1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: TW: Shards of War (IC)

Russian Empire

To Aztian Hegemony/Portugal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aztians: I ask that you do push too much further south in the Brazil region of the South American continent. It has come to my attention that if things continue the way they are much longer, our expeditions will run right into each other which would likely spark a massive surge of violence in the region.

ICEP[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hawaii: Do you really approve of the Grims doings in South America? I dont like the idea of them building military bases along the coast. If those fortifications turned their guns to the water, and the Grim moved up naval assets, they could seriously impact world trade.

[This is assuming the Panama Canal doesnt exist in this setting...If it does, I suppose my point is null and void...]

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii
    ICEP(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    They are hard to work with and doing anything with them features as much backsliding as progress. That said, as long as their turning their guns on others and hindering world trade is theoretical we view it as a win.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aztlan Hegemony
    Morale: 17

To Russia / Portugal
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would hope considering both of our membership in the ICEP we would not immediately descend into violence. However I would prefer South America to not be a spark to ignite a larger war. I will not settle further into the Brazilian interior, if both of you agree to avoid settlement in Bolivia. We will direct our further colonization efforts westward for your sake.

ICEP (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I have personally assumed there is a Panama Canal equivalent. Spain would probably have convinced the Hegemony to build one at some point to help with their settlement and trade efforts. It also allows the Aztlan to have one fleet to cover both oceans, like the US in the real world.

I feel that the Grim aren't going to do anything that would warrant another global response. Even if they do, the Aztlan are prepared to take military action against them in such a case.

I would like to bring up the matter of the Delimiter Pact once again, as Saloa and Ethiopia have joined it, in addition to the fact that hostile action has been undertaken by a member of this alliance against a member of the Pact. Considering we are supposed to be an alliance based around universal peace and prosperity, that reflects rather poorly on the legitimacy of this organization, and it may be enough to prompt the Pact to take action in response.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Russian Empire

Aztian Hegemony/Portugal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, I didnt mean to suggest that I would give orders to engage your own colonization forces, but low ranking, ambitious officers thousands of miles from home, combined with the presence of foreign military troops...Things do happen in situations like that. I believe our own efforts will be mainly solidifying our control over Southern Brazil, so for the moment you need not have feared us moving into Bolivia.

ICEP[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is this regarding the pact? I recall hearing of some sort of tension, but I didnt have any details. A member of this Coalition is involved? Where is your proof?

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska

To ICEP PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think they are referring to the rumors that Scandinavia was behind some attack on one of their nations. If the rumors are true and they decide to take action against Scandinavia then we shouldn't support them. Of course we'll do our best to prevent war but we also shouldn't allow member nations to think that being part of the ICEP allows them to bully other nations with impunity.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Mechaneer Union to Russia and Portugal
    Spoiler
    Show

We'd like to ask you if you'd have any spare military forces to assist us. There's something strange going on in Iceland, but the place's a massive fortress with ridiculously advanced defenses. We'll need some help breaking through.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #517

Aztlan Hegemony

To ICEP (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alaska is correct. Internal Delimiter Pact negotiations have said that Scandinavia conducted a raid on the MRI's defenses. Admittedly, it is possible that that they are intentionally misleading people, however I do not believe that is the truth. Or that Luxembourg framed them...

No matter the case, it is something that should be discussed.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Scandinavian Union

ICEP[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We deny any involvement in the raid against the MRI. Our espionage capabilities are laughable, at best, and though our military was been growing in strength it has remained in the Union, training.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Russia-Portugal/Mechaneer Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    I might be able to divert 4 legions that are currently on patrol in Austria-Hungary. The resy is occupied elsewhere. What can you tell us about whats going on? Why are you so interested? Will you need the aid of any intelligence divisions?

Portugal, What your your thoughts? Do we divert troops to help?

[I cant view map, but is'nt Iceland occupied by Scandinavian Union?]

ICEP[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I propose we let things play out before any hasty decisions are reached. Perhaps it wont even escalate further.

[We can read those pact messages? I thought they were PM's.]

10. - Top - End - #520

Aztlan Hegemony

To ICEP (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I mean, they're communications that were in the beginning only between NPCs, until Ethiopia joined this past turn. And Arcane uses PM tags for private talk, though those aren't often. I assumed the messages were there to give people with enough espionage ability to tell what one of the major power blocs are doing. I believe that the Pact is now the DUS, Quebec, the MRI, Ethiopia, Saloa, Majapahit, and the Satavahana Empire?

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Mechaneer Union to Russia, Portugal
    Spoiler
    Show

Our explorers attempted to land and were met by a hail of gunfire. After that we made a more serious attempt, and found out that they've got highly advanced technology and the island is a massive fortress. I, for one, don't want something like that nearby when they refuse to communicate and we've no idea what they're doing.

As for intelligence divisions, we can spare 45 of them if necessary. But we'll only do that if we can gather enough of a military push to do real damage. I'd say we need at least 30 Mil to even have a chance, in addition to the Esp.

((OOC: No. It's an unexplored territory.))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal/Russia/Mechaneer Union
    Spoiler
    Show

''I can spare either 10 MIL or if we put our military operations in South America on hold 15-20 MIL.''

''Of course I'd like to know how we'll divide the spoils.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Russia/Portugal/Mechaneer Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dont plan to completely abandon the South American expedition, but if you do decide to cut back on your contributions then I will certainly send about 15 MIL and <20 ESP.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Russia/Portugal/Mechaneer Union
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll send 10 Mil and 40 Esp then. I want the territory, and a single sample from any advanced technology, you can keep everything else we find to split amongst yourselves as you see fit.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

Empire of the Resplendent Sun to Hawaii (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    By all means let the world know of our research. We are not black hearted fiends to use such technology for ill, and so need not hide our possession of it.We do hope that our collaboration remains as fruitful in discovery the fragments of the other shards.

The Delimiter Pact
    The Delimiter Pact accuses the Scandinavian Union of performing foul and underhanded raids of the Magnetic Research Institute's labs in the pursuit of its research and personnel.

(The Delimiter Pact presents evidence which is solid enough to stand up to scrutiny, but could still be taken either way in terms of the actual guilt of Scandinavia.)

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii
    public anouncement
    In a joint effort with the Empire of the Resplendent Sun we have discovered two new holy stones, harvest and vitality. The first, if used with caution and skill can charge other holy stones when exposed to any living biomatter. The second can infuse anything with life. With the discovery of these powerful stones it becomes more important than ever that the people of the world use the holy stones power in pursuit of good and reject the temptation to corrupt them with malice. The following is a recorded demonstration of the powers of these stones to radically increase agricultural productivity and value.
    Due to harvests volatile nature we have stored it in carefully monitored lead lined pits in isolated areas to prevent unintended side effects to soil or humans. We keep the pits filled with a variety of materials from rapidly delivered grass clippings to raw sewage. Invariably the contents are quickly sterilized without the use of harmful chemicals and as long as they do not make direct contact with the stones the contents can immediately be burned or used as fertilizer with no discovered ill effects.
    The following is a time lapse video of a field sown with seeds that were briefly stored with vitality dust before being planted as seen. We have found that the time and reliability for germination of seeds exposed in this manner is vastly greater than otherwise. Within a day or two every seed planted have invariably sprouted and begun growth.

17. - Top - End - #527

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Scandinavian Union

The SU denies any involvement with the MRI. We have not sent any military out of the country since the North American War and the Grim Blockade, and our esp capabilities are laughable -- we've spent them simply building up our defensive espionage.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Peoples Republic of America

The PRA requests specifics of the attack; date, strength of forces involved, damage dealt.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska would just like to point out that the cause of the North American War was forged documents painting an innocent nation as guilty of crimes they didn't commit. Lets not repeat the same mistakes today and make sure that they are guilty before taking any action.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Delimiter Pact
    Then you have no objections to our sending an investigatory team into the Scandinavian Union to ensure they are telling the truth then.

(The MRI provides the specifics of the attack against it. Raiders, now identified as Scandinavian, infiltrated it and destroyed or captured much of its counter espionage defenses.)

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Peoples Republic of America:

We request that the Coalition and members of neither the Coalition nor Delimeter Pact be allowed to contribute a significant portion of the resources for this investigation.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Delimiter Pact
    Who do you suggest has both enough resources to take on the project, and enough interest to do so.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Peoples Republic of America:

I would hope every nation values global stability. Something like this could easily turn to war if handled improperly. All nations can see these messages. I am surprised none have stepped forward to demonstrate their dedication to peace.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Most attempts to do so would be hypocritical, ours inculded. Let the hunters look, but would not any hunter also be able to leave a false trial, to captilize on the roar while they get away with the whale fat?
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

25. - Top - End - #535

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Scandinavian Union

Go ahead and look. Though we would warn of the possibility of framing -- our defensive espionage can be easily overcome.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Delimiter Pact
    We will bear that in mind.

EoTs are due tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Russia

I honestly do not believe the Scandinavian Union has the capabilities or the inclination to raid the MRI's labs. If it is really that important then might I suggest hiring a small team of Luxembourgs intelligence agents within the next 6 months? They certainly have the resources to properly investigate this matter.

OOC: Let the matter sit this turn and just hire Luxembourg next turn since EoTs are nearly due.

[Disregard my current EoT, Arcane. Will send an updated one tomorrow.]

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 15, July, 1940 CE

Delimiter Pact Comes up Short
    After extensive examination of every scrap of Scandinavian documentation and evidence the Delimiter Pact agents come to the conclusion that there is simply nothing to support the indications that they were behind the attacks.

With no further leads and the evidence trail now cold the Delimiter Pact lets the matter drop and offers a perfunctory apology to the Scandinavian Union. Foreign analysts now note that the Delimiter Pact is now watching everyone else very careful indeed to try and pinpoint the real culprit.

South American Imperialism
    The unexplored continent is rapidly losing its moniker as huge numbers of colonists from the various great powers rapidly turn it into an extension of their empires. Of particular note is Southern Brazil where Portuguese and Russian governors have officially set up shop marking the territory as permanent parts of their respective nations.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska

To Delimiter Pact
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you wish to continue cooperating in order to find the real criminals behind the attack?

To ICEP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luckily we've managed to disprove that Scandinavian Union were behind the attack. Unfortanetly that means they were framed. This suggests that someone is trying to spark a war between the Coalition and the Delimiter Pact. I suggest that we work together in order to find the true culprit and bring them to light.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Canada is still part of the Coalition right?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #540

Aztlan Hegemony

To ICEP
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would agree that finding the real culprit should be a priority. I can contribute my meager espionage forces this season to such an endeavor. It would also be beneficial for the Pact to be a part of the investigation.