New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 82: So Many Babies!

[Outside]

It's my pleasure to help out however I can.
    The Druid flashes him a tired grin, but his words are sincere. He waves goodbye, then heads to the main cabin to get something to eat.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside => Away from the Camp]

And Wenomir leaves the campsite once more.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Arrival

"I know who you are! Pathfinder told us all kind of stories about you," Lily says, and she ignores the bow to jump up and hug Weavemaker. "He's my favourite storyteller, cause Waterstrider tells good stories too, but he tells them faster than Pathfinder does, and Mommy and Daddy's stories don't have Wolfen in them or stories about hunting or adventures." Lily spies Renetta in the midst of her monologue and waves at her. "That's Renetta! Isn't she pretty? She was pretty when she was an elf but she's even prettier now. I hope I can change into a Wolfen when I grow up like Renetta and maybe marry Pathfinder, except that he loves Reelshka now but he says he still loves me and he promised that everything would be okay, but I still think Pathfinder and Waterstrider are the handsomest Wolfen in the whole world and I wish I could marry one of them."

It can be assumed that she will continue babbling excitedly for the entire time the Wolfen visitors are here.

Fortunately for the visitors, Pansy arrives to provide actual directions about where Gamaliel's room is, and where to take the carriage to get as close to it as possible, so that the infirm elf can be helped out by his servant (and secret lover) Paul. The Wolfen, of course, will have no difficulty finding the Forest Huts by scent, if they choose to separate themselves from the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Arrival]

Renetta looks between the carriage and the wolfen. Deciding to delay the reunion with her mother a bit longer, the welfen moves to stand before her soon to be in laws.

She hesitates, not sure what to say at first. It's suddenly a daunting prospect to speak with them now that she knows they're gods. "It's wonderful to see you again." She almost forgets herself and bares her teeth to smile. That takes so much getting used to. "I'd like you two to meet Flamecrest." She holds the cub up a little higher. Flamecrest peers at her grandparents with her typical wide eyed stare.

Arriving

Dawn Wolf chuckles lightheartedly as she listens to the young halfling, hugging her gently and carrying her as they move along. "Really? Uh huh. He is. And yes, she is quite pretty. I imagine you'll have to be quite a bit older before doing that. Or that." She says, being sure to reply to each of Lily's questions.

Her mate gives the Welfen a warm smile and hugs her gently. "And it's wonderful to see you. You're both beautiful. Especially you." He says, looking at Flamecrest and stroking her ears lovingly.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving

Gamaliel is exhausted from the journey, so Paul helps him directly to bed, promising that if Renetta doesn't bring Flamecrest in soon, he'll go and drag her in.

Lydia's room is in the same cabin as her brother's, but whether she's content to be shown there right away is up to Ghar.

Meanwhile, Lily continues to babble, before saying "... Oh! Waterstrider and Pathfinder don't know you're here! I should run and find them!" and without waiting to be told differently, will try to jump down and tear off in a wild hurry.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #725

Toby looks about for Reinholdt. Not finding him, assuming he's still at the BDD, the Druid thinks about drawing him out. He says his name three times and if that doesn't work, he'll try turning himself into a blue cat and sitting on Rein's sunning rock by the lake. He's merely attempting to think like Reinholdt to figure out where he went, of course. It's not like he secretly wants to be him. Certainly not.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

Flamecrest pawns at his paw and tries to turn and look at it and sniff it. Renetta giggles. "She's a curious little baby. She always wants to see and smell every new thing she comes across."

Meanwhile, Lydia steps out of the carriage and looks around. She doesn't even know what to look for really, but when Lily scurries off it does draw her attention in that direction. For now, though, the elf decides to head inside to put her belongings away and then go talk with Gamaliel until her daughter seeks them out.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Toby looks about for Reinholdt. Not finding him, assuming he's still at the BDD, the Druid thinks about drawing him out. He says his name three times and if that doesn't work, he'll try turning himself into a blue cat and sitting on Rein's sunning rock by the lake. He's merely attempting to think like Reinholdt to figure out where he went, of course. It's not like he secretly wants to be him. Certainly not.
    One should hope not. One should also probably not think like Rein either, but it can't be much worse than thinking like Tobias. And saying the name three times only works on Calublufiok.

Reinholdt's sunning rock is quite warm this time of day. No wonder he likes that spot. One could just fall right asleep...

Thinking like Rein there are four things Rein does with any real frequency. Contemplate, sleep, drink, and adventure. If he were doing the first two, he'd probably be in his room or here on the sunning rock. Since he's not in either of those places, he's probably not doing those. If he's out adventuring finding him's going to be a bear since he could be anywhere. Drinking only takes place in two or three real spots though. There's also the off-chance that he's practicing with his rifle in the woods or studying in the Medlab, but Tobias would have found out that quickly enough.

Of course, he could always just, you know, call Rein's phone and ask him.

But then Tobias would be thinking like Sophie or some other somewhat normal person and we can't have that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #728

Hey, that's been proven to work on Toby too, you know.

And no, we just can't have Toby acting normal, much less rational.

The cat lounges on the rock for awhile. He'd never admit it, but I suspect he's hoping someone mistakes him for Reinholdt. But eventually he turns back to normal and heads out to canvas the bars.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Arriving

Dawn Wolf smiles at the departing halfling and sighs wistfully, missing when she had been filled with such vigor. After a moment, a strange thought makes her chuckle and shake her head. If all Halflings were like Lily, they'd inherit the worlds.

Fenris lets the little Welfen sniff at her for a while before leaning in to nip her ear affectionately. "They always are at that age." He admits softly. "It's one of the reasons I brought along a gift for her. To make sure she's always watched and safe." He tells her before turning around and reaching into the ground itself. His paws don't dig into the earth, instead gently slipping through the dirt till he grabs what he's searching for. After a moment, he pulls up what almost looks like an alligator snapping turtle, but it's far too big and appears to be made of stone. He turns back to Renetta and shows it to her, and surprisingly, the creature appears to be completely docile. Instead of struggling, it looks directly at the little Welfen cub and gives her an awkward wave of it's front foot.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

((What, Toby isn't going to ask his wife to come along on the boys' trip? ))

[Lost in the Woods]

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "You?"

Apperantly that isn't working. Is there some other noise she wants? "yee... eee... sss... see? ssshhhh... shee? she?" Is that a good noise? "ah... aa... ai... I?"

NotJamie makes the noises, but doesn't know what they mean. Other animals have nice, simple noises! Like growling or howling or cooing.
    Jamie frowns. Sighs. Closes her eyes. Concentrates.
    ...a moment later a Dimension Door nearby deposits Quinn!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"A pet?" Renetta had never been allowed to have a pet as a child. She looks more closely at the turtle. "That's very kind of you. I'm sure she'll love... him?" She ventures a guess.

Flamecrest practically leans right out of Renetta's arms to look down at the turtle. She's never seen anything like that before!

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

Forest Hut 1

Since the Wolfen now have Forest huts on opposite sides of the camp, Lily has to make a choice, but since she's most familiar with the oldest hut, where Waterstrider and Renetta live, that's the direction she goes first.

"Waterstrider! Waterstrider! Your mommy and daddy are here! Where are you?" She calls even before arriving at the clearing.

It hasn't occurred to her that the Wolfen likely already know about their parents arrival. Even without spirit animals protecting the place, it's not like the arrival of a carriage drawn by four horses is going to be either quiet or scent-less.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

Arriving

"Stonethrower" lifts the turtle closer to Flamecrest, letting the two nose each other. The turtle seems quite happy, even starting to squirm a bit to get closer to the Welfen cub. Even though Renetta will see that it appears to be stone, the 3ft long turtle moves just like a normal one and lets out a small "Kreee!" sound towards Flamecrest. "She. They bond to the first person they see too, so in this case, her. It'll grow big enough to protect her and even allow her to ride on or even in it. Don't worry though, it eats plants only."

As he talks, Dawn Wolf comes over to give the pair a warm hug. "I'm glad it's worked out, dear." She says, meaning the relationship as well as the transformation.

Forest Hut 1

Waterstrider swoops right out the door and picks the young girl up to set up on his shoulders. "I know." He tells her with a smile. "They're wonderful, aren't they?" He asks as he walks towards where he can smell his parents.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Forest Hut 1

"Mhm, but now I need to go and tell Pathfinder!"
    Lily protests, trying to squirm free.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #735
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Middle of the Night]

Wenomir stays in the back, not wanting to intrude on the family reunion. He very much respects the courage it must have taken Brand and Waterstrider to go on this mission. He, Harnel, Cessie and DC are all used to killing and risking their life, but those two...
    Of course, he's also hauling an unconscious Mine around.
    This ex-slave needs urgent medical attention or else I don't think he'll live through the hour, he says to anyone in the vincinity. Elezibethele tried to kill him and he's lost a lot of blood.
    [Middle of the Night]

Indeed. That pretty much sums up the unclothed elf's status. Depending how long it took for Wenomir to travel back here, less than an hour probably remains on Mine's the countdown to death clock. Tick, tick, tick!

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Middle of the Night - Guest Room

"I'm so sorry to wake you," Pansy says. She notices that the beds are untouched. "Where are you sleeping? Is there a problem with the beds?"
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Middle of the Night - Guest Room

Presumably, Justin is helping carry packages, so he sees the undisturbed beds. Remembering just what condition he found these girls in, he leans down to Pansy's ear and whispers, "These two probably had the worst master, I don't think they understand that those are their beds."
    [Middle of the Night - Guest Room]

This matter might even be a hint more bothersome than Slave and Object not recognizing that these beds are meant to be their's...

"I don't think there's anything wrong with the beds. We haven't had reason to use them yet. We're sleeping on the floor. Sis, why don't you go check the beds in case they're messed up?"

Object tiredly yawns and stretches. They're acting as they think they should. One might hazard a guess, by the way Slave tests out the bed by looking over the legs and pushing on the mattress rather forcefully instead of sitting or lying atop it, that they associate beds with something worlds apart from resting.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-07-17 at 03:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Orc in the Playground

Woods

"Oddish!" Oddball was not expecting Quinn to appear like that! Does she have an Abra? All they can do is teleport. But apart from the Shroomish a while ago, the only pokemon Oddball's seen recently is Abigail's Ralts, though Abra spend so much time asleep Oddball doesn't think it too unusual it hadn't shown itself before now.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #737
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woods

NotJamie stops and looks at Quinn. She will examine Quinn carefully, and after a moment wiggle her fingers in Quinn's direction, and look at Jamie.

Can she touch this one? Is that okay?

18. - Top - End - #738
    Troll in the Playground

Middle of the Night - Object and Slave's Cabin

"Oh dears, the beds are for you! You don't have to sleep on the floor,"
    Pansy says fretfully. "I've got some food and extra blankets and clothes for you too."

If it weren't the middle of the night, there would be yummy smells of hot food coming from the basket, but since there wasn't any hot food ready, it's not so fragrant. Still yummy though. Bread and cheese and cured sausage and fruits. Omnomnom! The clothing is much plainer than what was stolen from Azurelle, and rather loose fitting so they don't have to worry as much about sizing. But it's functional and may be preferred as not having any unpleasant recollections tied to it.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

[Between Forest Huts]

Lily is intercepted by another hyperactive tiny girl.
    Lily! Lily! What's going on? she squeaks as she runs up to the halfling.

[Arriving]

Reelshka is approaching the gathering of Renetta and the wedding guests. Of course, she can put two and two together and knows why they're here. The turtle is new, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Arriving

"Stonethrower" lifts the turtle closer to Flamecrest, letting the two nose each other. The turtle seems quite happy, even starting to squirm a bit to get closer to the Welfen cub. Even though Renetta will see that it appears to be stone, the 3ft long turtle moves just like a normal one and lets out a small "Kreee!" sound towards Flamecrest. "She. They bond to the first person they see too, so in this case, her. It'll grow big enough to protect her and even allow her to ride on or even in it. Don't worry though, it eats plants only."

As he talks, Dawn Wolf comes over to give the pair a warm hug. "I'm glad it's worked out, dear." She says, meaning the relationship as well as the transformation.
    Arriving

Renetta nods to Fenris. "We'll need a name for her then." Flamecrest paws at the turtle's face and nuzzles her affectionately.

The welfen hugs Dawn Wolf back. "Me too. And thank you again."

21. - Top - End - #741

Middle of the Night - Slave and Object's Cabin

"No reason..." Justin mumbles to himself as he contemplates the girls choice of words. It's not until Object, he really should ask if they've come up with names yet, starts testing the bed that his mind goes to the places every teenager's mind goes, and the look of realization is pretty priceless. He is regretting taking the "Alternative" bedroom option more and more, while his hate for that Azurelle person just gets worse and worse. "Like Mrs. Applehill said, you can sleep in them, and they're more comfortable than the floor. Have you two decided on names yet?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #742
    Pixie in the Playground

[Middle of the Night - Slave and Object's Cabin]

"Oh! So they're...meant for sleeping and curtaining?"
    Object verifies, peering over her shoulder to analytically study the beds in greater depth.
    "Really? I didn't know that..."

Slave announces, poking one of the beds curiously before hopping atop it to lie upon it.
    "They are nice and warm and soft..."

Slave attests, relaxing on top of the blankets. But now is not the time for that because mmmm! Food! Object accepts the care package with a courteous curtsy.

"Thank you for your kindness, mistr- Mrs. Applehill."

Slave appears distant from her perch atop the bed. Perhaps she is asleep?
    "We have yet to select names for ourselves. If you want we can think some up right now or we could sleep on them and seek you out tomorrow morning so you can choose which option is most pleasing from a greater bank of names."

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

Lakeshore

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [In the Lake => Shore]

A certain little dryad walks out of the shallow water. She forgot to take off her tunic before jumping in, and now it's drenched. She starts to pull it off, but pauses before she gets far. Brinika said people are supposed to wear clothes, and she has absolutely no other clothing aside from this tunic. Now what does she do?

Vasi will likely find Salix wringing out the hem of the tunic with a frown on her face. It isn't working very well.

"What's wrong, dear?"
    Vasi asks.

Between Forest Huts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Between Forest Huts]

Lily is intercepted by another hyperactive tiny girl.
    Lily! Lily! What's going on? she squeaks as she runs up to the halfling.

Waterstrider and Pathfinder's Mommy and Daddy are here for the wedding and to meet little Flamecrest! And they brought Renetta's Mommy and Mister Gamalial and Mister Paul and I just told Waterstrider they were here, but he already knew, so now I have to run and tell Pathfinder!"

Lily announces all this while running, so unless Brinika runs alongside, she'll miss most of it.

Middle of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

"Oh! So they're...meant for sleeping and curtaining?"
    Object verifies, peering over her shoulder to analytically study the beds in greater depth.
    "Really? I didn't know that..."

Slave announces, poking one of the beds curiously before hopping atop it to lie upon it.
    "They are nice and warm and soft..."

Slave attests, relaxing on top of the blankets. But now is not the time for that because mmmm! Food! Object accepts the care package with a courteous curtsy.

"Thank you for your kindness, mistr- Mrs. Applehill."

Slave appears distant from her perch atop the bed. Perhaps she is asleep?
    "We have yet to select names for ourselves. If you want we can think some up right now or we could sleep on them and seek you out tomorrow morning so you can choose which option is most pleasing from a greater bank of names."
    "You don't have to have sex with anybody," Pansy says gently. "Eat and sleep all you want, and you can think about names tomorrow."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Salix stops what she's doing to look up at Vasi. "My clothes is all wet, and it feels heavy and annoying. Brinika told me that I have to wear clothes around other people, though, so I can't take it off."

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Oddish!" Oddball was not expecting Quinn to appear like that! Does she have an Abra? All they can do is teleport. But apart from the Shroomish a while ago, the only pokemon Oddball's seen recently is Abigail's Ralts, though Abra spend so much time asleep Oddball doesn't think it too unusual it hadn't shown itself before now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Woods

NotJamie stops and looks at Quinn. She will examine Quinn carefully, and after a moment wiggle her fingers in Quinn's direction, and look at Jamie.

Can she touch this one? Is that okay?
    Jamie looks to Quinn, and the two exchange a bit of telepathic conversation for a moment, before Quinn steps forwards, offering her hand.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #746

It's weirdly amusing to Justin to see someone that doesn't know what a bed is actually for, but loops around into disturbing once he remembers why. "Like what she said, get some rest," he says as gently as he can. "Is there anything else you need or want?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #747
    Pixie in the Playground

"We've more amenities here than we know what to do with, I assure you. We require nothing more. Thank you most graciously for your care and attentions."

Object curtsies once more before she rewards Justin and Mrs. Applehill with a genuine, dazzling smile. She hasn't smiled much in her life. She feels indebted to Justin and Pansy for their kindness. In fact, so moved is she by their compassion that she attempts to embrace both of them warmly. If she understood that the heroes drawn from GLoG and WATCH liberated her, she'd likely be weeping along with her sister in both of their arms. Luckily, they cannot yet wrap their heads around the concept of freedom. There's been too much crying tonight already. Celebration is in order.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Between the Huts

Waterstrider chuckles after Lily squirms out of his arms and he'll give her shoulder a quick nip of affection before sending her on her way, heading towards the other arrivals.

Arriving

The turtle can't help but nuzzle back, squirming happily in Stonethrower's grip. Weavemaker smiles at the sight before reaching out to tease her grand-daughter's ears. "As much as I'd like to hoard you and Flamecrest both, I think you should see your Mother and Uncle now. It'd be for the best that we split our time evenly with you." She suggests as her mate sets the turtle to the ground, letting it scamper around Renetta as she cranes her head up, watching young Flamecrest.

29. - Top - End - #749

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Aiden tries to grasp Rainbow's hand and firmly shake it. "For now, anyway. It was a pleasure to meet you."
    Main Cabin -> Around
    Rainbow smiles and shakes his hand.
    "It was a pleasure to meet you too!"^_^
    She begins to walk away, waving goodbye.
    "See you later!"

She's now wandering around, looking for someone to help her!

((Interaction please ^_^))
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

[Between Forest Huts]

Brinika does in fact run alongside Lily.
    That's so cool! Weddings are really really great and I'm sure this one will be too! She squeaks as she runs.

[Arriving]

Reelshka draws close on the arriving party, giving them a small wave.
    Hello, everyone. I hope I'm not interrupting anything.