New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Return of the Scarlet Empress IC

Aya sighs to herself and continues to look out of a window. No amount of essence use was going to convince them otherwise, she would have to tap in the other source to do so and that might take a while to do.

"Do not forget in selling one self to the masters is to sell your self entirely, and my Caste Mark alone should be enough to convince of that I did not entirely sell myself to them. Though I still debate that I did at all, but even I cannot be all that certain." She glances to the men, "For now I will accept your distrust and I will work to prove it to you that I do not mean your efforts ill. Your fear is understandable, this is why I painfully hide myself. It is not... a thing I like... being hated or feared." She frowns suddenly and glances to all three of them with distrust. "I hope this goes without saying, that cutting me open to figure out how I tick would not be a thing, or putting me in box with bars. I haven't done anything bad yet after all. A whole week or two or three I did nothing to harm anyone, if some might remember I tried to help the hurt Penumbra who refused me day after day. So please keep that in mind. I 'm just as confused in some of these things as you are."

Spoiler
    Show
    Of Cecelyne's tree I have Sorcery and the survive in bad deserts charms so nothing flashy to use there. 4 more xp and a few days and she can have Sandstrike Blast. XD
    Last edited by Illyceria; 2012-09-05 at 01:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Bugbear in the Playground

"So, what would happen if someone Exalted after they became Akuma? Could it happen? What would the Exaltation look like?"

Skandi pauses.

"Also, can Akuma be freed, or are they enslaved forever?"

Spoiler
    Show
    There's actually two different ways for a Solar to use Yozi charms without being Akuma; either by learning them with the Eclipsoid power or by using a special high-Essence charm. So Child's statement, though broadly accurate, is, literally, false.

Not that Skandi knows that, since he knows basically nothing about either Solars or Yozis.
    R.I.P. Skandi the Wolf of Return of the Scarlet Empress

Fate/Heroic: A homebrew conversion of the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying system to the Fate/stay night setting.

Friendplug: Arpista Editing!

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

"I recognize your actions: those and your caste mark are precisely why I'm not taking hostile action against you right now. You did mention another, though. I assume that's why you left the group in the first place? Can you tell us more about him or her?

As far as I know, you cannot Exalt after becoming an Akuma: the weapons of the Incarna were designed only to go to those who have true free will, so that the chosen could fight the Yozi. Akuma give this up, and thus cannot be chosen. As for freeing them, the only method is the same as the Immaculate faith preaches as the method of freeing anathema: death. And even that might not be enough, for the soul is forever marked as a tool of the Yozi.
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    There's actually two different ways for a Solar to use Yozi charms without being Akuma; either by learning them with the Eclipsoid power or by using a special high-Essence charm. So Child's statement, though broadly accurate, is, literally, false.

Not that Skandi knows that, since he knows basically nothing about either Solars or Yozis.
    One is a high essence and little known charm, so I doubt Child knows it. The second, well, that relies on the Solar in question getting the Yozi to teach them the charms, and I'm not sure how likely that is.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

4. - Top - End - #634
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aya shakes her head once again feeling her heart speed up and she frown while her cheeks redden and tears touched her eyes and she looked away quickly. Trying hard to reign in her emotions. "I... I'm sorry I cannot, it was extremely and painfully hard being there with him, and I wanted to get away so badly. I... I was curious is all... but that was not what I was looking for."

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Child merely furrows his brow at this, looking to the others for their opinions.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

6. - Top - End - #636

Skandi thinks for a moment. "So. You can't tell us who he is. Can you tell us if, first, it's because he didn't tell you who he was, or, second if he did something or said something that means you can't tell us?"

Fate/Heroic: A homebrew conversion of the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying system to the Fate/stay night setting.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aya glances to Skadi she couldn't explain the problem and it bothered her, but it upset her and she was not happy by it. She lowers her eyes, "The second... I'm sorry... I just... I wish I could... but I cannot... its unsafe if I do." She hugs her legs to herself and places her forehead onto her knees, tears in her eyes. This was bad, and she wanted so badly to make this stop.
    Last edited by Illyceria; 2012-09-08 at 03:40 AM.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Troll in the Playground

Starfall

Very hesitantly, in a manner nearly exactly like one approaching a cornered wolf, the Sidereal softly pats her on the back soothingly.

"...I think a night of rest for all of us is in order. It's late. We can talk more in the morning."

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone roll their Conviction for Willpower regen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #639

Skandi shrugs.

"Sounds reasonable. This used to be an inn; I assume there's still somewhere to sleep?"

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

Starfall

"Aside from the expansion of what was the common room, we haven't made many adjustments to the building. The upper floor still has plenty of rooms."
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #641

Skandi heads upstairs to try and find an unoccupied room in which to sleep.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aya gives Starfall an appreciatively look despite the whole cautious thing. She leaves her seemingly comfortable place at the window and heads upstairs to find a nice and comfy place to sleep. It had been one long day. Sadly she did not go to sleep quickly.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Troll in the Playground

Church of the Shining Ones

The Exalts sleep in the converted inn; some restfully, others in fits and starts.

Morning comes, and they rise, ready for a new day.

Spoiler
    Show

What do you do? You have a few days of free time.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

Child

Early next morning, Child makes certain to corner Starfall, away from the ears of the others. He doesn't exactly speak softly, but it's clear he'd rather keep this private.

"I doubt you can tell me much about what the Gold has learned about the deathknights, but does the word Monstrance mean anything to you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quick Question, but have I spent enough time training for Predestined Triumph Practice? If not I'll be finishing that training, but I'm not sure.

Also, anyone have ideas on how to approach the Wyld hunt to get our last Sidereal?
    Satomi by Elagune

15. - Top - End - #645
    Troll in the Playground

Starfall

The other Sidereal is still in bed, recuperating from his injuries. At the word, there is a clear reaction.

"...Where did you hear that word?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

Child

"From Penumbra, the renegade Deathknight you met last night."

Child Leans against the doorframe, and crosses his arms over his chest. He doesn't like intero questioning his friend like this, but he needs to know if he can trust Penumbra. Checking out her story seems the best way to do that.
    Satomi by Elagune

17. - Top - End - #647

At some point slightly later in the morning, Skandi is going to want to try and get everyone in the same place to explain what happened with Burning Waters to them.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

Starfall

"...Ah. Shut the door."

Starfall props himself up on the headboard, rubbing at his half-healed injuries, and wincing as he does so.

"We've been told that Deathknights are associated with something called a 'Monstrance of Celestial Portion.' But that's all I know. Hold on."

He peers off into the distance, and Child can recognize the look; Efficient Secretary Technique.

"It's linked with the creation of deathknights. Somehow. Apparently, it turns Solars into Abyssals."

Starfall looks at Child squarely.

"Ayesha is going to want your word that this information remains strictly private. Now, congee should be in the kitchen. We should try to figure out what to do with the not-Akuma and deathknight. And the Solar, maybe even the Lunar might be able to help with that."
    Last edited by industrious; 2012-09-12 at 08:00 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

"Interesting...so it likely ia some sort of arcane link to the exaltation: Penumbra said it was some sort of leash the deathlords held over the abyssals. I, well, I might not be returning to Heaven for aime time. Might be best if we both talked to her at some point, so you can relay the information."

Getting up from the shut door, Child rubs his hand over his face, running Forsaken's words over in his head.

"As for keeping this secret, I won't hide what she tells me. But I won't bring any of the Gold into this. Getting everyone into the kitchen is a good idea. Though, speaking of new caste marks, have you ever seen or heard of one shaped like a diamond, the bottom half a solid purple, with three short lines coming out of the top, one at each corner?"

He phrases it like some off hand question, but there is tension in his eyes as he does so.
    Satomi by Elagune

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

Forsaken Starfall

"Not in my life. The not-Akuma's better be the only one I hear about ever, though."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

"What's that curse the Elders always toss around, 'may you live in interesting times '? I think those times are finally hear.

Let's get you over to the kitchen so we can have that meeting to so we can sort all this out.
    "

Offering his wounded friend a hand up out of the bed, Child allows Forsaken to lean on him if he needs the assistance.
    Satomi by Elagune

22. - Top - End - #652
    Troll in the Playground

Starfall

"Chejop says that," Starfall grumbles familiarly as he leans against Child. It was less a bitter refutation, and more a well-worn debate between the two. "And he's refused to admit we are for the past 25 years."

The Kitchen Table

There are only four Exalts at the Kitchen Table. Starfall leans back in his seat the way mothers tell their kids not to, devouring his congealed rice with the gusto of the aforementioned children. Child, Skandi, and Aya lean back, even though despite the furor with which the Sidereal gobbles down his meal, not a speck of his food escapes his mouth.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

23. - Top - End - #653

Skandi eats slowly and reasonably, which does not change the fact that vast quantities vanish down his gullet. "So, last night I met a rather polite mad bomber by the name of Burning Waters. He has reality-warping powers and he's trying to destroy the city, spark a civil war between rival gangs, and aim the Emissary of Nexus at his enemies (rather like swatting flies with an Essence Cannon). I think he's well-intentioned but insane."

Skandi takes a bite, swallows, and continues.

"Apparently he's also a fan of mine. Any suggestions on what we do about him?"
    Last edited by Aevylmar; 2012-09-13 at 01:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

"...have you tried talking to him..?" asks Sierra tentatively. "If he's a fan of yours, perhaps you can explain the situation."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

Child eats quickly and neatly. No sense stuffing his face, or wasting time over a meal. Too much to do, too little time to do it in.

"Depends. We should probably try getting close to him and trying to talk things out. If he refuses, well, we either leave it at that, or we could get more hostile.

Skandi, I was meaning to ask you something about your lunar companion who showed up at the battle: you were presumably at his house, yes? Did you notice any, well, odd works of art?
    "
    Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #656

He responds to Sierra, first. "I think I convinced him not to burn down Nexus, but that's all. He has A Plan, and he's been hearing all the wrong Skandi stories. Speaking of which, I have a reasonably large quantity of Firedust and I'm looking for ways to put it to productive use; any ideas?"

Then Child. Here he would be faced with a difficult moral dilemma were it not for the joyous coincidence of his lack of knowledge: "None whatsoever. I did visit him, and apparently his inevitable maze of traps and defenses let me through, but I didn't see any unusual art."

He takes another bite. "I'm not sure if I've warned all of you specifically, but even for those I have warned it bears repeating: Symphony of Chimes is very clever and very dangerous. Never trust him, never work with him if you don't have to, and never assume he has anyone else's interests in mind."
    Last edited by Aevylmar; 2012-09-15 at 05:05 AM.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

Starfall

"I don't suppose selling it to the Bureau is out of the question? Because trying to enter the open market with any large quantity of firedust is asking for trouble. Especially if the original owners know it's been stolen."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

28. - Top - End - #658
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aya was sullen as she sat the table. Of the omph and energy that Aya had displayed before this day was not apparent at all today. She poked and picked at her food, listening halfheartedly to Skandi. But an eyebrow raised, "Perhaps... I can alter it into a different source? Less lethal, less troublesome?" Her glance to the others was short lived and her question was soft enough and she really wasn't all that interested, but she thought to raise the option if at all. She put another nibble in her mouth and nodded, "Or find... a deep deep... hole that no one will find."

29. - Top - End - #659

"On the one hand, the Sidereals are the last people who should have powerful explosives. On the other hand, I'm sure that they've already got as much as they need..."

To Starfall: "What are you paying?"

To Aya: "If I sell it, I can put the money to a good use. If I bury it, I can't use it at all."
    Last edited by Aevylmar; 2012-09-18 at 01:31 AM.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

Starfall

"I'd have to check with someone else, but somewhere around ...a talent and quarter?"

"Assuming that you have as much as you say you do, of course."

Spoiler
    Show

That's Resources 3, which would bump Skandi up to Resources 2.

Int+Bureaucracy to figure out the real value of the firedust. Difficulty of 3.
    Spoiler
    Show

Street Value is roughly 3 talents for all the firedust; Resources 4.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2