New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

My ISU-152 is the poster-child for Miss-clicks.
    It was unlocked with a misinterpretation of what was actually available and it just received its BL-10 tonight after i miss-clicked on the convert gold button and spent 4k of gold.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #1112

Flumph

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    But then, KV-1 is placed one tier lower.

But yes, that may be the case. Bad players driving good tanks.
    Yes, but having the same armour a tier lower is not the same as having better armour, since there's still a whole four tiers of vehicles that both will meet, and so playing with and against them has to account for the capabilities of those vehicles.

If you get in your KV-1 and think "aha, my armour is better than that KV-1S next door" then you're going to get blammed.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    Chi Ha is actually pretty good I'll add

*Historically most Japanese tanks were pretty crappy; but I've heard some of their drawing board designs were not so at all, quite the opposite. So I'm curious to see how that tree shapes up. Plus unlike the Chinese tree, the Japanese tree is almost certain to be primarily home-grown designs instead of a hodge-podge of loners and modifications that makes the Chinese tree largely unappealing to me.
    i actually like the tier2 china tank...surprisingly with the 20mm instead of the pompom(not too surprising..i actually prefer sniping to getting up close and personal)

and yeah..the chinese tech tree is full of dead ends
    such as both upgraded radios on chi-ha being useable only on chi-ha
    and repeat same thing on m5a1
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

View range is OP in low tiers. View range and accuracy. Accuracy and view range. View range, accuracy and camouflage.

I'm now trying to get ace tankers in the low tier Chinese before I sell them, and man, it's dog-eat-dog out there. Forget the tier 10 games when you get nuked the moment you come out of hiding. Here you'll get spotted when you're hiding and immediately 5 stat paddlers nuke you down from half way across the map with their tweaked monstrosities.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Barbarian in the Playground

Seems the UE server just had a hiccup and kicked me clean out of the game. Anything going on over your side guys/girls?

6. - Top - End - #1116

Flumph

Same happened to me, trying to reconnect says its full. Forums are crapping out as well.

EU cluster has been running near capacity for a while, I reckon all the christmas starters have overloaded it, especially on a saturday night where everyone's favourite derptank is on a special. (Seriously, you thought KV-1Ss were everywhere before....)

Still, I think I've pulled my BDR-G1B up from about 40% to 50% winrate today, I like having an unexpected quantity of BOOM on a tier 5.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2013-01-19 at 03:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1117

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    EU cluster has been running near capacity for a while,
    Nah, can't be. They're just going trough "scheduled maintenance". If you're experiencing problems it's because of "server to client communication". "Defragmenting your computer" and "checking your internet connection" will fix it.

Edit: Wow, look at the conspiracy theories!
    Last edited by darksolitaire; 2013-01-19 at 04:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay so...

On the one hand: Black Prince and all Brit heavies below it will be on sale starting tomorrow! Yay!

On the other hand: that means I need to bust my tail through the Churchill VII to get said Black Prince. Boo!

I mean I don't hate the Churchill VII... but it's not a particularly fun tank to drive. < . .> I really, really hope the high tier British heavies don't let me down...

9. - Top - End - #1119

OldWizardGuy

I mean I don't hate the Churchill VII... but it's not a particularly fun tank to drive. < . .> I really, really hope the high tier British heavies don't let me down...
    Dark Atheling is basically more of the same then Churchill 7. I have some good memories with it, like holding 4 other tier 7 tanks in Mountain Pass.

I'm currently in Caernarvon myself, and I have really mixed feelings about it. The armor either lets all trough or bounces everything, with bit of emphasis on the former. At first it was fun playing with a gun that fired so fast, but the lack of alpha is starting to get noticeable. Some meds have better damage then that lousy 230 Still better then previous tanks because of the increased mobility.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Dark Atheling is basically more of the same then Churchill 7. I have some good memories with it, like holding 4 other tier 7 tanks in Mountain Pass.

I'm currently in Caernarvon myself, and I have really mixed feelings about it. The armor either lets all trough or bounces everything, with bit of emphasis on the former. At first it was fun playing with a gun that fired so fast, but the lack of alpha is starting to get noticeable. Some meds have better damage then that lousy 230 Still better then previous tanks because of the increased mobility.
    Having played through the T-43 and T-44, I think the Caern is going to suit me just fine. Once I finally manage to grind through this Black Prince.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

stupid bleeping french
    and their stupid arty tree

tier 5, 7, and 8 share the same crew make-up
    tier 6 changes a loader to a radio operator.............................

so i have to recruit a radio op who will be behind the rest of the crew..and then when i reach 7 one of my loaders will be behind.......
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

I must take back what I said previously about the Churchill VII... it took some time, but I'm starting to really enjoy it, roughly along the same lines as my TOGII* really.

So this grind is going a lot more smoothly than I was afraid it was going to. Also fun: I've been having a ridiculously easy time grinding ISes down by myself. Their gun reloads so slowly that as long as I can get them to bounce once* I can pepper them with my own gun that has *just* enough penetration to get them from the front pretty regularly.

I usually can't solo kill an IS, but I've several times brought them down to under 10% health from full, alone; which considering I'm a tier lower than them makes me feel like I've done my job adequately.

Also a plus - the Churchill VIIs bad reputation means a lot of people seem to think "lol easy kill" - and attack without aiming or consideration for what side is facing the Churchill VII... a canny driver can take advantage of that pretty easily.

The only two things that keep me from really loving this tank the way I do the Churchill I and III are the slow speed and the fact that it sees Tier VIIIs even though it really cannot hurt a Tier VIII unless the Tier VIII driver is a total idiot. Even then it's rough.

Still, much better tank than I originally gave it credit for.

*Easier done than you'd think - most people assume a gun that big is just going to go right through the Churchill VII's flat front armor... but if it's just *slightly* angled there's a pretty good chance you're going to bounce it because that flat armor is still 145mm thick.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ettin in the Playground

*Easier done than you'd think - most people assume a gun that big is just going to go right through the Churchill VII's flat front armor... but if it's just *slightly* angled there's a pretty good chance you're going to bounce it because that flat armor is still 145mm thick.
    That flat armour is still riddled full of holes.

I did not enjoy the Churchill VII, that's for sure. The sheer amount of Tier VIII battles I get into makes it frustrating to play on this server.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh definitely - if you know where to shoot the Churchill VII is pretty easy to damage - most annoyingly you can shoot off the track and deal hull damage in the same shot if you fire through the track guards from the front. (That may be a bug, it certainly seems like it...)

That said... most people think "Easy Kill" and don't bother to aim like that, so instead they just get bounce after bounce after bounce, meanwhile I'm picking them apart and having giggling fits while I do it. Sure the gun is a little puny, but it's fast and accurate enough to pick out weakspots at acceptable distances.

The one thing I *hate* about this tank though is when I go up against someone with a modicum of intelligence and they target my giant engine. The blasted thing catches fire instantly if hit it seems! Likewise if someone smart enough to shoot it, I routinely find myself with a destroyed (not just damaged) engine AND track damage in the same shot, meaning I'm immobile no matter what I do with my repair kit.

But that's only against smarter players... most are not so bright.

I just got done killing an IS, a T-50-2, and a Cromwell (the IS was at half, but the other two were solo'd) - got 1279xp for it <._.>b

*edit* Huzzah, got the Black Prince! Honestly the Churchill VII was a breeze to plow through. Got many, many 1,000xp+ games (I do have Premium, but still that's pretty darn good I think). Also a new high score on XP, 1,800 in a single match (before doubles and the like).
    Last edited by mistformsquirrl; 2013-01-22 at 11:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

So, having had good success with the Churchill VII, I've decided to go back and give the Char B1 another shot since I've always wanted to try the French heavies.

I've already remembered why I hate this tank, but... I've figured out a solution.

Granted it is a spectacularly wasteful solution - but it is working! Namely: I'm shooting nothing but Gold rounds! 800 credits per shot with a gun that does 50 damage, and even with gold still bounces frequently.

Still, it's working - I'm able to actually hurt things, and I usually don't lose too many credits - in fact sometimes I come out with a net positive (though that's rare).

All told, the B1 is doing it's best to make me hate it... but I'm going to get through it anyway, because I want a 90mm at tier 5 darnit!

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Colossus in the Playground

So, having had good success with the Churchill VII, I've decided to go back and give the Char B1 another shot since I've always wanted to try the French heavies.

I've already remembered why I hate this tank, but... I've figured out a solution.

Granted it is a spectacularly wasteful solution - but it is working! Namely: I'm shooting nothing but Gold rounds! 800 credits per shot with a gun that does 50 damage, and even with gold still bounces frequently.

Still, it's working - I'm able to actually hurt things, and I usually don't lose too many credits - in fact sometimes I come out with a net positive (though that's rare).

All told, the B1 is doing it's best to make me hate it... but I'm going to get through it anyway, because I want a 90mm at tier 5 darnit!
    I carried half gold shells and half normal shells in the thing. Used gold shells vs. anything with armor to speak of (except other B1s; hitting their weak points is so easy). Still a pain but at least I actually hurt a KV in one match.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Did the same thing with. My B1 after the track upgrade. Made a HUGE difference in getting XP...well that and a couple of 5X XP nights.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

My T-50-2 out for a spin.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to say, I simultaneously loathe and admire T-50-2 (and other super-scout) drivers.

On the one hand - the good ones make me tear my hair out because I can't freaking hit ya >< (or I bounce a huge 120mm shell off 15mm of armor or something crazy like that.)

On the other hand - you have to admire someone who can make those tanks work, because I seriously cannot stand driving scouts. I love mediums, I like heavies, but scouts drive me up the wall. I've never even tried a super-scout type because the regular tier 4 scouts make me crazy. >_<

Err, which is a long winded way of saying "Nice game there <@.@>"

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

I have to say, I simultaneously loathe and admire T-50-2 (and other super-scout) drivers.

On the one hand - the good ones make me tear my hair out because I can't freaking hit ya >< (or I bounce a huge 120mm shell off 15mm of armor or something crazy like that.)

On the other hand - you have to admire someone who can make those tanks work, because I seriously cannot stand driving scouts. I love mediums, I like heavies, but scouts drive me up the wall. I've never even tried a super-scout type because the regular tier 4 scouts make me crazy. >_<

Err, which is a long winded way of saying "Nice game there <@.@>"
    Thank you.

Scouts are definitely not for everyone. They require more situational awareness than other tank types (bar artillery, but arty is more of where and when to support, and when to retreat), and extensive map knowledge (and mechanics). Add that to that fact that they're so fragile and their weapons barely scratch high tiers... well, yeah.

In that vein, the high tier AMXs, T71 and high tier Chinese lights are not scout tanks. Or at least, they're more of a scout flanker hybrid. While you can use them to scout, they really do their best when they're wrecking havoc behind your lines or preying on weakened enemies.

21. - Top - End - #1131

OldWizardGuy

Watched Grif's game and then noticed that that exp wasn't in premium Well played!

Mistformsquirrl, I originally thought the same way, then I read that T-50-2 was to be removed from game and wanted to experience it myself before removal. Anyways, scouting eventually became nice chance of pace from regular tanks.

Scouts tend to require good crews to work properly, so there's that.

VK4502 (P) Ausf. B is only 15k exp from Maus, and for the next few days there's 3*exp event on EU. Can't wait to get rid of that brick-on-tracks. Normally I would have grinded the missing exp quickly, but VK B isn't that fun anymore.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Thank you.

Scouts are definitely not for everyone. They require more situational awareness than other tank types (bar artillery, but arty is more of where and when to support, and when to retreat), and extensive map knowledge (and mechanics). Add that to that fact that they're so fragile and their weapons barely scratch high tiers... well, yeah.
    I have to say, my T-50, T-50-2 & Chaffee are my favorite tanks currently. Trolling people from the hill you can now climb with physics on Cliff with Chaffee is the best ever, and the time when you find that lone ISU or Ferdinand with a T-50 and just sting them to death in a minute or two; ah, the times!
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Titan in the Playground

Just found a highly amusing hiding spot - in the middle of the town in Siegfried Line, there's a grand arch with a narrow tunnel on the eastern side of the town square. With a small enough tank, you can fit down it and hide.

Of course if anybody sees you down the wrong hole, you're a sitting duck, but given that the building is within the capture circle on Assault (and probably Encounter too) it's worth bearing in mind when hiding from arty.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

you can also have teammates in large tanks block both ends with you inside

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Mistformsquirrl, I originally thought the same way, then I read that T-50-2 was to be removed from game and wanted to experience it myself before removal. Anyways, scouting eventually became nice chance of pace from regular tanks.
    The T-50-2 is probably going to be replaced with a more suitable prototype/tank that suits its physics defying agility. But the tank abilities will remain the same. (After all, the real T-50-2 was actually slower than the original T-50.)

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

sigh...
    first time in over 2 months i see an obj 263 and it is on my team

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #1137

OldWizardGuy

VKB is sold, good riddance. Let's see if I can collect enough exp to stop playing with M41 tomorrow. Playing arty is getting tedious these days.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    sigh...
    Both 263 and T57 heavy on enemy team. Map is River of Sand. I'm in GW Tiger, spawning south.

Bueno.

Team goes up. To the mountains.

Team, what you are you doing?

Team, staph!

Enemy team comes from the dunes, swoops down our base (swooping is bad), kills few defending td's, me, and caps. 263 can die if hit by GW, so I try to shoot it instead of running.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ettin in the Playground

sigh...
    I see quite a few of those over here though.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

yeah...well...aussies are just plain weird

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

yeah...well...aussies are just plain weird
    I'll have you know that aussies (and kiwis) make up only a significant minority of the server.