New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Been playing around with my Destroyer, and I must say that it has made soldiers fun again, without a doubt. It's everything that the Soldier class should be. A bunch of grenades and "Set-it-and-forget-it" powers that you only have to turn on once a match. Those are exactly the kinds of powers a class built around the use of weapons needs. I can use the best (and heaviest) weapons without worrying about crippling my character. Since I don't have to worry about establishing a rhythm with my powers, I can focus on using my weapons, and-Good Lord!- this class has enough bonuses to weapon damage to actually make me feel like I'm not wasting my time on gold difficulty every time I pull the trigger. I've been sticking to using the Phaeston and the Claymore so far. I can tear through just about anything I need to with those weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Banned

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The Typhoon may do less damage per shot BUT it has an in build armour reduction ability. Something like ignoring half of the armour on the target. That is why it chews through targets better than the Revenant - against armoured targets it does more damage per shot, more accurately.
    Does it?

I've been trying to find the info on new weapons, but I can't. I know the Reegar carbine has a damage multiplier against shields, so my knee jerk "weapons don't do enter against specific health types" is already wrong. And the acolyte destroys any type of kinetic barrier...

So why doesn't the wraith deal more damage to armor like it says it's designed for? Why don't SMGs have a damage bonus against shields? That was a fun mechanic.

Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Been playing around with my Destroyer, and I must say that it has made soldiers fun again, without a doubt. It's everything that the Soldier class should be. A bunch of grenades and "Set-it-and-forget-it" powers that you only have to turn on once a match. Those are exactly the kinds of powers a class built around the use of weapons needs. I can use the best (and heaviest) weapons without worrying about crippling my character. Since I don't have to worry about establishing a rhythm with my powers, I can focus on using my weapons, and-Good Lord!- this class has enough bonuses to weapon damage to actually make me feel like I'm not wasting my time on gold difficulty every time I pull the trigger. I've been sticking to using the Phaeston and the Claymore so far. I can tear through just about anything I need to with those weapons.
    Aye, the destroyer is the class I'm looking most forward to. I want the paladin because it's thematic. I want the slayer because I am, at heart, a vanguard. I want the destroyer because he will be fun.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Does it?
    It definitely has 5cm of penetration. I didn't know about the reduction decrease, though.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

4. - Top - End - #964
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    It definitely has 5cm of penetration. I didn't know about the reduction decrease, though.
    Yes, but it was a big deal a while ago that I was on the other side of that argument. Weapons with object penetration do not, as a rule, do more damage to armored opponents. They suffer the full damage reduction (50 on gold), which is why the submachine gun armor Piercing mod is so spectacular; having damage reduced by 5 per bullet leaves you at a hefty output especially with the geth plasma SMG.

I'd like to see numbers for the newest guns. I suspect that the mechanism of the typhoon would actually be a percentage boost to damage like the reegar (and presumably, acolyte) which would mean the armor piercing mod woul still be useful.

On that note, I remember someone bringing up the expendables. Did armor piercing do anything to armor? I recall that warp ammo was mos effective, followed by disruptor, and that incendiary ammo did not do damage over time or something, but it's been a while.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, tonight I ran out of medi-gel, and so started buying Veteran packs again. I've actually gotten a decent amount of medi-gel out of them already, so I may switch back to Premium packs quickly. Mixed luck with the uncommons - on the one hand, a fair number of weapons, including getting my Eviscerator to rank 9, which makes my Vanguards very happy (it is now lighter weight than my Disciple 4).

On the other hand, I got a few uncommon expendables. I'd give you my reaction to learning that those can actually be acquired in the Veteran packs' guaranteed uncommon slot (even though, according to others and so far not contradicted by my own experience, uncommon mods and gear cannot), but I don't think the mods would be particularly happy with me if I did.

Yeah, that latter instantly encouraged me to use Veteran packs as sparingly as I could. Guess I'll be relying on the frequent-but-not-guaranteed uncommons from Premium packs in the future, save only when I really need the quick build-up of medi-gel/ops survival packs/missiles I can get from Veteran packs.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-07-30 at 01:24 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ettin in the Playground

On that note, I remember someone bringing up the expendables. Did armor piercing do anything to armor? I recall that warp ammo was mos effective, followed by disruptor, and that incendiary ammo did not do damage over time or something, but it's been a while.
    According to my manifest app, warp does 15/25/35% extra damage, 25/50/75% extra damage to lifted targets, and reduces the armour penalty by 25/35/50%. Disruptor has a stun chance, 5/10/15% extra damage, delays shield regeneration by 8 seconds and primes a tech burst for 3.5 seconds. Armour piercing ignores 50/65/70% on armour reduction, penetrates 0.5/0.75/1m and does 10/20/30% extra damage. Incendiary deals 10/20/30% as DoT and may prime a fire burst.

Edit: I have located a screenshot of the Typhoon's coalesced stats. Apparently it: ignores 50% of armour reduction, deals double damage when at full firing rate, and provides 40% damage reduction when firing. Holy balls.
    Last edited by Dhavaer; 2012-07-30 at 05:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Okay, tonight I ran out of medi-gel, and so started buying Veteran packs again. I've actually gotten a decent amount of medi-gel out of them already, so I may switch back to Premium packs quickly. Mixed luck with the uncommons - on the one hand, a fair number of weapons, including getting my Eviscerator to rank 9, which makes my Vanguards very happy (it is now lighter weight than my Disciple 4).
    Why don't you just buy the Jumbo Equipment Packs if you're hurting for consumables? They're an amazing deal if you care more about getting consumables than upgrades to characters and equipment. Question is invalid, of course, if you don't want to give up those uncommons.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    Why don't you just buy the Jumbo Equipment Packs if you're hurting for consumables? They're an amazing deal if you care more about getting consumables than upgrades to characters and equipment. Question is invalid, of course, if you don't want to give up those uncommons.
    You pretty much figured it out there yourself. While I want to restock on those few particular supplies, I do not want to give up getting more permanent equipment in the process. I already feel like I all but completely wasted my money on those Veteran packs that handed me uncommon expendables, even though one or two of them did include medi-gel. Jumbo Equipment packs just strike me as completely pointless when I can get my supplies at the same time as I get weapons/gear/characters/mods by buying other packs.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

The Typhoon has 25cm cover penetration. It was nerfed down to that from 100 last week.

And the people on the BWSN did that thier assault rifle no longer carried the same natural penetration as a Javelin. You know, the weapon specifically designed for shooting through walls? Yeah, a full auto gun should TOTALLY be able to shoot through a 3-foot-thick wall
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    The Typhoon has 25cm cover penetration. It was nerfed down to that from 100 last week.

And the people on the BWSN did that thier assault rifle no longer carried the same natural penetration as a Javelin. You know, the weapon specifically designed for shooting through walls? Yeah, a full auto gun should TOTALLY be able to shoot through a 3-foot-thick wall
    Yes, it should, actually. That's more a question of caliber and muzzle velocity than the length of the barrel. I'm fairly certain that some of the larger shotguns and assault rifles would be able to punch through just about any wall not specifically meant to resist such ordinance, considering that they can apparently penetrate the armor of something like an Atlas.
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

You pretty much figured it out there yourself. While I want to restock on those few particular supplies, I do not want to give up getting more permanent equipment in the process. I already feel like I all but completely wasted my money on those Veteran packs that handed me uncommon expendables, even though one or two of them did include medi-gel. Jumbo Equipment packs just strike me as completely pointless when I can get my supplies at the same time as I get weapons/gear/characters/mods by buying other packs.

Zevox
    I think the point of the JEP is that you get tons of consumables instead of the few that you get in any of the other packs.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So I'm going to be getting back into ME3, (mostly multiplayer for now, singleplayer holds very little allure for me now that I'm a biotic Vangod), and since I needed to transfer to another computer, I need to redownload all the DLCs. Which DLC should I download first in order to get the best chance at the best weaps/chars? (I already have all the vanilla commons at level 10, and gear isn't much more than a nice bonus IMO) What afterwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    I think the point of the JEP is that you get tons of consumables instead of the few that you get in any of the other packs.
    Unless they get you something like 25 medigel/missiles/etc a pop guaranteed, I'll take getting fewer per pack when that also means getting something more permanent. It would take that kind of bulk acquisition, to the point where I wouldn't need to worry about those expendables again for a while, to get me to deliberately spend money on a pack that only gives me expendables.

Zevox

14. - Top - End - #974
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

I went through a long stretch where I was barely getting any medigels, and kept running out well before I could find any more. Then the JEP came out. I bought one or two, and suddenly had plenty of medigel, and haven't run out since. I haven't bought any JEPs since then, but they were exactly what I needed right then.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, it should, actually. That's more a question of caliber and muzzle velocity than the length of the barrel. I'm fairly certain that some of the larger shotguns and assault rifles would be able to punch through just about any wall not specifically meant to resist such ordinance, considering that they can apparently penetrate the armor of something like an Atlas.
    If we're going to be talking about what makes sense, the Javelin should be able to punch through ALL THE WALLS

On JEPs: Since I have all of the non-UR equipment (except gear) maxed, I find it to be incredibly handy to be able to buy a pack that has a guarunteed 5 of each supply with a chance for more in the other 6 slots. I usually play until my medi-gel runs out, then buy only JEPs until I max them again. Then I go back to buying PSPs.
    Last edited by Krade; 2012-07-30 at 09:06 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

16. - Top - End - #976
    Banned

On the other hand, I got a few uncommon expendables. I'd give you my reaction to learning that those can actually be acquired in the Veteran packs' guaranteed uncommon slot (even though, according to others and so far not contradicted by my own experience, uncommon mods and gear cannot), but I don't think the mods would be particularly happy with me if I did.

Yeah, that latter instantly encouraged me to use Veteran packs as sparingly as I could. Guess I'll be relying on the frequent-but-not-guaranteed uncommons from Premium packs in the future, save only when I really need the quick build-up of medi-gel/ops survival packs/missiles I can get from Veteran packs.

Zevox

Zevox
    Unless they get you something like 25 medigel/missiles/etc a pop guaranteed, I'll take getting fewer per pack when that also means getting something more permanent. It would take that kind of bulk acquisition, to the point where I wouldn't need to worry about those expendables again for a while, to get me to deliberately spend money on a pack that only gives me expendables.

Zevox
    A jumbo equipment pack gives minimum five medigel, and I have personally gotten as many as 17.

Mathematically a 33k investment for minimum like, seven medigel is worth more than 40k with an okay-ish chance at maybe gettin three medigel ad a smaller chance of maybe getting a gear, with a large chance of getting appearance options for classes you'll never use.

One JEP and one PSP costs 132,000 credits. That's six veteran packs and a single recruit pack with a thousand to spare isn't it? Do you fancy your odds of getting good stuff in VPs enough to turn that down? I've pulled two uncommon gear and a rare from a PSP at once. What is your best Vet pack pull?

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh. I just played two games; a gold with my Destroyer and a bronze with my Demolisher, who I've never used before. Both had the same loadout, Typhoon/Pirahna/Stronghold. Unexpectedly, I found the Typhoon much more user friendly with the Demolisher, and the Pirahna less so, even taking into account differences in difficulty. I think the screen overlay from Devestator Mode is having more of an effect on my aim than I thought. Does anyone else have significant issues with the overlay?

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #978
    Banned

According to my manifest app, warp does 15/25/35% extra damage, 25/50/75% extra damage to lifted targets, and reduces the armour penalty by 25/35/50%. Disruptor has a stun chance, 5/10/15% extra damage, delays shield regeneration by 8 seconds and primes a tech burst for 3.5 seconds. Armour piercing ignores 50/65/70% on armour reduction, penetrates 0.5/0.75/1m and does 10/20/30% extra damage. Incendiary deals 10/20/30% as DoT and may prime a fire burst.

Edit: I have located a screenshot of the Typhoon's coalesced stats. Apparently it: ignores 50% of armour reduction, deals double damage when at full firing rate, and provides 40% damage reduction when firing. Holy balls.
    Fascinating. That's good to know, always enjoying being both pessimistic and wrong.

That app, where do I find that? Mass effect doesn't produce anything usesble unless I'm that much of a dunce (no comments on that one, please?)

Not quite.

The typhoon does more damage to armor. It eats through armor and inflicts higher damage afterwards. I don't know how that would work without actual shells, but we can infer that the projectiles do what we expect from high damage projectiles; spread around and tumble, tearing apart the inner workings just on the other side of the armor. The slug would be cut in such a way that it deforms upon penetration and wreaks internal havoc. The higher firing rate probably just compounds the effect along with revving the mass accelerator into overdrive.

The javelin on the other hand is designed to pierce, not just do damage to armor. It's a literal spear of superheated liquid metal launched out of a rail gun - a high-speed, lethal squirt gun. That could by an accident of design spread out and inflict more damage to armor, but is very specifically accelerated to go through an area, probably just boring straight in so the last vestiges of the shot hit through.

And as I've pointed out EVERY WEAPON in the universe should do insane, ballistic damage to the background. Nothing is so disconcerting as firing a shotgun designed to make it through a kinetic barrier, puncture armor an wound the flesh beneath... And seeing a standard buckshot spread on the wall. That was the single, biggest argument against the switch to thermal clips making sense. If the guns are so potent that a single shot would just melt the old, cool down weapons, ten shouldn't that extra power show up on the other end of shots? Shouldn't shooting an unarmed, unshielded I villain be a heinous war crime? And sure there are special targeting computers that might operate to fix that, but what about shots that miss? Does the computer calculate you won't hit this moving target so it doesn't even bother putting any oomph into it?

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

That app, where do I find that? Mass effect doesn't produce anything usesble unless I'm that much of a dunce (no comments on that one, please?)
    Right here. Enjoy!

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Today's balance changes:

Spoiler
    Show
    N7 Typhoon Assault Rifle
    - Damage multiplier when fully ramped up decreased from [2.0x] to [1.5x]

N7 Indra Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [62.6-78.2] to [72.6-92.2]

Prothean Particle Beam Assault Rifle
    - Damage increased from [17.2-21.4] to [19.2-25.8]

Smash Power
    - Base cooldown increased from 5 to 8 seconds

Devastator Mode Power
    - Base rate of fire bonus decreased from 15% to 10%

Incinerate Power
    - Base damage increased from 300 to 330

Carnage Power
    - Base damage increased from 315 to 350

Pull
    - Impact damage for all kits with pull is now 100 to match Asari Justicar
    - Rank 3 duration bonus increased from 40% to 50%
    - Evolve 1 duration bonus increased from 50% to 100%
    - Evolve 2 radius bonus increased from 2m to 2.5m
    - Evolve 3 lifted damage per second increased from 20 to 75
    - Evolve 4 extra damage done to targets increased from 25% to 30%
    - Evolve 5 biotic combo damage bonus increased from 50% to 75%
    - Evolve 6 recharge bonus increased from 60% to 150%

Gold and Platinum Difficulties
    - Enemy shield/barrier damage gates on weapon damage reduced from 100% to 90%, which means 10% of the remaining weapon damage after impacting shields/barriers will pass through to health.

So, Typhoon nerfed, which isn't a surprise if it was as powerful as you guys have told me. Particle Rifle buffed, which does surprise me, as it seemed quite powerful from single-player already. Smash nerfed with a cooldown increase, which I don't think I like - its short range was a serious enough limitation I'd say. I think that would be better directed to its new cousin, Biotic Slash (and its tech clone Electric Slash, I'd assume), which is nearly as powerful and has a much longer range (heck, it has a longer range than shockwave post-buff). Pull got a ton of buffs, but I don't know that they'll matter, since its big limitation, doing nothing against shields/barriers/armor, remains.

Anyway, is it just me, or does the RNG on random maps give out the new ones way more often than it should if it were genuinely random? Over the past weeks since the DLC release I've gotten far more London and Vancouver than I'd like (had a really annoying streak of Vancouver games with no other maps in between just the past two days), and some maps I haven't seen at all, like Reactor. It's kind of wierding me out, honestly.

Zevox

21. - Top - End - #981
    Banned

My Celestia! Particle rifle buff? WHY?!?!

Single player nothin', mate. Particle rifle 1, AP mod and ammo capacity and I don't bother with grenades or a pylon or expendables on gold. I drop the pylon where my allies can use it an particle everything to death. EVERYTHING. Hay, I particle multiple things to death at once because most enemies aren't thik enough to stop my penetrat-o-beam! Good golly miss Molly. Sure it's a 2 point boost but with that RoF... Game over fillies and colts... Game over.

Pull; good. It's not that bad considering; the two classes that really make use of it (drell and justicar) already focus on stripping shields, pulling into a group and detonating. This just ramps it up.
    You're also forgetting that balance changes now take Platinum Into account. So a 75% boost increases maximum detonation potential up to 140% with pull and shockwave. Not bad really.

Smash getting a boost; makes sense. Smash is crazy powerful, primes, detonates, trawls through walls and with radius can hit enemies in big enough groups to generate killstreaks. It starte at 8 seconds though, so seeing it back there just means they jumped the gun in the past to make it playable. It's going to hurt, but since we tend to run at +200% anyway it's still goin to be about as fast a recharge as biotic charge. Don't know about the slashes personally.

I don't think levels use a random lumber generator really. They always cycle the same way. If you create a new Libby at random/random, you'll ALWAYS fight reapers on London. And then it goes from there.

You're right thought it is rigged. I miss fire base ghost. It holds a special place in my heart as the level I consistently solo'd on gold with a nova guard.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

You're also forgetting that balance changes now take Platinum Into account. So a 75% boost increases maximum detonation potential up to 140% with pull and shockwave. Not bad really.
    Considering how no classes have both of those powers and the few that have either individually seem to be rarely played (except Human Vanguards, who usually ignore the power entirely), plus the problem of Pull not working on any defenses remains regardless of difficulty (and I would think would be exacerbated on higher ones, since you see fewer mook enemies there), I can't say I'm especially impressed by that thought.

I don't think levels use a random lumber generator really. They always cycle the same way. If you create a new Libby at random/random, you'll ALWAYS fight reapers on London. And then it goes from there.
    No, that's definitely not how it works. I had two games in a row on Vancouver with the same group earlier. So it is randomized, somehow.

Anyway, the reward packs dropped. And I got a whole lot of nothing. Mostly expendables of course - 5 medi-gel being the only thing out of them that I care about. Got an upgrade to my Crusader, but since I didn't like it when I tried it before, that doesn't matter to me. My class unlock, what I was really looking for out of these, was for the Slayer, one of the only two N7 classes I already have.

It's times like these that remind me that there is indeed something about ME3 I hate far more than the ending.

Zevox

23. - Top - End - #983
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

N7 Indra Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [62.6-78.2] to [72.6-92.2]
    That's pretty cool - I've started switching between the Indra and Valiant almost exclusively lately, and it's nice to see the 'weaker' one being beefed up to make up for the nerf on the Krysae.

Smash Power
    - Base cooldown increased from 5 to 8 seconds
    THAT is a painful one.

On the one hand, I do like how the Phoenix Vanguard changes the class' dynamic from, say, Charge-Nova-Charge to something a little less wieldy but just as fun (Charge-Heavy Melee-Heavy Melee-Smash) and this nerf doesn't really affect that too much.

But on the other.... I *like* throwing Smash around all over the place even when, sensibly, I should probably try to run away and shoot or something. I'm not a fan of anything that encourages one to play any type of Vanguard 'sensibly'.

Anyway, is it just me, or does the RNG on random maps give out the new ones way more often than it should if it were genuinely random? Over the past weeks since the DLC release I've gotten far more London and Vancouver than I'd like (had a really annoying streak of Vancouver games with no other maps in between just the past two days), and some maps I haven't seen at all, like Reactor. It's kind of wierding me out, honestly.

Zevox
    I also seem to be getting an inordinate amount of Vancouver, as it happens. I don't particularly dislike the map, but it's particularly noticeable since I've been playing the heck out of Snipers lately and I'd much rather be on Hydra, Dagger or Rio.

Although when it's not Vancouver, I seem to play Reactor quite a lot, too. I hate Reactor.

Anyways, Victory and Commendation Packs are out over on my side of the pond. I have just opened my second Crusader (not a massive improvement - although the Crusader is probably my favourite shotgun, I'd rather use pretty much ANY Assault Rifle or SMG before Id use it) and my first N7 Destroyer.

Quick blast on White/Cerberus/Bronze just to see how it handles - I can see myself enjoying the class, if I can balance the skills just right.
    I spec'd originally at 6/6/6/5/3, having Missile Launcher get damage bonuses to take out individual targets quickly and Multi-Grenades for more splash damage and more grenades to wipe out crowds, but I'm thinking that it's a VERY fragile build.

I think I'll drop Missile Launcher to rank 3 and instead boost my Fitness to 6 for the extra shields. I don't really need to be able to periodically damage one target, not when my Revenant is boosted by nearly 60% damage, and I much more need to offset the penalty from Devastator Mode.
    In fact, I might ignore Missile Launcher altogether and get more use out of Rank 6 for the Class, another 10% damage bonus.

Either is doable, but quite frankly I don't think it's sensible 'Gold' material until they improve Missile Launcher - at least another 33% on it's rate of fire?

One thing I hope they do change rather quickly, is some of the animations for the N7 characters. Quite a lot of them are obnoxiously splashy - I'm looking at you, Biotic and Electric Slash - which isn't a bad thing in itself, but sometimes you have no choice but to stand near one of these guys when they're going off, and it annoys me how much it messes up everyone else's aim. Sniping it almost impossible, if you're in a Hack or Escort mission and there's a Slayer stood next to you blasting away.
    Maybe I just suck when it comes to ignoring distractions, but it's not nice when one Player's abilities directly prevent another from being able to play properly.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2012-07-31 at 07:44 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Is it just me, or are power resets now uncommon? I just got one and it had a silver lining. A while ago I could have sworn they were rare.

Oh, on the topic of resetting powers, I reset my Destroyer back to maxed out Missle Launcher, as opposed to grenades. The truth is that I will always find an unlimited supply of rockets far more useful than those grenades. Besides, the launcher has saved my butt plenty of times while I was moving and reloading. It always manages to go off when some jerk pops up in front of me, giving me precious seconds to finish reloading so that I can finish them off.

Also, I need some confirmation on Biotic Slash info. I'd heard somewhere that it's keyed off melee, so I chose the Fitness melee boosts over the shield boosts. I'll admit that as long as I keep teleporting (either by dodging or hitting), I generally stay alive, but I still feel like more of a glass cannon than any Vanguard should. Anyway, is that bit about Biotic Slash and melee true? Because if it's not, I think I'd like to redo my Fitness skill for max shield.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I need some confirmation on Biotic Slash info. I'd heard somewhere that it's keyed off melee, so I chose the Fitness melee boosts over the shield boosts. I'll admit that as long as I keep teleporting (either by dodging or hitting), I generally stay alive, but I still feel like more of a glass cannon than any Vanguard should. Anyway, is that bit about Biotic Slash and melee true? Because if it's not, I think I'd like to redo my Fitness skill for max shield.
    I see no reason why that would be the case. It's a shockwave-style power, not a melee attack in any way. Where did you hear this?

Zevox

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I see no reason why that would be the case. It's a shockwave-style power, not a melee attack in any way. Where did you hear this?

Zevox
    I thought that I heard it on these forums, but then again, I've been having some very weird, yet strangely real dreams lately. I might have dreamed it all up. I'm being perfectly serious here; I'm not entirely sure exactly what I have and haven't done over the coarse of the past week.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

Is it just me, or are power resets now uncommon? I just got one and it had a silver lining. A while ago I could have sworn they were rare.
    Power resets were changed to uncommon a while ago in a balance update.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

My question didn't get answered last time, so here it is again: I need to redownload ME3 and all my DLCs for reasons irrelevant to the question. Regarding the multiplayer DLC, which should I redownload first in order to get the best chance at the best weaps/chars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Bugbear in the Playground

Of course, a 1 in 6 chance of getting a dupe N7 must be a sure thing. Not only was I least interested in the Demo, but I got her twice. Oh well.

I started using a Geth Infiltrator with proximity mines and a Wraith III, and I am death incarnate! I could probably take this guy to gold, but even on silver, grinding for PSP's will be cake.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partof1 View Post
    Of course, a 1 in 6 chance of getting a dupe N7 must be a sure thing. Not only was I least interested in the Demo, but I got her twice. Oh well.
    My sympathies. As mentioned, I had a similar thing with the Slayer. Though I suppose at least in my case I haven't yet gotten the one I'm least interested in, the Destroyer.

I did, however, get an Acolyte in a Premium pack earlier. To my pleasant surprise, even at rank 1 it's light enough that I can equip it to a caster and have no cooldown reduction. To my unpleasant surprise, I don't like it. The mandatory charge-up before it fires, the grenade-like way the projectile arcs, the low ammo, the fact that its damage is only good against shields/barriers... I just can't use this.

Zevox