New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1467
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Are you sure they might not be bisexual and teases? From the sound of things, that sounds likely.

Anyway, Britian is apparently the most LGBT friendly place in Europe/russia, which is why I was asking how it compared with America.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    Are you sure they might not be bisexual and teases? From the sound of things, that sounds likely.

Anyway, Britian is apparently the most LGBT friendly place in Europe/russia, which is why I was asking how it compared with America.
    The thing about the US is that it varies a lot depending on what state and county you live in and were born in. You can't really think of the US as one region in terms of LGBT rights. For example, in the state I live in, it's illegal for someone to deny me a job based on my gender identity, but in many other states there's no legal protection for transgender people. Gay rights are in a similar position.

As for how friendly the people are? Again, that varies quite a lot. I'm comfortable being openly trans where I live, but there are a lot of places where I wouldn't be, and might worry for my safety (that's not to say that my safety isn't a concern now, I'm just not in a place where it always has to be at the forefront of my mind).
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-05-13 at 04:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    I don't like all this resentment towards barsexuals. I myself am barsexual, and am only attracted to bars, pubs, and minifridges. :3

~
    As I am pansexual, finding pans, pots, and other kitched appliances to be damn smexy.

On the subject of the UK rights, apparently it was a criminal offense to have sexual relations with another man, as a man. For women? Bah! Clearly that's sexy, not evil!

But really, that's kind of... Disturbing.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-05-13 at 04:57 PM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    As I am pansexual, finding pans, pots, and other kitched appliances to be damn smexy.

On the subject of the UK rights, apparently it was a criminal offense to have sexual relations with another man, as a man. For women? Bah! Clearly that's sexy, not evil!

That probably has more to do with women's sexuality just not being considered existing.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Banned

What's a women sexuality?

~

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

~
    That's a thing?
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-05-13 at 05:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

~
    *shrugs* No clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Avengers was the best of the Marvel movies yet. Damn was that good. Also I'm with Kender on shipping Thor and Loki. Some of the moments they had in that movie, they looked really hot together.
    My favorite of the characters is Tony Stark as played by Downey, though.
    And I don't get the hype on Scarlett Johansen the internet is making. She's not particularly attractive (in my opinion), and her character is too meh/too reinforcing of gender stereotypes. I mean, her "superpower" is being seductive/manipulative.
    Jude P.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    The Avengers was the best of the Marvel movies yet. Damn was that good. Also I'm with Kender on shipping Thor and Loki. Some of the moments they had in that movie, they looked really hot together.
    My favorite of the characters is Tony Stark as played by Downey, though.
    And I don't get the hype on Scarlett Johansen the internet is making. She's not particularly attractive (in my opinion), and her character is too meh/too reinforcing of gender stereotypes. I mean, her "superpower" is being seductive/manipulative.
    Eeeeeee!

Further discussion spoilered for ... actually for spoilers! Wow. I don't think I've ever used that function for that before.
    Spoiler
    Show

To address your other points; RDJ's Stark is a tour de force. He manages the overwhelming arrogance without coming off as unlikable.

I've had some troubles with Black Widow. It seems comic books and comic book movies have a huge problem making women awesome and hot without making them super-sexualised. (See also: rest of world.) I had misgivings about her super-lying-powers.

On the other hand, DAYUM. Ahem. I find it hard to argue against Scarlett Johansson in a catsuit, so there's that. I'm glad she was lying as opposed to actually emotionally vulnerable, in both cases. I think things were greatly helped by a few things: that she was extremely competent in a fight, that she saved Hawkeye by physically taking him down, that there was no explicit "Pair the girl off!" romance (although there were Tasha/Clint hints, frankly, they were less obvious than the presumably unintentional Thor/Loki ones ). Really, on the scale of superhero, comic or action movies, she's a pretty strong character.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Spoiler
    Show

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love that! That's the traditional boobs-and-butt pose, struck by females, usually in comics, when the artist/photographer couldn't choose. There are some really ridiculous examples in comics, since anatomy obviously comes in way behind sex appeal. You know, for people who are really into contortionists and/or women with broken spines? At least Black Widow's is humanly possible (since she is actually a human).

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, I think given the subject matter, film type and original source, the crew on the Avengers movie did a pretty reasonable job on female characters. I'm not saying it was an objectively good movie for female characters, but within the rather restrictive confines it wasn't too bad. It was no GI Joe, for instance...
    Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    I genuinely time my bathroom breaks in the cinema when watching Avengers to when I know Thor won't be on screen for 90 seconds. (I can run to the bathroom, use it, and back in about 60 seconds, but WHAT IF I TRIP AND MISS SOME THOR?!)
    Did you know there's a website just for the best times for a loo break during a movie?
    Here you go.
    I also don't like when people talk down "barsexuals" because it's pretty slut-shaming. Women (much like any other class of people) are allowed do what they like (as and with consenting adults), with or without other women, with or without "real" attraction, and with or without "ulterior motives". It's all cool.
    Indeed!
    Also, if Thor and Loki made out at a bar to attract the attention of women, I have to say, empirically, it would be EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL, based on my sample size of one.
    <.<
    >.>
    Spoiler
    Show

...>.>
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I dunno, that one for Iron Man?

But this is the one time I'd avoid Thor. Not exactly liking that squat.

14. - Top - End - #1364

I like that Black Widow seems to give the "Guys? What the heck are are you doing?" look in the lower image.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I'm considering another name change.

I had a talk with my mum last night about gender and feelings and names and such, and she doesn't like the name that I've chosen. As the whole reason I chose it is that it's a derivative of the name I'd have had if I'd been born a girl, and I don't want to feel like I'm rejecting my parents by rejecting their name, this is something I'm taking seriously. She pointed out that there's no way I'm going to get the extended family calling me by it, as it's such a complete change from my birth name. She offered an alternative, derivative of my birth name, and I'd be happy to use it. The trouble is, if I change again, less than three months after starting trying to get people to call me by a different name, am I going to come across as ridiculously fickle? And are people going to give up in disgust, if I can't even make up my mind what to call myself?
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I say, try as many names as you want until you find one you like.

I like the suggestion that you should say "This is the name mother picked for me".

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Is it bad that I ended up hating all of the actors in the movie because they look nothing like the mythological characters (Sif is blonde, Thor's a redhead, etc)?
    They addressed that in the comic books, by making the mythological Norse gods (red-headed Thor etc) a previous reincarnation of the Asgardians (blonde Thor etc).

Dating:

Spoiler
    Show
    If a hypothetical lady at my age contacted me on a dating site and said on PM or chat "I want to take French lessons with you", I think I would jump at the chance.

But when a guy does that, all kinds of warning signals are making noises inside me. *le sigh*

Gendered clothes:

Spoiler
    Show
    So... Some cisgender guys have a kink of getting dressed up in lady clothes (usually a "French maid" uniform) by a lady, for the purpose of getting humiliated. Some times they want the lady to insult them with female-gendered insults.

I'm not judging them. If they enjoy that, good for them!

The thing is... I can see myself dressed up in "typical" lady clothes by another lady. Especially if I could be dressed so I would pass. But I wouldn't see that as humiliating. If she would get turned on by hurling insults at me, I might allow her, but that wouldn't turn me on.

I'm not sure what to think about this.

PS. Saw a guy dressed in a pink skirt and tights/longjohns (the latter with camouflage patterns) at the bus station two-three weeks ago. I almost told him that he looked good/cute in that skirt, but I wasn't sure he would take it...

So I didn't. Just one more thing I'm regretting.
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

@ Rawhide & Serpentine: I had a conversation with a friend about how you can tell when at certain moments you can just feel all the fan fics that will be written about that moment.

In other news: went to the Starkid Apocalyptour, and at the meet and greet I got to put my arm around the waist of several attractive men (and women, but I can't really tell if they are attractive). That was really fun, and I had some pretty creepy moments, but there have probably been people that have done worse. Basically I felt the abs of Joe Walker from the side as my arm was around his waist, and then commented on there firmness even when he wasn't flexing. His abs are famous among Starkids. That and I called one guy(Joey Richter) hot, as in we all got a hug and as I came away from mine I said, "you're so hot!" he was really cool about it though. And he was like "hey," in a what-are-you-thinking way and then he say my ****-did-I-just-say-that face and genuinely said, "Thanks bud," and poked my nose (well it was more of a downward flick type thing but poke is the closest word)

And I saw the Avengers this evening.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Banned

Aw, that's a shame! Make sure you're sitting down, since I know this one's a shocker, but the Marvel movies are not trying for an accurate representation of Norse mythology! They're going for fun, mostly, and accuracy towards the comics (Thor is blonde and Sif has long black hair in the comics, so you could blame the comic artists rather than the actors at least! ). I don't mean to say you have to like them, or that that opinion isn't valid, you're free to be annoyed about whatever you choose, it's just not something that bothers me!
    *falls over*

Ach! Should have sat >>;

I also don't like when people talk down "barsexuals" because it's pretty slut-shaming. Women (much like any other class of people) are allowed do what they like (as and with consenting adults), with or without other women, with or without "real" attraction, and with or without "ulterior motives". It's all cool.

Also, one time, my partner got really drunk and kissed another dude, and it was kinda hot. And ridiculous.
    While I disagree with Triacuitable's presentation, perhaps more strongly than Nix (though much less coherently), I think what he is getting at is that duplicity of any nature sours the whole thing for him.

Also, if Thor and Loki made out at a bar to attract the attention of women, I have to say, empirically, it would be EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL, based on my sample size of one.
    I don't know. I mean, I can kinda see it but their features, they don't look good together at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

Happens here in the states too. The majority of the country has laws against non-missionary/non-heteronormative sexual acts. But they can't really be enforced, so most people ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    <.<
    >.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    ... Huh guess I've been corrected. That's... 3 now I think, KW.

...>.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's like watching me make out with myself o__O

[QUOTE=H Birchgrove;13224448]
    Dating:

Spoiler
    Show
    If a hypothetical lady at my age contacted me on a dating site and said on PM or chat "I want to take French lessons with you", I think I would jump at the chance.

But when a guy does that, all kinds of warning signals are making noises inside me. *le sigh*

Whyso?

Gendered clothes:

Spoiler
    Show
    So... Some cisgender guys have a kink of getting dressed up in lady clothes (usually a "French maid" uniform) by a lady, for the purpose of getting humiliated. Some times they want the lady to insult them with female-gendered insults.

The thing is... I can see myself dressed up in "typical" lady clothes by another lady. Especially if I could be dressed so I would pass. But I wouldn't see that as humiliating. If she would get turned on by hurling insults at me, I might allow her, but that wouldn't turn me on.

PS. Saw a guy dressed in a pink skirt and tights/longjohns (the latter with camouflage patterns) at the bus station two-three weeks ago. I almost told him that he looked good/cute in that skirt, but I wasn't sure he would take it...

Hmm. Wanna comment but I'm not sure I can keep it forum safe. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    In other news: went to the Starkid Apocalyptour, and at the meet and greet I got to put my arm around the waist of several attractive men (and women, but I can't really tell if they are attractive). That was really fun, and I had some pretty creepy moments, but there have probably been people that have done worse. Basically I felt the abs of Joe Walker from the side as my arm was around his waist, and then commented on there firmness even when he wasn't flexing. His abs are famous among Starkids. That and I called one guy(Joey Richter) hot, as in we all got a hug and as I came away from mine I said, "you're so hot!" he was really cool about it though. And he was like "hey," in a what-are-you-thinking way and then he say my ****-did-I-just-say-that face and genuinely said, "Thanks bud," and poked my nose (well it was more of a downward flick type thing but poke is the closest word)

And I saw the Avengers this evening.
    Your super power is having adorable moments.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

@ Rawhide & Serpentine:
    Hey, don't bring me into the shipping/slash/fanfiction. My photo was just a commentary on the poses!

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I think given the subject matter, film type and original source, the crew on the Avengers movie did a pretty reasonable job on female characters. I'm not saying it was an objectively good movie for female characters, but within the rather restrictive confines it wasn't too bad. It was no GI Joe, for instance...

Did you know there's a website just for the best times for a loo break during a movie?
    Here you go.

Indeed!

<.<
    >.>
    Spoiler
    Show

...>.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh. Oh my! Well here I am getting all flustered.

Also, agree with you about female characters and did not know about that website, that's so cool!

Hey, don't bring me into the shipping/slash/fanfiction. My photo was just a commentary on the poses!
    I imagine that was supposed to be aimed at me!

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

Oooh, shiny fanart. Makes my morning a little better.

Two friends of ours funded a small artistic nonprofit organization with the wife as the president. We had our first meeting Saturday night. In the group, there's their cis bi couple (well, only the husband is bi), one cis straight couple, one cis gay couple, and my couple (and they're all cool and crazy, the good kind of crazy). In my boyfriend's own words, we also make a very nice little LGBT organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

20. - Top - End - #1370

I honestly don't like Loki. He reminds me of Smegol too much for my liking.

But he does have style <3
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

21. - Top - End - #1371

My hair's all smooth for some reason... I can't rub it against my face because I neglected to shave because I'm really tired of cleaning those blades all the freaking time but yay, softness~ :3

I have no idea who you're talking about, but *double high-five*!

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
    Gendered clothes:

Spoiler
    Show

*Hugs*

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

The UK is a pretty good place, I'd say. I think part of it is the very relaxed culture we have here - yes, there's debate on some issues etc. still, but when I contrast it with the stuff going on in the colonies it's so much more relaxed! Nobody really cares too much here, as a rule. Yeah, there are places I don't really feel comfortable doing PDA's with the fella, but they're few and far-between.

TL;DR? The Brits are too lazy to care. We're so jaded as a nation that nothing matters any more, we're just sat here waiting for the end and mainlining monkey dust.It's a satiric cartoon show, detailing a depressing and accurate take on Brit culture. Don't watch it all in one sitting, you might want to jump off something.

The legend of the "Two dudes in the nude is lewd, but two ladies doing something shady is gravy" is that dear old Queen Vic refused to believe lesbians existed, because she didn't get why people would do it.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Spoiler
    Show

oh my
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ettin in the Playground

That does it. In my next life I'm coming back as a a thunder god with long flowing blonde hair and muscles like tectonic plates.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

That does it. In my next life I'm coming back as a a thunder god with long flowing blonde hair and muscles like tectonic plates.
    Remind me not to annoy you in this one, then...

Also, speaking of deities and tectonic plates, would those be what the God/Goddess of Earthquakes eats off of?

(*wonders if he'll get a post for Spreagadh and Elana soon*)

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Happens here in the states too. The majority of the country has laws against non-missionary/non-heteronormative sexual acts. But they can't really be enforced, so most people ignore them.
    I'm fairly certain that it's technically still illegal for the woman to be on top during intercourse in Massachusetts. That's one of those things you hear about early on in college.
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Plath View Post
    I honestly don't like Loki. He reminds me of Smegol too much for my liking.

But he does have style <3
    Style is everything.
    Loki ~♥
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Yeah, I think given the subject matter, film type and original source, the crew on the Avengers movie did a pretty reasonable job on female characters. I'm not saying it was an objectively good movie for female characters, but within the rather restrictive confines it wasn't too bad. It was no GI Joe, for instance... Did you know there's a website just for the best times for a loo break during a movie?
    Here you go.
    Indeed!
    <.<
    >.>
    Spoiler
    Show

...>.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed on the Avengers doing a decent job, although it feels a bit weird when there are only two on the team who are not cisheteronormative fair-skinned white folks. They had a good reason not to include the other founding members from the comics, but still. ^_^'

And on those pictures, well, uhm... ADORABLE! X3

I must ship Tony Stark and Loki now, to Marvel! :Dramatic plush lightning:

*Hides Rawhide/Serpentine fic*

>_>
    <_<

Can I come back as the superspy who has impossible acrobatics and martial arts skills? Possibly named after a spider? :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post

>_>
    <_<
    Anyone else willing to pay a lot of money to see this fic?

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Oooh, shiny fanart. Makes my morning a little better.

Two friends of ours funded a small artistic nonprofit organization with the wife as the president. We had our first meeting Saturday night. In the group, there's their cis bi couple (well, only the husband is bi), one cis straight couple, one cis gay couple, and my couple (and they're all cool and crazy, the good kind of crazy). In my boyfriend's own words, we also make a very nice little LGBT organization.
    Aw, that's so cool!

Well when you do, honey, look me up. I'll come back as a smooth-talking stylish trickster god.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Style is everything.
    Loki ~♥
    Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Agreed on the Avengers doing a decent job, although it feels a bit weird when there are only two on the team who are not cisheteronormative fair-skinned white folks. They had a good reason not to include the other founding members from the comics, but still. ^_^'

And on those pictures, well, uhm... ADORABLE! X3

I must ship Tony Stark and Loki now, to Marvel! :Dramatic plush lightning:

>_>
    <_<
    The fans call it Rawserps. (In case anyone's wondering, the shorthand for Thor/Loki is Thorki.)

Yeah, they don't go in much for not-white or not-dude. Baby steps, I guess, but it's pretty frustrating. It's so hard to change in comics because they were written when no one even questioned the all-white all-dude thing. (This is not even getting into all-heteronormative, all-cis, all-gorgeous - I'm okay with that one - all-neurotypical, etc.) But if you try to redesign a character, entitled fans go insane. See: "Donald Glover for Spiderman!". (Choice quote: "THEY CAN'T TAKE SPIDERMAN AWAY FROM WHITE PEOPLE, HE'S ALL WE HAVE!!!")