educated voting descisions so she can help with issues close to home. Sorry if I was misrepresenting you, Bianca.
    Nah, that's pretty much how I look at things. n.n

... When I'm not thinking about clothes, or cute boys (and/or girls).

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Nah, that's pretty much how I look at things. n.n

... When I'm not thinking about clothes, or cute boys (and/or girls).

~Bianca
    Well you are officially a personal experience of mine, congratulations. And I'm glad I was accurate. I also made the analogy of right to vote to marital rights saying that not every Caucasian man from California or New York will marry an African American man because he has the right to both interracial and same sex marriage. But I did make sure to balance the genders of my pronouns, which I was glad I had done reflexively and didn't need to edit them.

And girl, I think about clothes as much as I need to, ie when shopping or getting dressed, and about cute boys all the time (though I don't get boobs, and the closest thing to thinking about cute girls is ranting at my friends' boobs about how I don't get what makes them attractive, I mean sure large breasts are a symbol of fertility, but...).
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

That trans woman I told you about. I'm trying to get her to come here so she can meet other LGBTA people in a friendly environment. So if she decides to pop in y'all be nice to her, ok?

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

According to what I have read, the Scotland-England-Wales island is Great Britain, so presumably there is either a Tiny Britain or all the Isles form(ed) a collective Britain!

England, Scotland and Wales form Great Britain. Add Northern Ireland and you get the United Kingdom. Then add the rest of Ireland and all the little islands and such and you get the British Isles.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

18. - Top - End - #828

That trans woman I told you about. I'm trying to get her to come here so she can meet other LGBTA people in a friendly environment. So if she decides to pop in y'all be nice to her, ok?
    Are coma hugs OK? :D

Also, on the whole transplant thing. What about the things needed for the baby, like the placenta and stuff. Do those develop normally?
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

My girlfriend's a Fine Arts student, and we've just come up with an awesome idea. Over summer, she'd like to use me as a model to make a project on gender and gender expression!

Dunno if this is going to happen or not, but it sounds like fun if it does!
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

About the uterus thingy we aren't that far away from being able to clone organs so I wouldn't be surprised that if shortly after the uterus transplanty and the sperm to eggs thingy are ready to be used we would be able to just make a new uterus.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

21. - Top - End - #831
    Barbarian in the Playground

I know i'm late to the party (Noes!), but I finally got around to looking at these

1) Awesome. I hope so.

2) This is great and true.

3)

Reads
    Is stunned by the dumb
    Reads Again
    Why? But- how?
    And one more to be sure

"Ladyboy?" What is that? What even is that?

Honestly aside from the blatant ignorance, insensitivity, and crowd-baiting, the worst thing about this is that this is a man who is supposed to, I assume, be teaching a college course on these sorts of issues. Heck, I went to a nominally Catholic college, and I think there were more knowledgeable and understanding people on the subject there than this nincompoop. If that lesson did not feature a final statement explaining exactly how easily the class had been led down this path of willful and callous stupidity, then there are no words for the level of failure occurring here. This would be like an East Asia "expert" stating that Japan and China are "basically the same country." NNNNNGGGHH!

Ok, after a few deep breaths, I'm better.

All of this talk about college and high school/equivalent essays makes me feel really distressingly old. Hope they go well for everyone!
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

22. - Top - End - #832
    Titan in the Playground

"Ladyboy?" What is that? What even is that?
    Not actually necessarily a term of abuse. It's a translation of a Thai term, and it's a pretty big subculture over there.
    Last edited by Heliomance; 2012-04-26 at 05:10 PM.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #833

Also, on the whole transplant thing. What about the things needed for the baby, like the placenta and stuff. Do those develop normally?
    I wanna coma-hug... *pouts*

We'll see what we can do...

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not actually necessarily a term of abuse. It's a translation of a Thai term, and it's a pretty big subculture over there.
    Oh, well, just let me wash this egg off of my face. Guess I just figured it would be worse from the general tone of the whole thing.
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

(Is terrible with human anatomy)

Is that not a part of the uterus? If not, I'd assume it's a part of the transplant itself. The woman the surgery was performed on didn't have a placenta, either.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, well, just let me wash this egg off of my face. Guess I just figured it would be worse from the general tone of the whole thing.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, it was being used as a term of abuse in that lecture. But yeah, the term isn't inherently perjorative.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

My girlfriend's a Fine Arts student, and we've just come up with an awesome idea. Over summer, she'd like to use me as a model to make a project on gender and gender expression!

Dunno if this is going to happen or not, but it sounds like fun if it does!
    I'd be really interested in seeing what she does with you.

Or possibly a phrase that makes me sound like less of a voyeur. >.>

28. - Top - End - #838

I wanna coma-hug... *pouts*
    ~Bianca
    BRACE YOURSELF! *Hugs*
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

29. - Top - End - #839

BRACE YOURSELF! *Hugs*
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay~ ^_^

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

The placenta is partly formed from the uterus but most of it comes from the baby. So that wouldn't be a problem. You'd have to have a modified SRS, because you want somewhere for uterine wall to exit when you menstruate. Yes, the joys of PMS would now be available for trans women.

― Tim Fargo