New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIII: Game of Mundo

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Poultry Shout.
    Looking at the responses to this quote a lot of people don't seem to know this.

Also relevant.
    Steam name: [GitP]Ceruton

That is all.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

I went on-hit Kassadin top last night.

I need to do this more. Manamune, Wriggles, Wit's, BVeil, and eventually a Bloodrazor.

Had a Malady at one point, used Zerks for boots, wondering what else I might want to consider on such a build?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Firbolg in the Playground

An offline friend got me starting to play a few days ago, and I like the game, so I figured that as GitP was sure to have a thread on it, I ought to come find it.

North America Server.
    Forum name is Recaiden
    Summoner name is also Recaiden

I've been playing Annie and fighting bots mostly. Beginner bots are easy, but intermediate usually beat me, so I figure I have a good ways to go before I'm up to any actual PvP games.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #604
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    I went on-hit Kassadin top last night.

I need to do this more. Manamune, Wriggles, Wit's, BVeil, and eventually a Bloodrazor.

Had a Malady at one point, used Zerks for boots, wondering what else I might want to consider on such a build?
    I saw a few bruiser Kassadins a month or two back. Tear -> Warmog's -> Manamune -> Atma's, they seemed pretty dang strong mid game.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ziren View Post
    Looking at the responses to this quote a lot of people don't seem to know this.

Also relevant.
    Those were so funny.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    An offline friend got me starting to play a few days ago, and I like the game, so I figured that as GitP was sure to have a thread on it, I ought to come find it.

North America Server.
    Forum name is Recaiden
    Summoner name is also Recaiden

I've been playing Annie and fighting bots mostly. Beginner bots are easy, but intermediate usually beat me, so I figure I have a good ways to go before I'm up to any actual PvP games.
    Don't let that get you down man in comparison to beginner bots, intermediate are GODS. The actual people you will be playing in the lower levels will be much worse than them
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

7. - Top - End - #607

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    I saw a few bruiser Kassadins a month or two back. Tear -> Warmog's -> Manamune -> Atma's, they seemed pretty dang strong mid game.
    I will likely replace Warmog's with either Triforce or Mallet. Not a huge fan of the health brick.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Colossus in the Playground

You know when you are playing support Lulu, your mid DCs due to bug, you end up taking mid vs. Ahri with gold/10 runes, CV/Exhaust, 0/9/21 Masteries and Faerie Charm + Sight Ward + 2 Vision Wards, your teammate takes 10 mins to reconnect and then you win? It's pretty awesome. 10 min DCs seem to be my charm for ranked; haven't lost a game where we had one yet (two out of two thus far).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground

Night Lady, the Dark Librarian

New favorite nickname.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2012-05-14 at 09:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Night Lady, the Dark Librarian

New favorite nickname.
    "I dunno wat is false damage" is probably my favorite.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    Don't let that get you down man in comparison to beginner bots, intermediate are GODS. The actual people you will be playing in the lower levels will be much worse than them
    Well that's encouraging. Thanks.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Am I the only one annoyed that zenith blade, unlike every other dash in the game, doesn't trigger an auto-attack to the target?
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

13. - Top - End - #613

For bruiser Kass, do I want to be a brick with Manamune/Atma's providing all my damage, or is a Wit's/Wriggle's/Phage/Bloodrazor type build better?
    -\==/-

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Beginner bots kind of just walk forward and attack things until they die, intermediates actually play the game. They're still not hugely good at it- when you get some experience (or spend some time watching streams/spectating good players) you can see the errors they make pretty easily- but there's a couple of things they do very well that can destroy beginner players (aside from the preset advantages, like respawning stupidly fast and getting hugely increased base gold/5sec rates, so they always have full builds regardless of how poorly they're doing if you let the game drag too long.)

1: They have perfect game-state knowledge. The bots know, absolutely, what will happen at a given moment if they perform a given action. So, for example, if you see Karthusbot using Requiem, it's because the damage it does at the moment he starts casting *will* kill somebody. They don't have any prediction power, however- the channel on that same Requiem means it can be easily foiled by champs who can heal or use a defensive skill, because Karthus only knows what's happening right now.

2: Related to 1, they never miss (certain kinds of) skill shots. Cassbot will pretty much always get her stun off, and never misses you because she misjudged the cone. Anniebot will always drop Tibbers directly on you. Tristbot does some crazy stuff with Rocket Jump-> Buster Shot displacement combos (she will often use it *while in transit* with Rocket Jump to land behind you and launch you directly back up-lane.

3: Probably the most important, once laning breaks down (triggered, at least in the bot's minds, by breaking a tower) they never go anywhere alone. If you see one bot, you can be fairly certain 1-4 more of them aren't far away. This means if you're 'dueling' a bot, you need to be able to take it or at least make it run away within a few seconds; if you can't, you need to get out of the area, because you are about to be ganked.

Beginning players, and even a lot of more practiced players, tend to be pretty bad about all of these, which means Intermediate bots have concrete advantages against you and can be quite difficult before you've learned enough about the game to take advantage of their flaws in other aspects of their play.

15. - Top - End - #615

Hey, remember those LoL Cyphers that were going on a little while back? Well, those are still going on.

And what have we here? The voice actors of several champs together for a Cypher?
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

16. - Top - End - #616
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    "I dunno wat is false damage" is probably my favorite.
    For me it has to be "Valoran health sysetm vry bad".

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Sometimes bot feeds, a member of your team is raging like it's the end of the world, and the only thing your feeding top and feeding bot can agree upon is 'surrender at 20'.

Sometimes you just win anyways because you're up against a terrible Cassiopia (I've honestly only seen like 2-3 good ones, they all seem to suck and just spam their Q until they run out of mana) mid and therefore can farm well. Oh, and the entire enemy team is so ridiculously bad that in 7 minutes you can destroy 2 towers in your lane and the whole game turns around. Seriously, I got the feeling several times that if the enemy was even halfway competent it would have been a curbstomp, but...they sucked.

Spoiler
    Show

I wanted to play Blitz, but our team was instalock Shyvana, instalock Shen and fastlock Alistar.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

18. - Top - End - #618

Daemon

Nice! but seems to me like teemo was also doing good work.
    also - spam q on cassio? shouldn't she just do q/w and spam e? ridicullous!
    Last edited by Cen; 2012-05-15 at 03:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Banned

Stupid teammate moment of the day:

Low health after taking Baron and fighting over their inner mid turret, I farm bot lane and blue-pill. Enemy Graves goes to bot lane after I pilled, and our Warwick decides to come down from mid and fight him, despite being lower level and less itemized. He chases Graves past the (still-standing) outer bot turret, and dies when help arrives. I try to reach the fight, but I haven't gotten past OUR outer bot turret, so I turn around to farm.

WW proceeds to rage at me, yelling about this dumb Corki who does nothing but farm all day.

In a gold-Elo ranked game.

Seriously?

Fortunately, top-lane Jax carried us.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-05-15 at 04:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Stupid teammate moment of the day:

Low health after taking Baron and fighting over their inner mid turret, I farm bot lane and blue-pill. Enemy Graves goes to bot lane after I pilled, and our Warwick decides to come down from mid and fight him, despite being lower level and less itemized. He chases Graves past the (still-standing) outer bot turret, and dies when help arrives. I try to reach the fight, but I haven't gotten past OUR outer bot turret, so I turn around to farm.

WW proceeds to rage at me, yelling about this dumb Corki who does nothing but farm all day.

In a gold-Elo ranked game.

Seriously?

Fortunately, top-lane Jax carried us.
    If anything, Gold Elo is the place where most people still don't have a solid strategic understanding of the game but are mechanically decent. For example, while climbing to Plat I've more than once gotten complained at for "focusing tanks" in teamfights...when I'm playing the AD.

Somebody missed the memo about AD having to kill enemy bruisers before getting to the squishies 'cause, y'know, if you get CCd by bruisers you'll get killed by them.

And people often try to beeline enemy carries and get picked off for free and overall, the theoretical understanding of everyone's roles in teamfights is often off. As well as on the mechanics of initiation and the time of initiation.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    And people often try to beeline enemy carries and get picked off for free and overall, the theoretical understanding of everyone's roles in teamfights is often off. As well as on the mechanics of initiation and the time of initiation.
    Beelining still works at my level of play, but probably because non-AoE-comps always aim their damage all over the place.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

If anything, Gold Elo is the place where most people still don't have a solid strategic understanding of the game but are mechanically decent. For example, while climbing to Plat I've more than once gotten complained at for "focusing tanks" in teamfights...when I'm playing the AD.
    I don't know much about high-elo play (apart from my friend saying 'omg 1700 ELO and still noob teams'), but it seems like in general "good" people are actually terrible. That is, they can play well mechanically (CS, avoid ganks, get kills, etc.) but lack communication, coordination, map awareness, etc.

To be honest, focusing tanks only works if the enemy team doesn't just go 'lol focus tank more' and kill you. Which they can will do if your own team can't/won't help you.

It's always hilarious when I'm playing a "tank" (Malphite, for example) and get ignored because only noobs focus tanks...and then kill everyone squishies because I'm actually a good damage dealer.

I will admit, although I'm unsure of exactly how much I know, I'm interested in more on 'mechanics of/time of initiation'. I've occasionally gotten raged at for not initiating immediately while waiting for a good time to do so (if I run in and my team doesn't follow up, I will die), but I think this was a good decision from me. In general, though, what are some lesser-known things about initiation?

(For example, I had no idea about the 'focus bruiser = good' thing because, well...it's kind of counter-intuitive at first, at least when everyone tries to go straight for squishies.)

23. - Top - End - #623

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    I don't know much about high-elo play (apart from my friend saying 'omg 1700 ELO and still noob teams'), but it seems like in general "good" people are actually terrible. That is, they can play well mechanically (CS, avoid ganks, get kills, etc.) but lack communication, coordination, map awareness, etc.

To be honest, focusing tanks only works if the enemy team doesn't just go 'lol focus tank more' and kill you. Which they can will do if your own team can't/won't help you.
    Fact is that if you play an AD carry and don't try and shred the front in fights you're probably doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-05-16 at 01:12 AM.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

There's a substantive difference between 'tank' and 'tankydps', tho. A full on tank tends to be ignorable once they've used cooldowns; if you encounter, say, a Leona or Alistair who doesn't have any offensive items, then you don't want to be hitting them if you have any other options at all. They'll use their spells and then they don't do much of anything for ~6 seconds. They might initiate, sure, and you need to be careful not to get caught out by what they can do when they trip all those CDs, but when the actual fight is underway and it basically comes down to who your AD/bruisers are autoattacking, they should be the *last* characters you go after.

A good tankydps/bruiser build, on the other hand, is a primary damage threat in its own right. Which means you need to take it out in order to engage on the softer AD/AP carries, because if you don't they'll collapse on you or jump to *your* backline and rip you apart. So yeah, they're perfectly fine to focus on when you don't manage to catch the really soft enemies.

It's always hilarious when I'm playing a "tank" (Malphite, for example) and get ignored because only noobs focus tanks...and then kill everyone squishies because I'm actually a good damage dealer.
    That, on the other hand, is one of those things where mechanically-competent players can still be really, really bad at the game; it's easy for people to lock in their ideas of what each champ is and forget that (for most champs) it's not Riot's designations or even the skills and base numbers that determine if a champ is an ignorable tank or not.. it's what they build.

25. - Top - End - #625

DEMACIA!
    Spoiler
    Show

Played Team Yordles too but we lost that one Will have to do it again.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Banned

DEMACIA!
    Spoiler
    Show

Played Team Yordles too but we lost that one Will have to do it again.
    Seeing Nautilus, Jax, and Viktor on the enemy team made me want to play Team Faceless with Blitz and Morde or something like that.

27. - Top - End - #627

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Seeing Nautilus, Jax, and Viktor on the enemy team made me want to play Team Faceless with Blitz and Morde or something like that.
    Huh, interesting idea. There's Yi too at least, and I guess Veigar/Mummy/Kassadin/Kog'Maw/doyoucountGalio'sStoneface/ManyOtherQuestionableOptions.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-05-16 at 01:49 AM.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Tanks are designed to be unkillable. They stack defenses and become very tanky and have moderate CC/damage to follow it up.

However, ADs are designed to kill tanks. They shred things like no other. They tend to have good kite/range while tanks are melee. Heroes like Udyr and WW are pretty useless if they get kited. Chogath has no real good initiation, though his counter initiation is respectable. Etc.

The thing is, though, tanks can kill ADs if people let them. Udyr and WW will kill a AD carry pretty easily. Chogath with RoA can probably 1-shot an Ashe if Chogath lands his full combo (ult included), especially if he has Red Buff.

Furthermore, Tanks tend to have, if not damage, amazing aura items. Aegis. Frozen Heart. Zekes. Heroes like Taric are basically walking auras that give the enemy team a LOT of free stats. Alistair's CC/peel is some of the best in the game.

The problem is when the enemy tanks are both tanky and their ADs shred your team really fast. If you can't stop the enemy damage fast enough you lose. Often times teams without a lot of assassins are stuck killing the enemy tanks first, but that can spell their doom as the enemy AD has free dps for long enough to win a fight.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

I like Renekton. Sometimes I feel like I'm not very good with him.

Then I don't.

Spoiler
    Show

Early game it was 28 - 38 in kills. The game started by Shen getting 4-man ganked at blue and I died afterwards as I was going back to my lane.

I was top against Trynd/Renekton, who double teamed my tower down at about 10-15 minutes.

Things were looking grim. "Surrender?" Shen asked. I considered it.

Then we just kind of started winning. Twitch was getting fed, Veigar made it his personal mission to say 'NO, HOW ABOUT YOU DIE NOW?!' to Karthus every fight and I did the whole 'ERWEQ slash things I dunno I'm Renekton' thing.

I got all the way to legendary before they gunned me down as I defended the base. Then Twitch respawned and got a triple kill.

It was a great game, with lots of back-and-forth. In the end I think we won because we got more dragons, a baron and, primarily, Trynd was BDing bot while we were teamfighting. Multiple times.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Barbarian in the Playground

ERWEQ slash things I dunno I'm Renekton.
    Croc OP bro.
    Spoiler
    Show