New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

While not actually Kickstarter, this is pretty cool as well.

Cardinal Quest 2

Essentially a simple roguelike with an amusing art style, easy to master gameplay and lots of fun.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Check out Salmon Run

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-fishs-lifetim

It's got a great theme, and seems like a very easy to learn concept for entry level.

If we can get it up to 20 k they'll add another player (bringing it to 5!)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

not Kickstarter, but still crowd funding, Star Citizen from the creator of Wing Commander, the carrier in intro seems to be hommage to Tigers Claw.
    Last edited by Smight; 2012-10-10 at 04:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hey,

Just wanted to post another reminder that the Project:Eternity from Obsidian Games has 4 days left! These guys are the same people who made Fallout 1,2, 3:NV, Planescape:Torment, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Damned, KOTR, and many of them worked on the Baldur Gate series. So if you liked those games, and are interested in more games like those, check them out and help with the funding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oject-eternity

They've already surpassed their goal, but they have "Stretch goals" where if you surpass the new goals, they're planning on adding more content to the game. Just trying to get the word out to those who care.

Thanks

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Exclamation Project: Eternity (a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate) Kickstarter ends soon!

Greetings, all!

I think Project: Eternity will make it big as a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. The game is made by people from Black Isle Studios and Obsidian Entertainment.

Project: Eternity is a new IP (intellectual property) with new mechanics in a new world. As of this writing, the Kickstarter ends in about 26 hours. At least check 'em out! (I already pledged $110 for the collector's edition and to have my name in the credits.)

NOTE: Project: Eternity is already funded, but if they get at least $3.5 million, there will be another big city in the game about the size of Baldur's Gate from Baldur's Gate or Athkatla from Baldur's Gate II.
    Last edited by Endarire; 2012-10-15 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    And I do agree that the right answer to the magic/mundane problem is to make everyone badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If you're of a philosophical bent, the powergamer is a great example of Heidegger's modern technological man, who treats a game's mechanics as a standing reserve of undifferentiated resources that are to be used for his goals.
    My Complete Tome of Battle Maneuver/Stance/Class Overhaul

Arseplomancy = Fanatic Tarrasque!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Project: Eternity (a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate) Kickstarter ends soon!

Crowdfunding, hopefully the beginning of smart mobs...

8. - Top - End - #218
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Project: Eternity (a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate) Kickstarter ends soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Endarire View Post
    Greetings, all!

I think Project: Eternity will make it big as a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. The game is made by people from Black Isle Studios and Obsidian Entertainment.
    As a huge fan of those old-school RPGs (OMGPlanescape: TormentOMG!!!), I sincerely thank you for bringing this to my attention. My bank manager, on the other hand, now wants to kill you.

NOTE: Project: Eternity is already funded, but if they get at least $3.5 million, there will be another big city in the game about the size of Baldur's Gate from Baldur's Gate or Athkatla from Baldur's Gate II.
    Fingers crossed for that; they may just manage it...

EDIT: So I've chipped in...don't want to say by how much (or think about it ), but if while playing the game you should chance upon a young lass called Nyssia Silversmith, say hi from me.

18 hours to go, $3,388,993 raised...
    Last edited by Senator Cybus; 2012-10-16 at 01:13 AM.
    I have a cookie now! (::) I've licked it, so no backsies.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

A little CRPG tactical called Guildsmanship: Battle-Scapes based on the OGL-SRD, using a software framework I've been working on for a number of years.

Normal site at www.guildsmanship.com

10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Senator Cybus View Post
    EDIT: So I've chipped in...don't want to say by how much (or think about it ), but if while playing the game you should chance upon a young lass called Nyssia Silversmith, say hi from me.

18 hours to go, $3,388,993 raised...
    If you've done what I think you've done I'd say that counts as more than 'chipped in'. Thanks!

And I've joined in as well. If this is as good as any of the older ones, especially BG or PS:T, it'll be money well invested.
    Dumbledore is dead but had a horcrux so might still be alive to it being fake and him dead but not stopping her from using the having a horcrux on you letting you live from a killing curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Epileptic monkeys. Boxing gloves. Typewriters. That is all.

11. - Top - End - #221

This looks absolutely fantastic.

THE DYING OF THE LIGHT
    A GURPS Zombie Apocalypse Campaign
    always accepting players

12. - Top - End - #222

I've been following this like crazy for the last month, and I'm very happy it is doing so well. It seems it'll be exactly the sort of game I've been hoping to see again for the last decade or so.

13. - Top - End - #223

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by DeusMortuusEst View Post
    If you've done what I think you've done I'd say that counts as more than 'chipped in'. Thanks!
    You are entirely welcome!

The 'create an NPC' reward is such a clever idea. I've just checked the Kickstarter page and 109 people have pledged the required amount; this means that there's now 109 NPCs that the developers don't have to design from scratch! Basically, we're paying to be allowed to do the devs work for them, and I couldn't be happier about it!

Speaking of the Kickstarter page...as I type this, there's 73 minutes to go, the total is at $3,893,652...will they break the four million mark?! Either way, we've got the second big city and a thirteen level dungeon, so I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Remmirath
    I've been following this like crazy for the last month, and I'm very happy it is doing so well. It seems it'll be exactly the sort of game I've been hoping to see again for the last decade or so.
    "Project Eternity will take the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Baldur’s Gate, add in the fun, intense combat and dungeon diving of Icewind Dale, and tie it all together with the emotional writing and mature thematic exploration of Planescape: Torment."

If they can actually pull that off, it'll be amazing!

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by Senator Cybus View Post
    Speaking of the Kickstarter page...as I type this, there's 73 minutes to go, the total is at $3,893,652...will they break the four million mark?! Either way, we've got the second big city and a thirteen level dungeon, so I'm happy.
    It's up to 3.91 million now. I think it's actually fairly likely that it will end up at four, at this rate, with still forty minutes to go.

"Project Eternity will take the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Baldur’s Gate, add in the fun, intense combat and dungeon diving of Icewind Dale, and tie it all together with the emotional writing and mature thematic exploration of Planescape: Torment."

If they can actually pull that off, it'll be amazing!
    Indeed!

15. - Top - End - #225

3.93 mil with 24 minutes to go!

The live feed of their party that they have set up is pretty amusing; they're all hammered.

THE DYING OF THE LIGHT
    A GURPS Zombie Apocalypse Campaign
    always accepting players

16. - Top - End - #226

Chimera

And...done! A grand total of $3,986,929. So just shy of the 4 mill.

However...there's people in the comments section on the page saying that donors who paid through PayPal have yet to be accounted for, which, if true, may put the total comfortably over the 4 mill.

17. - Top - End - #227

Chimera

So, for those who are interested, I took the following from Obsidian's Project Eternity forum just now:

"Kickstarter and PayPal Stats
    So as of about 1:30 PM PDT, here’s where we stand funding-wise:

Kickstarter
    Backers: 73,986
    Pledged: $3,986,929

PayPal
    Backers: 3,681
    Pledged: $176,279

Totals
    Backers: 77,667
    Pledged: $4,163,208

Stretch Goals
    So that means we hit the 4M stretch goal, right?
    Yes!
    "

So, they hit the 4 mill mark (live orchestra providing the soundtrack, enhanced everything) and got enough backers for a fifteen level mega dungeon! I am disproportionately excited by this news!!!

Additionally:

"Will Facebook Likes still count to a larger dungeon?
    Yes, for now they do! Come like us quickly and maybe we can hit the 40,000 likes for one last dungeon level. But it’s for a limited time, so… like us! Please note: If you clicked Like on our Eternity home page, that doesn’t qualify – we need likes on Obsidian’s Facebook page!
    "

Guess where I'm going next?

Disproportionately excited!!!
    Last edited by Senator Cybus; 2012-10-17 at 10:52 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Just found a reference to this game that might interest some people: Timber and Stone.

It's apparently a cross between RTS, building management and sandbox-y free building (the author says Age of Empires, Caeser, Minecraft with a healthy dose of Dwarf Fortress).

8 days left and has about 40% of the required funding.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smight View Post
    not Kickstarter, but still crowd funding, Star Citizen from the creator of Wing Commander, the carrier in intro seems to be hommage to Tigers Claw.
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Despite everything, its still me.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Star Citizen now on kickstarter, don't know how smart it was to split the backer pool.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Ars Magica as a video game

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ica-video-game

It looks like a sort of sim covenant RPG but they haven't given us too much detail yet.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi all! I'm a long-time lurker to the GITP. I run a Dragonlance campaign (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/autumn-dragons) which keeps me busy, but I still follow some of the discussions threads here - in particular the one on game hacks.
    Anyway, I thought some of you might be interested in supporting a kickstarter.
    Many old-school gamers may remember an RPG series called Quest for Glory. This game was one of my favorites, especially when the rest of my AD&D buddies were busy.
    QfG creators, Lori and Corey Cole, are developing a new game that exists in the same universe as the original QfG games. The game is called Hero-U and you play a captured Rogue-type sentenced to rehabilitation via attendance at a university for heroes.
    The game offers roleplay opportunities and character development - plus it's likely to have a terrific blend of fantasy, whimsy, and humor like the original QfG series.
    I know there is at least one person here (besides me!) that would enjoy seeing this game become a reality. Please visit the kickstarter at:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-to-redemption
    I'm not asking anyone here to contribute, only to check out the kickstarter and consider supporting it.

Thanks for your consideration!

-LordMasacre

(Yes, one 'S' )

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Default A kickstarter project that will interest anyone who remembers old school Sierra games

So, back in the pre-historic days when I was a kid, I was a huge fan of a bunch of the Sierra titles that were around, games like the Space Quest series, Police Quest, King's Quest, etc.

However, by far my favorite were the Quest For Glory games made by Corey and Lori Cole. The games were a series of 5 D&D style fantasy games that let you choose from 1 of 3 classes (Fighter, Wizard, Thief) all of which would have vastly different ways of approaching the games, tackling problems, and subplots. The games were fun, had a great sense of humor, lots of replay value, and drew from various different mythologies in their backstories and surroundings.

Well, now the creators of that series have a kickstarter project up called Hero U: Rogue to Redemption, which seems to be in a very similar vein to the QFG games, (and is actually set in the same world) with various benefits that advances in videogame technology have allowed.

Naturally, I instantly pledged, and I hope that many others, both old time fans and those who are new to the work of the Coles, that see this and are intrigued will join me in supporting the project.

As of right now, there are 22 days to go and the project is at about $143,000 of of a $400,000 goal. I hope you'll help give it the push to make it.
    Wandering, but not lost

I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me

Whenever someone is complaining about the comic violating D&D rules, just open this spoiler.

Spoiler
    Show

If you are looking for moment-to-moment rules accuracy from this comic, you probably should stop reading. You are guaranteed to be continually frustrated and disappointed, because I don't care about that at all.
    -The Giant

Rules lawyers: rules only matter in a campaign, not a story!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: A kickstarter project that will interest anyone who remembers old school Sierra g

I loved the Quests for Glory too. I'm really hoping the Coles Kickstarter makes it over the line. It looks like it might be close.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-10-29 at 07:13 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: A kickstarter project that will interest anyone who remembers old school Sierra g

I'm really hoping this gets funded. It sounds a lot like the type of game I like.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    As of right now, there are 22 days to go and the project is at about $143,000 of of a $400,000 goal. I hope you'll help give it the push to make it.
    I never wanted to spend $257,000 more in my whole life... and I own a house!

-LordMasacre

(Yes, one 'S' )
    Last edited by Lordmasacre; 2012-10-29 at 11:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

"Old Sierra Games"

*not the citybuilders*
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

Sword of the Stars: The Pit
    Sword of the Stars: The Pit will take you back to the best of the Rogue-style dungeon diving games, up the ante with modern action/rpg gameplay, and catapult you into the future of the SotSVerse.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

One of my very favorite cardgames is having another kickstarter for an expansion. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ered-timelines

I'm super excited to see what may be The Visionary's nemesis and whatever else they're adding.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

On one hand I'm squeeing over star citizen.
    On the other hand Craftyy barely got funded.

Shame on all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smight View Post
    Wasn't the last SotS game unplayable or something?
    Last edited by Opperhapsen; 2012-10-30 at 12:28 PM.