New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

I have a new Distance kill record: 685m with the Marder - Nailed a SU-18 at the other end of Karelia
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Isn't that outside draw distance?
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground

Draw distance is 715m if I remember it right.
    Last edited by Maxymiuk; 2012-09-19 at 03:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #574

OldWizardGuy

Not to rain in your parade, but...this guy is good.
    Last edited by darksolitaire; 2012-09-19 at 03:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #575

He's not good, he's incredibly lucky and in all likelihood, a hacker.

You could spend two minutes shooting at a visible, stationary target at ranges like that with that gun and not hit anything.

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

6. - Top - End - #576

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Not to rain in your parade, but...this guy is good.
    Not good lucky - any extreme range shot is and with the 152mm even more so. My longest confirmed hit with the 152mm is 625m into a Very large (KV-5) Target
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #577

Best shot for me has been mere 658 meters with my Lowe...

Sadly enough I hit one of my own team and ammo-racked him ...

After overshooting a target 5 meters away (can you call bouncing a shot from the center of the side of a turret an overshot?) that was standing still while I zoomed in and aimed to smallest target .

T-50-2 turret versus Lowe gun equals three bounces and one glance.

Several team members were shouting hacker to the T-5--2 driver as they were looking from my view point and they saw the impact points...

Side of a T-50-2 turret and it bpunced from the center of the turret.
    I even send the footage to the T-50-2 player when he started hurling insults at me saying I was just incompetent...
    His response was the same as mine...

WTF!!!

How did that bounce?

The game sometimes just likes to keep us on our toes by doing impossibe things due to server lag or god knows what.

8. - Top - End - #578

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by psilontech View Post
    He's not good, he's incredibly lucky and in all likelihood, a hacker.
    It's really about skill with this guy. His current global rating place is 226.

And why do people talk about hacking? You would need to hack server side, because WoT performs all calculation there. And if you are hacking WoT servers, in all likehood that's going to involve stealing account information or something rather then making KV's derp gun more accurate.

Has everyone WoTed for Golden Joystick? That's pretty sweet special they're putting up if they win. Playing dirty, but it got my vote. http://worldoftanks.eu/news/3723-rol...ystick-awards/

Last year they lost and decided to put a special anyway.

9. - Top - End - #579

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    It's really about skill with this guy. His current global rating place is 226.
    Skill will take you so far - with a Accuracy 0.60 Gun (the 3rd least accurate gun in the game - with the top spot being Tied for by Biggest Arty gun and a T1 Flak gun and 2nd place being a T2 76mm) Luck plays a big role in long range shots - Even with very accurate German guns you'll see long range shots hit the ground or fire over the target.
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-09-21 at 12:29 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #580
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

30k left to get the E-75 and I just don't care at all right now. I can't seem to muster up the give a crap to start WoT right now.

I want to get the tank researched so if they put it at half price I can just buy it, but uuughh I just can't stand playing right now.

Any ideas?
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

11. - Top - End - #581

/shrug

If you don't feel like playing then there isn't any point in it. It's a game, for funsies time and the like.

I haven't been able to bring myself to play in a few days from being exhausted from work.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ettin in the Playground

Just got Ace Tanker for my T28 Prot, almost by accident.

Spoiler
    Show
    Live Oaks, Northern team, Tier VII-IX match. Was actually heading to the town when I noticed the southern passage/bridge was only covered by a M103, E-50 and a Panther. By the time I got into position, the three were already reduced to smoking wrecks by an IS-8, M103, T-43 and a pair of Type 59.

You'd think I'd be dead meat by then. But the T-43 and Type 59 got greedy and went off zipping after our arty hiding in the village, leaving me to blow up first the IS-8, then the M103 solo. By that time, one of my fellow T32 came back to help out with the Types, with me landing the finishing blow on all three. We then proceeded to mop up what remained of the enemy in the city team. All in all, an incredibly lucky match with plain greed dooming the opponent. If only they dealt with me earlier.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzac View Post
    I want to get the tank researched so if they put it at half price I can just buy it, but uuughh I just can't stand playing right now.
    Not sure if you are in NA or not... but I've never seen the discounts on any tanks above T7. So unless that is different where you are at then I wouldn't worry about it and just level it up when you do feel like playing.

14. - Top - End - #584

They will never discount anything above tier 8 unless they win at the Golden Joysticks.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

15. - Top - End - #585
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Yep, that's why I WANT to get ready for that...but just can't be arsed into actually sitting down and focusing on the XP
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

16. - Top - End - #586
    Colossus in the Playground

Wish the damn Tier 7s were on sale at some point so that I could actually start climbing tiers again
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

hehehe

just had a battle where i got double Kamikaze

...except it will only award that once per battle 8(
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

18. - Top - End - #588

I got the SU-8 recently, and I have to say that the rhythm of play is completely different than with earlier Russian SPG's. I'm learning all sorts of new things about patience, predicting movement, target prioritization and, most importantly, when to haul ass.

Those shells are damned expensive though...

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxymiuk View Post
    I got the SU-8 recently, and I have to say that the rhythm of play is completely different than with earlier Russian SPG's. I'm learning all sorts of new things about patience, predicting movement, target prioritization and, most importantly, when to haul ass.

Those shells are damned expensive though...
    Definitely is. When you go up to the SU-14, you'll have to do another round of adapting. (Primarily because your reload time is even longer, and the SU-14 is just plain sloth-like when on anything less than the 100% crew and upgraded engine.)

20. - Top - End - #590
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Definitely is. When you go up to the SU-14, you'll have to do another round of adapting. (Primarily because your reload time is even longer, and the SU-14 is just plain sloth-like when on anything less than the 100% crew and upgraded engine.)
    Its gun is like the Fist of God for its tier tho.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Its gun is like the Fist of God for its tier tho.
    The S-51 has the same gun, and is way more mobile.

That is not to say I don't love my SU-14, but the schoolbus is just a massive target to be popped.

The extra HP is handy for surviving counter battery fire though.

22. - Top - End - #592

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    The extra HP is handy for surviving counter battery fire though.
    Very true. It's also closed top, meaning less damage from splash and can equip ventilation.

Few weeks ago, I hit one on the side (30 armor) with my tier 5 french arty's he-shell (penetration 68-113, range or angle doesn't effect he penetration). Result was ~320 damage. It was a spotted target, had impact sound effect and ground didn't get hit marker so it was actually direct hit.

23. - Top - End - #593

Continuing Tradition of landmark games being horrid...

My 8000th over all and 600th on the Marder was a 1:15 loss (the team just fed its self one by one to the attackers on a Karliea Defense) I had hoped to be the one with at least a kill but i was denied that by RNG and left 3 tanks on low health (inc a shoebox on 1hp)
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

ok..hint...

if you ever find yourself on opposite team from me...get down to 30 something hp..you will be invulnerable to my shots

i am currently working a streak of 8 now 11 hits against people with 30-39 hp that are zero damage pens
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-09-24 at 01:45 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #595

Patch Eight deploying at around 1AM EST with the servers coming back online sometime Tomorrow morning!

Never going to have to suffer through another round of Assault. ~squee~

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

and i just had to put my computer in the shop this morning......

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #597

RogueGuy

RIP PzKpfw IV. You'll be greatly missed.

Suggestions on a replacement? I don't want to let a crew with two specializations go to waste.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

28. - Top - End - #598

I'm probably going to throw mine into the VK3601(H) and occasionally run it for credits or when VPG does Medium Companies.

29. - Top - End - #599

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    RIP PzKpfw IV. You'll be greatly missed.
    Good riddance to that Turret.

Whats sad is that the Marder is being nerfed again ~ Apparently the last wave of nerfs were not hard enough on it that its got to be even more difficult to aim and fire with compared to the others
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

30. - Top - End - #600

The patch has hit me with a severe performance hit.

Everything turned down as low is it will go, the top-left performance indicator informs me that I am getting 34 frames per second. My Mk. 1 eyeball, however, is reporting something along the lines of 4 frames per second with significant tank position jumps, making it VERY difficult to, you know, play the game. Ping is fine.

If this continues, I'm going to have to wait for the next patch to see if this is resolved. If it is a feature and not a bug then I guess I'm out forever.
    Last edited by psilontech; 2012-09-26 at 03:51 PM.