Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1227
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Sammael, reaching a distance he felt he could manage with his scope, found a nearby rock to post up on, kicking out the bipod of his 50 caliber sniper rifle for stability.

    Hinderance cycles his assault rifle and lowers it back down beside his thigh. He bobs the spike grenade in his off hand with nervous energy, waiting for something to stick it to.

    Tristan begins charging his laser as everyone hears the rumble of the inbound Phantom. You hear its plasma engines release their built-up pressure as it slows its approach. The red hum of the Spartan Laser filled the clearing, as what seemed like a lifetime passed.


    And then it happened. The large purple vessel crested the wall, barely twenty feet above it. It looked like some sort of beetle with its rounded carapace hunched over and its pinched bow forming a shape reminiscent of mandibles. Finally, after an age, Tristan's red beam tore open the sky between his kneeling armor and the drop ship, missing the thing by a inch because of the evasive maneuvers of the pilot. He cursed as he started charging another shot, "Damnit!"

    Hinderance hurls his explosive up with an audible effort, the bladed spikes of the thing sticking themselves directly into the grunt posted up on the turret. He squeals loudly, releasing his grip on the plasma cannon and grabs the handle of the grenade to remove it... to no avail. The explosion detonates, causing the Phantom to list and wobble as the screams of injured Covenant pour out of the ship, which begins immediately lowering itself towards the ground.

    Spoiler
    Show

    • Sammael is readying an action. When he has a clear shot, he will take it.
    • Hinderance is likewise readying an action. When the dropship begins to lower, he will toss his grenade at the turret on the far side of where the rest of the team is.
    • Tristan charging laser, waiting for target.


    Rolls
    Tristan's Shot:
    (1d20+11)[18] (To hit with laser)
    (1d20+4)[20] (Defensive Pilot check for Phantom)
    (6d4)[17] (Damage, if hit)
    Hinderance's Grenade Toss:
    (1d20+10)[30] (To hit with spike)
    (1d20+2)[8] (Grunt Defense roll)
    (1d20+3)[23] (Reflex save for others inside)
    (6d4)[20] (Inner burst damage, if needed)
    (3d4)[6] (Outer burst damage, if needed)

    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-08-27 at 10:44 AM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Iaoch had already tacked the turrets as soon as the ship came into view.
    One disapaered in a explosion.
    Argyle chose the one he would throw his grenade at.
    Iaoch marks the other turret as the highest priority target.
    Argyle throws.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Throwing the plasma grenade, thrown at the nearest turret.
    (1d20+10)[19]
    Iaoch still holds his action.


    It was... An okay throw, and would be fine as long as the ship didn't rise or decide to delay drop for exasive manauvers.
    With barely a pause, Argyle brings his DMR to hand.
    "Screams indicate a medium party, Eleites and Grunts only indicated to be the only present."
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2012-08-27 at 08:05 PM.
    My Homebrew Sig.

    Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

    * Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Tristan's laser begins charging once more. He murmured under his breath, "Come on... come on..."

    Hinderance jumps aboard the lowering Phantom, barely catching the upper portion of the hatch door. He wasn't able to pull himself up, however.

    Spoiler
    Show

    • Valen (Readying - The doors to open; Will open fire on first available target)
    • Volsung (Readying - The doors to open; Will open fire on first available target(Already resolved))
    • Sammael (Readying - The doors to open; Will open fire on first available target with clear shot)
    • Tristan's Shot (jumped the gun on this... it is still charging, this will resolve next round):
      (1d20+11)[31] (To hit with laser)
      (1d20+4)[17] (Defensive Pilot check for Phantom)
      [roll6d4[/roll] (Damage, if hit) - listed in OOC thread... was 17.
    • Hinderance's Jump:
      (1d20+18)[22] (To reach the Phantom... having to make up a number as X never picked his skills)
      (1d20+4)[9] (Strength, to pull himself up)
    • Argyle's turn...
    • Dropship getting ready to open up. Undermounted cannon has tracked and is aimed at... ((1d7)[1]) Valen. Will be firing on its turn.
    • John (Readying - The doors to open; Will open fire on first available target)


    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-08-29 at 11:02 AM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Argyle rests inside the force sheild, DMR ready. At the moment the only priority target is a Turret, but the ship would leave quickly, most likely.... Iaoch assigned the turret to Tristan, and would leave it for him unless something big came out of the ship, leaving everyone waiting, the only sound being that of the ship.
    He would probably have to help Hinderence... Fool, jumping into the phantom, he would have to fight them all. At least he would only get his hands stepped on at this point.
    My Homebrew Sig.

    Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

    * Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Volsung stays standing stock still as the two grenades hurled by his teammates explode. He twitches momentarily, as the phantom lower itself down towards the ground. Only when the doors start to open after a several second pause in the fighting does he actually react. The first armored head that comes out of the door to drop is met with three rounds from a needler rifle blasting away at it in quick succession, knocking it back through the doors. "Ha! Suck it covenant," he shouts, seeing all three shots appear to hit home.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    -The Doctor
    Onyx 5: Volsung

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    The dropship finally comes to a hovering stop, roughly five feet above the ground. Her undermounted plasma turret fires, missing Valen by several feet and hitting a nearby rock, pulverizing the stone into fragments of super-heated debris. The bay doors open on both sides and Onyx Team lights up with gunfire, pelting the off-loading covenant.

    Valen downs the first grunt to step off with a shot to the head, causing his body to crumple to the ground beneath the Phantom.

    Volsung triple taps the second grunt off with his needle rifle.

    Sammael's sniper shot glances off of the shoulder pauldron of the first Elite to step out, drawing the roaring ire of the tall creature.

    John levels his shotgun and blasts into the side of the open personnel bay, dropping the two grunts preparing to exit and injuring the Elite behind them. The Hunter, deeper inside, seems to shrug off the damage.

    Argyle finally is also able to fire his weapon, and tags the Elite that Sammael missed, causing the split-jaw's shields to sparkle with golden light.

    Tristan's laser goes off once more, this time hitting the Phantom squarely, pushing the ship's nose down to the point of scrapping the ground before it rights itself.

    This, coupled with the opening of the hatch bay doors, causes Hinderance to jump free of the mess. He lands on his feet and spins around to face the enemy.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Covenant Rolls
    • Dropship:
      (1d20+2)[4] (Undermounted Turret - to hit)
      (8d8)[42] (Damage, if needed)
      Defense roll versus Tristan failed, took 17 damage.
    • Grunt1:
      (1d20+3)[5] (Defense Roll - versus Valen)
    • Elite1:
      (1d20+5)[25] (Defense Roll - versus Sammael)
    • Grunt3:
      (1d20+3)[10] (Defense Roll - versus John)
    • Grunt4:
      (1d20+3)[8] (Defense Roll - versus John)
    • Elite2:
      (1d20+5)[15] (Defense Roll - versus John)
    • Hunter1:
      (1d20+2)[18] (Defense Roll - versus John)


    • Onyx Wind Rolls
    • Valen:
      (1d20+7)[15] (Defense Roll - versus Dropship)
      (1d20+12)[26] (Readied Action - versus Grunt1)
      (4d4)[12] (Damage, if needed)
    • Volsung:
      Attacks already resolved... hit three times!
    • Sammael:
      (1d20+12)[22] (Readied Action - versus Elite1)
      (4d10)[22] (Damage, if needed)
    • John:
      (1d20+10)[30] (Readied Action - versus Grunts3&4, Elite2, & Hunter1{shotgun})
      (4d6)[2][5][6][6](19) (Damage, if needed)
    • Argyle:
      Need to roll for these!
    • Tristan:
      Attack already resolved... hit with the Spartan Laser, dealt 17 damage.
    • Hinderance:
      (1d20+18)[37] (Jump back to the ground)

    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-09-06 at 11:25 AM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    The Phantom repositions its main cannon and shoots a blast of plasma at the Tristan. Having just shot the drop ship with his Spartan Laser apparently pissed off the pilot quite a bit, and retaliation was at hand. Tristan, charging another shot, tried to beat the cannon to the punch... but he was too late. The shot hit him square in the chest, just to the right of his sternum. The impact threw him backwards off of his kneeling position and slammed him hard into the dirt. The Spartan left a wide shallow rut as he ground to a halt some fifteen feet away. Blue plasma residue and smoke clung to his armor... but he did not move.

    '"Onyx 6, are you alright?! .......... Report, X218! .......... Report goddammit! .......... "

    A total of two more Grunts and three Elites hop out of the drop ship, and then are followed by two Hunters that cause the ground to shake when they land heavily upon it. Both Hunters immediately begin charging their plasma arm cannons, while the Grunts and Elites open fire on Onyx Wind.

    The fifth Grunt off the ship looses his charged Plasma Pistol shot at John, hitting him in the knee and causing his shields to short circuit, leaving him vulnerable. The second Elite off of the ship moves to return the favor that Onyx Four delivered to him, swinging his energy sword at him as it glances off of John's Pilot helmet, scratching the glass of his black visor.

    The first Elite, blasts his plasma rifle in Argyle's direction, missing him. The sixth Grunt unleashes a barrage of pink from his Needler, impaling Hinderance with four of the five shots.

    The third Elite opens up with his Needle Rifle on semi-auto fire, hitting Valen with two of the projectiles as Onyx 1 breaks cover. V21 also lets loose with his BR55 Battle Rifle on semi-automatic, firing a burst of lead at the first Elite and likewise hitting his target with two shots.


    Spoiler
    Show

    Covenant Rolls
    • Grunt5 {Plasma Pistol}:
      (1d20+8)[24] (Attack Roll {charged Plasma Pistol} - versus John)
    • Grunt6 {Needler}:
      (1d20+4)[24] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Hinderance)
      (1d4)[1]
      (1d20+2)[14] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Hinderance)
      (1d4)[4]
      (1d20)[11] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Hinderance)
      (1d4)[3]
      (1d20-2)[17] (Attack Roll 4 - versus Hinderance)
      (1d4)[3]
      (1d20-4)[11] (Attack Roll 5 - versus Hinderance)
      (1d4)[4]
    • Elite1 {Plasma Rifle}:
      (1d20+8)[11] (Attack Roll - versus Argyle {need a roll, +4 for Portable Cover})
      (3d4)[9]
      (1d20+5)[10] (Defense Roll - versus Valen)
    • Elite2 {Energy Sword}:
      (1d20+9)[11] (Attack Roll - versus John)
      (2d6+5)[16]
    • Elite3 {Needle Rifle}:
      (1d20+8)[26] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Valen)
      (1d20+6)[11] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Valen)
      (1d20+4)[9] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Valen)


    Onyx Wind Rolls
    • Valen:
      (1d20+12)[29] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Elite1)
      (4d4)[8]
      (1d20+10)[15] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Elite1)
      (4d4)[10]
      (1d20+8)[19] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Elite1)
      (4d4)[11]
      (1d20+7)[16] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+7)[27] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+7)[9] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
    • John:
      (1d20+5)[21] (Defense Roll - versus Grunt5)
      (1d20+5)[12] (Defense Roll - versus Elite2)
    • Hinderance:
      (1d20+5)[23] (Defense Roll - versus Grunt6)
      (1d20+5)[14] (Defense Roll - versus Grunt6)
      (1d20+5)[11] (Defense Roll - versus Grunt6)
      (1d20+5)[17] (Defense Roll - versus Grunt6)
      (1d20+5)[23] (Defense Roll - versus Grunt6)

    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-09-07 at 01:41 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Spoiler
    Show

    Forgot some rolls... sorry!
    Needle Rifle Damage:
    (2d4)[4]
    (2d4)[7]

    Defense Rolls versus Valen:
    (1d20+5)[22]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Ducking into and out of cover, attempting to get a clear shot at the elite currently in the midst of attacking John, Volsung turns his head to see if any of his other squad mates need help at almost the same moment that Tristan and Argyle are both attacked. Seeing Tristan being bodily flung back by the harsh blue projectile from the ship, he immediately breaks cover, loosing three shots at the elite with the energy sword before running as fast as he can in the cumbersome suit of armor over to Tristan, kneeling to the ground besides him and jacking in his medkit in one motion. " Skide lort, født disse pik sutter sønner af ludere af sataner fra voldtægt. Whoever else had med supplies, get over to Hindrance and try to help him, " he yells out as he glances at the readings. "Kneppe røv bryster voldtægt skid," he mutters to himself, jamming his fist into Tristan's suit and charging up another biofoam reserve built into his suit to prepare it for use.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2012-09-06 at 04:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    -The Doctor
    Onyx 5: Volsung

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Tristen, Hunters, Crap. Argyle was about to drop out of third person, as he stood up, unclipping and throwing a inferno grenade in one smooth motion.

    "This unit will move after needles blow!"
    "Targets assigned!"
    "Dammit, Hunters, stay mobile!"
    "I think we all know that!"
    "Volsung, check your signs detecter again! Provide him cover!"
    "Moving Tacks."

    The Elites plasma fire had flown wide as Argyle move up, the blast hit part of the wall to the left of him turning the dirty brown into an ash black in an instant. The next round would probably be closer...

    Target Priority:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Elite with Energy Sword (Close combat range, high danger)
    Phantom Turret (High Damage repeditive, Will force disengagement of phantom)
    Grunt with Needler (Low Toughness high damage)
    Grunt with Plasma Pistol (Low toughness sheild negation)
    Hunters 1 + 2 (Intermitent High Damage/toughness)
    Elite with Needle Riffle (Moderate Damage)
    Eite with Plasma Riffle (Moderate Damage)
    My Homebrew Sig.

    Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

    * Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Volsung slides in next to Tristan's still form and can see exposed circuitry, bare skin, and pink organ showing through the melted plate where the plasma bolt made impact. It took Onyx5 less than two seconds to realize that he was looked at a part of X218's lung. With the suit being this badly damaged, it was likely that the built-in defibrillator wasn't going to work. His vitals were are trailing... it certainly didn't look good.

    Sammael cast a glance towards Tristan and made a start to help him when he snapped back to the task at hand. Volsung's got him... concentrate... breathe... squeeze... just squeeze... The sniper exhales evenly and slowly, a bullet meant to accompany his breath. But instead, his rifle jams! "Sh!t! Not now!"

    John shuffles backwards at the narrow miss from the energy sword. When he recovers, he curses under his breath and levels his shotgun once more, flinging buckshot and fire once again at those in front of him. The last two grunts drop directly in front of him, their action (like their lives) cut short by the loud blast. The sword-wielding Elite manages to use the grunts as a shield, avoiding the majority of the damage... but with the wounds he had already sustained, it still proved too much. The split-jaw collapses to the ground in a puddle of rapidly-growing purple ichor. The pellets also manage to damage the Hunter, orange spray decorating the side of the nearby Phantom.

    Argyle tosses his flame grenade, bursting on the undermounted plasma cannon and wreathing it in dripping fire.

    Hinderance whirls around and opens up on the Hunter that was damaged by John. He riddles the damn thing with holes and it begins leaking worse than a Warthog in the hands of a squadron of marines... but it is still up!

    Dropship blasts Volsung, narrowly missing him. The plasma bolt sails over him as he ducks, splashing into the sand some six feet away. Chunks of sand and bits of hot glass rain down on Volsung and his charge. The medic covers the gaping hole in Tristan's chest, trying to keep the contamination to a minimum.

    The initial Elite exchanges with Argyle once more, landing two of its shots. Argyle's shields shimmer as they are nearly depleted as the Elite then vents his rifle with a mocking scoff. "You will all die here, blasphemers!"

    The third Elite opens up at Valen once more, hitting him twice and the first of which causes his shields to completely pop.

    The damaged Hunter releases his cannon at John, hitting him in the left shoulder and spinning him a quarter turn back. With no shields, the hit took quite a bit out of Onyx 4... but he was still in this fight!

    The fresh Hunter shoots his arm cannon at Sammael, some distance away... still scoring contact against Sammael's helmet as he messed with his rifle. The impact scooted the sniper back several feet, but luckily his shields ate the worst of it.

    Valen continues firing at the first Elite, landing all three of his shots and dropping the creature's shields with his initial bullet. The beast straightened himself up and opened his mouth wide, screaming at the sky. He then leveled his eyes and V21, anger fuming from beneath his helm.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Covenant Rolls
    • Dropship:
      (1d20+2)[7] (Attack Roll - versus Volsung)
      (8d8)[41]
    • Grunt5 {Plasma Pistol}:
      (1d20+3)[14] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      Charging plasma pistol (if still alive).
    • Grunt6 {Needler}:
      (1d20+3)[5] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (4d4)[11] (Delay Damage on Hinderance for 4 needles)
      If still alive-
      (1d20+4)[10] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Hinderance)
      (1d4)[3]
      (1d20+2)[8] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Hinderance)
      (1d4)[1]
      (1d20)[3] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Hinderance)
      (1d4)[2]
      (1d20-2)[15] (Attack Roll 4 - versus Hinderance)
      (1d4)[2]
      (1d20-4)[-3] (Attack Roll 5 - versus Hinderance)
      (1d4)[1]
    • Elite1 {Plasma Rifle}:
      (1d20+8)[15] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Argyle's resolved {14})
      (3d4)[6]
      (1d20+6)[20] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Argyle's resolved {13})
      (3d4)[8]
      (1d20+4)[5] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Argyle's resolved {13})
      (3d4)[7]
      (1d20+2)[14] (Attack Roll 4 - versus Argyle's resolved {18})
      (3d4)[5]
      (1d20)[6] (Attack Roll 5 - versus Argyle's resolved {11})
      (3d4)[7]
      (1d20+5)[20] (Defense Roll - versus Valen)
      (1d20+5)[8] (Defense Roll - versus Valen)
      (1d20+5)[7] (Defense Roll - versus Valen)
    • Elite2 {Energy Sword}:
      (1d20+5)[10] (Defense Roll - versus Sammael)
      (1d20+5)[25] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      If still alive -
      (1d20+9)[16] (Attack Roll - versus John)
      (2d6+5)[15]
    • Elite3 {Needle Rifle}:
      (1d20+8)[26] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Valen)
      (2d4)[6]
      (1d20+6)[22] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Valen)
      (2d4)[4]
      (1d20+4)[7] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Valen)
      (2d4)[8]
    • Hunter1:
      (1d20+2)[15] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (1d20+2)[4] (Defense Roll - versus Hinderance)
      (1d20+2)[14] (Defense Roll - versus Hinderance)
      (1d20+2)[12] (Defense Roll - versus Hinderance)
      (1d20+2)[15] (Defense Roll - versus Hinderance)
      (1d20+2)[7] (Defense Roll - versus Hinderance)
      If still alive -
      (1d20+4)[17] (Attack Roll - versus John)
      (4d4)[10]
    • Hunter2:
      (1d20+2)[21] (Attack Roll - versus Sammael; penalty for distance)
      (4d4)[8]


    Onyx Wind Rolls
    • Volsung:
      You shot and moved... attempting the patch up on Tristan (if you still wish it) will have to be next turn!
      Phantom is also shooting at you!
    • Sammael:
      (1d20+12)[13] (Attack Roll - versus Elite2)
      (4d10)[19]
      (1d20+8)[20] (Defense Roll - versus Hunter2)
    • Argyle:
      You hit the undermounted turret and dealt 9 damage to it! It is still functional.
    • Hinderance:
      (1d20+10)[17] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Hunter1)
      (1d20+8)[28] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Hunter1)
      (1d20+6)[9] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Hunter1)
      (1d20+4)[15] (Attack Roll 4 - versus Hunter1)
      (1d20+2)[8] (Attack Roll 5 - versus Hunter1)
      (1d20+5)[22] (Defense Roll - versus Grunt6)
      (1d20+5)[22] (Defense Roll - versus Grunt6)
      (1d20+5)[9] (Defense Roll - versus Grunt6)
      (1d20+5)[11] (Defense Roll - versus Grunt6)
      (1d20+5)[7] (Defense Roll - versus Grunt6)
    • Valen:
      (1d20+7)[14] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+7)[17] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+7)[26] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+12)[31] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Elite1)
      (4d4)[15]
      (1d20+12)[17] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Elite1)
      (4d4)[10]
      (1d20+12)[29] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Elite1)
      (4d4)[10]
    • John:
      (1d20+10)[20] (Attack Roll - versus Grunts5&6, Elite2, & Hunter1{shotgun})
      (4d6)[1][2][4][5](12)
      (1d20+5)[6] (Defense Roll - versus Elite2)
      (1d20+5)[12] (Defense Roll - versus Hunter1)

    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-09-10 at 12:29 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  12. - Top - End - #222
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Volsung sprays biofoam over the exposed tissue of Tristan's lung, swearing almost continuously as his pulse drops down into red, before flatlining completely. "Cazzo! Doc, do we have anything to restart his heart?"
    "You could always try chest compressions," replies the voice of his suit, sarcastic as ever.
    "Forbandede, right. Wait, even with the damage to his lung?"
    "Jack the medkit into his suit, and hook up an IV. I'll get some chems running that should prevent any more organ damage than has already been caused. And if he does kick off, make sure to recover his AI. I like her."
    Ripping out a needle from his kit, Volsung attaches an IV line to it before stabbing it into the crook of Tristan's elbow. A slight buzzing noise comes out of the medkit, coinciding with a brightly colored fluid dripping down into Tristan's arm. Dropping the kit down onto the ground, Volsung locks his arms, rocks up once, and then starts pushing down rhythmically on Tristan's chest, taking care not to touch any exposed tissue.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2012-09-09 at 09:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    -The Doctor
    Onyx 5: Volsung

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Volsung recovers from covering Tristan's body from the shower of sand and continues trying to help him. Once Tristan flatlines, the medic moves to manual methods of recovery.

    Sammael fires at the approaching Hunter, hurriedly trying to recover after removing the jam. He misses wildly, retorting "Come on big fella, hold still! Today is just apparently not my day."

    John hustles forward, rushing the initial Hunter, who raises his massive shield in defense. X65 shoulders the shield open enough to juke past and jams the barrel of his shotgun into the fleshy neck of the creature, just beneath the jaw. The blast sends a fountain of orange goo skyward as John twirls out from beneath the collapsing behemoth.

    Argyle begins to move towards Hinderance, to see what aid he can lend.

    Hinderance reacted as John drops the Hunter bearing down on him and turns his attention to the second Hunter, lighting him up with three of his shots. The Hunter staggered his steps towards Sammael a little, but continued on regardless of the damage.

    The Dropship lifts skyward, the pilot apparently deciding to leave the battle as it turned for the worse for the Covenant forces. The ship pulls away, taking a parting shot at Hinderance, hitting him directly on the top of the helmet. H04 crumples the the ground with an uncomforting sound and a physics-defying contortion of his body.

    The Elite that had first gotten off of the dropship tosses a plasma grenade at Argyle, sticking him with the device! It detonates, dropping the remaining shields that the Spartan had and dealing a small amount of bodily damage beyond what the suit could protect him from!

    The third Elite pops more shots at Valen, who is slightly behind cover, hitting him with two more shots, one straight through his suit and into his stomach. Luckily, the other shot (in addition to the two needles bursting from the last barrage) is absorbed by his suit.

    The last Hunter moves towards Sammael, charging his cannon as he goes.

    Valen continues to attack the Elite the stuck Argyle, felling him with three more shots from his Battle Rifle. Valen drops with his back against the Portable Cover and reloads.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Covenant Rolls
    • Dropship:
      [roll]1d20-2 (Attack Roll - versus Hinderance)
      [roll]8d8
    • Elite1 {Plasma Rifle}:
      (1d20+8)[19] (Attack Roll - versus Argyle {plasma grenade})
      (6d6)[19]
      (1d20+5)[10] (Defense Roll - versus Valen)
      (1d20+5)[11] (Defense Roll - versus Valen)
      (1d20+5)[18] (Defense Roll - versus Valen)
    • Elite3 {Needle Rifle}:
      (1d20+8)[19] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Valen)
      (2d4)[6]
      (1d20+6)[26] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Valen)
      (2d4)[2]
      (1d20+4)[18] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Valen)
      (2d4)[4]
    • Hunter1:
      (1d20+2)[13] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      Raised his shield (-4 to attacks, +2 to AC).
    • Hunter2:
      (1d20+2)[21] (Defense Roll - versus Sammael)


    Onyx Wind Rolls
    • Volsung:
      Attempting to heal Tristan.
    • Sammael:
      (1d20+10)[16] (Attack Roll {hurried penalty} - versus Hunter2)
      (4d10)[24]
    • Argyle:
      Moving to help Hinderance. Fire deals an additional (1d4)[1] points.
      (1d20+5)[6] (Defense Roll - versus Elite1 {ranged touch attack})
      (1d20+12)[31] (Reflex Save1 - versus Elite1)
      (1d20+12)[20] (Reflex Save2 - versus Elite2)
    • Hinderance:
      (1d20+10)[15] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Hunter1)
      (3d4)[10]
      (1d20+8)[13] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Hunter1)
      (3d4)[7]
      (1d20+6)[24] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Hunter1)
      (3d4)[11]
      (1d20+4)[15] (Attack Roll 4 - versus Hunter1)
      (3d4)[10]
      (1d20+2)[17] (Attack Roll 5 - versus Hunter1)
      (3d4)[10]
      (1d20+5)[16] (Defense Roll - versus Dropship)
    • Valen:
      (1d20+11)[18] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+11)[22] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+11)[30] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+12)[28] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Elite1)
      (4d4)[6]
      (1d20+10)[19] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Elite1)
      (4d4)[11]
      (1d20+8)[23] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Elite1)
      (4d4)[10]
    • John:
      (1d20+10)[14] (Attack Roll - versus Hunter1)
      (4d6)[5][3][5][2](15)

    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-09-12 at 01:00 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    biggrin Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    The Elite got him with a grenade.
    The Elite stuck him with a plasma.
    The chance of surviving that happens to be smaller than the chance of being hit by lightning if you live in space.
    In an instanct all his AI's scream in a concert of rage and fear.
    "OH F***!"

    Wanting to provide Valen with some protection from the grenade he activates his jump pack and jumps slightly, bursting up maybe a meter facing the grenade away from Valen before it explodes, sending Argyle flying back and smacking against the wall.
    But he doesn't flatline.

    "Oh sweet Jesus!"
    "Thats an A in Terror and a F in Chemistry."
    "Oh god am I going to put some money in the donation tin next time!"
    "Hinderence!"
    "S***! Distracting Elite, Go Quickly!"
    "Medical suggests broken neck, Hunter Distracted!"
    "Target Priorities Modified!"
    "Flying!"

    With a quick burst of his jet pack, Argyle leaps over the barrier and runs towards Hinderance.

    ((Rolls/Actions))
    Spoiler
    Show

    Iaoch will use a slot to cast Flare on the last remaining Elite.
    Argyle will move to Hinderance at full speed and perform a heal check (Preliminary assesment):
    Base: (1d20+6)[24]
    Gnomere Assistance: (1d20+5)[19] Bonus: 4
    Total: 28. Ok, is there any hope what so ever (Medi-foam, holding his head still)? Or is he just outright dead and I need to get our medical officer to declare it?


    New Target Priorities
    Spoiler
    Show

    Remaining Elite
    Hunter
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2012-09-11 at 08:50 PM.
    My Homebrew Sig.

    Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

    * Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Volsung continues to give Tristan chest compressions for a short while more, his swearing cycling through several Earth languages and flirting briefly with Uggnoy before resolving itself into a steady stream of a particular four-letter English word beginning with "f". Completely ignoring the world around him, he barely even reacts as one of the hunters falls dead, and Hindrance takes a direct hit form a plasma cannon. He is shaken out of his reverie as his AI unit snaps at him, "Vol, he's gone. Half of his lung is exposed and he has no pulse. You can't save him, so go try and help the others."

    "No, I can still save him. Give me time," comes Volsung's frantic reply.

    "No. You can't. You are a medic, not a surgeon. Your job is not to fix people, it's to make them comfortable as they die."

    "Gods be damned, fine. Bell, if you can hear me in there, we're going to get you out of here. It'll be all right." Standing, he draws his needler from his back and blast away at the elite, steadily advancing toward Hindrance as he shoots.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2012-09-12 at 06:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    -The Doctor
    Onyx 5: Volsung

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Volsung moves towards Hinderance, popping off three shots at the last remaining Elite, hitting with two of them and making his shields dazzle.

    Sammael fires, finally hitting the brute in the neck, causing a fount of orange to erupt from the Hunter.

    John switches to his SMG and opens up full auto on the Elite, hitting a bulls eye with the first shot and nothing else, but still managed to drop the bastard's shields all the way down.

    Argyle's AI flares the Elite with his suit's lights, which the split-jaw seems to simply shrug off. The Spartan then makes his way to Hinderance, finally, but the situation looks bad - compound fracture of the clavicle... neck definitely looks broken...

    The dropship, which has been rising, levels out and turns roughly northward, and begins to head off.

    The last standing Elite turns his attention to John, spraying fire wildly but still making contact with one of his shots. The two needles remaining in Valen, his suit soaking up the damage from both.

    The remaining Hunter shoots his cannon at Sammael, the green bolt flying well over the sniper's head and continuing off some distance behind him.

    Valen calls out, "Status report! Five... tell me a story with a happy ending about Six! And Three... what have you got on Seven? Tell me it wasn't as bad as it looked!" Your team leader ran to where Tristan has first fallen and hooked the toe of his boot under the Spartan Laser, kicking it up into the air and grabbing it in one fluid motion, a spray a sand coming up with it. He snatched the artillery piece out of the air and began charging it as he continued without slowing down.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Covenant Rolls
    • Dropship:
      Is moving to leave.
    • Elite3 {Needle Rifle}:
      (1d20+5)[19] (Defense Roll - versus Volsung)
      (1d20+5)[14] (Defense Roll - versus Volsung)
      (1d20+5)[22] (Defense Roll - versus Volsung)
      (1d20+5)[8] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (1d20+5)[18] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (1d20+5)[17] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (1d20+5)[16] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (1d20+5)[19] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (1d4)[2] (Needle burst damage from last round - versus Valen)
      (1d4)[2] (Needle burst damage from last round - versus Valen)
      (1d20+8)[12] (Attack Roll 1 - versus John)
      (2d4)[6]
      (1d20+6)[8] (Attack Roll 2 - versus John)
      (2d4)[8]
      (1d20+4)[9] (Attack Roll 3 - versus John)
      (2d4)[5]
    • Hunter2:
      (1d20+2)[3] (Defense Roll - versus Sammael)
      (1d20+4)[9] (Attack Roll - versus Sammael)
      (4d4)[14]


    Onyx Wind Rolls
    • Volsung:
      Attempting to heal Tristan.
    • Sammael:
      (1d20+12)[28] (Attack Roll - versus Hunter2)
      (4d10)[17]
      (1d20+8)[27] (Defense Roll - versus Hunter2)
    • Argyle:
      Moving to help Hinderance. Fire deals an additional (1d4)[1] points.
    • Valen:
      Moves to Tristan's body and grabs Spartan Laser, charging it.
    • John:
      (1d20+10)[30] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Elite3)
      (2d4)[5]
      (1d20+8)[11] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Elite3)
      (2d4)[6]
      (1d20+6)[15] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Elite3)
      (2d4)[4]
      (1d20+4)[7] (Attack Roll 4 - versus Elite3)
      (2d4)[3]
      (1d20+2)[16] (Attack Roll 5 - versus Elite3)
      (2d4)[4]
      (1d20+5)[22] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+5)[6] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+5)[11] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)

    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-09-12 at 01:46 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    All at once Argyle's head becomes like that of a bad psychotic, full of voices, but all just to himself.

    [Self]"Broken Cervical Vertebrae, compound fractures and dislocation but spinal cord still intact. Clavicle shattered, many compound fractures. Vitals falling! Breathing suspended!"
    [Self]"Commencing CPR. Contact Valkarie that **** bucket is to die!"
    [Self]"He's going to need a lift out of here, he cant move at all. Apply biofoam once you open suit, hopefully it can place a coat over some of the breaks and any bleeding."
    [Self]"OH Crap, ****! Suit suggests internal bleeding."


    By now Argyle had just gotten Hinderence's helmet off.
    [Self]"Minor breaks on the mandible, Skull intact, no bleeding through the skull, suit report synched, there is no bleeding outside of internal."
    [Self]"Sipping through a straw..."
    [Self]"Nick there to provide outlet if required."
    [Self]"Marked, send off lights I know what to do from here."


    Argyle had worked his own helmet off and combat knife out, and with barely a nick, with a thankfully unused combat knife, Argyle slips the knife a little down Hinderence's back and makes a small cut, only having to peel a little bit more of the suit which cries out in compliance. The wound is barely deep enough to allow pressure to vent for internal bleeding, and it is obvious internal bleeding takes place, blood flow is worse than it should be.
    Then he commences CPR.

    Meanwhile, the AI's Send of messages.

    [To Volsung]"I heard what the AI said about Tristan. If you haven't already leave him, we have a live one here who may survive, but is beyond inbuilt routines and training...."

    [To Valkyrie and USS ship]"This is AI Gnomere of Onyx wind Unit 3-Argyle, Identification code 178723468235409a756bc675d, uploading dogfight/airstrike mission co-ordinates for a Covenant Phantom flying at bearing code N132, we have severely wounded members and almost confirmed Human Covenant Alliance. Also, we have two wounded Spartans uploading medical reports and requesting immediate evac on terms of mission completion and medical emergency. Please Resopond. This is..."
    She sets to message to repeat, then opens channels to Onyx 1.

    [To Onyx 1]"Despite suits readout he is alive but fading, Onyx 3 should have him holding soon but he is going to need a patch up from Volsung over here. He isn't going to be fighting though, and will need an airlift out, once that damn tunnel opens we will need to place him in there while we await extraction.... I think it's time for us to deem mission parameters met, and am voicing this until told otherwise."
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2012-09-14 at 01:36 AM.
    My Homebrew Sig.

    Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

    * Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Volsung nearly stops mid-shot at the elite, recovering in time to fire at him at least once more, as he gets the request from Ioach. Getting back into stride, he resumes firing for a few more seconds before turning and starting to accelerate to a run towards Argyle and Hindrance. "Forpulede søster kærlige sønner af ludere. If you hear this, Ioach, make sure to not move his neck too much, and try to open the chest piece as much as you can before I get there. And, for the love of god, do not break any ribs while you're trying to save his life." Still running, he turns and fires twice more before holstering his rifle and calling back his AI in preparation of treating the second Spartan in as many minutes.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    -The Doctor
    Onyx 5: Volsung

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Volsung continues to Hinderance, popping off three more shots at the final Elite. He hits with his second shot, imbedding an additional pink needle into him. The new projectile didn't seem to hit very hard, but the burst from one of the old ones tears a bit of the creature's bare skin and you see purple drops leaking from his armor. Argyle is giving Hinderance chest compressions as best he can through Seven's armor. You can tell by the angle of his neck that it this situation looks every bit as bad as the one you just left.

    Sammael steadies himself, despite the immanently looming figure of the Hunter grew closer and raised its massive shield-arm to make what the sniper knew would be a devastating strike. His shot is placed brilliantly, piercing the creature through one of the eyes of its helm and spraying more orange blood into the sky. The huge beast folds to the ground, digging into the sand as its momentum causes it to slide to a stop right in front of Sammael. He exhales and then pats the Hunter's corpse with his forward hand, "There, there big guy... sleep well."

    John continues to fire his SMG at the Elite, lighting him up like a space station docking port. However, despite the barrage of lead, the creature continues forward.

    Argyle begins CPR on Hinderance, trying desperately to revive him. Soon, Volsung is by his side, calling out to him.

    The dropship continues to fly away, like some haunting ghost from a dream, leaving as if nothing had transpired.

    The last Elite concentrates on John, spraying return fire as he charges. He hits him twice more with his needle rifle. The needle that had hit John in the last assault bursts, injuring John further.

    Valen jumps and twists his body in the direction the Phantom was leaving in and fires the red beam from the Spartan Laser, hitting the purple vessel and causing the entire thing to be engulfed in a ball of fire and plasma! The smoking remains plummet to the ground beyond your sight, though your hear the crash with little effort.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Covenant Rolls
    • Dropship:
      Flying off.
      (1d20+4)[5] (Defense Roll (Pilot) - versus Valen)
    • Elite3 {Needle Rifle}:
      (1d20+5)[16] (Defense Roll - versus Volsung)
      (1d20+5)[14] (Defense Roll - versus Volsung)
      (1d20+5)[21] (Defense Roll - versus Volsung)
      (1d20+5)[12] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (1d20+5)[17] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (1d20+5)[10] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (1d20+5)[15] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (1d20+5)[24] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (2d4)[5] (Needle burst damage from last round - versus John)
      If still alive:
      (1d20+8)[23] (Attack Roll 1 - versus John)
      [roll2d4[/roll]
      (1d20+6)[24] (Attack Roll 2 - versus John)
      [roll2d4[/roll]
      (1d20+4)[8] (Attack Roll 3 - versus John)
      [roll2d4[/roll]
    • Hunter2:
      (1d20+2)[6] (Defense Roll - versus Sammael)
      (1d20+7)[17] (Attack Roll - versus Sammael)
      (2d8+7)[15]


    Onyx Wind Rolls
    • Volsung:
      Attacking the Elite, and then moving to attempt to heal Hinderance.
    • Sammael:
      (1d20+12)[15] (Attack Roll - versus Hunter2)
      (4d10)[23]
      (1d20+8)[14] (Defense Roll - versus Hunter2)
    • Argyle:
      Attempting to heal Hinderance. Fire deals an additional (1d4)[2] points.
    • Valen:
      (1d20+12)[22] (Attack Roll - versus Drop Ship)
      (6d4)[15]
    • John:
      (1d20+10)[30] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Elite3)
      (2d4)[2]
      (1d20+8)[27] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Elite3)
      (2d4)[6]
      (1d20+6)[17] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Elite3)
      (2d4)[6]
      (1d20+4)[20] (Attack Roll 4 - versus Elite3)
      (2d4)[4]
      (1d20+2)[22] (Attack Roll 5 - versus Elite3)
      (2d4)[5]
      (1d20+5)[13] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+5)[12] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)
      (1d20+5)[9] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)

    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-09-17 at 12:40 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    With one final shot, Sammael's echoing rifle puts one straight through the brain-pan of the last of the covenant forces. John continues to the beast, leaping onto his already falling corpse and stabbing it repeatedly with his combat knife. Once his rage subsides, he rises, the front of him painted purple with the vengeance of his fallen teammates.

    Meanwhile, Argyle aids the medic as best he can. Volsung works feverishly for several more long minutes, before he notices Valen's hand on his shoulder.

    "Six, that's enough. He's gone."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Covenant Rolls
    • Elite3 {Needle Rifle}:
      (1d20+5)[20] (Defense Roll - versus Sammael)
      (1d20+5)[14] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      (1d20+5)[25] (Defense Roll - versus John)
      If still alive.
      (1d20+9)[11] (Attack Roll - versus John)
      (1d20+5)[14] (Defense Roll - versus Valen)
      (1d20+5)[18] (Defense Roll - versus Valen)
      (1d20+5)[19] (Defense Roll - versus Valen)


    Onyx Wind Rolls
    • Volsung:
      Healing Hinderance.
    • Sammael:
      (1d20+12)[25] (Attack Roll - versus Elite3)
      (4d10)[24]
    • Argyle:
      Aiding in healing Hinderance.
    • Valen:
      (1d20+12)[22] (Attack Roll 1 - versus Elite3)
      (4d4)[13]
      (1d20+10)[19] (Attack Roll 2 - versus Elite3)
      (4d4)[8]
      (1d20+8)[15] (Attack Roll 3 - versus Elite3)
      (4d4)[8]
    • John:
      (1d20+8)[25] (Attack Roll 1 {SMG} - versus Elite3)
      (2d4)[3]
      [roll]1d20+7 (Attack Roll 2 {Knife} - versus Elite3)
      (1d4+4)[6]
      (1d20+5)[19] (Defense Roll - versus Elite3)

    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-09-19 at 12:01 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    "Dammit, fine. So where the h*ll is Val?" Volsung shouts as he stands, tearing off his helmet and throwing it away. Turning back to Valen, he continues shouting, "And who in the name of the ni forpulede helveder thought it would be a good idea to send one squad of spartans to investigate an entire gorramn planet?" He turns away again, running his hand through his short blond hair distractedly before kneeling and flipping Hindrance. Muttering to himself, he says, "Catch-22, if you can hear me, I'm going to take you out of your suit now. You want to stay in, just tell me." He waits a few seconds for a reply, and then jacks him out of Hindrance's suit. Walking over to Tristan's body, he kneels down again and repeats the process, word for word.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2012-09-20 at 07:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    -The Doctor
    Onyx 5: Volsung

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Argyle stood back from Hinderance. Anyone who wasn't in the suit would say he was a picture of composer.

    Anyone who could see his vital signs would say very different.
    [To Argyle] "Don't do it.... Damn I'm locked out."
    But by this point Valen was to close to warn, and they had just been locked out of the speaker system, and it would take a while to circumvent.
    When Valen heared Argyle's suit whisper he would probably stop confused a little with the audio playback.

    "The chances that these alarms going off would be loud enough to be heard by some random patrol is pretty slim."
    Then suddenly Argyle turned on the spot, taking a swing at Valen.

    Soon after Gnomere works around the lockout, and sends another message for Valkyrie.

    [To Valkyrie and USS ship]"This is AI Gnomere of Onyx wind Unit 3-Argyle, Identification code 178723468235409a756bc675d, calling for a Belay order on the airstrike/dogfight mission upload if recieved. We have two wounded Spartans uploading medical reports and requesting immediate evac on terms of mission completion and medical emergency. Please Resopond. This is..."


    Spoiler
    Show

    To Hit (1d20+9)[15]
    Don't particularly want to do any damage though.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2012-09-19 at 06:44 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Valen responded to Volsung's outburst, "I don't like the situation any more than you do, and this has gotten f^cked ten ways to Sunday in a real hurry. But ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die. They had no idea what was going on here, but this is what we signed up for. Now stow it; we have a job to do, Spartan!"

    Volsung gets a fairly similar reply from both of the AIs, requesting to be removed and then reassigned at a later time. While Spartans were fairly stoic and to-the-point, they were not unnecessarily cold... these programs, however, sometimes took efficiency to a level of removed that certainly seemed harsh.

    Gnomere picks up little more than the irritable and persistent static that has plagued this mission from its touchdown. The tiniest bits of frequency came, broadcast from Valkyrie and the Dawn Evader, but it was intermingled with garbage, static, and even the echos of past transmissions from both your team and the AI in orbit somewhere above. Deciphering a clear message was impossible, and you could only hope that Valkyrie did not hear the airstrike portion of your request. The fact that MAC rounds hadn't hammered down on you yet was a good sign that she didn't. However, that also meant that she probably wasn't hearing the remainder either.

    Suddenly, Argyle lunged at Valen, missing him as the team leader evaded his fist. Valen removed his Battle Rifle from the magnet that held it to his back and flipped off the safety, keeping it pointed at the ground... for now.

    "You want to explain yourself, Four; and you want to explain yourself right now."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Valen:
    (1d20+7)[22]
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-09-20 at 10:31 AM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    The message simply repeats, this time louder as Argyle faces Onyx 1.
    "The chances that these alarms going off would be loud enough to be heard by some random patrol is pretty slim."

    He then turns to where his portable cover was, activating the deactivation sequence as he walks past it. As he waits he punches the wall once. Hard but only once. A different audio replay activates.

    "This unit can open now but I would set off alarms. I can keep looking for a way to skip those, but it might be easier to make the alarms unable to activate then blow the hatch. Being based for-"
    "The chances that these alarms going off would be loud enough to be heard by some random patrol is pretty slim."

    After a moment Argyle turns and picks up his portable cover.
    "Appologies sir... It won't happen again. Gnomere your just getting static aren't you?"
    "Yes. Message is on repeat."
    [Covenent]"May it foreswear it's religon..."
    "I would have thought you would be swaring in English."
    "Sir, given current status it is entirely possible that the covenant have called for reinforcements and today is not our day. I recomend that we pull back into the tunnel system and await evac. Other tactical notes include-"
    It is entirely obvious that he is trying desperately to calm down.
    "- Temporary withdrawel to ambush positions with dead spartans as bait will provide a way to avoid being cornered and destroy any covenant that come to reinforce this position. Static is preventing communications in this region, and tunnels generally have worse reception than open ground areas.... Advisory, sending Yourself, Samuel, H.... or I-"
    The list again had shortened from the normal roster for solo opps. And everyone knew it was Hinderence's name Argyle barely refrained himself from speaking in those short clipt tones.
    "-To high ground or the last known location where communications where established."

    The entire time, Gnomere tries to get a better signal, however she doupts she will be able to do much.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Gnomere Base: (1d20+16)[25]
    Argyle Modifier: (1d20+10)[13]
    Bonus Granted: +1
    Iaoch Modifier: (1d20+6)[20]
    Bonus Granted: +5
    New Total: 31
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2012-09-20 at 06:46 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Volsung interposes his body between Valen and Argyle after the first punch is thrown, but backs down after he sees that nothing more is going to come of it. Hearing Argyle's suggestions, his eyes harden for a second before he calms.

    "We're not using our dead for bait. And on top of that, how can we be sure of the human-covenant alliance? Both factions shooting at us isn't exactly anything new," says Volsung, walking stiff-legged over to his helmet. Bending down to retrieve it, he wipes his hand across his face before replacing it on his head and sealing it again.

    "Doc, run test 53, I want to be sure all of the equipment works after the throw. Oh, and you lot, as the designated medical officer of this unit, it is my required task to inform you that should you need counseling as a result of H…. Because of T….. Should you need it, come to either me or the slightly psychotic AI that lives in my head." He walks off, fiddling with his rifle as he reloads, the faint sound of an orchestral piece emanating from his helmet.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2012-09-22 at 05:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    -The Doctor
    Onyx 5: Volsung

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    The culvert covering finally made a loud, reluctant creak, and the steel plates pulled apart to reveal the concrete valley behind it. Thankfully with that, the alarms finally ceased as well.

    "We press on with the mission as dictated to us. We keep trying to raise the Dawn Evader to give her the details of the situation. Let's get the Spade into the culvert and put Seven and Eight on the bed and activate the magnets on their backs. When we find a good spot to leave them, we will report the coordinates to our UNSC channels for later evacuation. Now... are we soldiers or are we Spartans?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    The interior of the culvert:

    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-09-24 at 04:27 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    After a moment, Argyle nods.

    "We are Spartans, and we will make Earth Proud. Gnomere, adjust the message accordingly... I think it could be encrypted better."

    Argyle moves to help move the still forms of Onyx-6 and -7.


    ((Revised Broadcast, Rolls for encryption))
    Spoiler
    Show

    [To Valkyrie/Dawn Evader]"This is AI Gnomere of Onyx wind Unit 3-Argyle, Identification code 178723468235409a756bc675d. We have two wounded Spartans uploading medical reports, status is decommissioned.-"
    Most say AI are emotionless machines, however they do have emotions, and without suppressing them, it was the closest she could come to saying dead... And Medical reports would confirm fears.
    "- We are still mobile and bringing Spartens Onyx-7 and Onyx-6, when you get this send a call for location. The mission is continued."

    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Gnomere Base: (1d20+16)[19]
    Argyle Modifier: (1d20+1)[5]
    Bonus Granted: -3
    Iaoch Modifier: (1d20+6)[18]
    Bonus Granted: + 4
    New Total: 20

    Ouch.

    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2012-09-24 at 09:08 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DoctorFaust's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    "We are Spartans. Hooah," echos Volsung as he moves to collect 6 and 7's body. Grabbing 6's body by the armpits, he lugs it over to the Spade, flipping it up into the bed of the truck, waiting for Erik to do the same with 7 before closing the grate. Loping around the side of the truck, he is beaten to the drivers seat by John, so he swings up onto the supports of the cab. "Punch it."
    Spoiler
    Show

    Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    -The Doctor
    Onyx 5: Volsung

    I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Sammael keeps a vigilant eye out for any signs of reinforcements as the rest of the team relocates to the culvert. Once everyone was situated back on the Spade, Valen climbed onboard and situated himself between your fallen brothers. Having grabbed the Spartan Laser and tossed it into the passenger floorboard, he left the rest of the gear that wasn't attached behind.

    John double-checks that Onyx Wind is ready and guns the throttle. The engine's hum reverberates off of the narrow concrete walls of the ditch as countless miles of it roll past you, giving you all plenty of time to think. Your minds replay the battle over and over again, questioning each move, each squeeze of the trigger.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



  30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Erasmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Rostfin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

    Soon, John interrupts your thoughts... like a mortal shell splintering the ground open right in front of you.

    "Huh... now that's interesting..."

    You see an end to the culvert up ahead, a drop off that probably leads into whatever reservoir would have to fill up in order to facilitate this drainage channel. However, on the other side of that gap... you see a low, squat building that appears to be made of concrete, like the rest of this culvert. Covered in the same dust as everything else on this planet, you can all barely see what must have drawn John's attention... four letters faded on the upper corner of the place - U N S C.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-09-28 at 02:47 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •