New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread XI

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Less pretty boy, more blood-sucking type," Silverpine replied, wondering if he was better off keeping his mouth shut. The kid didn't seem to know anything, that much was evident.
    "Wut? Ain't those just in the cinema?" He asked looking a little irritated.

The elderly mare popped up behind Silverpine and Gear and tapped Silverpine with her walker. Or rather thwacked too hard at his leg.

"Oi...sonny boy....you talking about vamponies? I tell you, my granddaughter was one who got bit and drained today, Luna bless her soul she's still alive. The cops didn't believe me it was a vampony, but I tells you sonny, its true, why...when I was a young girl of fifty, I too got me bit by a vampony, such a gentlecolt too though, no body believed me though...probably because I wasn't takin' my medication at the time....." She rambled, very slowly, veerry slowly and stared blankly. She then looked at Silverpine. "Oh...my....where am I? Oh my, I need to go to the convenience store and buy some milk."

-----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy gave the bottle a quick sniff; perhaps his joke about hobos wasn't too far off-base. He crept into the room, getting closer to the rattling noise, but checking the beds first. His knives hovered in a defensive formation around him, making it tricky to grapple him without getting stabbed, and he listened closely to Daniel's hoofsteps. He'd been fooled by this trick once already, no sense in blundering into it again.

Entering 'deeper' into the large room, the clattering would become more clear and sound more...like......knees clacking together, shaking? There was movement behind one of the curtain sides.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Entering 'deeper' into the large room, the clattering would become more clear and sound more...like......knees clacking together, shaking? There was movement behind one of the curtain sides.
    Seeing how the beds were clear (and they hadn't gotten jumped yet), the curtain was likely their only option for getting somethin' useful out of all this. Sandy motioned for Daniel to get his bow ready and quietly positioned himself by the curtain. His hoof came up, counted once, counted twice, counted thrice and pulled back the curtain to reveal their mystery intruder. Y'know, apart from them.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel

He quietly exchanges his wooden arrow for a blunt-tipped one and takes aim at the curtain.

---

Taylor

He laughs pleasantly and motions for her to take a seat. "Must've been some good pancakes. And thusly I assume life's been treating you well so far?"
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-06-29 at 01:51 AM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing how the beds were clear (and they hadn't gotten jumped yet), the curtain was likely their only option for getting somethin' useful out of all this. Sandy motioned for Daniel to get his bow ready and quietly positioned himself by the curtain. His hoof came up, counted once, counted twice, counted thrice and pulled back the curtain to reveal their mystery intruder. Y'know, apart from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Daniel

He quietly exchanges his wooden arrow for a blunt-tipped one and takes aim at the curtain.

"Waaaaah! Please don't hurt me...! I swear I ain't doing no harm here!" A grey older looking earth pony dropped to the floor and cowered. His mane was shaved close to his head, his tail indicating a brown color scheme. He had a scraggly looking beard and dark circles around his eyes and looked to sport a jacket in this here dim light. He smelled of cheap beer, cigarettes and general stink, he looked pathetic cowering there.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

"Wut? Ain't those just in the cinema?" He asked looking a little irritated.

The elderly mare popped up behind Silverpine and Gear and tapped Silverpine with her walker. Or rather thwacked too hard at his leg.

"Oi...sonny boy....you talking about vamponies? I tell you, my granddaughter was one who got bit and drained today, Luna bless her soul she's still alive. The cops didn't believe me it was a vampony, but I tells you sonny, its true, why...when I was a young girl of fifty, I too got me bit by a vampony, such a gentlecolt too though, no body believed me though...probably because I wasn't takin' my medication at the time....." She rambled, very slowly, veerry slowly and stared blankly. She then looked at Silverpine. "Oh...my....where am I? Oh my, I need to go to the convenience store and buy some milk."
    Silverpine winced as the sprightly elderly mare thwacked his leg. "Ma'am, you're in the convenience store. Uh... probably already bought your milk too. Anyway, you said your daughter was bitten? Where?"

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

"Waaaaah! Please don't hurt me...! I swear I ain't doing no harm here!" A grey older looking earth pony dropped to the floor and cowered. His mane was shaved close to his head, his tail indicating a brown color scheme. He had a scraggly looking beard and dark circles around his eyes and looked to sport a jacket in this here dim light. He smelled of cheap beer, cigarettes and general stink, he looked pathetic cowering there.
    Sandy, for a brief moment, bought it completely, lowering his knives. Here was just a harmless old pony, down on his luck, maybe just finding a place to rest for the night. In an abandoned building. With blackout curtains that make it seem like night in hereeeeokay the knives are back up now.

If he didn't get jumped, he glared sternly at the earth pony. "Open your mouth and let's see them teeth." he said firmly, but made no move to attack. He did nudge the curtains open to try and get some grade-A sunlight on this pony.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Silverpine winced as the sprightly elderly mare thwacked his leg. "Ma'am, you're in the convenience store. Uh... probably already bought your milk too. Anyway, you said your daughter was bitten? Where?"
    Gearstride was going to be in listening mode since it would be too cheap and easy to have her figure this all out, or at least have really good guesses.

"I am? Oh...You, the sickly green one, go get me a jug of milk please," She pointed at Gearstride with her walker, Gear just nearly missing getting hit in her head. Gearstride shook her head in mild amusement and shrugged going off for a moment to get the jug of milk for the crazy old lady. Probably milk for her cats.

"Anyhoof, yes, well, I believe she was bitten, no one believes me, but what she described to me at the hospital was the very same thing that happened to me as a young lady," She spoke slowly again and paused, staring off blankly again before continuing. "My guess was when she was trying to sneak back home from her coltfriend's house last night. She thinks she can be sneaky around me, but I always know." She seemed proud of this fact. "He lives....I believe near the outskirts of town...more or less, along the road past the Bridle Shores Cemetery....I think....memory's kinda fuzzy right now."

Sandy, for a brief moment, bought it completely, lowering his knives. Here was just a harmless old pony, down on his luck, maybe just finding a place to rest for the night. In an abandoned building. With blackout curtains that make it seem like night in hereeeeokay the knives are back up now.

If he didn't get jumped, he glared sternly at the earth pony. "Open your mouth and let's see them teeth." he said firmly, but made no move to attack. He did nudge the curtains open to try and get some grade-A sunlight on this pony.
    More like grade-D since its been dropped along the way it was getting darker outside already. "My mouth? Why? Are you a dentist?" He whimpered pathetically and glanced at Sandy's uniformed self, if he is in uniform, if not, the silliness still occurs. 'I swear officer....I'm not hiding drugs in my mouth." He threw his fore legs in the air, then clutched his head again and whimpered. The weapons out in sight did not help.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-06-29 at 01:15 AM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

More like grade-D since its been dropped along the way it was getting darker outside already. "My mouth? Why? Are you a dentist?" He whimpered pathetically and glanced at Sandy's uniformed self, if he is in uniform, if not, the silliness still occurs. 'I swear officer....I'm not hiding drugs in my mouth." He threw his fore legs in the air, then clutched his head again and whimpered. The weapons out in sight did not help.
    (He is in uniform.)

Well, sunlight was sunlight as far as he knew. Though this guy definitely didn't seem to be the imposing figure he ran into last night. Sandy rubbed his forehead. "I'm no dentist, I just-look, can you just show us your teeth? Not gonna hurt you or nothin'." As a measure of good faith, Sandy took a small, but deliberate step back, and hovered the knives out of direct stab range. "See? Just show us your teeth, and everythin'll be just fine."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Pony Sense tingling.

Daniel spins around instantly, switching again to the stake-tips. If ever there was a time to get jumped from behind, this was it.

And yes. He checks the ceiling.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Only vaguely aware of rumors of sun-blessed ore Staccata just shakes her head at the last material. "Not enough reason to try shimmerite."

The mare then produces a sack full of coins and what appears to be an old-design but supremely crafted cold-iron dagger. "Something as a bit of a template for what I'm used to. Money isn't an issue. 30% up front?"
    Blades examined the dagger carefully. "My, that's a good one! Where'd ya get it?

"All right, no shimmerite. So how does three of each type, makin' a full dozen, for one thousand 'n fifty sound? It'd be three hundred 'n fifteen now, 'n the rest once they're done. 'N if ya die 'cause of 'em, just bring 'em back here 'n I'll give ya a full refund!"

Arvadraa pipes up while Staccata and Blades are involved in bargaining. "Ironwood's not an issue. Muffin?"
    "Oh, ya've got a way? Good! Makes things easier here!" She took one of the muffins. "Aw, thanks. Ya made 'em quite well this time!"

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    He grins and pciks up the armor, doesn't take much putting up every piece together.... and then he's the walking tin can again, well, actually a shimmerite can, he leaves his helmet open by both upper and lower halves
    "wow, I've been either not wearing it for some time, or it feels better than before?" he moves his legs around checking for mobility and stuff "ok, would test magic now.... if you want, close your eyes, it's gonna be bright"
    then, he closes his helmet and focuses himself andattract bright yellow and white sparks, before going straight into being covered by a REALLY BRIGHT golden/white/blue light from head to tail, it's blinding at first when it comes in a flash, then it's like he's covered by some sort of ethereal light shield/armor.... well his shield has spinning light around it's front too
    "It's even channeling my magic better!" yeah, his own magic, besides the armor's ore.
    "Yep, even better than new, it's working.... a lot, thanks!"
    "Whoa! That's quite some power!" Blades ducked back a bit.

"We did have to guess a bit with the design 'cause it was so out of shape when we got it, but it seems to have worked well! I'd guess some of the parts twisted into unrecognisability had flaws that I didn't put in when replacin' 'em. Well, anyway, is that all, or are ya interested in gettin' something else while ya're here?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Pony Sense tingling.

Daniel spins around instantly, switching again to the stake-tips. If ever there was a time to get jumped from behind, this was it.

And yes. He checks the ceiling.
    There's nothing on the ceiling or behind him.

Well, sunlight was sunlight as far as he knew. Though this guy definitely didn't seem to be the imposing figure he ran into last night. Sandy rubbed his forehead. "I'm no dentist, I just-look, can you just show us your teeth? Not gonna hurt you or nothin'." As a measure of good faith, Sandy took a small, but deliberate step back, and hovered the knives out of direct stab range. "See? Just show us your teeth, and everythin'll be just fine."
    "Are you lying? You're not those sort of criminals who beat up people, take their teeth, and sell to the black market are you? I hear zebras love using teeth in their brews," He kept cowering, occasionally peeking from under his fore leg, Daniel's drawn weapons keeping the likely drunk, homeless, pony scared manureless. "You won't like my teeth! No good for potions...! Rotting practically! Waaaah, don't hurt me."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa chuckles nervously after Luka does his Sentry-thing. "I ah...kind of expected to get disintegrated or something."

"Shadows, not darkness. Different things entirely. In fact he probably just gave you a power boost. Would you like me to get out the molds for the knives now or later?" Stellar, to the casual observer, is writing down Staccata's order on the project-board, and waiting in case Luka has one, too. Manually. Arvadraa takes a look at the proportions of the example knife and chitters something at a nearby badger, who scatters out the door, presumeably for ironwood.

---

Daniel, on the pretense of spinning 360 degrees to check the entire room, mutters briefly to Sandy. "Suspicious. What's the play?"
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-06-29 at 02:05 AM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Daniel, on the pretense of spinning 360 degrees to check the entire room, mutters briefly to Sandy. "Suspicious. What's the play?"
    Sandy frowned and muttered back. "Not gettin' anywhere at this rate. Keep your bow out, but keep 'er pointed down. Gonna take a bit of faith on this 'un."

With a little TK, he flashed his Cirrus badge. "Sir, I can tell you right now, I'm no crook. One of th' good guys, through an' through. An' you got my word that if you level with us, you'll not see a lick of trouble today." Sandy put all six of his knives away, but with the same spell, started loosening the hooks on the curtain. If the pony made any sort of move, he was getting the whole thing hurled right on top of him. "There. Ain't that better? Just open your mouth nice an' wide, an' my friend here'll put away the bow too. An' then we can talk more civil-like." There was one advantage to being born and raised way out in the country; the accent was one of the most homely things known to ponykind.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ember stared wide eyed at the revelation, kinda like Benson, but without the amused smirk-smile. Holy cow man, t-then who was that at the shop? A shape shifter? Another fey? A changeling? A wizard who cast polymorph on themselves? A twin? His mind raced and it took him a moment to get it under control.

Unfortunately it took seeing the state Sweet Victory was in to snap him out of it, that made him hurt inside, and then angry, and then scared, but then angry, and then pissed off. He sucked in a big breath of air and puffed out his chest to make himself bigger. He faced the door way looking in and got into an attack position.

"Who are you?! How dare you hurt my friend?! Untie her now or else!"

"Or else what?" The mobster replied. His nose flared and wings spreaded. "I know who youse is. You is that other guy. Listen here, bro. You join up the program or you friend will oh my a few kisses. Or maybe she wont kiss no body no more."

The thin pegasus then unsheathed his pegleg to reveal a rapier. "You gots.. an hour. And one cop and I mights get scared and wave this thing around like some crazy dude."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy frowned and muttered back. "Not gettin' anywhere at this rate. Keep your bow out, but keep 'er pointed down. Gonna take a bit of faith on this 'un."

With a little TK, he flashed his Cirrus badge. "Sir, I can tell you right now, I'm no crook. One of th' good guys, through an' through. An' you got my word that if you level with us, you'll not see a lick of trouble today." Sandy put all six of his knives away, but with the same spell, started loosening the hooks on the curtain. If the pony made any sort of move, he was getting the whole thing hurled right on top of him. "There. Ain't that better? Just open your mouth nice an' wide, an' my friend here'll put away the bow too. An' then we can talk more civil-like." There was one advantage to being born and raised way out in the country; the accent was one of the most homely things known to ponykind.
    The smelly pony shuddered and peeked out trying to keep as small as possibly from fear. He didn't know what this here Cirrus was, but the badge sure looked shiny and official. He timidly nodded and sat up, keeping his head low and looking up Sandy. He then moved to the window where the light was better, he figured the cooperative thing he could do was let them see his teeth better, he didn't want to be killed because they couldn't see his teeth. Didn't want them to mistake them for good teeth for ripping out to sell on the blackmarkets to zebras for their potions.

Now, there were two scenarios. The pony did move, so if Sandy went through with his hurl the curtain down on him for making any sort of move, well, the pony would panic, flail around underneath, cry and yell for help.

If Sandy didn't hurl the curtain on him, the pony would timidly stand there with the better if still dim lighting and show him his teeth. One looked pointy, but simply because it was chipped on one side. Though if they could tell the difference or not is your call.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Or else what?" The mobster replied. His nose flared and wings spreaded. "I know who youse is. You is that other guy. Listen here, bro. You join up the program or you friend will oh my a few kisses. Or maybe she wont kiss no body no more."

The thin pegasus then unsheathed his pegleg to reveal a rapier. "You gots.. an hour. And one cop and I mights get scared and wave this thing around like some crazy dude."
    Ember would quickly look around the room to see if there was anything in the room he could use to fight back. This he did as the mobster pony was making his threats, he couldn't...wouldn't let this go on, he couldn't leave Sweet Victory to a madpony like this. The Dulcinea effect was strong within this one colt. Soooo, what's the room look like?
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-06-29 at 02:46 AM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

The smelly pony shuddered and peeked out trying to keep as small as possibly from fear. He didn't know what this here Cirrus was, but the badge sure looked shiny and official. He timidly nodded and sat up, keeping his head low and looking up Sandy. He then moved to the window where the light was better, he figured the cooperative thing he could do was let them see his teeth better, he didn't want to be killed because they couldn't see his teeth. Didn't want them to mistake them for good teeth for ripping out to sell on the blackmarkets to zebras for their potions.

Now, there were two scenarios. The pony did move, so if Sandy went through with his hurl the curtain down on him for making any sort of move, well, the pony would panic, flail around underneath, cry and yell for help.

If Sandy didn't hurl the curtain on him, the pony would timidly stand there with the better if still dim lighting and show him his teeth. One looked pointy, but simply because it was chipped on one side. Though if they could tell the difference or not is your call.
    Sandy would not hurl the curtain on the poor pony just for complying with his wishes. Hay, it was even better that he moved towards the sunlight willingly. A vampony wouldn't do that. Also, he was pretty sure most vamponies had two pointy teeth, not one. At least, that's what it had felt like. The engineer stopped unbolting the curtain whispered to Daniel. "I think he's harmless, wrong place wrong time an' all that."

(And with that, deadtiming for a while)

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yah." Daniel slides away his bow. Far too willingly, given the circumstances. "Or he's a spy. They can do that, you know. Convince certain ponies to look out for them, put some off their guard or what have you. Remember, we're in a dark place with monsters in every corner. Paranoia is good."

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

It would be around this moment or so that the homeless pony's jacket would catch better lightning from outside, and oddly, or maybe its just a coincidence, the jacket would have a familiar pattern, color, maybe texture, as something else they found.

(aye aye, ciao...and I'll maybe hit the hay soon....maybe...I've been a night owl lately)

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ember would quickly look around the room to see if there was anything in the room he could use to fight back. This he did as the mobster pony was making his threats, he couldn't...wouldn't let this go on, he couldn't leave Sweet Victory to a madpony like this. The Dulcinea effect was strong within this one colt. Soooo, what's the room look like?
    (Some coward. Dulcineaing)

The doorway was the entrance to the small living and dining room. Victory was not rich enough to have them separate. The wooden floor sat under a small wooden table, a glass coffee table, and two leather couches. Cushions were tucked under them all and radios or record players atop them. The walla were adorned with interesting photos of herself. Probably done by Bruce. Obvious there was something there by the poses.

A pair of salon doors were fixed to the path to the kitchen. And another hall of sexy photos lead to the unseen bedroom. Victory was sloppy and left her lingirie and toys out in the open. Or the gangster did it. Who knows. "Better hurry. She's gorgeous. Hate to ruin."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

(Some coward. Dulcineaing)

The doorway was the entrance to the small living and dining room. Victory was not rich enough to have them separate. The wooden floor sat under a small wooden table, a glass coffee table, and two leather couches. Cushions were tucked under them all and radios or record players atop them. The walls were adorned with interesting photos of herself. Probably done by Bruce. Obvious there was something there by the poses.

A pair of salon doors were fixed to the path to the kitchen. And another hall of sexy photos lead to the unseen bedroom. Victory was sloppy and left her lingerie and toys out in the open. Or the gangster did it. Who knows. "Better hurry. She's gorgeous. Hate to ruin."

(A cowardly colt who won't let a filly or mare get hurt or worse if he can help it, he's a bit on the stupid side in some respects, mebbe crouching moron hidden badflank/Let's Get Dangerous tropes )

Ember did his best to pretend he didn't notice the saucy pictures, he didn't need to be distracted, no matter how hot the curvacious Sweet Victory looked in them.

'Or...or else....I'll c-cut you down d-dead...you hurt her any more...and you're dead,"
    He glanced at the kitchen area, if he could get there, find a large knife...crud crud crud crud there was no way this would end well. he should have just listened, but he dug himself in too much. No...I can't think this way...I-I'll...stop him...survive another day, I won't abandon my friends, I will not die tonight! An image of Lochbed flashed in his mind, her cute expression of wonder, no, he was not going to abandon Lochbed like that. But nor was he going to abandon Sweet Victory, so he knew, he had to survive.

"That's right...dead....and I'll use your leg as a firewood log,"
    He tried to jeer as he edged himself toward the kitchen. He had to be careful, get him away from Sweet Victory without him suspecting Ember's idea.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

(A cowardly colt who won't let a filly or mare get hurt or worse if he can help it, he's a bit on the stupid side in some respects, mebbe crouching moron hidden badflank/Let's Get Dangerous tropes )

Ember did his best to pretend he didn't notice the saucy pictures, he didn't need to be distracted, no matter how hot the curvacious Sweet Victory looked in them.

'Or...or else....I'll c-cut you down d-dead...you hurt her any more...and you're dead,"
    He glanced at the kitchen area, if he could get there, find a large knife...crud crud crud crud there was no way this would end well. he should have just listened, but he dug himself in too much. No...I can't think this way...I-I'll...stop him...survive another day, I won't abandon my friends, I will not die tonight! An image of Lochbed flashed in his mind, her cute expression of wonder, no, he was not going to abandon Lochbed like that. But nor was he going to abandon Sweet Victory, so he knew, he had to survive.

"That's right...dead....and I'll use your leg as a firewood log,"
    He tried to jeer as he edged himself toward the kitchen. He had to be careful, get him away from Sweet Victory without him suspecting Ember's idea.
    "Me dead? Me? Dead? You dead. Heheha! You are mad." He points at the noble laughing. A second of turning away to chuckle gives the colt a chance to jump from the knives in the cabinets. A big one actually sat in the drying rack.

"No I wont kill you. I'll leave you alive to watch. A few kicks and she'll begging to join up. Maybe she'll become my moll. I'm no monster though. A no is a no. Nos get me mad though. You gonna tell me 'no' too?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

"Me dead? Me? Dead? You dead. Heheha! You are mad." He points at the noble laughing. A second of turning away to chuckle gives the colt a chance to jump from the knives in the cabinets. A big one actually sat in the drying rack.

"No I wont kill you. I'll leave you alive to watch. A few kicks and she'll begging to join up. Maybe she'll become my moll. I'm no monster though. A no is a no. Nos get me mad though. You gonna tell me 'no' too?"
    He took the opportunity to seize himself the big knife on the drying rack. Crud, this was such a half formed plan, he didn't really have much reach with the knife as the mafia pony did with the rapier. He'd have to stay out of its reach and take the openings he got. Time to put his years of training to work again. His main goal would be to disarm him, take away his weapon, and then after that...he didn't know.

"Yesh..I'mmash tellsh you no,"
    He jumped up on the counter brandishing the large knife. "Comesh and getsh me threesh legsh!"

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

"Yah." Daniel slides away his bow. Far too willingly, given the circumstances. "Or he's a spy. They can do that, you know. Convince certain ponies to look out for them, put some off their guard or what have you. Remember, we're in a dark place with monsters in every corner. Paranoia is good."
    It would be around this moment or so that the homeless pony's jacket would catch better lightning from outside, and oddly, or maybe its just a coincidence, the jacket would have a familiar pattern, color, maybe texture, as something else they found.

(aye aye, ciao...and I'll maybe hit the hay soon....maybe...I've been a night owl lately)
    Sandy was about to correct him when the light caught the pony's jacket juuuust right. Suddenly, putting his knives away felt really, really stupid. Best not to mention that bit to Rainbow. "Good point. Let me do the talkin' fer now, you just keep one of them stakes close at hoof."

To the potential culprit, Sandy gave a reassuring smile and bade him close his mouth. "See? Nothin' t'worry about." He motioned to...well, to a spot on the floor as he sat down himself. He subtly glanced down at the cloth in his pocket and at the earth pony's jacket, to try and see if there were any matches. "Sorry 'bout all that, just some nasty business we're lookin' into, can't be too careful. Do y'mind if we stay an' chat a bit Mister...?" No need to tell him exactly what they were searching for, better to leave that to the imagination.

Little did he know that, halfway across town, Gearstride and Silverpine were practically engaging in a free-for-all of facts. :P

(Dice roll to see who has the cloth?)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-06-29 at 05:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

In the building being renovated

The homeless pony closed his mouth, still looking timid leaned against the window. The jacket looked a little odd on his body, in that it looked to be more a mare jacket in the way it fit on him. It did look similar, but if it was part of this jacket, he couldn't tell from this angle and light. "Uh..my name...its uh Button, cause...when I was a small weanling, they said I was as cute as a button." Maybe half his life ago, but not now. He cautiously watched the two, stuck with an expression of perpetual fear.

"P-please don't tell no one I'm sleepin' here...no one's using it for now...I won't break nothin' I swear....I won't even pee in the bathroom...I'll go outside, but please...d-don't tell no one." He begged. He smacked his lips and looked at the direction his beer rolled longingly, he was thirsty.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-06-29 at 04:59 AM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy couldn't help but wonder if there wasn't anything they could do to help this poor soul, poor pony who didn't even have a house to his name, reduced to begging strangers not to give up his only place of safety. Then he caught sight of Daniel, and remembered why they were here in the first place, and what this pony might actually be. It was tough, but he bit back his compassion for the moment. He still smiled warmly at Button. "So long as you behave yourself, Mister Button, I don't see much wrong with it. Can't stay here when they're done buildin' this place, but that's for later."

"Say, speakin' of, you wouldn't happen t'know what this place is goin' t'be, would you? This don't look much like the other bars an' whatnot 'round here."

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

He took the opportunity to seize himself the big knife on the drying rack. Crud, this was such a half formed plan, he didn't really have much reach with the knife as the mafia pony did with the rapier. He'd have to stay out of its reach and take the openings he got. Time to put his years of training to work again. His main goal would be to disarm him, take away his weapon, and then after that...he didn't know.

"Yesh..I'mmash tellsh you no,"
    He jumped up on the counter brandishing the large knife. "Comesh and getsh me threesh legsh!"
    "Rah! Then I gonna hurt ya good!" The pegasus jets back the springs forward with a forceful thrust. The aim is for Ember's unarmed leg. It is obvious the gangster was unskilled but he was fast. Very fast. A clusmy rocket of bladed steel.

Sweet Victory screams through her gag. Tears runs over her face bruise and to the cloth.

Meanwhile

Rainbow, having lost sight of the others, scaled down the back of the building with a loud thump.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Daniel, Sandy and Button

"I-I'll behave, I swears,"
    He bobbed his head for a moment before processing the rest of Sandy said. He rubbed his scraggly bearded chin and seemed to be thinking. He then glanced at Sandy, though he kept a wary eye on the cross bow wielding Daniel. "Well...sometimes...I hang around here during the day when the construction boys are workin'.....sometimes they give me food if I do tricks for them...make 'em laugh, well I hear them sometimes talkin' about this building. No one really pays much attention to me, so I'll hang around even after sometimes they give me food. But uh, I think its gonna be another club, one of them....naughty clubs....like a gentlestallion's club or somethin' with nasties happening upstairs." He paused and sighed as if such were a depressing thought to him. "But they takin' sweet time when workin'...cuz' of paid by the hour or somethin'. My friend don't really like it, 'unetheecal' she call it, I dunno what that word is but I don't think its a good thing."

----------------------------

"Rah! Then I gonna hurt ya good!" The pegasus jets back the springs forward with a forceful thrust. The aim is for Ember's unarmed leg. It is obvious the gangster was unskilled but he was fast. Very fast. A clusmy rocket of bladed steel.

Sweet Victory screams through her gag. Tears runs over her face bruise and to the cloth.
    All that ran through Ember's mind at the moment was a mantra of 'oh crud! oh crud! oh crud!' over and over as the quick stallion made a thrusting dash for him. He bit down on the knife handle and jumped out of the way just seconds before getting stabbed in the leg. His hop landed him on the glass table as he had to re think his plan. New plan. Think and move quicker.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-06-29 at 05:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Daniel, Sandy and Button

"I-I'll behave, I swears,"
    He bobbed his head for a moment before processing the rest of Sandy said. He rubbed his scraggly bearded chin and seemed to be thinking. He then glanced at Sandy, though he kept a wary eye on the cross bow wielding Daniel. "Well...sometimes...I hang around here during the day when the construction boys are workin'.....sometimes they give me food if I do tricks for them...make 'em laugh, well I hear them sometimes talkin' about this building. No one really pays much attention to me, so I'll hang around even after sometimes they give me food. But uh, I think its gonna be another club, one of them....naughty clubs....like a gentlestallion's club or somethin' with nasties happening upstairs." He paused and sighed as if such were a depressing thought to him. "But they takin' sweet time when workin'...cuz' of paid by the hour or somethin'. My friend don't really like it, 'unetheecal' she call it, I dunno what that word is but I don't think its a good thing."
    The mention was enough to bring a sheepish flush to Sandy's cheeks. He was glad they decided not to dwell on the point, though that would...uh, explain all the beds. "Er, right, I think I get it." He coughed awkwardly before continuing his questioning. "Seems you got a good sensible friend there, s'not right t'be slackin' off fer pay. Who is she? If you don't mind my askin'."

(Should probably wait for Daniel at this point, see if he has any questions to add.)

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

(1)

Fortunately for Ember, the gangster's lack of training is glaringly obvious. He rolls the handle across the floor. before jabbing forward again many times. Defense is an afterthought if at all as he poked wildly with great speed. It is clear how probably he lost a leg. "Haha! Hash! I'm gonna stab you up good. Then me and your friend here will get a bit more friendly."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater