New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC]

Herald of Winter

"Simple. The north grew stagnant for us. Nothing was there." He snapped his fingers, and an aide brought over a chest, containing two goblets made out of ice. Taking one, and filling it with water, he drank before continuing, the other goblet offered to Bjorn. "We thrive there, even now. At home, our kin and children are protected by both warriors and winter. There is nothing to test us there. So, we came south."

2. - Top - End - #692

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    The crablike being smiled, looking odd on a face with mandibles and plate like natural armor. "Up to it? I would expect no less. On it. Commander."
    He strode up the stairs, only turning back once to look at Edgard.
    "Oh, Commander? You're an Aímancer now."
    "I'm a what now?" It was too late he had disappeared through the doors. He shrugged turning back to the gnome. He couldn't deny he felt a certain electricity.

Spoiler
    Show
    hope he was leaving. Otherwise I just godmoded

Bjor

Bjor accepted the mug without hesitation, drinking in the water it felt good to finally have some sensation. "That still doesn't explain the dragons. I have heard no story of a dragon you can trust."

Spoiler
    Show
    cross posted with you again. I need to stop doing that.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-06-05 at 06:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #693

Herald of Winter

"Simple. They are envoys, representatives of my fellow clanmaster Hallorn, sent to aid us in our charge."

4. - Top - End - #694

"Another Clan-Master?" Images flashed into his mind, a vision of the meeting between the Directors and Hallorn. Where Hallorn declared that he would unite the world under his banner. Bjor breathed heavily for a moment, then looked at Ulstwyn,

"Tell me Ulstwyn, when did the legend bow to another?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I struggled how to describe this I'm going to settle with a simple infusion to Bjor so that he can see to the truth.

Gywn: 5-2
    Divine Infusion to Bjor
    Ending AP: 3

I'm thinking that was a pretty big insult to Ulstwyn... well here we go.

5. - Top - End - #695

Herald of Winter

"What are you implying. The five clans are equal to each other, and so are the five clanmasters." Ulstwyn said, brow furrowing. "No ice-kin bow to anyone!"

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Razorpine Forest
    "We are races of different ideals, of water and land, of different gods... Yet, I do feel love. I guess the big, dumb fighter does get his reward. Even knowing her... was a fluke of fate. Destiny is not futile. We were meant to be together. If that answers not thy question, yes."
    Shayde continued to eat her lunch. "And if the two of you will not be allowed to be together, what then? You must know that there are members of both our races that would not like to see you together. She has already changed much of herself for you. Would you do the same for her?" She passed another fruit to Akir.

Void Above Geasa

That his daughter would not join Kiloasa was disheartening. He had not expected every god to jump at his cause, but Aor was dear to the Arch-Druid and her refusal stung him. But the task at hand was the creation of a new pantheon. Kiloasa turned to his son.

Aqaeris, without the aid of more gods we will be unable to make a strong stand against the Sacrosanct Directors. Will you aid me in sending out a message to all the other deities, that they might know there is another option?

7. - Top - End - #697

Bjor

"I'm implying that Hallorn intends to rule this world equal to no one!" Bjor calms now, thinking that Ulstwyn had been betrayed rather than complicit in becoming another man's underling.

"No man is satisfied being equals." He whispered, "Ulstwyn, if you conquer this world, what then? Do you trust a man who can subjugate wyrms to be satisfied as your equal?"

8. - Top - End - #698

Razorpine Forest
    "Many already regard me as a traitor to our race. I know for sure there are at least two plots on my life all the time. But yes I would give up everything. Being a Klikit. I'd even be an Aquashun... "
    He stared moodily at the fruit in his hand, then took a bite out of it. His mandible-marks left scratches on its delicate surface. He morphed his face into a Woden one, then took another bite. The marks stood out, different yet the same, blemishes on the scarlet skin of the fruit. "Tell me true: is form really material? Our peoples are not so different, in their souls. Our forms are strange and alien to you, the same with you to us. Are we really different at all? Are land and sea one?"

Center of the Wall
    The Aquashun stood on the top of the wall, his grey cloak billowing around him. He tapped his plates. They slowly transmuted into shining steel. "Excellent. Let the purging begin."

Void Near Geasa
    "Until land is sea and sea land, I am your right hand, my father. It shall be as you command."

Calasanctium Empire
    Aquaeris sent out a telepathic message that reverbrated in the minds of the gods unchosen by the Sacrosanct Directors.
    Karma is an evil force. It destroys free will. Who is willing to join us, the Manyfold Protectors, to shield mortals from its menace of clockwork domination?
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-06-05 at 07:55 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull and Gwyn

Vargull snarled as he was torn from the battlefield, his eyes casting a longing gaze towards the fields of war, as the two gods landed on the ground he flared with fire and power, pointing his blade at the Knight as it burned with ethereal fire, the runes glowing white hot

"I tire of the intervention of the other gods, interfering with this war, passing judgement on my people, on all those who would go to war, with all of the arrogant fools who deem their petty sentiments to obstruct this most holy of events, to punish those for walking the sacred path of conflict. No More! No More will their servants meddle in these affairs! I will not stand for it!"

Battlefield, Ember Spirits

There were not too many, not yet... but they had a power none could have thought possible in life, and no mortal creature save the likes of dragons and angels could match up for their sheer power. Bogons, Revenants, Barghests, they might go by many names in future days. For now they were Fury. The countless spirits did not instantly descend upon the living, they did not scatter to the winds, they raised their head to the burning skies, where Alyveran streaked across the skies on his brutal rampage, and the spirits of what had once been Man and Warg, Lycanthrope and Goblin, screamed their fury at the skies.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2012-06-05 at 08:36 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #700

Vargull and Gwyn

Gwyn held her spear defensively ready to fight, still it hadn't dissolved to battle yet,

"Then don't interfere! Instead keep the others from doing so! Fighting in the middle of a battle field... If one god did not yield then how many of your own would die? Inviting another to battle in the midst of your own worshippers is not the way to resolve a dispute!"

Edgard

Edgard heard the nightmarish howls from the spirits of smoke and flame, that... cannot be good.

11. - Top - End - #701

HErald of Winter

"I know what he plans. How I do is nothing of your concern." Ulstwyn said, harking back to the clansmoot. "And what of wyrms? They are slain just as easily as any other mortal foe! Do you mean to come in here and insult me? I could have you dead-so get to the point."

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Edgard was truly disturbed now. Yet another power sought to join them. He accepted the sword and returned it to Klikit. "All right Kilqik (d@mn I butchered that), I accept your service." He pointed to the center of the wall on the map. "I don't know about these spirits but Ice-kin don't like to avoid their enemies, the heaviest fighting will be there, if you think you're up for it."
    The Doctor spoke to the knight, but did not look at him. My people are healing the wounded they can and removing those they cannot from the battle. We-

He stopped as the roaring began, and his glowing red eyes narrowed as he turned his head in the direction of the sound. ... I have a feeling we'll need to deal with that.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #703

Center Wall
    "Well, we can't have that, can we?" the Klikit Knight muttered. His sword glowed a deep, watery blue. "Feel the wrath of the Klikit!" he roared.
    And the bolts of healing to good, harm to evil, pelted down on spirit heads like a deadly rain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+2)[10]
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

14. - Top - End - #704

Quote Originally Posted by Hydranova View Post
    HErald of Winter

"I know what he plans. How I do is nothing of your concern." Ulstwyn said, harking back to the clansmoot. "And what of wyrms? They are slain just as easily as any other mortal foe! Do you mean to come in here and insult me? I could have you dead-so get to the point."
    Bjor

"You know and still-" Bjor sighed, he was in no condition to do this, he drew his sword, "My last point is that I have need of you to confirm your strength or step down. The world may well depend on the Ice-kin." He pointed his sword to Ulstwyn,
    "I issue challenge for the mantle of clan-master."

Edgard

Looking at the Doctor Edgard's eyes are near panic, "Ya think?" He turns to the gnome,"do you know anything about those things?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-06-05 at 08:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #705

Herald of Winter

"You-" Ulstwyn's laughter bellowed through the immediate area. After his laughter subsided, he grinned. "Hah! I have always wanted to test the mettle of your knights personally." He grinned, picking up two metal shortswords. Given how lighter they were than the two greatswords he used, he had to go over in his mind to make certain he picked them up. "Come then, fight!" He charged forward, swinging his swords outwards at Bjorn.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Razorpine Forest

"Try the door again, Akir." Shayde said to the Klikit. "Remember my sister as you go forward."

Void Near Geasa

Kiloasa smiled at his son. Let my voice be joined with yours then.

He spoke to all the gods then, even the Sacrosanct Directors, trying to make himself understood as much as was possible.

I do not wish to bring war among the heavens, but I cannot allow the Sacrosanct Directors to stand as the only pantheon. It is time for the other gods to unite, so that all may be heard as equals. Karma is but a symptom of the problem. Each of us has a purpose, given to us by our Sacred Creator and we should be allowed to fulfill that purpose as we see best... so long as it does not interfere with the purpose of another god. Isanloff has tried to serve his purpose, and now I must serve mine. If you would stand against tyranny, and stand for the freedom of choice for mortals then join The Manyfold Guardians. This will always be a place of welcome for you.

The Depths Of Hell

The resistance against hell was not much of a resistance really. They were under equipped, under led and suffered from a lack of coherency in their mission. But there was one thing that the Resistance movement could do, and that was gather the souls of the departed and avoid hell's mechanical demons.

Mostly they just milled around the entrance to hell, catching whatever souls came through, be they Goblin, Human, Ravenkin and even the rare Woden or Gnome. Some agreed to join, but many did not. After all, one did not end up in hell unless they felt they deserved such a fate. Still, it was a movement, slowly growing and being constantly fed by the influx of deceased from the war on the mortal plane.

17. - Top - End - #707

Bjor

Ulstwyn had underestimated him, he charged too wildly. Bjor dodged the two blades and slashed for Ulstwyn's side.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-06-05 at 08:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Gwyn

Vargull snorted like a bull, fire spitting from his nostrils and smoke rising from the corners of his mouth as he spoke "I have fought a god before, drew his blood, right in the midst of so many mortals, and yet none of them died by the mere presence of divine bloodshed, of a godly fight. Why should I not now seek the blood of this... Alyveran or whatever you called him."

Ember Spirits

The spirits, which had till this point been ignoring the world around them, were caught by surprise by the unexpected attack from some unknown source. Although not necessarily evil, they burned with the fury of the god Vargull. Many of their number were scattered, to reform at a later time... but those that remained turned their vengeful eyes, specks of smoke amidst a conflageration, twinkles of fire within shadowy black smoke, towards the walls and their attacker, and they screamed their defiance anew, now wholly focused on those who had drawn their eyes from sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+2)[4]
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2012-06-05 at 08:40 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ettin in the Playground

Telmiria looks up from her control pannel as Edgard asks the latest question, scanning the battlefield for what he is asking about.

"Hmm? Nope, never seen those before. But flames are easy enough to solve. The bombards of the Arsenal have several option of ammunitions."

She turns back to her screen.

"Cryobomb shells set for company twelve. Fire on the hotspots. Unload!"

Two hundred effigies bring their massive weapons to bear - light siege weaponry in their own right, in fact! - and aim them towards the fiery beings inside the city, releasing a volley of bombs that explode with flash-freezing liquids.

"Eleventh company, acidbombs set! Man the towers and lay down supressive fire against the troops outside the walls. I want that battlefield to have the same scent of the air after Merolle passes!"

She blushes and does a little spin. One can almost see the eye of the storm above furrowing its brow, but that is crazy talk.

"All others! On standby!"

---

Icekin and scorpionfolk effigies

The weapons and armor of the geasan army are terrible wonders to behold... In the hands of the geasan army. When the icekin try to claim the weapons and armor, they but break down to useless scrap.

And then caustic explosions start to erupt all over the battlefield, coming form the walls that were silent before.

In the city

Nicabod's aerial nightmares both aid in the evacuation of civilians and turn their alien weaponry against the goblins, unloading chains of viridian lightning against the horde.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #710

Ulstwyn brought one of his swords to bear and block against the blade, whilest the other sword was swung down at Bjorn's back.

---

Fortunately, before the next charge it was discovered that the weapons were useless in the hands of the Ice-kin. But hey, at least they could still be smelted down for their valuable metals.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

Geasa

"Thank you Uncle, for this high honour. Now let me deal with this wretch and this so called 'rebellion' in Hell" Alyveran said. And with a swish of his cloak, he was gone, an arm wrapped cruelly around the Goblin soul's neck.

Hell's Peak

Alyveran appeared in front of his throne with the Goblin soul. "You threaten my domain with rebellion, I try to make you an example and what do you do? You spit in my Uncle's face and call me a lapdog, like you own me? You shall regret this, you horrible evil THING!" Alyveran shouted angrily into his face.

What Alyveran did then shook the very foundations of Hell. Every soul felt it, even the other Gods, wherever they were, felt the amount of rage he poured into this soul, for it's mere existence jarred against his very being. He turned into what others thought as a disfigured dragon, but he knew was soon to be his newest creation. It was a Devil. 8ft tall with horns and outstretched bat wings, sharp pointy teeth and eyes black as night, not even the whites of his eyes were visible. In his hands, he possessed the souls of the Lich Lords, who were still in agony from their punishment which was ongoing. "You do not have much power, but you will join these despicable beings in their punishment, because it is what you truly deserve!" A great voice rumbled out of the Devil, as he grabbed the Goblin's soul with one taloned hand and shoved him into the combined mass of writhing agony that was the Lich Lords.

As his screams joined with those of the Lich Lords, the Devil grinned a toothy grin. "It is done!" he proclaimed cheerfully to every soul in Hell. "And let this be a lesson to you of the Rebellion, for this is what happens when you push me until I can no longer be pushed!".

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Bowels of Hell

Deep within the pit that housed the tortured souls of the lich lords, a whisper went out. It was buried in the screams of the tortured beasts, the dark souls that had suffered for their sins had found a chink in the armor of their tormentor. They siezed the opportunity and willed the secret to all the others under hell's suffering might.

Lapdog. Isanloff's lapdog. Merolle's toy. Alyveran the pet. Alyveran the guard dog. Joke among the gods.

The whispers were too quiet to be heard, but they echoed across all of Hell.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Geasa

And there he goes, making another godling, it is quite odd.

Merolle warps to one of his vaults, calling down a spawning vat containing an unformed being, he looks it over and overloads the infant entity with divine energy, before unloading it on the ground along with the nutrient fluids.

"If you are alive, I will name you Versteckt."

"Are you able to hear me?"

Quite an undignified start for a deity.
    Geasa
    Versteckt cringes at the grating sound of Merolle's voice, but gains his composure quickly.
    'Yeah, I can hear you."
    Then, observing his surroundings, Versteckt frowns, and comments, "This place is rather bleak. Luckily, I can fix that." before beginning to cannibalize parts of the chamber, including a good portion of the spawning vat, to produce the proper tool to liven up the drab vault.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hello Everyone.
    Action: 2 AP to produce Versteckt's Striator [Relic], A slender wand adorned with constantly shifting patterns, capable of transcribing thoughts into reality with the appropriate gesture.
    [ie. thinks of brilliant mural, points at wall and makes sweeping gesture as if painting, wall now covered in mural.]

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

Maela and the Clerics
    Save for Amathol who I'm keeping at the Palace to help coordinate its defence and the evacuation of civilians.

Maela and the others hurried to the North Wall. On their way, they saw a group of wounded soldiers and another of wounded civilians.
    Despite being ordered to heal the wounded so that they could return to the fight, she couldn't abandon the civilians.
    Apologies my Lord... But circumstances have changed.
    Turning to the Clerics, she addressed them.
    We need to help both groups. Half of you go with the civilians, and the other half, follow those soldiers to whatever field hospital they're using.
    I'll head up to the wall myself.

Maela bowed to them.
    I may never see you again. Spread the teachings and bring healing to all. And may you always know kindness.
    Godspeed.

With this, Maela took wing and flew up to the wall.
    Together, the other Clerics bowed their heads.
    Godspeed and may you always know kindness.
    They hurried to their tasks, without turning to glance back.

Up on the North Wall

Landing on the Wall, Maela saw a wounded Knight near death. Kneeling beside him, she decided that healing him would be the most fitting use of her new power.
    Placing her hands over his heart, she gave a silent prayer to Belsheroth.
    She felt divine power flow through her and into the man, his wounds closing and his breath becoming easier. His eyes opened, and he looked up at her.
    Angel... You have come to escort me to Hell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: He only thinks she's an Angel because she's Ravenkind, and thus has wings, and he thinks he's dead. Plus, she's reasonably attractive and glowing slightly...
    (He's still suffering the after effects of blood loss.)

Maela smiled.
    No. Now is not your time.
    I have come to join the fight, and bring the divine power of Lord Belsheroth to heal and to protect.

Then you truly are an Angel.
    I would be flattered, but the world burns around us. Are you strong enough to walk yet?
    Yes, though I'd much rather sit here with you.
    I'll see if I can find Edgard.

Maela looked down at the battlefield as the Knight got to his feet. With a flick of her wrist, she deflected an arrow away from him.
    We don't seem to have time for that Sir Knight.
    She raised her hands, a barrier of shifting colours covered the outer surface of the North Wall.
    What does that do?
    I'm not sure. The important thing is that they don't know.
    She gestured to the Ice Kin and the new threat.
    Now, where am I needed?
    With a flick of her wrist, she deflected a pair of arrows otherwise destined for them.
    That's the third time you've saved my life, and I do not even know your name. I will take you to Edgard. He'd know how best to deploy your skills.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-06-06 at 04:16 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #715

Razorpine Forest
    Akir bowed to Shayde. "Thank thee, AQUAERIM Shayde. May thee find peace in your heart."
    He slowly strode to the door, thinking of Floewyr. Her kindness in even speaking with him the first day they had met. Her message, her peace and happiness, her joy. He opened the door and stepped through.

Battle on the Wall
    The Klikt, seeing all the spirits focused on him, grinned in delight. He swung his sword, and a rippling bolt of light cracked like a whip into their ranks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+2)[10]

"Vile things, feel thy pain!"
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-06-06 at 05:12 AM.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

Hell

Alyveran flew straight up, right up to Hell's Peak, still in the form of a Devil. There he collapsed against his throne as he speedily transformed back into his usual self, almost looking like he was shriveling into himself until he was back to normal. "Note to self.. Prepare myself for that kind of strenuous transformation next time" He muttered to himself. "Now, to make sure nothing like this ever happens again!"

He then threw the image of a Devil out in front of him, warping reality into its image. It was just as he was when he lost control. 8 feet tall, with eyes as black as night, and large bat wings with which to fly. 5 inch horns grew out of the top of it's head, and it's hands had great talons that were 6 inches in length. It's skin glowed a warm cherry red, and it's whole body was lit by flames, albeit subdued for now. Though it's skin looked like flesh, it was actually Hellsteel, a compound of Mortal Steel and a metal found only in the depths of Hell. It was stronger than almost any metal, except special ones imbued with Merolle's power.

"I have heard the call of the Master. My name is Teveil. What is your wish, great one?" The Devil rumbled in it's deep voice.
    Alyveran smiled widely and looked his creation in the eyes. "My wish is for you to be my Lieutenant, Teveil. But first, I will create some more of your people, so we can show Hell, nay, the whole Mortal Plane, our wrath!" Alyveran said triumphantly. As he said this, he brought his hands sweeping up his sides, and then brought them down in a swift action. As he brought them down, five legions of Devil's appeared behind Teveil, all of them in the air, roaring at the ceiling of Hell in defiance, and grasping weapons that appeared magically in their hands.

"This is your grand army Lieutenant. Use it to show the Lokab Empire that the Gods mean business! I have given your people not only the power to fly, but also the power to shift between planes. Now use it to defeat our enemies!" Alyveran shouted.

"It shall be so, Master. Come, my people, let us destroy them, for Alyveran!" Teveil roared as he flew off with the army towards the ceiling of Hell, where it would be easiest to make the Plane Shift to the Mortal Plane.

Alyveran called fifty of the Devils into existence for one purpose. To protect Hell, and to crush the Rebellion. They appeared in front of him like an elite squadron of soldiers, Hellsteel skin gleaming and burning merrily. "I have made you but for one purpose. There are rebels, who seek to destroy our home! Who seek to escape into the Mortal Plane and cause untold suffering! We cannot allow this blasphemy to come to be, so we must stop the Rebellion once and for all! Come with me, and we will crush them, like ants underneath our feet!" Alyveran raged at them. Even they looked cowed by their Master's rage. He breathed deeply, bent down as if to pick something up from the ground and swooped his arms up, and with a great rush of air and a roar, he leapt into the air, transforming into his Greater Devil form as he did so. His elite force quickly followed suit, jumping into the air. "They will not take our place from us, even if we must fight to our dying breath!" He thundered, his voice sounding like a thunderstorm had erupted around them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 10.

Join Pantheon AP1: Joined the Sacrosanct Directors by Isanloff's invitation. (forgot to add in before)

Create Fabled Life AP4: Devils. Description is as above, big, scary, etc, watches over Hell and makes sure the soul's don't get out. Kind of like the Hell version of the Belsherai, but cooler. Reproduces via replication, aka once they reach maturity, they can create more of their race. Immortal. Can fly and shift between planes.

Create Organisation AP2: Army of Hell, leader is Lieutenant Teveil. Consists completely of Devils, currently five thousand-ish of them exist.

Ending AP: 3.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

27. - Top - End - #717

Bjor

Bjor's body moved in time, but his maimed arm... it flopped straight into the path of Ulstwyn's blade. Ulstwyn's blade bit into him just above the elbow. A short gasp of pain was all that escaped Bjor as he scored a shallow cut above Ulstwyn's eye. He backed away to take a moment to reassess his position.

Bjor looked down with contempt at his left arm and slipped into Imperial, "Bloody useless thing." With that he put his sword under his own arm and cut. Bjor felt a little woozy, but the shock ensured there was almost no pain... that was not a good sign. Bjor's arm hit the ground with a thud and he looked over at Ulstwyn going back to the language of the Ice-kin, "Now let's get this over with before I bleed to death."

He grinned as he renewed his assault!

Spoiler
    Show
    Yep he cut off the arm Kuut bit 'cause it was useless and he's a little euphoric from blood loss... and shock
    let's see how this goes!

Gwyn

"And what would it solve? It won't bring the goblins he killed back and if you were to win what then? He's the lord of Hell! Would you bind him and let the world be overrun with your new creations until they have nothing left to fight and consume each other?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies in advance if Gwyn ever does slip into a long speech about 'truth, justice, and the... uh, Imperial way'

She doesn't quite understand that it was his soldiers going to Hell that chessed him off in the first place.

Edgard

Edgard is on the battlements at this point, sword at the ready. The din of gnomish weapons drowning out all but shouted words. He was waiting now for the Barghests or the Ice-kin to attack. Looking over at the knight bringing the Ravenkin woman he shouts, "Jeremiah?! I told you to watch our western flan-" Then he notices the Ravenkin woman, he sighs, "And I suppose you're a god in disguise come to help us?" At this point... he wouldn't be suprised.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-06-06 at 08:05 AM.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ettin in the Playground

Edgard

Edgard is on the battlements at this point, sword at the ready. The din of gnomish weapons drowning out all but shouted words. He was waiting now for the Barghests or the Ice-kin to attack. Looking over at the knight bringing the Ravenkin woman he shouts, "Jeremiah?! I told you to watch our western flan-" Then he notices the Ravenkin woman, he sighs, "And I suppose you're a god in disguise come to help us?" At this point... he wouldn't be suprised.
    My apologies Edgard. This is... Well, I don't know her name or who she is. But she has come to aid us.
    She claims to be able to use the divine power of Lord Belsheroth to heal and protect. And from what little I have seen, that is no exaggeration. Already, she has saved my life three times using this power.

Maela bowed her head in respect for Edgard, and then looked him directly in the eye.
    Sir Edgard. I am Maela.
    I am no god in disguise, merely a humble priestess. But my Lord Belsheroth has granted me great powers of protection. Though I may die in the attempt, I shall do my utmost to keep your men alive. Just tell me where you need my strength, and I will direct my efforts there.
    Just be aware, I'm new to this, and the knowledge in my mind of this magic isn't in a mortal tongue. I'm not even sure what the enchantment I put on the wall does, just that it does it well.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #719

Edgard

He nodded taking the appearence of more magic in stride, "All right, if you can do all that, go where Jeremiah was for now, that Western flank was almost destroyed last time they assaulted." There was another bout of howling as Klikit attacked the Barghests again. "But you know your powers, be ready to move during the battle at your own volition, I'm not gonna have time to give too many orders." except for the retreat. Edgard eyes the Barghests again, for some reason he couldn't see the Ice-kin, that wasn't good.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ettin in the Playground

Edgard

He nodded taking the appearence of more magic in stride, "All right, if you can do all that, go where Jeremiah was for now, that Western flank was almost destroyed last time they assaulted." There was another bout of howling as Klikit attacked the Barghests again. "But you know your powers, be ready to move during the battle at your own volition, I'm not gonna have time to give too many orders." except for the retreat. Edgard eyes the Barghests again, for some reason he couldn't see the Ice-kin, that wasn't good.
    As you wish Sir Edgard. May the Gods watch over you, and you always know kindness.
    Maela looked up.
    And indeed, one of them isn't even hiding his presence.
    She gave a silent prayer to Merolle, asking that he protect their weapons from rust. She then walked along the wall to where she had been before, touching the shoulders of the men she passed and easing their fatigue in the process.

Dragons!