New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Ok, so who was the developer that had the bright idea of making 40mm autocannons with ~200 damage burst readily available for low tiers? And 70 alpha damage weapons?

So yeah, I've been playing British tanks.
    The problem is that, like aircraft of the era, the British tanks at low tiers are made of canvas stretched over wood, and so you can penetrate them by poking them with your finger.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

The POM POMs work better with only two shells fired and fired almost simutaneously. When watching through sniper mode you don't see the reticule jump and rise like you do with the Luchs type autocannon.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    The problem is that, like aircraft of the era, the British tanks at low tiers are made of canvas stretched over wood, and so you can penetrate them by poking them with your finger.
    Tell me about it. My Mk II keeps getting smashed by stray shots that's not even meant for me.

On the bright side, I rediscovered the Lulztraktor and autocannon and having tons of fun whipping all those fresh new Mk I into place.

4. - Top - End - #754

I'll just leave this here:

Victory!
    Battle: Malinovka Friday, November 02, 2012 5:37:54 PM
    Vehicle: T1 Cunningham
    Experience received: 5,055 (x5 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 13,533
    Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

"Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Niiiice.

I'm really liking the Mk1 as crazy as that sounds. I actually went ahead, bought it back and gave it a 75% crew.

Why do I like it so much? The BESA machinegun. It takes forever to reload, true, and the platform it's mounted on is garbage in most senses... But it's unusually accurate for a machinegun, does unusually high damage with 25mm average penetration (which against tier Is and IIs is more than plenty), and fires an absurd number of shots like any other machinegun.

The only downside really is the ammo capacity - it's surprisingly easy to blow through your stock if you're doing well; but even that's not too big an issue in my experience so far.

Also the A13 is proving better than I thought - I'm still having trouble with it against heavy tanks (then again it is a light, so what do I expect right?); but anything medium or lighter with the 40mm Bofors... it's pretty darn effective.

Oh, one other thing:

The A10 with it's derpgun is an absolute *monster* of a Tier III tank.

It does 375 damage and has 43 penetration - remember it's mounted on a Tier III platform, so your opposition isn't going to have 43 armor in many cases. I'll grant it's not the easiest gun to get on target, but when it hits you can threaten anything you'll face, and obliterate stuff your own tier, often in one shot.

I heard it referred to as the KV-2 of Tier 3, which isn't far from the truth really.

6. - Top - End - #756

I am loving this new tree release. The Mk1 has no armor whatsoever and is the size of a barn.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2012-11-02 at 07:49 PM.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

7. - Top - End - #757
    Colossus in the Playground

5x and free premium. Seems like the time to open up all the new lines. Also, had a game that woulda been a 10k win (got 1k XP from loss) with GwPanther if our derpteam (including full IS-3 and full E-75, me in my GwPanther and groz_nez in S-51) didn't lose to a 200hp Jagdtiger 8.8mm and two GwPanthers with all the combat tanks trying to cap on Sand River Encounter and dying to Jagdtiger spotting and the GwPanthers chewing them to bits while we have no targets to shoot at (try to shoot at the Jagdtiger but it's peaking from behind the hill so the shot is insanely precise and we just can't land it).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

8. - Top - End - #758

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    5x and free premium. Seems like the time to open up all the new lines. Also, had a game that woulda been a 10k win (got 1k XP from loss) with GwPanther if our derpteam (including full IS-3 and full E-75, me in my GwPanther and groz_nez in S-51) didn't lose to a 200hp Jagdtiger 8.8mm and two GwPanthers with all the combat tanks trying to cap on Sand River Encounter and dying to Jagdtiger spotting and the GwPanthers chewing them to bits while we have no targets to shoot at (try to shoot at the Jagdtiger but it's peaking from behind the hill so the shot is insanely precise and we just can't land it).
    Could try counterbattery.

9. - Top - End - #759

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Could try counterbattery.
    Yeah, but Sand River encounter is one of those maps where there's a huge spread of possible arty locations especially with most of the tanks dead in a lategame situation so it was really a crapshot.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

finally got my computer up and running(mostly anyway..it bluescreens if i try to use firefox for some reason..so stuck using IE) after much to long

last time i was able to play was just before the physics patch..and now theres brits too..its like i am learning the game from scratch all over again

some quick thoughts......

do NOT like the new techtree setup but will probably get used to it

ANOTHER change to the way you pick chat channel? ARGH!!!! PICK ONE AND STAY WITH IT!

why you take away my "t" button? 8(
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-11-03 at 05:54 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    finally got my computer up and running(mostly anyway..it bluescreens if i try to use firefox for some reason..so stuck using IE) after much to long

last time i was able to play was just before the physics patch..and now theres brits too..its like i am learning the game from scratch all over again

some quick thoughts......

ANOTHER change to the way you pick chat channel? ARGH!!!! PICK ONE AND STAY WITH IT!

why you take away my "t" button? 8(
    It's now Z + F2.

I like the new arrangement of the techtree though. You can even click and research/buy on the same screen without accidentally doing the other.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    The A10 with it's derpgun is an absolute *monster* of a Tier III tank.

It does 375 damage and has 43 penetration - remember it's mounted on a Tier III platform, so your opposition isn't going to have 43 armor in many cases. I'll grant it's not the easiest gun to get on target, but when it hits you can threaten anything you'll face, and obliterate stuff your own tier, often in one shot.

I heard it referred to as the KV-2 of Tier 3, which isn't far from the truth really.
    ^True. If the mini-derp would actually hit sometimes it would be OP

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga
    Almost no-one likes the new techtrees. There were mods to change it back literally same evening the patch came.

I went and bought T32 seeing that my KT is steadily nearing elite status and I still need tier 8 to platoon with people. I'm sitting happily in ~400k credits and full garage of money eating high tiers. First game with T32 was fun, I had insane luck damaging Ferdinand frontally with 198 penetration gun several times.

AMX 50 120 might well be best stock tank I've played with. 232 penetration and good accuracy is enough to damage everything save some of those tier X TD's, and the potential 1800 damage from single burst is nothing to sneeze at. Time will tell how it turns out.
    Last edited by darksolitaire; 2012-11-03 at 07:42 AM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've just researched my E-75! Now I just need 1.6 million credits for it.
    Awesome avatar by Shades Of Gray!

I really need to find some new quotes to put here.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

So I just tried something a bit nuts... and to my surprise it's working. Mind you this is not something I recommend doing if you care about your cash flow, as it has a lot of potential to go very wrong >_>

Step 1: Have an A13 Covenanter and the top 40mm autocannon.
    Step 2: Load nothing but gold ammo. This is 400 credits per shot, or 800 per triggerpull since it's a doubletap gun.
    Step 3: Troll. The penetration is high enough with gold rounds that you can hurt anything you're likely to face, if not from the front than at least from the sides. It's a HUGE improvement over firing ordinary rounds.

Here's the nice part: As long as you're a decent shot and have Premium, you can get away with this and still have net positive income.

Ultimately the reason for doing this isn't money though (you won't make much even if you do well) - it's for XP. I was having immense difficulty damaging things in the Covenanter, and now it's a non-issue. I KO'd a PzIII/IV in my last round!

*It's 400 per shot, and you're doubletapping in this thing, so 800 per trigger pull. It's an autocannon so it gets expensive fast if you aren't accurate.

15. - Top - End - #765

*Bragging Post*
    Behold the power of a scout done right. ELC AMX platooned with Raltis (Panther II) and Renegade Paladin (M41) in a Tier X game on Malinovka.
    Damage upon spotting: 8,876. Experience(X5): 6,800.
    (The Damage upon spotting number is always a bit wonky, seems significantly less than it should for some of the tanks.)

Spoiler
    Show

Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

16. - Top - End - #766

RogueGuy

I'm still amazed you got away with that, let alone that I survived the match.

I have my own bragging screenshots to post when I'm done with work. Namely, my 10 kill, Steel Wall, Sniper, Kolobanov, Ace tanker Sherman match.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

17. - Top - End - #767

Flumph

It can help to mix up your business from time to time though.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there something special you have to do to be able to buy British tanks?

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    Is there something special you have to do to be able to buy British tanks?
    Upgrade the game. The British tank tree is live as of 8.1 released a couple days ago, so you'll get the Tier 1 starter tank automatically along with a new garage slot for it.
    Last edited by Jimorian; 2012-11-03 at 05:45 PM.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

20. - Top - End - #770

RogueGuy

The aforementioned screencaps of my highest kill total in a match ever:

Spoiler
    Show

R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post
    Upgrade the game. The British tank tree is live as of 8.1 released a couple days ago, so you'll get the Tier 1 starter tank automatically along with a new garage slot for it.
    Odd. I didn't seem to have it, but if I did that would explain the problem.

22. - Top - End - #772

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    Odd. I didn't seem to have it, but if I did that would explain the problem.
    You can also just buy it. First tier tanks are automatically available, and free. Provided you have a free slot.

23. - Top - End - #773

Well, the E-75 is a monster. In the good way. Holy crap this tank is fun. It manages to somehow be more mobile than the Tiger II, better armoured, and has a big **** off gun to top it off. I love it.

24. - Top - End - #774

Got my Su-100s Ace with a 9k Experience win in a T8 Battle (also received Sniper)
    And my Daily Win on KV-1 was also a 9ker (7 kill TG, Sniper and Steel Wall)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #775

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Got my Su-100s Ace with a 9k Experience win in a T8 Battle (also received Sniper)
    And my Daily Win on KV-1 was also a 9ker (7 kill TG, Sniper and Steel Wall)
    Very nice! Sorry I wasn't on tanks earlier - didn't realise I'd left it open.

26. - Top - End - #776

No Problem - i kinda figured that was what had happened.

New Medal Sighted: De Lagland's - Awarded to the player who destroys four or more enemy vehicles that were in the process of capturing the player's base.

And another Top Gun & Defender for my Su-26

Had some light tank whining that i was supposed to shoot at what ever he found before he Asloplded ~ After the battle was pretty much won i directed him to look at my Stats and be aware that i know very much how to operate my Lil Arty and don't value his thoughts.
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-11-04 at 09:22 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #777

They've ended the special on gold ammo a full day before the rest of the Golden Joystick event.

28. - Top - End - #778

That was part of the Halloween event
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    New Medal Sighted: De Lagland's - Awarded to the player who destroys four or more enemy vehicles that were in the process of capturing the player's base.
    interesting
    i also saw an award for a teammate called.. tour of duty? patrol tour?
    but dont know how its awarded
    my guess destroy a vehicle from each country in same battle?
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-11-04 at 11:11 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #780

Patrol Duty - Awarded for spotting and having enemy tanks be damaged by friendlies that would not have otherwise have seen them. I think it's six or eight tanks that are required for the badge.

In other news, non-gold premium rounds being fed into pub servers are really, really getting under my skin. A T34 damn near solo'd me in my M103 thanks to him being able to get shells through the toughest part of my 200+ hull armor and my gun mantlet, repeatedly taking out my engine and gun.
    I wasn't even aware that the M103s engine was immediately behind that slab of armor because almost nothing ever penetrates it.

I asked him after I was dead and he confirmed that he used nothing but 'gold' shells against me.

I still have premium and the vast, vast majority of my X5 games for the day left and I can't bring myself to boot the game back up because I'm being such a baby about it.
    Last edited by psilontech; 2012-11-04 at 12:53 PM.
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal