New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    The problem that I have with the Jagdtiger 88 is that it carries the same 88 that every German tank from t7-9 uses at some point. Having played through two of the four trees that utilize it, I'm not particularly inclined to go back to it. Especially since its in a barely mobile tank with no turret, and thus can't flank very well.

Also, one of my friends mentioned that I get a 100% crew with my premium tank. True or untrue?
    Nope. You have to top up the costs of a 100% crew.

To be fair, I don't play the German lines, so using the 88 was a refreshing breath of air for me.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Also, one of my friends mentioned that I get a 100% crew with my premium tank. True or untrue?
    I think it depends, the normal gold purchased premium tanks come with the standard 50% crew, but I think the majority of the gift shop/special bundle purchases come with 100% crew as part of the package.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Premiums can use crews from other tanks of the similar type without the crew needing to be trained to it. For example, Tiger crew can go into Löwe without problems. Thus premiums have secondary use in crew training.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Colossus in the Playground

Huh. Found a medal I hadn't seen before. Killed a KV-1S and a JgPzIV in my trusty Matilda (this thing is really growing on me now; 121mm penetration, 75mm armor on all sides, 340 view range, all the good stuff) among other things and got Lehväslaiho's Medal; destroying 2 enemy vehicles 2+ tiers higher than you in a medium tank. Amusingly, my first medal named after a Finnish person too.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-11-20 at 01:30 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of odd medals, I was checking my service record and I somehow picked up a Kolobanov's Medal, which is standing alone versus 5 enemy tanks and winning.

In a Grille.

I think it was a capping victory, but I have no idea how I ended up all the way over there in one piece in a SPG...

6. - Top - End - #876
    Barbarian in the Playground

The problem that I have with the Jagdtiger 88 is that it carries the same 88 that every German tank from t7-9 uses at some point. Having played through two of the four trees that utilize it, I'm not particularly inclined to go back to it. Especially since its in a barely mobile tank with no turret, and thus can't flank very well.

I have played the Jtigger light and it is quite nasty, rapid firing, accurate and with a tough tank if...and only IF...you can get the lower glacis protected.

The rate of fire on it is very nice and that is what makes it nasty.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ettin in the Playground

So I'm trying to decide which T8 to get first, as I've elited out the majority of my T7s and I don't have the credits to get more then 1, especially by the time I buy equipment for it as well. And with garage slots and equipment on sale for Thanksgiving I was thinking now was the time to get one.
    The T7s I have elited are: Tiger and Panther, with the JagdPanther being very close to have at least 1 of the T8s unlocked (have to decide which to get first). The T20 and AMX 13 75 are also both very close to being finished.

Of course I could also look at some more T7s because I've heard making credits just gets progressively worse with higher tiers and T7 can already be hit or miss on earning versus loosing credits. The T-150, KV-1S, M18 Hellcat and M41 (well T5, but is arty so counts as 1 up) are all elited (or close enough) so I could go with any of their following tanks.

Other question would be which pieces of equipment go best with whichever vehicle you recommend.

And since I'm sure it will come up, I kind of like all of the previous tanks, some have much better win percentages then the others, but I couldn't really say I like one a lot more then another. I've had my best games in my Tiger (followed by the KV-1S) but I think the Tiger has the lowest win percentages out of those vehicles too. And I've got somewhere around 20k free exp to use if one of the tanks needs a couple early upgrades to be playable.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Firbolg in the Playground

My S-51 earned its first Fadin's Medal

You'd think that when you only have 12 shells i'd have a few more but that was only the second game in 359 Battles that i have run out of Shells in it
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    My S-51 earned its first Fadin's Medal

You'd think that when you only have 12 shells i'd have a few more but that was only the second game in 359 Battles that i have run out of Shells in it
    The fact that the reload is around 40-50 seconds probably had something to do with that.

10. - Top - End - #880

Flumph

Victory!
    Battle: Arctic Region 22 November 2012 21:22:17
    Vehicle: Matilda
    Experience received: 966
    Credits received: 18,911
    Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker

Now why can't I make it do that more often?

Oh, right, the great big magnets in the hull that guide enemy artillery into your engine deck and kill you.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2012-11-22 at 04:31 PM.

11. - Top - End - #881

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    The fact that the reload is around 40-50 seconds probably had something to do with that.
    43 Seconds

I think its more down to not lasting long enough most times due to something breaking lines and being hunted down or seen and swatted before you can escape.

In this battle i think my Kill of the E-100 was the turning point as it was holding the middle of the map up and our tanks that were left being unwilling to have to be to one to winkle it out from behind the rocks so i moved up onto the island and put a shot into it as it moved between rocks
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-11-22 at 07:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    43 Seconds

I think its more down to not lasting long enough most times due to something breaking lines and being hunted down or seen and swatted before you can escape.

In this battle i think my Kill of the E-100 was the turning point as it was holding the middle of the map up and our tanks that were left being unwilling to have to be to one to winkle it out from behind the rocks so i moved up onto the island and put a shot into it as it moved between rocks
    Heh, even accounting for continuous firing (and no aimtime added!), you'll only run out of ammo in... (12 x 43 seconds) 8.6 minutes. Which would not happen in a proper game and you're very unlikely to be spending a whole 10/15 minutes of a game shooting anyway.

Seriously. 40 shells on the Obj 212 is just overkill. I don't even get to spend half of it.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Seriously. 40 shells on the Obj 212 is just overkill. I don't even get to spend half of it.
    Given the cost per shell, would you WANT to???
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

14. - Top - End - #884

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Victory!
    Battle: Arctic Region 22 November 2012 21:22:17
    Vehicle: Matilda
    Experience received: 966
    Credits received: 18,911
    Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker
    I've had like 4 800+ XP games out of ~15 and I still haven't gotten Ace Tanker or a single Top Gun (couple of Confederates, Snipers, Lehvälaiho's Medal and Steel Wall tho). I'm jealous.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post
    Given the cost per shell, would you WANT to???
    If every shell hits? Why not?

16. - Top - End - #886

If every shell hits? Why not?
    I think you could break 100k gold earned that way, fairly easily.

17. - Top - End - #887

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I've had like 4 800+ XP games out of ~15 and I still haven't gotten Ace Tanker or a single Top Gun (couple of Confederates, Snipers, Lehvälaiho's Medal and Steel Wall tho). I'm jealous.
    I've broken 1k in the Matilda now, in tier 4 games you can do a decent doomtrundle, bouncing everything that gets thrown at you and machine gunning everyone who shows their face.

It's still a bit puny at higher tiers, mind, although you can do a reasonable amount of damage to heavies due to penetration and fire rate they'll splat you back. Still, over 60% winrate after ~45 battles.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    I've broken 1k in the Matilda now, in tier 4 games you can do a decent doomtrundle, bouncing everything that gets thrown at you and machine gunning everyone who shows their face.

It's still a bit puny at higher tiers, mind, although you can do a reasonable amount of damage to heavies due to penetration and fire rate they'll splat you back. Still, over 60% winrate after ~45 battles.
    Amusingly enough, the only time I broke 1k was in a Tier VI-capped battle where I machine-gunned everyone in sight without being retaliated on, due to the presence of heavier tanks taking their attention. Same match I earned my Ace Tanker.

I don't do so well in Tier IV capped battles. Mainly because every artillery on the map comes looking for me.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Amusingly enough, the only time I broke 1k was in a Tier VI-capped battle where I machine-gunned everyone in sight without being retaliated on, due to the presence of heavier tanks taking their attention. Same match I earned my Ace Tanker.

I don't do so well in Tier IV capped battles. Mainly because every artillery on the map comes looking for me.
    isnt Matilda tier 5? how do you get it in to a tier 4 capped battle?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    isnt Matilda tier 5? how do you get it in to a tier 4 capped battle?
    You're thinking of the premium Matilda (aka LL Matilda).

The Matilda Junior is Tier IV, and Churchill I is Tier V.

21. - Top - End - #891

OldWizardGuy

This. And most of the time that artillery is SU-26. With player that has few thousand games, hundreds of them in SU-26.

22. - Top - End - #892

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    This. And most of the time that artillery is SU-26. With player that has few thousand games, hundreds of them in SU-26.
    It's the most annoying thing ever, especially since Matilda can't climb hills. At all. You're literally a sitting duck if you're detected in the open.

23. - Top - End - #893

I was lagging really bad in the match which lead to some interesting game play and then this while watching Yana
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #894

RogueGuy

Had an amusing moment in a Dragon Ridge match the other day in my VK 3002 (DB). As I was headed up to the town with my friends in their T20s, we had a T-50 go roaring off in front of us trying to get downhill. He avoided the salvo that we hastily launched in his direction, but in his haste to weave, he ended up going down the part of the hill that devolves into rice paddies. His tank caught some air before landing on the second paddy and tracking himself. Now, had I been in a T20, I could have used my gun depression to hit and finish him off, but German tanks don't have that luxury. So my decision?

I go full "Dukes of Hazzard" on the poor guy and I flattened his tank beneath mine. Afterward, we both agreed that it was a suitably awesome action.

In other news, I decided to purchase the Lowe and I haven't been disappointed by it so far. It plays more or less like every other high tier German heavy that I've been working with for over a year now, but with the added benefit of actually making me money in addition to acting as a surrogate home to my E-75 crew. At this rate, I may just recruit another Kraut heavy crew and work on them so I can keep my E-75 and still have a decent crew waiting to go for my eventual E-100.

Also decided to pick up the Jagdpanzer IV and haven't been too pleased with the result thus far. The thing has no alpha and can't take a hit to save its life. And the Jagdpanther doesn't look to be much better seeing as it'll start out with the 88/56 at best unless I manage to scrape together the free xp to get the 88/71 by the time I reach the xp I need to get the Jagdpanther researched. Still, I'll at least have all of the other upgrades to the tank sans the tracks and guns preresearched from my almost two years in the German Heavy line.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

25. - Top - End - #895

I bought a Lowe as part of the sale, it plays like a Tiger H very much (i bought it without crew as my gold reserves by then had run out) So indeed its playing even more like a Tiger H as that's where its current crew normally live

Took the JPanther out for a spin (with 80% crew ~ The 3 Marder Crew wanted to see what the new ride was like and press ganged 2 Pz4 crew into being TD crew)

1st battle was a Dumb team on Himmelsdorf: over half the team was faffing about in the rail yards while the rest of us tried to stop the major push from alley and Hill vainly
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-11-25 at 10:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

I rolled awhile in my brother's Lowe and I agree completely. That said, that thing lights when a tank so much sniffs at its lower glacis. Like my Jagdtiger 8.8cm.

It displeases me.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sorta relevant but weird. On another forum, somebody posted a clip to an anime called "Girls Und Panzer" (might be other translations of the title out there, not sure), which from the 2 or 3 clips I've seen seems to be typical anime schoolgirls at some kind of tank camp. In this clip, they've given their tanks some interesting paint jobs. I definitely laughed at the pink M3 Lee.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post
    Sorta relevant but weird. On another forum, somebody posted a clip to an anime called "Girls Und Panzer" (might be other translations of the title out there, not sure), which from the 2 or 3 clips I've seen seems to be typical anime schoolgirls at some kind of tank camp. In this clip, they've given their tanks some interesting paint jobs. I definitely laughed at the pink M3 Lee.
    Yeaaaaaaah. I heard of that anime.

Unfortunately, I was also told it was bad. Like horribly boring kind of bad. So, as appealing as seeing schoolgirls rolling around in a PzIV might be, it's on my do-not-watch list.

(The MC apparently drives a PzIV, and teams up with a Pz38t, M3 Lee and StuG III against a team fielding M4 Shermans and apparently a (British) team fielding Matildas and Churchills.)

29. - Top - End - #899

Flumph

Who needs anime? World of Tanks has its own cartoons.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

And I'm really amazed that a game with a gameplay like this got so popular that it received two threads here :)