New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA Inidgo Conference: Training Room and Stands

"Huh, so if we couple your Golurk with him, maybe put Bisharp with...that could work if we have Gengar go...and if his Ability...." Daniel says, going off on several mental tangents at the same time.

"OK, so lead with either Gengar, Misdrevous, or Chandelure. And then we'll be able to..." Daniel begins, going into a complex plan with several forks in it for "what if" scenarios, using his hands to animate his speech.
    Awesome Gordon Freemane Avatar by Dirtytabs

ATTENTION: Finally returning (slowly) after a hiatus. I'd rather not talk about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Those who post with ponies become ponies themselves.
    And if you stare too long into Equestria, Equestria stares into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato and Aldurin
    Free action is infinite attacks a round isn't it?

You're right, it's too weak.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Steven decided to just chill in his room. He had been paired up with some nobody that looked kind of goofy.

He smiled at his partner. "Who are you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initial Roll: (1d64)[44]

Rerolls:
    (1d64)[27]
    (1d64)[58]
    (1d64)[51]
    (1d64)[38]
    (1d64)[44]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

"Oak? Yeah, I beat him once upon a time. It was a good battle too," he says with a smile.

"Your team is obviously geared towards offence. What kind of coverages do your guys have? Moves, Abilities, items. The more I know, the more I can help," he says, actually sounding interested now. "Can any of your Pokemon heal themselves?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Moranica's rolls so I can figure matches:

(1d64)[1]

Rerolls:
    (1d64)[37]
    (1d64)[15]
    (1d64)[2]
    (1d64)[8]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "So what do you tend to specialize in anyways, as far as battle style? Should have probably gone over that before even mentioning 'mons, but I'll manage. I tend to favor...and... Picked up a few tricks from...as well." He pulls out a marker to highlight preferable courses of action if the unexpected happens. Knowing preferences and battle styles ahead would make the battle go as smoothly as possible, and could factor into deciding the next course of action. Shouldn't ask her to have her Pokémon tank a bit if she prefered a quick and evaisive strategy.
    "I generally do hit-and-run tatics, strike and move away."

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    "... Sorry about that... Here is what I have (Proceedes to tell Tate my pokemon)....
    Okay so how about this, don't use Houndoom, as its talents are redundant while supplemented with my own. Use move typing to our advantage using guys like Solrock who can use types that aren't his own, like fire and stuff. This will cause them to be uncertain about what we are using at first, giving us a slight advantage. I think I should be offensive as my strategy specializes in it."
    "Ok fine. I'll start with my Solrock. But if he gets creamed by a Ghost, its your fault!"

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Alana reaches into her purse, pulls on a rubber glove, then puts her hand in Wakes fist. She closes her eyes, expecting him to crush it. When he doesn't, she tries to look at his feet, so she can avoid eye contact.

'Umm, I'm good with the weather. So we can either start off with a Sunny day and your Magmortar, or a Rain Dance and ..... well pretty much your whole team. And... umm.. please don't laugh at my pokemon. I know some people think I'm stupid for bringing them, but I still love them.' Tears seem to be in her eyes at this point. Acting normal was very hard for her.
    "Don't cry missie! You'll do fine. Rain Dance will supplement my team the most, though Magmortar can bring out Sunny Day if you like."

Quote Originally Posted by Darchias View Post
    Jashi rubs his chin, idly cursing himself for shaving off his goatee. "Ok then, lead with Wheezing. We'll start off slow and defensive, hopefully he's packing some Haze to stop them from setting up on us. I'll start with Itsu here and we'll stack statuses." He shows his Pokedex, which had a picture of Itsu so Janine knew what he was using.
    "Interesting tatic. You must have beaten my father to know our tatics so well"

Quote Originally Posted by BluesEclipse View Post
    Aidan looks at Norman for a moment, and says, "And I didn't mean anything against you... I just prefer to rely solely on my own skill, and the Pokemon that I've trained." Closing his eyes for a moment, Aidan continues, "'A man that seeks greatness must find his own path, and walk on his own two feet.' I was told that long ago, and got this far because of it. I'm sure you're capable... I'm just not really accustomed to working with anyone."

Shaking his head, he opens his eyes and looks back at Norman, saying, "Well, it doesn't matter. We do what we must, after all. As it is... I haven't had much of a chance yet to look into my competition, though I'll be doing so before too long - I want to see who I'm facing before I spend too much time researching. So for now, we should just see about putting together general tactics." With that, he begins discussing the tactics available with the various Pokemon combinations.
    "We will work on the teamwork together. Trust me." He flashes a soothing smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Haika View Post
    "Hmm, guess that makes sense. My team is pretty varied." Emi fiddles with the hem of her ruffled pink one-piece dress as she skips around the room. "Did you have a plan for the battle?" Swinging her brightly dyed-green hair braids around her, Emilita pokes her head out of the door, curiously listening to the muffled sound of an alarm of some sort nearby.
    "I'm here to help you. I'll take your lead. I'm here to assist you, not carry you."

Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    "Huh, so if we couple your Golurk with him, maybe put Bisharp with...that could work if we have Gengar go...and if his Ability...." Daniel says, going off on several mental tangents at the same time.

"OK, so lead with either Gengar, Misdrevous, or Chandelure. And then we'll be able to..." Daniel begins, going into a complex plan with several forks in it for "what if" scenarios, using his hands to animate his speech.
    Morty stares at you blankly while you go off on numerous tangents. "Slow down. One strategy at a time. Which would you like me to lead with first?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zdude View Post
    Steven decided to just chill in his room. He had been paired up with some nobody that looked kind of goofy.

He smiled at his partner. "Who are you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initial Roll: [roll0]

Rerolls:
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    "I'm the great Chuck! I'm the strongest fighting trainer ever! How have you not heard of me?"

Spoiler
    Show
    His mon are Poliwrath, Breloom, Lucario, Heracross, Jolteon, Scrafty. You came in a bit too late to do proper RP to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Oak? Yeah, I beat him once upon a time. It was a good battle too," he says with a smile.

"Your team is obviously geared towards offence. What kind of coverages do your guys have? Moves, Abilities, items. The more I know, the more I can help," he says, actually sounding interested now. "Can any of your Pokemon heal themselves?"
    Blue smirks and starts to list of thier movesets and abilities.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Expect a PM with details in a bit.

For Everybody:
    Your Joy grabs all of your attentions. We have the matchings for round 1! A large bracket shows up on a screen that hadn't been on the wall before. The bracket is just for show, you'll be randomized after every round. There you can see all the competitors, their partners and who they are matched against.

Matches:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Timmy/Roxanne vs Arcran/Blue
    Joey/Whitney vs Haika/Drayden
    May/Roark vs Es/Elesa
    Brady/Misty vs. Irn/Wake
    Tim/Jasmine vs.Blues/Norman
    Sam/Pyrce vs Zdude/Chuck
    Igor /Fantina vs Darchias/Janine
    Ross/Clay vs Gfwakes/Morty
    Rachel/Bugsy vs Milo/tate
    Dullahan/Claire vs Moranica/Wattson
    This is not the order of the matches by the way. Sorry for not using IC names, never bothered to look at them. I find this easier.

@Arcran: And it seems your the first match of the Tournament Steven! A door opens up leading you and Blue down a long corridor. It takes at least 10 minutes to walk its length giving the 2 of you plenty of time to strategize. Eventually a bright light is seen at the end of corridor, revealing a humongous stadium filled with roaring fans. There is an open field with a metal covering, where the arena will appear from. The announcer's voice booms through the stands.

Welcome to the Mew Arena folks! Go here for your match.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    "I'm the great Chuck! I'm the strongest fighting trainer ever! How have you not heard of me?"
    "Nope," Steven answered, "I've never heard of you. I hope you're not full of hot air, though. I don't want to have to carry this team to victory."

Steven continued to smile in a friendly way. "I'm Steven. I'm quite good at this PokeMon thing."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay, that works well with my general strategy. Sounds like the first match is starting up. Want to head out? Should be a good match. I've heard this guy's pretty good even by the standards here."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Alana rubs her red eyes. 'Um, okay. Misty will probably know Rain Dance benefits us as much as it does her, so will send out electric types or Grass types. I can hit the Electric ones, and Galvantula can bug attack any grass types. And if she does try a water, Galvantual can hit it with an electric attack. And I'll cover him if the other guy tries to use fire.' She grabs her skirt and blows her nose on it, leaving a large snot stain on the front.

'Umm, do you think we could get Misty to put clothes on during the match. I heard that she only wears swimsuits. That's disturbing, and would put me off.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Okay.... I have no idea who Rachel is, so she might use any time of creature. She sounds nice though..."
    Jacob drifted off for a second or two, trying to imagine what she will look like.
    "And Bugsy, will likely use insects which are strong against psychic... Solrock's fire capabilities will likely be useful, especially with my own fire type. But I won't send out mine first as Rachel might be cunning... Like a Clam-thingy.... Cloyster... And if she is then she will likely use something good that can protect the bugs, likely a water or ground type. Solrock is likely going to be immune to most of the ground moves. To protect it from water types I'll use Moros... Moros is doom incarnate so their shouldn't be a problem."
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-05-21 at 10:21 PM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jachi looked at the pair on the board with unease. "Well... I don't recognize Fantina. Is she a Sinnoh Leader? I never ran the Sinnoh circuit, too cold up there. Igor though... I think I've seen him somewhere before..." Jachi pulls out his laptop and starts to research him, looking for his past battle records.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Did the Homework on Igor, Fantina, Myself, Fantina's Drifblim, and Janine.
    Last edited by Darchias; 2012-05-22 at 10:04 PM.
    I can't let you hit that Micheal J. Fox.

11. - Top - End - #41

A Roar of cheering erupted from Jacob's side, as he turned he noticed their were many screens to his right. The teen watched the display.
    "That old man is rather dramatic. Its a good sign. Without style what is the point of us even being in this competiton. I hope me being dramatic doesn't hamper your style."
    Jacob's tone was slightly cold, giving the impression that even if it did hamper Tate he would be dramatic anyway.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Daniel is about to explain all his plans again, Nurse Joy makes her announcement. Looking at the board, he finds his name and settles on a strategy.

"OK, I have no idea who this Ross is, but I know Clay favors the ground. Grounds don't usually like distance, so we should give them a wide berth. Lead out with Misdreavous, and I'll send Amelia. You focus on keeping them busy." Daniel says.

"For now, let's watch this match. It's always good to scout the competition before diving in."
    Awesome Gordon Freemane Avatar by Dirtytabs

ATTENTION: Finally returning (slowly) after a hiatus. I'd rather not talk about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Those who post with ponies become ponies themselves.
    And if you stare too long into Equestria, Equestria stares into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato and Aldurin
    Free action is infinite attacks a round isn't it?

You're right, it's too weak.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, and he's against Roxanne. A Rock trainer like one of our opponents. Will be nice to see her real team. Might get an idea for fighting Roark and," he looks at the screen again. "May. Hm, wonder if it's Birch's girl or a different one..." He finds seats near the battle.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding at Norman, Aidan turns to look at the pairings for the first round. "Hmm... Jasmine and Tim. To be honest, I've never heard of either of them - a shame it's not one of the Sinnoh Gym Leaders. Still, given that they made it this far, I'm sure there will be plenty of information I can find on both of them with a bit of work. I'll see what I can find out about them... assuming they won't be at any serious disadvantage, though, I expect to be using Ibuki, Mordayn and Tarvik, so go ahead and plan accordingly. I'll give you a heads up if there's going to be any real changes. For now, though, I'll see what I can pick up about them before my match."

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Feature: Did the Homework. Targets are Jasmine, Tim, Jasmine's Gym, Jasmine's Most-Used Pokemon, Tim's Most-Used Pokemon.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jachi had migrated over to the general area Aidan was due to his monopoly on free electrical outlets and couldn't help but overhear. "You say you're from Sinnoh? I'm going up against a Gym Leader from there, goes by Fantina. You wouldn't happen to know anything about her would you? I'm sure I could recall some facts about Olivine City's Jasmine for you..." He slyly mentioned, glancing at him while his fingers danced over his keyboard.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Emi ponders a bit then suggests, "You handle defense then if you can. Then I'll deal with offense. If you can keep them from hitting me long enough, we should be fine." The 11 yr old retrieves her umbrella while heading outside to look for a seat still blathering on carelessly about her strategy. "I don't know who the guy is, but Whitney is known to use normal types right? Garnet will work nicely for that." She darts off, with the umbrella and it's massively reinforced metal spinning on her shoulder.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Blinking, Aiden looks over at the man that approached him, and listens to his offer before nodding. "From Orre, actually, but Sinnoh's the only organized League I've been in. Aidan Lucerne, a pleasure to meet you." Aidan extends his hand to the other trainer, politely, as he continues. "As for Fantina, yes, I remember her. She specializes in Ghost types... when I fought her, she used a Duskull, Haunter, and Mismagius, but I know she's also got a Drifblim and a Gengar that she rotates in and out. She tends to use afflicting attacks quite a bit, such as Confuse Ray and Will-O-Wisp."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Emilia reaches the front row of the stands where the seats for competitors are sectioned off right as the Arcanine collides with the Drifblim in a blaze of fire. She cheers right along with everyone else before peering at the others seated or standing around the competitor area.

The 11yr old introduces herself to whomever cares to listen, "Hi, I'm Emi, are you guys all battling here?" She looks on with wide amber eyes as she plops herself down in a seat and begins to swing her legs without a care in the world.
    Last edited by Haika; 2012-05-22 at 10:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Noticing the 11 year old introducing herself, he slowly wandered to her position. His black jacket flapped in the wind, making him look dramatic. This sense of drama was kind of ruined by the fact he didn't seem to know what he was doing.
    "Hi Emi. I think this is were we sit... Maybe... But anyway, I'm Jacob."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jachi nodded, thinking about Jasmine. "When I fought her, not that long ago maybe four years, she used Steel Type Pokemon. If she doesn't have her Steelix with her I'll eat my camera. Her strategy is fairly straightforward, she has powerfully defensive Pokemon with beasly attack. She most likely has a speedster in there, but I would bet a majority of her team is on the slow side."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hi Jacob." Perceptive types might notice she suddenly sits on her hands, with the umbrella in her lap for some reason. "Yeah, the sign over there says for compete- competi- that word for being in the tournament should sit here. We don't even need a ticket!" The dark skinned girl rocks back and forth in her seat looking over Jacob while also trying to keep her attention on the battle going on in the arena. "That's a neat looking cape. So you are battling here too? Do you have a prediction for this battle? Do you know anyone else battling?" She fires out a quick stream of questions that seem to float around her as much as her braided green hair is doing because of her constant head turning.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

The teen chuckled.
    "Its not a cape, simply an awesome jacket. I would like a cape though... Would have to watch out for fans though... And yep, I'm a competitor. Can't wait to battle."

The vampiric boy then turned his head to the arena, but continued to talk to the little girl.

"I hope that old man wins. He has style, and since he's old that makes him badass. I want to battle him.... And sadly I don't know many of my opponents. I'm not good with remembering famous people or faces or names...
    I'm from Hoenn and I'm pretty sure most people here are from Johto and Kanto..... So where are you from?"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'm from a village called Jeovia." Emi pauses a bit as a look of concentration crosses her face, "It's probably closest to Unova as a region goes. But I like to travel." She jumps from her seat and cheers at a particularly effective move from the arena before plopping down again. "I've fought lots of gym leaders before I was invited here, from lots of regions. Some were easier to beat than others, but I took most of em down." She puffs her cheeks a bit in a pout, "Even if Drayden says I beat Iris because she was an apprentice leader, I'd beat him too, I know it."
    Last edited by Haika; 2012-05-22 at 07:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

Yet again the teen smirked.
    "If your here then you can probably beat all the gym leaders. The challenge will be the hostile environments, quick thinking, and uncertainty. Those are a warrirors allies. Even without a strategy a warrior can succeed if he's imaginative and is smart. Sturdy allowed spheroid to survive giving him a chance to attack with all his power without care of danger. A good strategy, ruined by quick thinking.

I don't bother with strategy. And making it up is so much more fun."

Jacob's voice was cold and logical for most of his monologue, returning to normal with the last line.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-05-22 at 09:08 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jachi paused from his research to smile at the match. "Ah, Protect. Me and Protect are old friends, it's good to see it again, particularly such a timely one." He commented.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Emilita stands up and leans out over the railing as Jacob talked about strategy. "Sturdy eh... " She giggles a bit then turns to the teenager talking to her, "So you're a warrior? Want to arm wrestle?" The young trainer tilts her head a bit and scratches her chin, "All the warriors back home arm wrestled. It took me ages to start winning."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

"Arm wrestling?" Jacob knelled down, rolling up his jacket sleeves. You could see that his arms were amazingly thin and pale.
    "Sure. why not?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Alana finally manages to break away from the creepy man Crasher Wake. Seriously, who goes around half naked and in a gimp mask? She was surrounded by nothing but perverts who wanted to take advantage of her.

She finally emerges on the viewing platform. She looks deathly pale, her knees are shaking and her eyes were red from crying. She took a seat. It was close enough that she didn't seem too anti-social that everyone else hated her, but far enough away that no-one should talk to her.

Just keep your head down Alana. The sooner you finish this the sooner you can go home to Lavander. Nice, safe, old, boring Lavander town.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Joining Jachi out in the stands with the other competitors, Aidan comments, "So she's a Steel-type specialist, eh? And favors a Steelix? Should be fun." And I'll definitely want to stick with my original plan... Ibuki, Tarvik and Mordayn should be ideal. Aidan thinks to himself before turning his attentions to the match and his research into his opponents.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

"Uhh.." The dark skinned trainer's face flashes a bit of worry when she sees the tiny arm the teen is sporting. "Are you sure? I know all about pink muscle and all that, but you /really/ don't look like the type. I don't want to hurt you." Emi seems to be totally serious for once as she says this.
    Spoiler
    Show