New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #901
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

Pleased with himself Ishmael does not forget the basics. He waits until the prisoners and guard leave the boat and he drops a scent breaker to cover his smell. He also looks to the spot where he had bled from the shot and drops acid in that area to make sure any blood traces are destroyed and unusable for scrying purposes.

He then leaves the area, changing his appearance and hiding. He heads for the sewers to a quiet location.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

You find yourself a nice, quiet corner of the sewers.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #903

Ishmael sighs.

Doing things the proper way was a tough business. He could have just taken a man from the street for this purpose but where was the honor in that.

He opens the hole and removes the guard. He searches him first and removes any possession he might have. He also checks the clothes in case any of them are magical and allow the man to somehow escape, like for example his own vest.

Once done he manacles him with the masterwork manacles, binds him further with rope and put a hood on his head. He then slaps him around a bit until he wakes up.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

He has on a magic waistband and shirt, his armor is magical, as is his gun and short sword. You find (2d37)[22] gold in a coin purse. The man eventually rouses, lost and a little confused by the pain and darkness. "Why am I still alive?"
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #905

"Because you have managed to make me interested in you. What are you doing on guard duty? Your equipment, intelligence, dark soul and mannerisms are much above those of anyone I would expect to be sent on such a dreary assignment.

Perhaps you were there to ensure Dicarto doesnt escape but I am sure they know that Perry is too focused and lawful to do anything like that and worse I doubt you could have stopped him... which leads me to believe you are someone masquerading as a guard.

Being forthright might mean you get to live so please dont play games with me..."

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate (1d20+17)[20]

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey, look, thanks for the vote of confidence, but I am a member of the city watch. I just got in trouble for an indiscretion or two and am now non-grata with the bosses."

7. - Top - End - #907

"Interesting..." says Ishmael as he twists the mans hand behind his back.

"How about the truth this time?"

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

He grunts in pain at your ministrations. "Look, man, that's the truth!"

9. - Top - End - #909

"What did you do that resulted in your persona non-grata status? What were those indiscretions?" he asks severely annoyed.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

"Two little sluts accused me of forcing myself on them. Yeah, I screwed them, but it wasn't rape. They got off on it just as much as I did. It doesn't count as rape if they enjoy it."

11. - Top - End - #911

Ishmael smiles. That was nice... a rapist... well who better to sacrifice than such a man. Just had one thing to confirm even though he didnt really trust the cat...

Is this the one you felt with a dark delicious soul? You said you could not tell from among them but now that its only him you should be able to confirm it...

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, this is the one. Do we get to eat him?

13. - Top - End - #913

You do but not from me... he will be a present for the bigger you or however it works out with the deal you have with the skulks... remember? They need him to make sure we get to destroy all those blue goblin psychers. You win either way!

"Well then. Thank you for your honesty. I see now I made a mistake and will rectify it promptly." he responds and stabs the man with the merciful dagger.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

I've told you before, I am not actually the one the Shadow Spiders make contracts with. That is the OTHER servant of the Great One. Still, this should prove entertaining if not particularly satisfying.

You stab him and he falls unconscious again.

15. - Top - End - #915

Why would it prove entertaining? Is there some strange with this one or...?

And tell me more about this other. Is he like you or something completely different? Why for example were you kept in that iron chest as I was told and all that?

As he thinks towards the cat he also moves ahead with packing the man in the hole and heading for the skulk section of the sewers to deliver the man.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, my counterpart can perform some interesting tricks when he gets up to it. I will be entertained watching him.

He is like and yet unlike me. I am a burning desire, hunger, rage. He is a methodical, calculated planner. We both seek to bring about the coming of the Great one, he by blood and I by fire.

Assuming you take your usual precautions, your trip to the skulk territory is without incident.

17. - Top - End - #917

Methodical, calculating and a planner? It seems to me I picked the wrong one! jokes Ishmael. Perhaps I can have him join us? Or is it too crowded?

Ishmael indeed takes all such precautions and then delivers the man to the priests...

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry, but refresh me on what the priests are supposed to be doing with him. I'm afraid I've gotten your game crossed with another. Again.

He does not deign to associate himself with any single mortal. He barely considers your clan as a whole worthy of his attention.

19. - Top - End - #919

Spoiler
    Show

No worries. My plans do get convoluted and complicated. Where someone could do things simply I overcomplicate them sometimes to fit Ishmaels weird honor code.

Basically if you recall I had asked that we create a trap for the blue goblins by employing an anti-magic field and some form of dimensional anchor and bringing their comrade out of the extra dimensional space so they can sense him and try to rescue him.

The anti-magic would be needed cause without it I cant hope to fight 5 of those blue guys consious... so the Shadow Spider agreed to help me with the manpower and also to set up the anti-magic thing but he asked for a soul to be sacrificed so that their demon can provide those abilities for us...

Thing is Ishmael wouldnt just go up on the street and get a random guy to be sacrificed but he wanted someone crooked with a dark past... hence I went to find a nasty prisoner... and in the process I found the rapist guard instead which fits Ishmaels concept of what constitutes a vile criminal...

And for the detailed reference:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...246390&page=26

Interesting. I guess he prefers a quick way to power as opposed to a safe one then...

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, that's right. Thanks!

The priests accept the man with glee. "He will do wonderfully to unlock the powers we will need to entrap these goblins."

21. - Top - End - #921

"He will indeed." speaks Ishmael gravely.

"When do you think this will be ready and done? After we have confirmed the way and possibility of moving ahead we need to actually plan the ambush..."

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

"The preparations for the ritual will take an hour. Beyond that, we will be able to enact the rituals at any moment as long as the victim remains alive, about a week or so."

23. - Top - End - #923

"Splendid" speaks Ishmael as he heads for the main chambers, requesting to see the Shadow Spider.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

You are swiftly granted entrance.

25. - Top - End - #925

"The... sacrifice has been brought in." he says calmly.

"Now... you mentioned you will try to run this so I dont appear involved. The idea is simple, allow them to spirit glimpse their comrade and think he is still alive, let them come to us and then spring the trap using antimagic and dimensional anchor to stop them from leaving. I expect it might be more complicated than this though... I understand these blue goblins are special and will most likely come on their own but I do not know that for a fact, perhaps their 'brotherhood' operates alone. I also do not have a suitable enough space to do something like this... I was thinking we could employ one of the old Jacks facilities that you had raided. It fits the concept that he was captured by someone else and is far from the sewers to avoid direct suspicion...

Still you are much more wise and adept at strategy than myself so I would like to hear what you think will make this work..." he says.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

"There is a warehouse in Oldtown we can access that is run by the Korps. They do not frequent it often enough to get in our way tonight."

27. - Top - End - #927

"Good... we can set up there then. I shall return to inform the priests about the need of using the Blessing tonight. I will then head there to familiarise myself with the area and the warehouse and rest there for a while.

If possible send the others that are to help me by 10 tonight to also go over any details, I shall pull... the cat out of the bag at around 11 and hopefully when they start looking for him they will descend on us..." he suggests.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

"That sounds like a plan." He pauses. "You know, you have the sort of twisted cleverness that can take you far in our world. Just be careful not to reach too far too fast."

29. - Top - End - #929

Ishmael bows truly pleased to be praised by someone like the Shadow Spider.

"Thank you. I do hope those that care for me, either as an employee or otherwise will make sure to warn me when I reach too far too fast!" he says and smiles.

"In any case, with the destruction of the blue goblins we shall be one step closer to the death of the Khan. After they are removed I shall take a couple of days to prepare and then initiate the attacks by the Ratlings that will give us a cover to launch our own attack..." he says calmly already starting to plan that in his mind...

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well. I shall leave you to prepare yourself."