New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

Lo-Kag - Goliath Warden

The goliath paid little attention to the kobold's screeching at first, and focused on treating his wounds. Those little rats gave him a hell of a beating. Perhaps they weren't that worthless, after all.

"Goblins revel in cruelty, especially against other races. They are probably hostile towards the kobolds. We could have used it somehow, if we knew..." Lo-Kag said. "But, time is short. Where should we look for the... the thing now?"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem - Drow Sorcerer

"The temple maybe? ...We'd need allies for that though..."
    He turned to the Kobold and knelt down eye level with it. "Okay, we messed up. I'll admit it. We shouldn't have gone on the offensive, and we didn't realize your people were so sorely mistreated. However, we can try to make it up to you and your people. We are after an object which will ruin the lives for all races if the goblins find it. If you help us--not only will that help your people by weakening the goblin subjugation-- but we will do our best to repay our sins to you and the kin of those we've slain."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+5)[23]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

The kobold may not be very bright but it easily discerns your attempt to appeal to it. A sly grin crosses the creatures face. "It not me you must convince, me insignificant in big picture. Kobolds only listen to Nibbik, must speak to him. Maybe get on good side if find his son who go missing last night."
    Currently DMing:

Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

Valiant Hearts: IC OOC GS

Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.

4. - Top - End - #274

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem - Drow Sorcerer

He turns back to the group. "Seems fair enough. Look for the son while looking for the whatchamacallit." Then turns back to the Kobold. "Where was he last seen? Where does he usually frequent?"
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

5. - Top - End - #275

Attempting to shrug its shoulders the kobold realizes it can't due to the bonds still tightly coiled around it. "No one know. He disappear when big green outsiders come late last night."
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

6. - Top - End - #276

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem - Drow Sorcerer

"...Big...green...outsiders....You don't mean trolls, do you" Kerem asks with a visible quiver in his voice. "Which way did they come into the city last night?"

7. - Top - End - #277

Quizzically the kobold tilts its head. "Troll no like fire, right? These green people carry torches, also they tall but not big enough to be troll." Slipping a finger through the ropes the kobold points at Rex. "All stranger I see about your height."
    Last edited by Hircine; 2013-01-07 at 02:32 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

8. - Top - End - #278

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem furrows his brow in further confusion. "Do you know which way they went?"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Rex - Human Fighter

"Sounds like Hobgoblins to me... but I could be mistaken," Rex murmers. "We should try to avoid confronting them directly, try to take a more careful route."
    A party of adventurers walk into a bar. Except for the dwarf cleric, he walks under it.

I do remixes to music that everyone loves, check it out on my soundcloud:
    Soundcloud
    Youtube

10. - Top - End - #280

"No, me was scared. Hide soon as see them. Tell you all know, you let me go now please?
    Last edited by Hircine; 2013-01-07 at 05:38 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

11. - Top - End - #281

GreenSorcererElf

"You'll help us then?" Asks Kerem.

Spoiler
    Show
    Insight: (1d20-1)[8]

12. - Top - End - #282

"No too dangerous. Please just let go!
    Last edited by Hircine; 2013-01-08 at 05:23 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

13. - Top - End - #283

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem turn back to the rest of the group. "I say that's okay, what about you guys?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Eldon - Human Ardent

"I'm fine with that." He turns to the kobold. "You take word back to your people that we don't mean them harm. If we're left to find what we need, we'll leave your kind alone too." He reaches to untie the bonds, unless anyone else objects.

15. - Top - End - #285

Receiving no objections Eldon unties the bindings restricting the kobold's movement and returns the coil of rope to Rex. Gingerly rising to a standing position the kobold spends a few moments stretching out its sore anatomy. After getting its bearings again it gives the party a wide-eyed look before scurrying off down the alleyway.

With that business concluded you spend a few minutes consulting the map Treona had given you, and swiftly come to the realization that the shrines are just across the street. Sidling down the back street you see the kobold you'd just let go lying in a pool of blood with a sword sticking out of its chest. Four goblins including two on wolf back are standing over the body.

"Filthy rat! You should know better than to show your ugly face in day time! Keh! Keh! Keh! Maybe take body and feed to wolves in stables?"

One of the wolfriders eases over to the other goblin and jabs a finger into its chest. "If wolf get sick you going to clean up mess, Grugnak."

As the goblin rider moves to urge his animal forward its head tilts toward the parties direction, sniffing the air curiously. Catching a scent it starts growling fiercely which gets its handlers attention. "You smell more stink kobold, boy?"

OOC: Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a mini skill challenge where all I need is for three of you to pass DC 12 checks using whatever relevant skills you choose. For this particular problem I'd recommend: Acrobatics, Nature, Streetwise, and Stealth.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2013-01-11 at 06:44 AM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Eldon - Human Ardent

Eldon quickly scans the area, paying clse attention to the layout of the roads. He turns and whispers to the others. "Come on, this way, quickly. I bet there's another ally down here a little farther that we can use to move around them while we stay out of sight." He begins to lead the party toward a different back ally.

Spoiler
    Show
    Streetwise - (1d20+9)[29]

17. - Top - End - #287

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem - Drow Sorcerer

Kerem growls when he sees the Kobold's limp form and whispers "Dirty goblins. I'll see them burned." He then tries to follow Eldon into the shadows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+3)[6]

Edit: Or... Maybe he trips on a cat.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2013-01-11 at 11:00 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

Rex - Human Fighter

Rex waits for the rest of the group to enter the alleyway and takes out their map, trying to plan the most safe and elusive route to the shrine and evade their pursuer's eyes.

Spoiler
    Show

Streetwise: (1d20+5)[11]
    A party of adventurers walk into a bar. Except for the dwarf cleric, he walks under it.

Soundcloud
    Youtube

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lo-Kag - Goliath Warden

Lo-Kag stayed in the back of the group, taking care to mask whatever trails the group left.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nature: (1d20+10)[26]

20. - Top - End - #290

Lizardfolk

Rolan Berelain - Human Psion

Swiftly following his companions, Rolan attempts to gently prod the minds of the wolves in an effort to cloud their senses.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay! I'm finally back now! My wife and I were gone on vacation, but of course we both caught awful colds on the plane ride home so that kind of delayed some of my re-entry into all of my activities.

So I'm thinking maybe Bluff might be the right skill for that, but let me know if you'd prefer me use a different one.
    (1d20+7)[27]

Edit: Woo! Natural 20!
    Last edited by Dakaran; 2013-01-16 at 04:13 PM.
    Print and Play Minis | iheartprintandplay | Retired as of 2018, but my entire public collection of monsters, PCs, NPCs, environment pieces, and other supplements are still freely available (see links in top sticky post)
    Homebrew Projects | Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #291

Eldon doubles back leading the party down a secondary side street. Lo-Kag covers up the party's tracks to throw off the wolfrider while Rolan clouds their minds allowing crucial time for his team to evade detection.

Trotting into the alley the goblin and its beast look around extensively trying to locate the group. After a few moments of light searching the goblin becomes bored, strikes the wolf in frustration, and leads it back onto the main road.

"You waste me time, stupid beast! No dinner for you tonight!"

The small band of goblins then makes their way toward the nearby stables.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

22. - Top - End - #292

With the coast now clear you make your way across the deserted street toward the temple district. Judging by the state of decay it's clear that the goblins haven't been here since they sacked the city eight years ago. Both temples are covered in tangles of moss and faded goblin graffiti.

OOC: Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have two choices. You can visit the temple of Sehanine first or the temple of Pelor.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Eldon - Human Ardent

Eldon stands looking back and forth between the two temples, carefully considering the options. Eventually, he gestures toward the temple of Sehanine with his polearm. "My gut says there. Sehanine is among other things a goddess of secrets. The stone we're looking for is a secret. What better place?"
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2013-01-21 at 09:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

Rex - Human Fighter

Rex pauses and thinks for a moment about what Eldon has suggested then says, "I was going to suggest Pelor's temple, it seemed safer. However your logic is sounds and it's not my place to argue. The temple of Sehanine seems the better choice."

Soundcloud
    Youtube

25. - Top - End - #295

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem - Drow Sorcerer

Kerem stared in confusion at both temples, "I don't know these above-world-gods, but I suppose your reasoning makes sense."

26. - Top - End - #296

Lizardfolk

Rolan agrees by simply adding, "It's as good a place as any to continue our search."
    Print and Play Minis | iheartprintandplay | Retired as of 2018, but my entire public collection of monsters, PCs, NPCs, environment pieces, and other supplements are still freely available (see links in top sticky post)
    Homebrew Projects | Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lo-Kag - Goliath Warden

Lo-Kag starts carefully approaching the temple of Sehanine. "We better get going now, before more goblins start looking for us."

28. - Top - End - #298

Pulling away some of the underlying growth covering the door you pry the rustic metal doors open. Crossing the threshold, you close the double doors behind you in the hopes of keeping away unwanted attention, The price you pay for this convenience is being shrouded in complete darkness that only Kerem's eyes can see through. A foul aroma that can only be described as decay assaults your nostrils while flies buzz around noisily.

OOC: Kerem
    Spoiler
    Show
    You spot the body of a kobold several feet away.

OOC: Passive Perception 14
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chattering squeaks disturb the otherwise tranquil temple.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

29. - Top - End - #299

GreenSorcererElf

"Gaak! What an awful stench! No wonder, I see a rotting Kobold corpse nearby, but...surely one couldn't stink up this place so much..." He trails off, as memories of vicious monsters of the underdark fill his memories. "Someone find a torch. I don't like this place." he says to nobody in particular as his keen Elven eyes flit all over the place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20-1)[19]

30. - Top - End - #300

OOC: Kerem
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a couple of tentative steps forward you find the bodies of more kobolds strewn all across the floor and over many of the temple pews. Blood and gore most likely from the deceased creatures paint much of the room. Moving closer to investigate one of the bodies you notice bite marks over ninety percent of the body, a great deal of flesh also appears to have been eaten off the corpse.

Standing up you see multiple pairs of small beady eyes watching you in the darkness. Upon realizing that you've notice them they scurry off in different directions.Chattering squeaks can then be heard piercing the otherwise silent ruins.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.