New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

Rolan Berelain - Human Psion

Rolan suppresses any notion of joy at seeing kobolds falling to the ground or concern at a dangerous looking kobold slink closer. Rolan expertly retreats from the kobold only to throw forward his mind with incredible force in an attempt to rupture the beasts mind outright.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Slide to E12
    Standard: Mind Thrust with 2 Power Points vs Slink's Will
    Attack: (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage: (2d10+7)[23] and target takes -2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn

Without waiting, Rolan projects his mind outward again in a seemingly wild fashion in an attempt to wreak more destruction of the mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm using an action point to use Mind Thrust again. If the Slink is still alive, I'll target that. If it's dead, I'll target the Minion at D17.
    Action Point: Mind Thrust vs Will (If targeting the Slink and it was hit by my first attack, it has -2 to all defenses)
    Attack: (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[15]
    Print and Play Minis | iheartprintandplay | Retired as of 2018, but my entire public collection of monsters, PCs, NPCs, environment pieces, and other supplements are still freely available (see links in top sticky post)
    Homebrew Projects | Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #242

Rolan, set on turning things around, mindfully takes a step back from the slink before ravaging its mind with his psionic power. Unable to stand up to the psion's mental assault the kobold falls to the ground, writhing in excruciating agony. Moments later the kobold’s body ceases moving indicating death.

Seeing one enemy fall compels the psion to strike another blow against the kobold menace. Projecting his mind outward he settles on the kobold that has been harassing his ally, Kerem. Once again he finds himself easily able to penetrate the kobold’s lesser mind, destroying the beast’s brain instantly. The kobold didn’t even realize anything was wrong until blood began pouring from every orifice on its face and by then it was too late. It topples over with its hand still pointing at Kerem and a silly grin on its face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The skirmisher explodes with rage over the loss of its brethren and rushes the first enemy in sight, Rex. Recklessly swinging its spear the kobold hopes to deal a fatal blow. Rex unable to dodge the kobold's wild thrusts is pierced in several vital areas, wounding the warrior severely. The spilling of blood returns some level of sense to the kobold who quickly takes a step back.

Cut off from its allies by the Goliath's earth shattering attack forces the remaining minion back up the stairs to higher ground. Reaching into its belt the kobold collects another javelin which it directs right for the giant's heart. As the sharp implement pierces Lo-Kag the kobold begins jumping around victoriously until it realizes that the large being was completely unharmed.

Enemy Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SK2
    Move: Move to F21
    Standard: Attack Rex with Spear
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[22]
    Damage: (1d8)[3]
    Minor: Shifty to

M5
    Move: Move to I15
    Standard: Attack Lo-Kag with Javelin
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage: 4

Rex you need to free yourself if you plan on getting back into the fight!
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: S1, Eldon, Kerem, Lo-Kag, SK1, Rolan, SK2, M5, Rex
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-12-04 at 03:38 AM.
    Currently DMing:

Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

Valiant Hearts: IC OOC GS

Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Rex - Human Fighter

With the assistance of Eldon, Rex struggles free from the goo and mutters a short "Thanks," before swinging violently at a nearby kobold.

Spoiler
    Show

Save vs Immobilisation in OOC thread

Standard
    Footwork Lure on Kobold skirmisher in G19: (1d20+9)[12] vs AC; Damage (1d10+17)[25] (whoops, wrong modifier, should be 15 damage (doubt it hit though =( )); if I am able, (I know I'm unable to move, but not sure if this counts) shift into G19.
    Last edited by Locklear; 2012-12-05 at 11:38 AM.
    A party of adventurers walk into a bar. Except for the dwarf cleric, he walks under it.

I do remixes to music that everyone loves, check it out on my soundcloud:
    Soundcloud
    Youtube

4. - Top - End - #244

Rex still rooted in place by the sticky substance is only able to manage a wild swing at the nearby skirmisher. The attack clearly goes wide of the mark, much to the warrior's dismay. Fortunately he is finally able to free himself from the adhesive that has been holding him in place.

Unable to reach safer ground the slinger is forced to switch out its sling for the dagger on its hip. Letting out a ferocious string of yips the kobold lunges at Eldon. Simply taking a step back allows the Ardent to stay out of reach of the tiny bladed weapon.

Enemy Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Draw Dagger
    Minor: Shifty to H20
    Standard: Attack Eldon with Dagger
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[4]

Eldon, Kerem, and Lo-Kag can jump back into the fray.
    Battle Map

OOC: Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    I may have mentioned this before but if your move corresponds with another player you may act in any order.

OOC: Lo-Kag
    Spoiler
    Show
    The slinger's attack sets off your mark so you get a triggered action.

Last edited by Hircine; 2012-12-07 at 12:42 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lo-Kag - Goliath Warden

Lo-Kag saw an opportunity to attack when the slinger ignored him. He striked with an overhead blow, which should distract the kobold and make him an easy target.

He turned around and faced the other kobold, who was currently more of a threat. He aimed another heavy blow at his opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Warden's Fury on Slinger (vs Fortitude):
    Attack: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[10]
    The Slinger grants CA until the end of turn when hit.
    Weight of Earth on Skirmisher:
    Attack: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[10]
    And marking everybody.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem - Drow Sorcerer

Kerem slides around the table to engage the other skirmisher. With a gleam in his eye he fires a flaming bolt at it.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to C20
    Chaos Bolt, Cha vs Will Skirmisher 2
    Attack (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage (1d10+5)[6]
    Secondary Attack if I rolled an even number vs Will Skirmisher 1
    Attack (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage (1d6+5)[8]
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-12-08 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

7. - Top - End - #247

GreenSorcererElf

As flames engulf the first two, they continue to leap onto a third target. However they lose their potency.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chaos Bolt Tertiary attack, Cha vs Will
    Attack (1d20+5)[9] vs Slinger Will
    Damage (1d6+5)[6]
    Fourth Attack if I rolled an even number
    Attack (1d20+5)[17] vs Slirmisher 2 Will
    Damage (1d6+5)[10]
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-12-08 at 10:09 AM.
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Eldon - Human Ardent

Eldon shifts around hoping to cut off the slinger's escape routes. Then Eldon brings his halberd around in a wide arc hoping to cut off the slinger's head. If the attack hits, Rex feels a small surge of hope increasing his will to continue fighting.

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to H21

Energizing Strike on Slinger. Attack vs AC - (1d20+8)[28] A hit does damage - (1d10+4)[5] and gives Rex 4 temp hp.

Edit: Crit! Make that 14 damage
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2012-12-08 at 10:34 AM.

9. - Top - End - #249

Lo-Kag unleashes his primal fury against the slinger, nearly cleaving the beast in two. Pivoting his feet the goliath then delivers a massive strike to the skirmisher, sending blood flying in every direction.

Kerem confidently strides into the room with magical energy leaping from his fingertips. Once he gets that gleam in his eye the drow fires a bolt of energy right for the nearest kobold. A screech of anguish escapes the reptile as it is seared by the drow's attack. The creature's agony only fuels the sorcerer as he looses another bolt at the other skirmisher. This time his strike slams right into the kobold's chest, knocking the wind out of it.

Eldon moves around to cut off the slinger's avenue of retreat. The ardent then swings his weapon in one swift motion, separating the kobold's head from its body.

Panic has set in on for the mortally wounded skirmisher. Surrounded and with no avenue to flee it takes a wild stab at Lo-Kag hoping to end the massive man's life. The spear penetrates the goliath's defenses inflicting a painful, bleeding wound.

Enemy Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SK1
    Standard: Attack Lo-Kag with Spear
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage: (1d8)[8]

Rolan can you end this battle?
    Battle Map
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-12-10 at 08:20 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

10. - Top - End - #250

Lizardfolk

Rolan Berelain

After dispatching the pair of kobolds in the hallway, Rolan rushes towards the room up ahead. Reaching its threshold he turns to the nearest kobold inside and lashes out with a powerful mental assault.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolan moves to D17 and attacks Skirmisher 1 (in G19).
    Mind Thrust vs Skirmisher 1's Will: (1d20+6)[21]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[8]
    Print and Play Minis | iheartprintandplay | Retired as of 2018, but my entire public collection of monsters, PCs, NPCs, environment pieces, and other supplements are still freely available (see links in top sticky post)

11. - Top - End - #251

Rolan hurries into the living room ready to administer the final blow to the already depleted band of kobolds. Brimming with psionic energy he lashes out at the kobold skirmisher in the worst shape. Unable to muster up any sort of resistance the reptile crumbles to the floor in a heap.

Watching its partner slump over breaks whatever resolve the skirmisher had left. Dropping its spear it bolts out the door onto the streets of Gorizbadd. Now alone the remaining minion disarms and bounds over to Rolan pleading for its life in broken common.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well done! Combat is over unless you'd like to give chase to the other skirmisher. The majority of the kobold force has been killed though you do currently have a prisoner. You each gain 200 XP, however unfortunately since you let a kobold escape you receive a failure to remain hidden in the city.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-12-15 at 09:57 AM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Rex - Human Fighter

Rex sheaths his sword and gets himself free of the last of the goo that was keeping him in place during the fight muttering to himself about the cheap tactics of kobolds. He walks over to Rolan and the kobold and pushes the creature off Rolan and to the floor. He looks at everyone and says, "We need to move, either we follow the one that got away or we hide elsewhere. It'll surely raise an alarm and this'll be the first place they look." Rex then turns his attention back to the kobold on the floor, watching it carefully.
    A party of adventurers walk into a bar. Except for the dwarf cleric, he walks under it.

Soundcloud
    Youtube

13. - Top - End - #253

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem - Drow Sorcerer

Kerem growls as he sees the other Kobold run into the street. "We're going to have company in a minute, I suggest we grab our hostage and go!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Survey the street: Perception: [roll]1d20-1[/roll]
    Streetwise: [roll]1d20+5[/roll]
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-12-15 at 09:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    Survey the street: Perception: (1d20-1)[19]
    Streetwise: (1d20+5)[7]

15. - Top - End - #255

Pulling back the faded drapes at the closest window you peer out onto the street. Surprisingly the streets are still and no signs of movement can be detected. A more detailed look around reveals a nearly hidden alleyway that would allow for a quick escape if needed.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

16. - Top - End - #256

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem - Drow Sorcerer

"I found a hidden alleyway, we should get out of here quick!" He pauses as he surveys and a wicked grin fills his face. "Forgive me, I think we still have time to search our foes."

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20-1)[6]

17. - Top - End - #257

Moving amongst the dead Kerem searches each of the kobolds for whatever valuables they are carrying. The drow finds twenty-one gold pieces, sixty-five silver pieces, a gem worth forty gold pieces, and what appears to be an enchanted amulet.

OOC: Arranis
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll need an Arcana check from you or someone else in the group to determine what it is.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

18. - Top - End - #258

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem -Drow Sorcerer

Kerem looks over the amulet, "Isn't this a pretty little trinket!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana: (1d20+5)[12]

19. - Top - End - #259

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana check replaces 3.5's Knowledge Arcana, right? Anyway, I'm tying up the Kobold. Thievery: (1d20+1)[14]

20. - Top - End - #260

Acquiring Rex's coil of rope you are able to bound your prisoner, who suprisingly doesn't try to evade capture. It clearly understands it's at the party's mercy and that behaving gives it the best chance at survival.

OOC: Kerem
    Spoiler
    Show
    The magical trinket is actually an Amulet of Protection.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

21. - Top - End - #261

After the prisoner has been secured and the bodies searched you all make the decision to move on before more of the reptiles arrive. Having Lo-Kag carry the kobold you hurry out the front door and into a nearby alleyway that Kerem points out. Concealing yourselves along the side street you wait for the kobold reinforcements to show. Ten rather tense minutes pass without anyone or anything moving along the street. This leads you to believe that the kobolds are either unwilling or unable to act, which gives you a brief window of opportunity to dress your wounds and interrogate the captive.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

22. - Top - End - #262

Lizardfolk

Rolan Berelain - Human Psion

Taking advantage of the moment's peace, Rolan attempts to delve into the kobold's mind to see if he knows anything about the stone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Insight: (1d20+7)[14]

23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground

Rex - Human Fighter

Once 'safe', Rex sits down and wipes his wounds clean. He watches as Rolan searched the kobold's mind for information and waits to see if a traditional interrogation takes place, one he might be of use in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spend 2 healing surges.

Soundcloud
    Youtube

24. - Top - End - #264

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem - Drow Sorcerer

Kerem clasps the amulet around his neck and surveys the side street. "Heh. Sneaking in the shadows, kidnapping innocents, and now we're interrogating him. Are you sure we're on the right side of the law?" He says with an evil grin across his face.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-12-28 at 12:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Eldon - Human Ardent

Eldon sighs heavily. "I doubt there's many laws left in this town, well at least any laws beyond do what the boss wants or get a beat down."

He moves over and sits down next to the kobold. "We really don't want to attack any more of your kind if we can avoid it. You attacked us, we defeneded ourselves. It is as simple as that. Now there is a trinket here, something that you and the goblins probably don't know anything about, but we want it. So, if you'll give us the information we need we can leave you somewhere where your friends will find you and be on our way without any more damage to you or your kind. What do you say? Will you help us?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying good cop first. If that doesn't work, then maybe we'll have to switch to bad cop.

diplomacy - (1d20+9)[16]

26. - Top - End - #266

"You liars! You attack us first! We only searching for chief son, who disappear last night when big green's come. Me don't know what you looking for and don't care! If knew what was wouldn't tell YOU!!!" the kobold screeches sticking out its tongue.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you've forgotten you engaged the kobolds first and they defend themselves. If you'd gone about the situation diplomatically you might not have had to fight them.

OOC: Rolan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infiltrating the kobold's mind proves no trouble, but sifting through the creature's memories is quite a chore. When you are finished it is certain that this reptile has no knowledge of the slaying stone's existence or current location.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2013-01-02 at 06:34 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

27. - Top - End - #267

Lizardfolk

Rolan - Human Psion

Speaking to the group Rolan says "The kobold speaks the truth. He knows nothing of use to us." Turning to the kobold Rolan looks the creature in the eye. "Are their more of you here in the village?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Insight: (1d20+7)[22]
    Basically, I'm interested in knowing if there are more kobolds that could potentially help us search for the stone. The enemy of my enemy is my friend as the saying goes.

28. - Top - End - #268

"We forced to live in slums where goblin no go much. Only go out at night to avoid greenskin patrols. Leader is Nibbik, he watches over all kobolds in Gorizbadd."
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

29. - Top - End - #269

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem - Drow Sorcerer

Kerem furrows his brow in confusion. "Looking for Chief's son? Slums? What's he talking about? Are these kobolds kept as second class citizens under the goblins?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Rex - Human Fighter

Rex speaks up, "Wouldn't surprise me. You saw that guy back there. If they treat their own like that, there's no telling how they'd treat outsiders." He moves to a window to keep a watch on what is happening outside. "We need to move soon, were wasting a lot of time..."

Soundcloud
    Youtube