New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLIIV: Season II Ruined My Fanon!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Hello, I, Ouranos, Looooorrrrrd of the Sky's, has returned!
    Oh god yes.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    That makes four different terms that are used by the show or its creators (Pegasus unicorn, Unicorn, Pegacorn, Alicorn). I wonder if we'll ever get a clarification on whether those terms are interchangeable, or if some of them are just nicknames, or whatever...
    Oh yes, it would be in the same episode where the creation of the Everfree, the fate of every antagonist to date, Bonbons real voice, the reason Zecora rhymes, and the place where the Flutterponies/Griffons/Zebras/Dragons/ Seaponies live all get explaned, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    New headcanon. Aotrs is actually a pony princess. His special talent is being a lich. Discuss.

I was going to say something about this, but then you went and said exactly what I wanted to say. Bravo sir pony princess lich. Bravo.
    ...Oh this will not end well. Igor, initiate emergency lich-appeasement protocols!
    Ook.

Spoiler
    Show

Otherwise known as Plan OhsweetCelestiablastthemnotme.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh yes, it would be in the same episode where the creation of the Everfree, the fate of every antagonist to date, Bonbons real voice, the reason Zecora rhymes, and the place where the Flutterponies/Griffons/Zebras/Dragons/ Seaponies live all get explaned, too.
    Do Flutterponies and Seaponies even exist in G4?

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

5. - Top - End - #305

Not yet. Only a matter of time.....
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    ...Oh this will not end well. Igor, initiate emergency lich-appeasement protocols!
    Ook.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh Faust, the...

HHHHNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Before today, I didn't know you could get diabeetus, twice.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

They exist in the sense that there is no cannon evidence that they don't exist, i.e. the absence of evidence of absense is evidence of evidence.

Also, it's been posted once before but it bears repeating
    Spoiler
    Show

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Ook.

Spoiler
    Show

Ultimate image dump, round 3.

CMC antics! (4 images):
    Spoiler
    Show

Lazy CMC, linked for size.

And some pretty/handsome ponies! Contains some shipping (7 images):
    Spoiler
    Show

Does that count as bondage?

Plus one of AJ & Dash at the beach, linked for hugeness.

A few humans (just 2 images):
    Spoiler
    Show

Random cute stuff (5 images):
    Spoiler
    Show

Pointy ponies. Linked for size again.

And then some random stuff (3 images).
    Spoiler
    Show

Steampunk Octavia, linked for enormous size.

Really random stuff (2 images):
    Spoiler
    Show

Aaaaand there it is. About 60 images, over three posts. *Phew* I'm beat.

Grif, if you're reading this, I'd like to get my ponythread element changed to Element of Image Dumps, assuming it hasn't already been taken
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    A moment of fridge brilliance for this one because we knew this as early as Lesson Zero. During Twilight's nightmare of Magic Kindergarden we saw an alicron foal, we thought it was just an animation error but really it was an early warning of the finale.
    Objection. When the people responsible say it's an animation error, it's an animation error. Which, in this case, they did. If I recall correctly, they started from a pegafilly model and forgot to remove the wings. (No, I don't have the exact words. It was several months ago, and I don't feel like looking through a whole bunch of ponythreads just for a little confirmation of what I already know.)
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Thinking about it, this show has actually taught me some important lessons about myself. A couple weeks ago in my rock climbing class we were rappelling out the window of the football stadium, about 50 feet up. Even though there were so many redundant ropes that it was completely save and I wanted to look cool doing it, I still spent several minutes clutching the ledge right under the window and wall in terror, while "Fluttershy! Fluttershy! Fluttershy can hardly fly!" kept looping in my head, until I took a deep breath and rappelled to the ground.

But, much more importantly. My brother is a complete jerk. He doesn't know anything about personal space, he loves antagonizing me, and he flies into a rage at the drop of a hat. Dealing with him is like walking on eggshells.

But, of all things, when I watched Sisterhooves Special, I spent several minutes looking at my laptop screen before finally realizing that as awful as my brother is, I could have been, could be, a better big sister to him.
    First of all, that bit I put in bold? Holy crap your life sounds awesome!

I think sibling relationships are by nature a whole lot more complex than the show makes them out to be. Like the "We never had a single fight" line in BBBFF. Twi's got some serious nostalgia vision going on if she really believes that. Just because you two are related doesn't mean you MUST be best friends. Don't be too hard on yourself, but if it really bothers you reach out to the guy and be a better sister going forward.

And the episode that always flashes into my mind is Dragonshy. I find trying new things and making small talk with random strangers kind of terrifying, but only when I know its coming and have time to dread it in advance. If I make myself overcome the fear and urge to hide somewhere and just DO it, I'm actually quite good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Twilight's family appears to be quite influential? They are extremely wealthy, their son became the captain of the guard/married a princess, they not only got their daughter into the examination for magical school but she became the son-queens favorite student.
    Well, they're certainly influential NOW, but we don't really know how rich or noble they were in the back story. Shining Armor and Twilight both have risen to their respective levels on the basis of merit, especially Twilight. I imagine Celestia would be rather unimpressed by noble titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Reviewers Wanted
    First draft of another little story, in need of critical eyes... this one is really silly, but it's been begging me to be written for AGES. Probably one of my oldest story ideas and now it's finally almost done. Such a relief.

Read it and tell me what you think, please.

[Random][Shipping]
    The mere thought of Pinkie Pie having a day where nothing happens threw wide the Pancelestial Passages to Pinksanity and produced this tall tale of culinary adventures and true love instead! -- In other words, Pinkie Pie invites Fluttershy over for pasta and wheatballs. Grab a fork and join in, the sauce is about to get real!

Pinkie Prefers her Pasta Plain... and Phluttershy her Ponies a Pretty Pink
    Spoiler
    Show

"Really digging her hoof in [to her eye] - I know what you mean but... *shudder* but I'm oversensitive to eye trauma.

I'm also immediately noticing that your Pinkie voice isn't quiiiiite right. It kind of comes and goes, but lines like "I think I would love me a cupcake today" and "Time to grab the day and shake it real good" don't ring true to me as things Pinkie would say. Other places you do seem to have a better handle on it. Maybe go watch A Friend Indeed again? I mean this a pony that thinks in FELT so if you're writing her thoughts you better be able to bring the crazy

"Within too long the lovely aroma..." Within definitely isn't the word you want there.

FlutterPie IS a cute ship. I'll even overlook the way it obviously contradicts the OTP that is FlutterDash

Not that the story doesn't take a turn for the insane as the flying spaghetti monster shows up. Kinda out of nowhere, but this IS a Pinkie Pie story with the random tag, so let's see where you're going with this.

Baltimore is spelled with one L, Baltimare probably should be too.

You use the phrase "the pink pony" quite a few times. Try to find a new way to reference her to avoid that sort of repetition.

If I hadn't known you were here asking how to write the voice of a mafia/godfather pony I wouldn't know that's what you were going for in the Master Pasta's dialogue. I'd drop some obvious Godfather references right off the bat. here's some of the more famous quotes from that movie.

OK, that kiss was pretty awesome.

My biggest recommendation is that you ax the first three and a half pages entirely and jump straight to Fluttershy showing up for dinner. The only purpose those pages serve right now is to establish that Pinkie and Fluttershy have Sugercube corner to themselves and Pinkie's invited Fluttershy over for a date. You can do that with a couple lines in the first scene. Plus, right now the relative normalcy of those intro pages clashes with the total insanity that suddenly erupts later. As a general principle I'm a firm believer in starting the story as close to the ending as possible.

Random thought of the day:
    If we ever see Celestia and Luna's father in the show, he should be voiced by Brain Blessed (if nothing else it would explain a great deal about Luna).
    This NEEDS to happen.

Then he and Discord get into an argument and I am preemptively declaring this the GREATEST POSSIBLE EPISODE THAT COULD EVER EXIST

There's actually two distinct things here. One is people, especially right after the show came out, who would respond with "why would anyone in their right minds ever want to watch this?" It became common to respond to those people by telling them that actually it was really good and they should check it out. A more recent phenomenon (and one that I haven't seen much outside this forum) is people actually saying that it's too popular and they're tired of ponies everywhere even though they don't really mind the show. I feel much more sympathy to that but it is kind of weird that people get more annoyed with ponies than with Star Wars references or Firefly references or [insert your favorite popular show here] references.
    Ponies hit the internet HARD. There are people out there who are guilty of shoehorning pony images and memes into unrelated conversations in a way that Firefly and Star Wars fans don't with their stuff. That's obnoxious and people shouldn't do it.

TLDR Don't be these guys I've never even watched this the whole way through because it's just THAT awkward
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post

Well, they're certainly influential NOW, but we don't really know how rich or noble they were in the back story. Shining Armor and Twilight both have risen to their respective levels on the basis of merit, especially Twilight. I imagine Celestia would be rather unimpressed by noble titles.
    Well, she still allows an aristocracy to float around her, so she can't be too against titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

12. - Top - End - #312

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Well, she still allows an aristocracy to float around her, so she can't be too against titles.
    I'm not saying she's against them, but she seems to admire and like Twilight on a pony-to-pony level and as her student. I doubt any of that esteem comes from whatever title Twilight has, it comes from her liking Twilight the individual. She'd like her exactly as much if she came from an impoverished background as she would if she were the daughter of a baron or duchess or whatever noble houses control the Canterlot social scene
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I don't know if that was suggested before, but it fits neatly into previous Gens of MLP

Spoiler
    Show
    It all makes so much sense now...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    Hi hi. Just wanted to say I watched the first 14 episodes on Netflix today to see what all the fuss was about. It's a pretty good show and I enjoyed it. ^_^ Also there are a lot more ponies on this page of this thread than I've seen around and that I thought were. But yeah, good times!
    (Delayed) Welcome!

I'd have to say my top 3 songs of S2 would be
    Smile Smile Smile
    This Day Aria
    and
    Becoming Popular
    I think I agree on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Top 3 Nominations for Funnies Moment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Must be Crackle's cousin...
    Oh Come ON!
    Pinkie - Weapon of Mass Annoyance

Top 3 Nominations for Best Twilight Moment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight & Future Twilight
    This is MY BOOK! And I'm gonna READ IT!!
    I'm going to do what I do best; Lecture her!

Looks like nominations are finished for that category. So let's move onto another one...

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Dramatic Moment
    Note: This is dramatic in the literary sense, not who hammed it up the best.
    I support "Cadence"'s revealing moment of evil at the end of Part 1.

And it would be the best episode ever in the history of television. Okay, maybe not, but it'd still be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well I finally finished the season finale and I am pleased.

Also I see Season II Ruined my Fanon has finally been chosen as a title name. So tell me, how did season 2 ruin your Fanon?
    It's funny, I've not actually had much fanon ruined, but rather enhanced. One minor piece I can think of is "ponies mature at the same rate as Earth horses", which seems to be invalidated by "Cadence"'s "six-year-old's birthday party" comment. 'Course, I probably could try to explain it away somehow (changelings mature slower!), but I don't feel like it.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Speaking of Seaponies, I think if the princesses had a father, he should be based off Poseidon, since he created horses and the Pegasus. Mom could be a Mother Nature type figure, to create a "sky, earth and ocean" triad.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2012-04-29 at 06:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Dramatic Moment
    Hmm:

• Twilight talking to Cadance in the Caves (the first few minutes of A Canterlot Wedding part 2)
    • Twilight turning Grey in Return of Harmony
    • Spike's "Who am I" moment in Dragon Quest

Would give relevant youtube links, but I'm at work right now

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

Season 2 Pony Awards!
    Most Dramatic Moment
    My vote goes to "Cadence" imprisoning Twilight at the end of Part 1 of A Canterlot Wedding.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

17. - Top - End - #317
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Hmm:

• Twilight turning Grey in Return of Harmony
    Oh yeah, that part really got to me. Seeing Twilight hit maximum despair was heartbreaking. If anything locked Discord into Chaotic Evil for me instead of just Chaotic it was that.
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

18. - Top - End - #318

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    And then some random stuff (3 images).
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, thats it, who let out the Flutterghast early! That was supposed to be a surprise for the Aotrs, you morons! Birthdays need planning, you know! Great, now we are all going to die, because everyone is going to say yes to that blasted thing. Congrats, whoever you are, you have done something no one else has done succesfuly in the entire history of Time: you have doomed Creation. As for me and the cult, we are taking a trip to the Negative Energy Plane right now.Zai jian, Ponythread.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Why I am sensing the phrase "DASH'S ALIVE!" floating in the general direction of this conversation...?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    New headcanon. Aotrs is actually a pony princess. His special talent is being a lich. Discuss.
    *spittake*

Ahahahahaha!

Oh...crap! Er, look boss, quick!

Ook.

Spoiler
    Show

Dude, I think that worked... Just. Nice!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-04-29 at 07:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    First of all, that bit I put in bold? Holy crap your life sounds awesome!

I think sibling relationships are by nature a whole lot more complex than the show makes them out to be. Like the "We never had a single fight" line in BBBFF. Twi's got some serious nostalgia vision going on if she really believes that. Just because you two are related doesn't mean you MUST be best friends. Don't be too hard on yourself, but if it really bothers you reach out to the guy and be a better sister going forward.

And the episode that always flashes into my mind is Dragonshy. I find trying new things and making small talk with random strangers kind of terrifying, but only when I know its coming and have time to dread it in advance. If I make myself overcome the fear and urge to hide somewhere and just DO it, I'm actually quite good at it.
    I know, it was a lot of fun. But I only realized that after the several minutes whimpering and clutching the side of the building.

The reason it hit hard is that the episode hit really, really close to home. It was unnervingly similar to my home life in several ways.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, who was it here who was doing the guest comics for Friendship is Dragons? Just saw the four comic guest arc finish and have to say enjoyed them alot! (Actually in terms of going "off the rails" of the established story, I think you did better than the normal comic)

@ Bayonet: Yeah, it got me good that scene.

Re: Most dramatic scene competition.

Is it possible to get the "Cadence burning Twilight" and the following scene of her talking in the caves as one scene for the purposes of voting? I have to say I think the talk in the caves is the more dramatic of the two, especially when Twi goes on the offensive ("You leave my brother alone, you monster!")

Merging the two would prevent the final 3 being dominated by Canterlot Wedding scenes, although I think it would give us a hoofs down winner overall

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Oh Faust, the...

HHHHNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Before today, I didn't know you could get diabeetus, twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander
    Good news, Igor! Not only have we preven...delayed an eventual homicidal rampage, but I believe we can weaponize the protocol.
    Ook?
    Of course I can weaponize the protocol! I can weaponize anything! I'M THE PROFESSOR!

My Homebrew

Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Good news, Igor! Not only have we preven...delayed an eventual homicidal rampage, but I believe we can weaponize the protocol.
    Ook?
    Of course I can weaponize the protocol! I can weaponize anything! I'M THE PROFESSOR!
    I take it you made this weapon then?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I know, it was a lot of fun. But I only realized that after the several minutes whimpering and clutching the side of the building.

The reason it hit hard is that the episode hit really, really close to home. It was unnervingly similar to my home life in several ways.
    I saw the BBBFF song literally 48 hours after finding out that I'd be moving away from my sister for graduate school next week, so I definitely know that feel.

The only logical conclusion is that Studio B is employing an elaborate spy ring to keep an eye on us in order to time their episodes for maximum impact.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *spittake*

Ahahahahaha!

Oh...crap! Er, look boss, quick!

Hmm.... I'm not seeing a denial.

Anarion has discovered the lich's deepest secret. He can't deny it now!

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

What the heck is this ... no really ... what the buck did I just read?

Choose your own adventure: A Brony Hero in Equestria

So far I have gotten the following endings:

Spoiler
    Show
    • Shot by a Cop
    • Been turned into Princess Cadence
    • Been killed by Princess Luna
    • Turned into stone by Princess Celestia
    • Banished to the mercury mines by Princess Celestia
    • Turned into Princess Celestia and ruling Equestria
    • Married Trixie
    • Married Applejack
    • Been forced to clean up all the loose piles of leaves in Everfree forest
    • Defeated Tirek in a DDR battle
    • Married Tirek

27. - Top - End - #327
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Reviewers Wanted
    First draft of another little story, in need of critical eyes... this one is really silly, but it's been begging me to be written for AGES. Probably one of my oldest story ideas and now it's finally almost done. Such a relief.

Read it and tell me what you think, please.

[Random][Shipping]
    The mere thought of Pinkie Pie having a day where nothing happens threw wide the Pancelestial Passages to Pinksanity and produced this tall tale of culinary adventures and true love instead! -- In other words, Pinkie Pie invites Fluttershy over for pasta and wheatballs. Grab a fork and join in, the sauce is about to get real!

Pinkie Prefers her Pasta Plain... and Phluttershy her Ponies a Pretty Pink
    On it.

Spoiler
    Show
    • Shot by a Cop
    • Married Trixie
    • Married Applejack
    • Married Tirek
    I got beaten to death by Nicolas Cage

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    • Shot by a Cop
    • Married Trixie
    • Married Applejack
    • Married Tirek
    Oh god. Must...stay...away...
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    • Shot by a Cop
    • Married Trixie
    • Married Applejack
    • Married Tirek
    Spine broken by ponies for my carnivorus ways.
    Kind of resenting that it seems to think that all of us would go so extreme if we found ourself in Equestria, no I would not loot Luna's room for stuff or ride Twilight all the way back to Canterlot.
    Still tried Ctrl Alt E on my computer, nothing happened
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Hmm.... I'm not seeing a denial.

Anarion has discovered the lich's deepest secret. He can't deny it now!
    OH COME ON! I just averted a homicidal space-lich rampage! It's like you ponies want to enrage him.
    Ook.
    *sigh* Igor, go to Plan Pleasedon'tkillus.

Spoiler
    Show

And one massive one
    Spoiler
    Show

Thankfully I love this ship myself.

My Homebrew

Show