New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

biggrin Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

Okay. The Mandate's interactive prologue/character creator got v me. Backed.

Can we promote kickstarters that are technically over? Golem Acana is doing "second chance" funding if it is. For stretch goals.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

So, I'm a long-time lurker here in the Playground. I mainly read Order of the Stick and hit F5 compulsively on occasion when I'm bored as well. :P

But, in looking through this particular Gaming subforum, I noticed this thread. And, in the interest of helping out someone I hold in good esteem over in the RPG Maker community, here's his Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/812850535/you-are-not-the-hero

The best way I have to describe You Are Not The Hero is as a connected series of action mini-games. I played a demo of it a few months ago and enjoyed it. So, feel free to take a look at it and back it if it tickles your fancy.

As a fellow game developer looking to eventually (one of these years when I get around to playing all of the great games that have been released, haha) commercially release a game of my own created using RPG Maker VX Ace, I thank you for your attention and for helping him out. :)
    My debut fantasy novel, Whispers of Dawn, is now available on Amazon!
    3DS Friend Code: 1246-9091-8502 Playing Bravely Default/Pokemon X.
    I am a Neutral Good Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)
    Strength- 10 Dexterity- 12 Constitution- 11 Intelligence- 17 Wisdom- 13 Charisma- 14

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfate View Post
    So, I'm a long-time lurker here in the Playground. I mainly read Order of the Stick and hit F5 compulsively on occasion when I'm bored as well. :P

But, in looking through this particular Gaming subforum, I noticed this thread. And, in the interest of helping out someone I hold in good esteem over in the RPG Maker community, here's his Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/812850535/you-are-not-the-hero

The best way I have to describe You Are Not The Hero is as a connected series of action mini-games. I played a demo of it a few months ago and enjoyed it. So, feel free to take a look at it and back it if it tickles your fancy.

As a fellow game developer looking to eventually (one of these years when I get around to playing all of the great games that have been released, haha) commercially release a game of my own created using RPG Maker VX Ace, I thank you for your attention and for helping him out. :)
    The feel is pretty good, the atmosphere is sure funny. It's nice to see self-aware games like that.

However, I am just wondering if there will be more call out of traditional RPG mechanics than "the heroes steal everyone's stuff"

4. - Top - End - #454

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

So who here remembers Myst and Riven? I ask because they're doing another game, called Obduction, via Kickstarter.

Been going for just a few days and they're about halfway to their goal. The pictures they've got up so far are stunning.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    So, as a former player of City of Heroes, I'm excited beyond all sense by this - City of Titans, a fan developed spiritual successor to COH.

It's at a very very early stage right now, so I'm backing it based almost purely on faith - but I think they can do it if they meet their goal; and I miss COH something dreadful.

Basically it's something to think about if you want a new superhero MMO in the COH mold, and don't mind waiting a couple years for it to materialize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Knight View Post
    I'm involved with this project, and have been from the beginning, on that note, can I just say: FUNDED.
    I would like to not only thank anybody who's already backed this, but to also say that, despite being funded, there is another goal for this Kickstarter: we would like to be able to point to the number of backers to demonstrate the level of interest in the game.

We've met our funding goals; don't let, however, a lack of funds at a level you think is "impressive" stop you. Every unique backer we get, at any level, is extremely valued. You are our audience, our players, our customers. If you think you might have any interest in the game, please back us, even if it's just at the $5 level. We would love to see the "backers" count rise as high as possible. If you have friends who might be interested, ask them to back at the minimal level, too.

The more there are, the easier it will be to do business with other companies and to get larger backing and partnerships. We want to produce the best game possible, and the more people who are demonstrably interested, the better we can make it and the less we need to lean directly on the players individually to support it.

So, please, contribute to the kickstarter even at a minimal level. We value your unique contribution more than the dollar amount itself at this point. (Not that we are not immensely grateful for larger contributions, but do not think that even a movie ticket's worth of a backing would not make a difference. Just the fact that you said "yes, I'm interested enough to back this" at all is big!)

If you're interested in learning more about it, you can follow links from the KS page the first quoted post provides, and you can also visit the titan network forums, where others who are excited by this project gather due to their connections dating back to when CoH was still active. This subforum and this subforum are good places to look.

Anyway, thanks, and please spread the word to anybody who might be interested in giving it a try!

7. - Top - End - #457
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Less than 2 days remaining in the Reaper Bones II Kickstarter for awesome fantasy minis (with some sci-fi and other non-fantasy stuff thrown in)...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rn-of-mr-bones

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Almost halfway there, but with only approximately a third of the funds needed. Gonna need a helluva push in the next 30 days.

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Almost halfway there, but with only approximately a third of the funds needed. Gonna need a helluva push in the next 30 days.
    They plan to release a Gameplay trailer on Sunday, and then do a big marketing push with gamer websites after. With luck, it'll speed up the trend.

Talk about this game with your friends. Link it in the forums you hang out in. I so much want this to work out.

10. - Top - End - #460

The feel is pretty good, the atmosphere is sure funny. It's nice to see self-aware games like that.

However, I am just wondering if there will be more call out of traditional RPG mechanics than "the heroes steal everyone's stuff"
    They've got a pre-alpha up. It's enough to show off the basic concept of the gameplay and the plot of the first two chapters. Go ahead and check it out in Update 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

11. - Top - End - #461

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    I'm seeing an add at the top of the page here for a kickstarter for a game called Churbles. It appears to involve cute hamsters in some form of RPG-like setting.
    Anyone know anything about it?
    Nothing I'm seeing is making me impressed. It looks like every other cute MMORPG out there. The idea that you can collect party members and send them out of "quests" doesn't seem terribly original, either.

I mean, if that's what you're looking for, go for it. I'm more interested in something new or something exceptionally well-done though, and I'm thinking that Chrubles will end up as just a very standard cute video game RPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

12. - Top - End - #462
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    So who here remembers Myst and Riven? I ask because they're doing another game, called Obduction, via Kickstarter.

Been going for just a few days and they're about halfway to their goal. The pictures they've got up so far are stunning.
    I mentioned it earlier in the this thread. I am definitely looking forward to this.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tman2nd View Post
    I mentioned it earlier in the this thread. I am definitely looking forward to this.
    Wish I could pledge more for it, but I'm currently tied up $25 in the Black Lullaby film project, $65 for Golem Arcana, and $550 in the Reaper Miniatures Bones II. I dropped about $350 for Call of Cthulhu 7th edition a couple months ago. I figure that's about all I can spare to spend on Kickstarters this year.

14. - Top - End - #464

15. - Top - End - #465
    Pixie in the Playground

The BlackWyrm erasable vinyl map kickstarter has officially begun.

Roleplayers, wargamers, miniatrues gamers, strategists... these maps are for you.

Our maps are usable for various genres:

•science fiction: a small-crew starship, a large star explorer
    •fantasy: a castle, a tavern
    •modern: a street scene/intersection, a warehouse
    •historical: a pirate ship, a zeppelin

The large maps are 48" x 30", and the small maps are 36" x 20".

--
    Dave Mattingly
    www.BlackWyrm.com

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

I forgot to post this earlier - there's only 60-so hours left in the City of Titans kickstarter. It's been quite successful so far at 550k; so if you were on the fence when this initially went up, you can safely pledge now and reap the rewards later <^_^>
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

17. - Top - End - #467

The Mandate just hit 200K$!!

18. - Top - End - #468

Looks like The Mandate found the right way to draw Angry Joe's attention...

Take a look!!

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

I pray that the mandate succeeds at its goal. Its too cool not too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Ryuutama is up on KS, though it certainly doesn't need any help. Already smashed through its funding on day 1, and now the wait. It's a great way to get in on the game early, though.

It's a Japanese RPG being printed in English (by awesome translators) that's about fantasy characters on journeys, not so much a combat focus. Read the pitch on the KS page, it does the game better justice than I can.

Tianxia: Blood, Silk, and Jade is a Fate Core-based fantasy wuxia game that looks fantastic, especially with the artwork. Funded, and two weeks to go. Again, though--it's certainly something you'd want to get in on early.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2013-11-05 at 05:57 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

*drags thread back to first page*

Alright guys, there is something that looks amazing. Trials of Ascension (with in-depth game guide!). Risky (it's an MMO, which in itself is risky, but it doesn't try to curb trolls with the usual hard counters, night is super-dark and you basically just have to sit around at a campfire unless you have nightvision or somesuch or else you'll get ganked by something, and if you screw up badly enough and die a hundred times your character is permadead), but amazing (it's basically an attempt to make a souped-up version of Ultima Online, with even more consistency features such as unique skills that you discover that others can then learn through tutorship by you or interrogation by them, and dynamic spawning of plants and monsters based on player actions and even NPCs progressing their goals). And they have a prototype, apparently, which they showed to various investors (starting a decade ago) who turned them down when they refused to compromise and make it more "player-friendly".

And they're gonna need a major comeback to actually get it. About halfway over, only met slightly over ten percent of their goal. Peeves, of a small amount of fame (or infamy, since apparently a lot of people don't like him, and EpicNameBro has referenced him at least once), did a video on it (just leave it running in the background or something).
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2013-11-12 at 01:09 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

22. - Top - End - #472
    Pixie in the Playground

I am running my fifth Kickstarter campaign to turn another of my Future Armada
    ships into a 24x36, double sided poster featuring miniature-scale deckplans and
    detailed renderings.

Details (and video) are here: Kickstarter: Gryphon / Phoenix Poster
    (or search for "map" from the Kickstarter home page).

The ships on the poster (the sleek Gryphon on one side and the scruffy Phoenix
    variant on the other) are detailed and described in supporting electronic documents
    and I have created a custom miniature of the ship for those who are interested.

And if you missed any of the previous campaigns, you can order the posters and
    miniatures from my site - and the digital documents and maps from RPGNow

~Ryan Wolfe of 0 hr: art & technology

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like The Mandate found the right way to draw Angry Joe's attention...

Take a look!!
    Angry Joe - to my utter lack of surprise! - chimed in with his full support of Mandate with his usual verve and contagious enthusiasm.

(They had me at "3D ship models for 3D printing...")

It's up to $365/$500k with 10 days to go.

I REALLY hope they make it.

24. - Top - End - #474

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Angry Joe - to my utter lack of surprise! - chimed in with his full support of Mandate with his usual verve and contagious enthusiasm.

(They had me at "3D ship models for 3D printing...")

It's up to $365/$500k with 10 days to go.

I REALLY hope they make it.
    Angry Joe said he'll try to make a video about The Mandate this very week..

Still crossing finger he'll bring the support necessary for it to work!

edit: on the other hand; trending has REALLY picked up in the past 2 days. OMG, has there been a big announcement?
    Last edited by Cikomyr; 2013-11-21 at 03:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Angry Joe said he'll try to make a video about The Mandate this very week..

Still crossing finger he'll bring the support necessary for it to work!

edit: on the other hand; trending has REALLY picked up in the past 2 days. OMG, has there been a big announcement?
    They have one linked on the main page now (actually, it was Tides of Numenara that linked me to Mandate with a shout-out - class act - which I followed to see how we were doing and saw that Joe had made a Vlog video yesterday.)

Hopefully the publicity boost (which was a smart move, regardless of it resulting from mutual admiration between Joe and the Mandate staff!) will see us over the top, though you tend to find there's a last minute rush.

I was about to make a hopeful comment, but given how dismal my year has been so far, I won't tempt fate and I'll stick with keeping my fingers crossed.

26. - Top - End - #476

The Mandate has hit 405K$!

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Woot! <^_^> I increased my pledge there by a bit more - I really, really want this game to happen.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

The Mandate has hit 405K$!
    Surprised me, to be honest. They were threading water at only $200K at the 30 day mark.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Surprised me, to be honest. They were threading water at only $200K at the 30 day mark.
    I think pushing the deadline out to 60 days is actually counter-productive--Elite: Dangerous did the same thing, and they only just scraped through their target.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Promotion. Angry Joe put out his video recently.

Plus, people often wait until the last few days to see how close a project gets, so we'll probably see another surge then.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting