New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Cessie is too exhausted to really form any sort of reaction at the moment. After hours of pain, screaming, near panic, breathing exercises and stress it's finally over. Her breathing have finally slowed down, her hair a mess with sweat still running down her face. Harnel can feel the hand that so tightly gripped his a moment ago is ready to let go.

But suddenly her eyes flutters open as the half-dragon once again feels her hand squeezing his softly. The mage's lips part as she in a weak voice says, "Can I see them?" The result of nearly a year of discomfort and hours of labor just within her grasp.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lots of Hope Hospital

After confirming that the children are healthy, Cessie and/or Harnel can hold and love and cuddle them all they want. The doctors, and rocketfairies, stay out of the way unless there appears to be trouble.

However, they are keeping an eye on Cessie. They want to make sure that the scaly kids didn't cause any damage on the way out. Because... ow.

After a while, the pair (especially Cessie) will be asked if they are ready for visitors. If so, Sakura, and Adir will be shown in. Of course Laela can come with them.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Harnel will hold whichever of the babies Cessie isn't holding at the moment. If that means that he's not holding either of them, he'll just stay close to Cessie, absolutely beaming.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #634

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

According to Harnel their scales are soft and pliable until they are one year old or so so no damage should be inflicted to Cessie. So no complications there either.

As the doctors show her the babies her expression don't change much but she still smiles faintly. It was not exactly what she had expected but she couldn't exaclty be disappointed.
    "They're beautiful." She says in a soft voice as she let's go of Harnel's hand to attempt to hold the screaming infants.

Right now their greatest concern is to get something to eat, Harnel can probably hold one if he likes to but someone should deal with that at some point.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside the Dusty Flagon

The man's eyebrows rise. He looks shocked. It's genuine too. "Killed? But...why? No one would ever hurt her....she's about as harmless as a bunny rabbit...what happened? Was it her boyfriend? I heard he tends to take out his anger on others...but...nah...He wouldn't do tha'. His names Derek Price. Lives a few blocks west 'o' here. Migh' wanna talk t' him...wow...Helga murdered....Never woulda though' it.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Generic Street

And flee to the roof is exactly what Dwayne plans to do, backpedaling up the stairs with considerably more pep in his step now that he knows the sights have figured out how to dodge. He was.... He was pretty much counting on them being worse at dodging than he was at hitting.

Looks like he's going to have to rely upon magic tricks for this one. Grabbing a handful of that explosive magic powder, Dwayne throws a handful of it onto one of the steps as he scrambles upward. With any luck the pursuing undead will land one of it's bare feet in the hastily set trap and set off the dust's incendiary properties.
    Uh oh!

Here comes the Wights!

The Air Wight steps on the dust and FWOOSH!

The creature flails and screeches and tumbles right over the edge of the fire escape to escape the fire! A dull thud a few moments later announces the creature's defeat.

That leaves just the creepy one with the black metallic claws left.

And it's rushing toward our hero! Look out!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

Normally, this place is dark. Quiet, too. Now, though, it's lit brightly by floating crystal spheres, filled with odd-colored flames, which are darting amongst the patrons, and even the enchantments aren't enough to keep the sounds of revelry from permeating the main room (and most of the others, for that matter), as the crowd of fae - and some humans, as well as a few stranger things - dance and otherwise enjoy themselves in a space that would normally be filled with small clusters of chairs and tables, but has been cleared for the celebration.

The servers are taking part as well, dancing their way to whoever made the order that they have, and more often than not drawing them out onto the floor, or sitting down with them, once it's been delivered.

Over it all, music is playing, and someone - a scarred drowess, possibly one that a certain pixie will remember - sings.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

"I'm not scared of any animals or anything like that. I wouldn't mind a wolf as long as it's safe for Laela." The dryad runs her fingers through the baby's budding flowers.

At the little tug, the ear pops right out of Laela's mouth. She blinks a few times, taking a moment to comprehend what just happened. She spots the ear again in short order and immediately grabs at it to put in her mouth again.
    Adir lets her have the slobbery ear back, grinning all the while. He certainly doesn't want it. "A wolf then. Easy to take care of, and really loyal if you get it right. I used to tame things like that, so..." Hey, those old ranger class levels abilities are finally gonna be put to good use!

At this point, they may or may not be allowed inside. Up to Cessie whether she feels like taking visitors.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #639

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

[Nexus Contractors Union]

"Yeah, I can spread out a little bit. Maybe off to one side..." She gets to pondering her garden again. That'll put her mind off the fireplace for a bit.
    Nexus Contractors Union

"Fine, whatever you say. That cover everything you're looking for then? We can get to work whenever you point us at a hill." Even if that hill might technically belong to someone else, like a Barrow Wight. The NCU are really enthusiastic about their jobs.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

"Sounds great. I have no idea where you're going to find a wolf, though." Sakura says. She figures he'll figure something out. *nodnod*

11. - Top - End - #641
    Troll in the Playground

Arkham Street

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Pepper is easily lifted up. The little thing is far too light, a little bundle of fur and bones. She curls up against Vidalia's chest, burying her fuzzy little head in the woman's shirt and clings to it with her paws, little claws pricking through the fabric.

Only when they escape to the safety of outside the hospital does Pepper peer up at Vidalia.
    "Um. Miss? You said you had food..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I don't have any food on me. I said I can get you something to eat. She looks to Freddy. Do you want to go with us to Trog's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Freddy totally goes to Trog's!
    Watching the Huldra go on ahead, Vidalia looks down to Pepper. Do you mind if I carry you to Trog's?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #642

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    The knife is quite well made, with a set of up-tilted hooks on one side of the blade, and ones that curve down on the other; it also has a skull enameled on the pommel, and ridges on the hilt in the shape of skeletal fingers, designed so that Talia's fingers will fit perfectly between them, presumably to provide a better grip.

"The torture comes after, so that they can remember how to feel," she replies brightly, sounding altogether too cheerful for someone discussing things like this. "But yes, some of them might ask you to kill them without you having to do anything beforehand, including meeting them."
    Ivaz makes note of the knife. Mostly to try and steal it at a later point.

Lady, you know how to make a deal. She grins, then turns to the string user. Okay, I vote for her house of fun.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

13. - Top - End - #643

Lots of Hope Hospital

"I can ask around. Or just find a wild one myself," Adir says, still grinning. Normally, that might put a baby at risk, but a fey child (especially a half-dryad) will probably be left alone by wolves.

Nexus Contractor's Union

"Yeah, I think that'll be all. We need the hill to be pretty close to Watchtower, so maybe we could look at some property..." Finding a proper mound can, of course, be handwaved. Perhaps it would be better to have the house somewhere interesting, however...
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-02 at 09:45 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Quest]

Pearl wanders toward what looks to be a deli of some kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Soul Quest]

"Let's go check out that commotion. Probably related." Irene says, pointing it out and then going to float off in that direction. Time to check out the stalls!

She'll float down to the ground first though, so the rest can follow a little easier.
    Mikani, realising that Pearl+Deli is probably a good idea, eeps and hurries after her friend! With magical speed!
    "You...probably don't want to go in there..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lots of Hope Hospital]

Sakura smiles to see Adir so enthused about this. She leans against him and wiggles her fingers in front of Laela. The baby is having none of it, thugh. She's far too focused on gumming her toy.

((And we can probably wait on Harnel here.))

[Nexus Contractor's Union]

Sakura wants it to be within walking distance of places she wants to go. Which is quite a ways in her opinion, but still. Not everyone can drive in their fancy trucks.

"Sounds good to me. We can look around." Sakura says. Ideally it'll be near/in a wooded area. *nodnod*

16. - Top - End - #646

Nexus Contractors Union

"Then you two have fun, and try not to get offed offscreen or something." The foreman goes back to his drafting then, and tips his hat to the couple.

Sakura may have to give up on it being in a wooded area though, since roots would always be a big structural problem. Near one might be doable, for a given value of near.

((Alright, handwaving ahoy. I don't know if you two are planning on making a thread just for their home, or having an entry in the Home thread or otherwise, but if you'd like a description of the hill house like I did for Mithar Keep, and can't be bothered to do one between the two of you, I might be able to find the time to make one this weekend.

Otherwise, the NCU will work offscreen, and the hill house will be done in a few days IC.))
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #647

Outside the Dusty Flagon

"Thanks for the scoop on 'er boyfriend, but, ah, can't help but notice you didn't answer my question. Didya see anyone shady lookin' hanging round here or shadowing this Helga dame, back when you sold her the watch?" Ray repeats, lighting up a cigarette before offering the watch-seller one.

Generic Street

Hah! That worked even better than Dwayne dared hope it would. And now there's only one more wight left between him and glory survival. He can do this. He can totally do this. He really hopes he can do this cause the alternative isn't very pleasant.

Drawing back his longsword, Dwayne times his strike as best he can, swinging right at the ghoul's mid-section just a moment before it gets close enough to claw at him, counting on the blade's extra reach to let him get the first -hopefully last- strike in and the stairwell's relatively low ceiling to keep the wight from simply leaping at him.

Of course, Dwayne being Dwayne, there's a fair chance his timing will be off and he'll end up attacking too late to prevent further clawings.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside the Dusty Flagon

The watch-seller accepts the cigarette. "Well...a lot of shady people come around here...This place is very interesting. Many people. Easy to forget faces. Pr'haps ya have something to help me remember?" The man grins.

19. - Top - End - #649

Nexus Contractor's Union

"Thanks for everything," Adir says, giving a humble nod before turning to leave. Presumably he, Sakura, and Harnel head back toward Watchtower.

((I think the Home thread is fine. As for describing the house, I'll leave that up to Ghar. I'm fine with writing our own))

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nexus Contractor's Union]

"Thanks." Sakura chimes in. She will accompany the others out.

((I'll throw you a PM later, Murkus. As soon as I get a free moment to ponder it.))
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-05-03 at 07:03 AM.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Hollow Hill]

Normally, this place is dark. Quiet, too. Now, though, it's lit brightly by floating crystal spheres, filled with odd-colored flames, which are darting amongst the patrons, and even the enchantments aren't enough to keep the sounds of revelry from permeating the main room (and most of the others, for that matter), as the crowd of fae - and some humans, as well as a few stranger things - dance and otherwise enjoy themselves in a space that would normally be filled with small clusters of chairs and tables, but has been cleared for the celebration.

The servers are taking part as well, dancing their way to whoever made the order that they have, and more often than not drawing them out onto the floor, or sitting down with them, once it's been delivered.

Over it all, music is playing, and someone - a scarred drowess, possibly one that a certain pixie will remember - sings.
    Lewis Wyllt does indeed recognise the singer's voice, as the red-haired pixie dances among and above the crowd on Pixie wings.

Fluttering over a green crystal lamp, Lewis spots Lellienth through myriad colours of the dancing Fae's outfits. Pausing upside-down, the Pixie exclaims.

"I knew it! Twas the Illusionist from the competition!"

Waving, the Pixie tumbles on into the dance. Almost shouting a greeting before realising that it would disturb the song.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

22. - Top - End - #652

[Generic Street]

Swing at the Wight!

The Wight swings back, parrying the sword with its black claws and aiming a second swing to slash the poor boy something terrible!

Depending on how well made that magical sword is it might be able to stand a blow from the undead's Ebony claws. Though if it's of a lesser quality it may simply shatter the blade.

No.

Seriously.

Ebony is serious stuff. Basically pure elemental Metal. And there aren't very many substances that can stand up to it.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Lewis Wyllt does indeed recognise the singer's voice, as the red-haired pixie dances among and above the crowd on Pixie wings.

Fluttering over a green crystal lamp, Lewis spots Lellienth through myriad colours of the dancing Fae's outfits. Pausing upside-down, the Pixie exclaims.

"I knew it! Twas the Illusionist from the competition!"

Waving, the Pixie tumbles on into the dance. Almost shouting a greeting before realising that it would disturb the song.
    Lellienth nods in acknowledgment, smiling, though she finishes the song, and passes her harp to an elf with a pattern of silver and black lines tattooed on her face, before she goes looking for the Pixie, dancing into the crowd with inhuman grace, born of elven reflexes, Eilistraee's blessing, and long practice.

Meanwhile, as she looks for him, the elf to whom she gave her harp takes up the task of providing music.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

[Soul Quest]

"Let's go check out that commotion. Probably related." Irene says, pointing it out and then going to float off in that direction. Time to check out the stalls!

She'll float down to the ground first though, so the rest can follow a little easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Soul Quest]

Mikani, realising that Pearl+Deli is probably a good idea, eeps and hurries after her friend! With magical speed!
    Sophie follows, looking a bit skeptical. If people are trying to buy a piece of your soul, getting it may be a bit difficult, she comments.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Quest]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Sophie follows, looking a bit skeptical. If people are trying to buy a piece of your soul, getting it may be a bit difficult, she comments.
    Sallianne follows Irene and Sophie. So, can you tell what kind of soul it is? Do you know how many pieces you have left to find?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Mikani, realising that Pearl+Deli is probably a good bad idea, eeps and hurries after her friend! With magical speed!
    (( You meant bad idea, right? ))

Pearl stops and looks up at Mikani. Why? It smells really good. she breaths in the smell.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

26. - Top - End - #656

Generic Street

Huh. Y'know, I coulda sworn ebony was, like, a tree or something, not some crazy element-infused death metal that can destroy magic items. But because in this case ebony appears to be just that, the wight's ebony claws will have no trouble shredding the magic sword like the poorly crafted piece of junk it is.

Worse yet, Dwayne's armor was crafted by the same cruddy enchanter, so the second clawswipe right through that as well and into the vulnerable flesh below. And unless this wight's claws have the same mercifully numbing effect as the last one, I can imagine that's gonna hurt like crazy.

Wounded and terrified by the sudden loss of his only weapon, Dwayne flees, clutching at the wound in a panicked attempt to slow the bleeding as he scrambles up towards the roof. It's not far, merely one last flight of stairs up, but Dwayne isn't moving quite so fast as he was a moment ago either.

Outside the Dusty Flagon

Of course. Everyone wants something. "What charming entrepreneurial spirit. Only ten seconds ago you were mourning a tragic loss and now you're trying to make a profit from it." Sighing, Ray gets his wallet and takes out a twenty, holding it just outta reach. "This enough to jog your memory?" If it ain't, he might just be tempted to see if a punch to the nose'll do the trick.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

[Shadowside Etc.]

(Rhyan's player is confused about things here, so doesn't post for her atm)

[Soul Quest]

Pearl stops and looks up at Mikani. Why? It smells really good. she breaths in the smell.
    "Well, it does, but, um, sometimes they're not very kind to onions in places like that," Mikani admits.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Demon Queen nods. Yeah. Pretty sure, anyway. Besides, they look like they're too focused on whatever they're doing to care about us.

So, get the bystanders out first. Then we sort out everything from there.
    "Good plan. Let's get them out. Got a plan for that?" Shrike asks.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post

Outside the Dusty Flagon

Of course. Everyone wants something. "What charming entrepreneurial spirit. Only ten seconds ago you were mourning a tragic loss and now you're trying to make a profit from it." Sighing, Ray gets his wallet and takes out a twenty, holding it just outta reach. "This enough to jog your memory?" If it ain't, he might just be tempted to see if a punch to the nose'll do the trick.
    It is enough to loosen the mans tongue. "Well...actually...There was the strangest thing yesterday morning. It was about one in the morning. I was out here....with a special customer. Then this group of people, dressed in red and blue walked by. They looked like monks. Red cloaks and hoods, with dark blue robes. They met across the street by that lamppost. Just stood there...first there was one guy, but then more came. Then there was five. They just....watched the inn. Stared at it. They didn't ssee me though...Then one of them said something...the others left. Then...the strangest thing. He stood there...for two hours. Standing perfectly still. I eventually went home around 2:50...I waved goodbye to Helga...I got home around 3:10.

29. - Top - End - #659

Outside the Dusty Flagon

Weirdos in red and blue? Jeez. If this wasn't the Nexus he'd guess this joker was pulling his leg, but around here, well, crazy murder cults are a dime a dozen. "Thanks." The twenty is handed over, but Ray has a trick up his sleeve. On the underside of the bill, hidden in amongst the watermarks and intricate tracery used to designate legal tender, is what might at first glance appear to be nothing more than a shadow or particularly dark stain. Practically unnoticeable in the dark alleyway. "You sure it was 2:50 when you left, and Helga was still here?"

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside the Dusty Flagon

The man doesn't notice the odd bill. Yup. I DO sell watches. Exactly 2:50. She was goint to see her boyfriend I think. ((Is the bill a tracking device?))