New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

T-50-2 is becoming much more profitable now that I have it maxed out, sans the radio. Had a game last night where I killed a tier six and seven spg, sped through their base for a while lighting everything up for arty getting quite a bit of exp from friendlies killing things before escaping back to friendly territory to chase the enemy T-50-2 suffering nothing more than a damaged (Yellow) track.

Tracked and finished off the enemy T-50-2 before utilizing my binocs and camo net to pull some passive scouting duty near the lighthouse hill. Lit up an E-75 long enough for arty to do terrible things to it before spotting a lone Tiger.

I circled the Tiger to death, soloing the poor guy. You could tell he was REALLY frustrated there towards the end, dying the death of a thousand cuts.
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

I hate you right now Psilon...merely for the fact that your that T-50-2 driver hate/fear. I will drop the entire attack plan to chase/kill a T-50-2 in my Tiger II....I HATTEEEESSSSS THEM!
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

3. - Top - End - #303

I've noticed this and have used it to my advantage. I can divert an entire attack force away from their objective simply by letting them see me and running off. It can be both amusing and frustrating, depending on the situation.

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah. It's amazing how people lose all sense of target priority when a tier 5 light comes zipping by. I have clutch braking on my Chaffee and drive it like I stole it; against people autoaiming at me (which is a lot of people in pubs) I can run them around wasting ammo all match, and even good manual aimers have trouble. And they will all try, even when there's a mass of heavies staring them in the face.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

5. - Top - End - #305

I'm tempted to train my driver for clutch driving, but right now I feel as if the best course of action is training camo seeing as how I'm pretty squishy and lights retain all their camo bonuses even while on the move. Already taking a bit of a hit to my camo rating by training my gunner to be more accurate whilst hauling ass.

6. - Top - End - #306

Train the rest of the crew in Cammo and give the driver the braking
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #307

the thing is if you ignore that T-50-2 or any other decent scout in your midst EVERYONE is getting the info from them and the opposing team is getting free shots anyway.

One scout left alone equals death from unseen enemies for the opposing team.

I have 93% clutch breaking on my Lowe and the amount of scouts or lights that I surprised when my Lowe turns a lot faster then they expect is quite substantial.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Getting a shot on T-50-2 is well worth losing a game and few tens of thousands of credits.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Sometimes this game gets rather annoying. On Sunday I went from +5 wins to -8 wins, so a run of about 8 wins to 21 losses. So many games where nothing was going right. I even had quite a few games where I would do well and the team would still end up loosing.
    But I did manage a 7 win game with my T40 (think thats right, T4 US TDS).

10. - Top - End - #310

5 Battles just now on my SU-85 with a Total of 23 Kills (3 Wins / 2 Loss)
    Top Gun (7) & Defender in the last one as well as a Sniper in a earlier one.

Longest win streak that i have had is 11 games in a row with my Marder 2 (that was when i got my Invincible (7) award)
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

I managed to sneak home for a quick lunch and even went on a 3 battle win-streak with my Tiger 2.

I didn't do a whole lot on one other that occupy the other sides JagdTiger 8.8 and VK4502 in the middle on Mines. Cat and mouse because of no arty...got them and the French M4 Mod 45 or whatever to continue to focus on me and our VK4502 while everyone else swept the right side...it was nice.

The second game was on Artic bottom start. I hung back and sniped a T29 headed to left flank, while their team came around the bottleneck corner and got hurt fairly bad. We pushed left against their 2 T34, IS3, Tier 8 French tank and a T-44. I lumbered up and our IS-3 got taken out. The were in the arty shadow on the hill now and I stayed in the ditch leading to the flag. I bounced a few shot, they did to...mostly a stand off until I convinced the JagdPather to move up out of vision range and hit their flanks while I lit them up. That worked and we took out the T-44 and French Tier 8.

I moved forward to Dragon's teeth and a depression their and he moved to flag circle. I lit up the IS-3 and after bouncing one off the glacis, the JgPanther hit and then I did knocking him out. That left a T34 on the far side of the map out of position for our win.

Nice games and I played good for a change.

12. - Top - End - #312

Came across a twin Ferdy platoon late-game on Widepark in that little devil, the T-50-2. Both teams were heavily depleted, my team consisting of me (Obviously), an E-75 and some random tier seven arty. Enemy team had the two ferdinands and a KV-4, no arty (Guess who killed them? bwahahaha).

Started harassing the ferdies, penning their flimsy backs and sides while dancing around them and using buildings for cover when I needed to change direction to keep from being sighted on and blammed while the mostly dead E-75 is on the other side of the map playing with the enemy heavy. I ended up getting the arty support, arty mostly taking shots at the one I had been ignoring for the most part. For something upwards of a minute this goes on until the E-75 goes down at about the same time I finish off my Ferdie.

The other Ferdie is heavily damaged from being smacked around by arty splash damage (I never saw a direct hit) and I start circling him for a bit, taking him down to about 12% before arty finished him off.

I go and try and track down the KV-4 so arty could do him in too when he waddles into our base and puts a shell into arty, finishing him off. He was like 18 hitpoints at this point.

"Leerooooy.....!" goes into allchat before I charge into our base from behind, bouncing a shell off of his butt before ramming his ass going 70, finishing him off.
    Kamikaze T-50-2?
    Kamikaze T-50-2.

Need controlled impact and spall-liner on this thing. Gonna have to see if I can start ramming arty to death... Bwahahahaha.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

THIS...this is why I will stop and kill a T-50-2 at any opportunity....and why I must get one.

14. - Top - End - #314

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzac View Post
    THIS...this is why I will stop and kill a T-50-2 at any opportunity....
    This is why you need to kill every T-50, don't give them chance to grow!

15. - Top - End - #315

See Team Scout.

Spoiler
    Show

Team Scout Vroom Vroom!

(Guess what happens!)

Spoiler
    Show

Yup, we win.

It's like they kicked a hornet nest. So great.

*ahem*
    Pardon my recent scout lust, ladies and gentlemen.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Speaking of scouts, in my Chaffee I was in probably the highest power game I've ever been in (only do public matches).

On each side: 4 tier 10 tanks, 5 tier 9 tanks/TDs, 5 Tier 8 SPGs, and 1 scout (T-50-2 on the other side). This was on Live Oaks. Unfortunately, as I'm zipping around the mid field area trying to spot their advance, an arty shell tracks me, and one of their heavies finishes me off, so a short game for me.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Colossus in the Playground

Tank slots were on sale so up to 30 tank slots now; finally time to start unlocking some stuff! This'll be fun - already up to AMX 12t & S-51, now working on Chaffee & T-50-2, while also rebuying BT-2, MS-1 and Marder II
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

18. - Top - End - #318

I have been in a game that was ...horrifying.

My side lowest tier tank was my tier 8 Lowe and I was the only one...

8 tier 10, 5 Batchats...and a tier 9 TD (JTiger)....

Versus

9 tier 10 (including 4 Maus!), 4 tier 9 and a Batchat plus...a Leopard...

That scout must have felt happy...

Heck, I just switched to HE from the start and rolled back and sniped from as far away as possible :).

Got myself a Batchat and E-50 but then ran into 3 IS-4...alone...

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Yikes, that would be disheartening...although it sounds like you did pretty good for yourself.

20. - Top - End - #320

Kinda, I had a spotter who was a E100 who got jumped by the batchat and the E50 on opposing team.

I peeled them of it and killed them for him with HE to the back of them while they were circling the poor E100.

Then I turned around as mini map howed me enemies just appearing next to me...
    Three IS4...

I got one shell off and torched one of them for about 60% of his life but then they all fired together...

I swear my Lowe was hit so hard I was moved 5 feet sideways.

21. - Top - End - #321

So yeah, approaching the dreadful M5 grind for Chaffee. Not looking forward to it. On the flipside, low tier progress is so very fast.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    So yeah, approaching the dreadful M5 grind for Chaffee. Not looking forward to it. On the flipside, low tier progress is so very fast.
    What dreadful M5 grind? M5 is a great tank. Mount the derp and rack up Reaper awards.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    What dreadful M5 grind? M5 is a great tank. Mount the derp and rack up Reaper awards.
    55000 is a lot of XP to get on a tier 4 vehicle tho
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-07-26 at 05:26 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324

RogueGuy

Good news chaps! I finally got myself a new computer, thus I will actually be able to play this game without a lamentable framerate.

See you all on the fields of battle!
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Well its about time there was a special I could actually take advantage of. Every other special to date has either been for tanks I'll never reach before the special is over, tanks I already have, or really cheap tanks I've already elited.

But not this time, I'll be able to get a panther within a few matches.... at least in terms of experience... it looks like I might still be a bit short on coins... might have to sell some things to get there.

26. - Top - End - #326

That was the worst player i have seen for a long time.
    Sigfried Line Encounter: There was a Churchill that i noticed was still sitting out in the field as i left it having decided that everything else was in the town, Went in and stopped the M4 and T14 capping then bagged a Marder but got taken out by a Grille in TD mode (invistank...)

The Churchill slowly made its ponderous way into town and was obviously using auto aim as the turret was tracking the Grille through the building and they kept shooting despite the building being solid then it inched forward and backward. The Grille tried to splash it but missed and even then the Churchill still sat there not doing anything - all it had to do was roll forwards and put 2-3 rounds into the reloading arty. It wasn't until our SU-26 (who was out of Ammo) came rolling in and rammed the Grille did the Heavy even move out of cover.

It was practically unhurt this entire time - had lost 2% somewhere early on
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-07-27 at 01:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #327

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    That was the worst player i have seen for a long time.
    Your description fits that of a bot. They usually wake up in mid or late game and fire using auto aim, even when they don't have los.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Your description fits that of a bot. They usually wake up in mid or late game and fire using auto aim, even when they don't have los.
    Is there a more detailed description of bot behaviour in WoT? I'd like to think that a script is responsible for such poor play rather than somebody being a complete and utter idiot (optimistic I know).

29. - Top - End - #329

Never underestimate human stupidity. Even less if we're talking about WoT.

This game attracts lobotomized people like a lamp attracts flies.
    Wait, what signature?

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

Yay for depot money. Though about it and decided to check my depot and see how much stuff I had to sell in there.... had about 700k worth, so now I've easily got enough to pick up the cheap panther and wolverine. Too bad I'm no where near getting the Tiger yet... want to get that at some point.