New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Reign IC

Decibelle rockets towards the Meta-Grue at top speed, I fist crackling with sonic energies stretched out before her.

Sonic Fist - (1d20+12)[13] Autofire and charge attack, so -2 defense.
    Initiative - (1d20+2)[5]

And punches a huge hole in the pavement. It's a pretty big hole and would be really impressive if Earth was being invaded by pavement monsters, but sadly the Earth is being invaded by aliens. "Oh god, I hope nobody saw that." She looks up at the Meta-Grue who is probably laughing at the resistance this Earth has been able to offer up. "I got him! That big nasty spider won't be troubling you anymore! Did I mention that I'm here to negotiate peacefully?"
    Last edited by Da Beast; 2013-01-11 at 03:44 AM.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

'Well... That's a plan of sorts.' Vagrant muttered to Shade as the rest of the group sped off downward 'Do I really do this for a living? It seems-' He caught himself suddenly, somehow saying 'suicidal' to a ghost seemed bad form. 'Risky' he finished lamely. 'I hope it pays well at least.'

Still, every profession in the world share one thing in common. Priority assessment.

'I know you can do illusions too Shade, so back me up on this one. Help me sell it.'

A wave of a hand, a flashing of fingers, a touch to his temples and an image conjured within his mind, then an accusing finger levelled at the cache of bombs and that image became real.

The bombs disappeared.

Spoiler
    Show
    Illusion 10, over as many of the bombs as can be. Make it appear they are no longer there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh god, I hope nobody saw that."
    There, there. Decibelle would get a transparent unoticable sympathetic pat on the shoulder if it wasn't for all the cyborgs around and the city being possibly destroyed and those sort of distraction. Ass kicking deficiency happens to all superheroes, especialy when you start. 'Even the centurion sometime punched walls'. It's nothing to be ashamed off.

'Do I really do this for a living? It seems-' 'Risky'
    "Just one week ago you and another person killed an army of hundreds of zombies almost all by yoursleves."

Shade looks around the battlefield. She's actualy kind of impressed; in a grim 'we're screwed' kind of way.

A bunch of superhero stands against ridculously overwhelming numbers happens all the time. And even win against all odds. In the battle of Claremont a few dozens of superheroes standed against a few hundreds of superskrulls. Well except that metasoul had summoned an army of alternates metas before the battle, so they were more like a hundre of heroes. And a huge artillery support dudrng the battle. And six peoples defended Camelot? Six people and an army of ghostly holy knights.

And the zombie things. "Of course you were hyped on divine power at the time" And there was the incarnation oflife itself or close enough near. And the zombies turned to dust as soon as their master died. That might have helped.

Four people against thoudands alien cyborgs with unknown capacities and a large spaceship. Even by ridiculously asymetrical battle, so far that's going to be a pretty one sided one.
    One has to be kind of curious to see what someone is going to pull out to win that one. "I don't suppose you have an army of elementals stashed in your staff ?"

Help me sell it
    Shade isn't exactly sure what Vagrant's exact plan is here, but she plays along (though she doescringe a bit hopping the Metagrue didn't hear any of that, illusions don't work so well when you announce it out loud.). Making the bombs invisible isn't going to stop them from exploding but distracting the metagrue however might give time to disable those bombs.

When the ominious machinery disapears there's a slight ozone smell and a faint sound, the same sound Shade came to associate with teleportation every time Dare uses his staff. If the metagrue is to look on the rooftops looking over the east of the battlefield, he would see two silhouettes. one fidling with a staff and the other stading with one hand over his hat and the other raised in the air in the confident stance she alway remembered him having. Two known telporters, Dr dare and Cael the time lord.

Spoiler
    Show
    All senses Illusions rank (5)
    Extra: Duration; Flaw: Phantasm, progression (2)

Don't know if duration (allows to maintain dynamic illusion as a free action +2 ranks of duration are enough to create an auditive illusion near the metagrue and another to creat an illusion in another direction.
    If not I'll use a hero point to stunt in the 'split attack' power feat' to it)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-01-11 at 05:48 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Freedom Plaza - Freedom City

Meta-Grue sees Decibelle and roars out as he grows to a fifty foot tall behemoth

"HOW DARE YOU ATTACK THE META-GRUE! PAY, CHAMPION OF EARTH, FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!"

The now gigantic alien warrior brings down his boot on top of Decibelle in an effort to squish her like a bug!

As Meta-Grue attacks he sees the Cyborgs double back and panic over the apparently disappearing bombs

"Meta-Mind dammit! There must be more of their champions nearby who did this! Find them and destroy them!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[17]
    DC 29 Toughness Save on a hit.

Will Save: (1d20+9)[29] vs. DC 20
    Will Save: (1d20+9)[25] vs. DC 15
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-01-12 at 04:15 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

5. - Top - End - #575

Decibelle's miss turns into a blessing as she is able to duck just deep enough into the hole to avoid the giant boot coming down on her head. "No, are you listening? I already got the spider!" She throws another punch, hoping to shatter the alien's giant ankle.

Auto fire - (1d20+10)[17]

A pair of sonic blasts erupt around her fist as she makes contact with the giant alien.

Edit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Base damage is 10, I'm pretty sure that auto fire is +1 damage for every 2 you exceed the enemy's defense, so it should be DC 26.
    Last edited by Da Beast; 2013-01-12 at 06:49 PM.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Decibelle

Spoiler
    Show
    That's a hit, his Defense at full size if +5, so DC 15 to hit. What's the damage DC of that attack?
    Loki Avatar by Me

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

Shade looks at the metagrue. Someone just buffed up big time, looks very dangerous. Kinda gives her an idea...

Shade flies in direction of the big guy then hovers around his head. She doesn't really like doing that. It just feel so weird and moraly pretty wrong (and yet alway so tempting at the same time, just to be able to feel agan...). But everything's fair in war.
    She raise her arm back dramaticaly as if she was about to do a magic trick before suddenly plunging it in the back of the alien's head, reaching to his brains with her fingers. She feel herself starting to slightly dissolve into the meat container in front of her, her essence to disperse and overtake. It's not objects she can possess.

Spoiler
    Show

Possession (9), accurate (5), subtle
    Attack roll if needed (1d20+10)[25] (I doubt he can see her so she probaly take him flatfooted)
    Will save difficulty 9 to ressit possession.

-Two points to get two ranks of conspiracy theorist feat.
    Utterly useless but oh so fun

-One point to get the ritualist feat

-Two points to put her 'Poltergeisting power array from 35 to 37.

-Three points for raising some skills:

knowlege (law) 2 ranks (+2 int bonus: 4)
    knowlege (technology) 1 rank (+2=3
    knowlege behavioral sciences 2 ranks (+2=4)
    +1 rank knowlege (supernatural, magic) (total of 5)
    +2 steath

(I realise most of the other characters alredy have those knowlege better, I just feel it makes sense for her to have gained some knowlege in a few field seeing as she gained faint memories from her alternate self who was more overall skilled.
    Also a bit of behavioral science makes somewhat intinctive sense for womewhat who is able to emply abilities that are somewhat akin to psychic powers, I feel.)

Disable device 3 ranks
    Acrobatic 1 rank
    Complelty useless seeing as she can pass through wall and she flies but hey given her past/alternate life, it once again make sense she'd have some remains of those skills)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-01-12 at 09:04 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Vagrant shook his head 'Given half an hour I might be able to summon enough elementals to slow that lot down. We don't have half an hour.'

He stepped forward to the edge of the roof, still struggling to take in the magnitude of what he was seeing. So many interesting ways to risk my neck.

'At least the bombs are out of play.' He reached back to his braid and flipped it over his shoulder, his fingers traced along the long length of hair, gently touching each of the bound trinkets in turn. Each had a particular resonance, both familiar and unfamiliar to him. He knew if his memory was returned it would take only seconds to select those he required. It was not returned however and he took what seemed an eternity to find the combination he required.

He selected a piece of twisted metal and a red ribbon, he threw his braid back over his shoulder and it started to untwine with the sudden movement. 'Ragabash, attend my words! He wrapped the ribbon about the metal, carefully that not a single glimmer of steel would remain once he was finished 'Help her!' A more malicious spirit, or one more cruelly bound, would deliberately 'misunderstand' such a poorly worded command. Ragabash was neither, a trickster spirit true, one that revelled in the humiliation of others, but not one that would captiously endanger life.

A wisp of tightly wound air, almost invisible to the naked eye, streaked downward toward Decibelle and Meta-Grue. Suddenly there was no air for the Meta-Grue to breath.

Meanwhile Vagrant has bitten down hard on his thumb, the thick ruby of blood produced is rubbed into the ribbon's fabric 'You might wanna cover your ears.'

So many interesting ways to risk my life. He threw himself off the roof.

It suddenly seemed a lot higher up as he hurtled downward, the air howled past his ears like a thousand hungry banshees and water sprung into his eyes This is so stupid. At the last second he teleported.

Suddenly he was arching over Decibelle and Meta-Grue. His direction had changed, but not his velocity. He was a blur as he passed overhead.

He threw the twisted metal and stained fabric. With an aim that was almost purely supernatural and timing both shocking and sublime it intersected between the Grue's ankle and Decibelle's fist.

Like a gutted candle that suddenly flares into a blazzing firework the sonic blasts splutter out and then suddenly return ten fold.

And a second later Vagrant arrives back atop the rooftop in a crumpled heap with a thud and a groan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Power stunting to improve duration of illusion (Last turn) to sustained.

Elemental uses suffocation 10 on the meta-grue

Hero point to add an alternative power to magic: Boost 5 for Decibelle, you can probably guess which power.

The teleporting is just to be cool, but I've got move-by action so I can do it
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Decibelle, Vagrant & Shade

Under Decibelle's assault the behemoth Meta-Grue screams out in agony.

A moment later Shade slips into synapses and temporarily subsumes his heart and mind like a forest fire eating up a campfire.

Something she immediately regrets when a spirit of wind and trickery from the 5th realm of Iocanthos begins to suffocate her new form, an experience she has not had the pleasure of experiencing in a very long time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Meta-Shade is Stunned + Bruised + Possessed + Suffocating.

He/She can't act this turn, must make a DC 11 Fortitude save on Shade/Meta-grue's next turn or lose consciousness, is at a -1 to Defense, Attack rolls, reflex saves, can only make a standard or a move action on his/her turn and can only move at half his/her movement rate.

Toughness Save: (1d20+17)[20] vs. DC 26
    Will Save: (1d20+9)[16] vs. DC 19
    Fortitude Save (Suffocation): (1d20+8)[12] vs. DC 20
    Fortitude Save (Suffocation (On his turn)): (1d20+8)[17] vs. DC 10
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-01-13 at 02:04 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

The pain in her neck.

Burning smell. Daedalus armor crashed.. Captain thunder lying against the statue. Broken corpses.

No air. Her lungs feels like they are burning.

Not a chance. Man grabbing her. Cold cruelty. His smile. His eyes.

Soon the crushing.
    Not again

Her new body chocking ad locked into a flashback of the last minute before her death (which she got to relive twice today, it has really not been a good day.), MetaShade can only emit a strangled sound of panick and rage while desperatly trying to claw around her neck in an attempt to get rid of the strangling hold over her neck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice teamwork here.
    Welp, So much for the 'take over the commander and make him retreat his troops to get the others some breathing air while they prepare something.
    Have fun with the thousands of cyborgs remaining

Fortitude against suffocation (1d20+12)[24] DC 10

Can't think of a reason for Decibelle not to paunch him while he's stunned, so, in the immortal words: FINISH HIM !

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

11. - Top - End - #581

Seeing the behemoth gasping and struggling above her Decibelle calls out "How about another?" before rocketing upwards to punch him in the jaw.

auto fire, charge - (1d20+12)[17]

Spoiler
    Show
    So I figure that if he's 50 ft tall I can make a charge attack from his feet to his head. Defense is at 16 again.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Vagrant gingerly pushed himself upright, then collapsed in pain. This was a mistake, his hissed intake of breath choked in his lungs as he hit the floor again. Carefully he flipped onto his back and ran a finger lightly down his ribs One, two, three

Ow!

Four. Well, if it wasn't fractured before it is now.

Breathing was hard, it felt like someone heavy was sitting on his chest, only they were stabbing him in the side at the same time. Gritting his teeth he forced himself up into a sitting position 'I'm really wishing I'd taken that pretty nurse with me now.'

He got up, momentarily sure the pain would force him from conscienceness. It didn't. 'She could have helped me up if nothing else. And what's the point of saving the world if you don't get the girl?'

Walking was less painful, like someone holding your feet in a fire instead of covering you in gasoline. It was still a long trek to the edge 'Unless I already have a girl I suppose.'

Who are you talking to?

'Shut up you, I'm clearly not thinking properly.'

Banging your head again wouldn't have helped. Smooth move by the way. The fight is going well. The bombs are out of play and it looks like the leader's down

He started seeing stars

'It's hardly over yet though, they're still coming.

Give them some gasoline

A bitter smile passed over his lips 'I don't know if you're me or if I'm me... But that's not a bad idea.'

He thought he was gritting his teeth before, but now he set them as firmly as enamel walls. His fingers went to his 4th rib and pushed down, hard, hard as he could. The pain was worse than he imagined. His reserve broke and he cried out in agony. Those pale lips and white walls separated and anguish, confusion and pure blazing pain roared forth.

Then he vomited magic, searing white flames conjured purely from pain and need gushed forth from his mouth. He did not need to incant, or even point, the pain-magic did it all for him, subsuming his senses until it was all out.

Then it swept down into the assembled horde.

Forgetting his rib he collapsed again, and then swiftly remembered it with another stab of pain.

Meanwhile the white fire globe exploded amid the cyborgs, burning flesh and fusing electronics

Spoiler
    Show
    Power stunting again to add progression to my cloud area effect power, widening it's effect to 50 feet radius. It's centred immediately before the 'off ramp' for the ship. It remains in place for another turn. Power level 10, damage 10, reflex to half.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2013-01-13 at 08:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Decibelle, Vagrant & Shade

As Vagrant brings down a hail of fire and death on those Cyborg still near the transports a figure shoots through the air at a break neck speed, arching towards the army of half machine aliens.

It's Sam Alie, the 'pretty nurse.'

Vagrant thinks.

Sam Alie

S A M A L I E

I A M S E A L

I am Seal

Well that answers one question and raises considerably more. Wait . . . Seal can't take on an army of cyborgs, she might . . . it might not be able to take even one so why . . . The Battle-Brutes . . . If Seal's form is damaged enough Seal will become an immobile rift to the dimension of the Battle Brutes. Sam is sacrificing herself to open a rift to allow through Battle-Brutes to fight the Cyborgs.

As this is going on Decibelle's fists collide with Meta-Shade's face, but the flight assisted uppercut isn't enough to significantly damage the super-grue form. Thankfully for Decibelle's new friend Shade's sake.

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save: (1d20+16)[27] vs. DC 26
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-01-13 at 08:47 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam Alie

S A M A L I E

I A M S E A L

I am Seal

'Seal? What's that sup-' his words drifted away and his eyes went distant.

Seal

He fell into a stream of memories. A battlefield, the FLI fighting an army of robots under a red moon. An old foe. A face distorted in anguish. The feel of a soul draining away.

Eldritch. His name was Eldritch. I killed him, no worse than killed him. I consumed his soul.

No. Not consumed.

Seal

A fluttering light, a ghostly chiming. A potent barrier.

Seal

A beacon of good for all mankind, his second greatest magical accomplishment. A thing of white light and dazzling wings.

The Human Spirit

No. That was wrong. He felt before he was drowning in the memory river, now suddenly it felt more like crashing over rapids. He had seen the wrong thing, confused one image of his creation, a beautiful white shining thing, with another. Frustration roiled the 'waters' and his confusion leaked out into the torrent, worsening it's turbulence.

Seal
    Seal
    Seal

He found the right place again and the stream stopped throwing him about. A fluttering light, a ghostly chiming. A potent barrier. Something he killed a man to make.

I was sealing something away, but what?

The army of robots again. A numberless horde. a juggernaut that cannot be controlled and crushes all before it. Burnished steel, red under a red moon, red with the blood of innocent and guilty alike.

The Warborn

Suddenly he was back in his own body. Seal was sacrificing itself to free the Warborn! It was a plan he had kept at the back of his mind for three years, something he sometimes had nightmares about. To free the Warborn to save a planet from a fate worse than total destruction (And well did he know there were many things worse than that). He pointed two fingers, power glowed at their tips, ready to shatter Seal.

Suddenly the power dies away. He is shocked at himself. How could he have planned such a thing? How could he do such a thing to his own child, or as close as he had to one?

Seal is only a spell. Only a spell

The glow of power returned and began to blossom. Sam's face came into his mind and he faltered again. Seal had never spoken before, at least not in such a human way, it had displayed little curiosity about the world, it displayed little sense of intelligence or self awareness.

Sam Alie

He could have sacrificed Seal yesterday, or any other day, he knows that, he knows he has always known it.

But today he met Sam Alie. Today he has seen that Seal is every bit as alive, sentient and real as himself. And like the mother who turns her back on dozens to save her own child he finds he cannot do it. He cannot sacrifice her... it. He cannot allow it to sacrifice itself. He has created life, he owes utter loyalty to that life.

No! Seal no!'

He has been acting like a novice, each application of magic has used significant excess energy. Wasted mana has been splashed about like he was a child in a swimming pool. Without his usual skill he has burnt through his reserves in no time at all. Desperation lent him determination, and determination will often win out against strength or skill.

Another teleport and he is beside Seal. 'Aun's second song of creation! Shielding dome!'

A shimmering force wall surrounds them both, he turns to 'Sam' and grips her arm, fright and concern lent anger to his words 'What the hell do you think you're doing?'

Spoiler
    Show
    Teleport down to Seal. Create object 10 to surround us both.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

The Battle of Freedom Plaza - Freedom City

The already quite badly hurt Seal splits blood onto the ground

"We've got an army locked up in me, and there's a moderate chance that you can put me back together when I turn into a rift anyway. Your magic might be able to put a pretty sizable dent in their forces but they'll keep coming and you and those other heroes over their need every bit of help you can get if you're going to find these things off.

The Battle-Brutes will be more help than me and if you seal the rift, if I live or die afterwards, they'll be dragged back either way if you're alive to seal it.

You need to let me do this. You can't protect me from this Roland.

In the end, it's why I'm here."

Seal seems to be more trying to talk herself into doing it, clearly to protect Roland, as she speaks.
    Loki Avatar by Me

16. - Top - End - #586
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dare +3

As Dare walks past the command center, he sets the communications terminal to relay all hero communications to him, and to relay all of his commands outward. Then he comes to the heroes left behind. "You three are with me. Camelot has it's own defenders while Freedom City's devastated forces have to deal with the rift's exit point. Each of you tell me your powers while we get to the battle. I'm pretty much defenseless here, but I can coordinate from a rooftop."

Dare sets out to get a good view of the battle from any available rooftop, then broadcasts on all known frequencies: "This is Doctor Dare of the Frontliners. All available personnel check in and report to Freedom Plaza to repel invaders. Contain them within a three block radius and defend civilians. For Freedom!"

Spoiler
    Show

Old avatar by KP (I think)
    Green Lantern of the Rayneverse

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

Her throat in pain and her vision still blurry, Metashade bring herself back slowly.
    Vagrant one way or another, once this is over, I will pull a trashcan so far up your... head. Over his head. Totaly what she means. ...that they will need an industrial crane to pull it away

"E gh E..NOUGH !" Metagrue blocks Decibelle arm with a single punch, and raises her by the arm. he lookes angry. Somewhat.
    The behemot whispers suddenly low enough for only the two of them to hear and in a completely different tone of voice "You should have focused on the bombs rather than me. Tellt he othersI'll do my best to buy them time" and then he throw her away neglectingly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Vagrant power stunted his magic arrayIi beleive it means the elemental is gone.(since it's like switching alternates)

Grab and throw on Decibelle.
    I don't have the time to check what to roll now so do it for me.

Of course Metashade is pulling her punches while trying to make it look she's hitting in full. I'm sure a pro wrestler Decibelle will appreciate

The defenders are doing well, cleared the battlefield a bit, even.
    ...Nowhere near enough yet, though. If metagrue was still in charge he could still turn that around. Or just win by attrition. She's not sure he's here for conquering now that she thinks of it, something to do with those bombs, but what ? Hell if she know, right now whe's just goignto pad for time while maintaining her cover best she can.
    "TROOPS, RETREAT AND RALLY !"
    Metashade shouts, trying to imiatate at best Metagrue's slightly pompous 'Almighty invader 101" ("YOu darestirke the metagrue..", seriously ?) speech "Champions of Earth, you may think you have won ! But you stand no chances, we will raze this miserable city if you dare fight us ! I give you ONE chance to parlay your surrender."

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose I won't be escaping a bluffroll on that one
    Bluff (1d20+12)[31]
    (for once, I will use a HP to reroll if botched)
    Spoiler
    Show

If necessary, HP roll:
    (1d20)[19]+12
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-01-15 at 08:26 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

18. - Top - End - #588

Decibelle tumbles through the air before righting herself. She looks at the now retreating Meta-Grue with confusion on her face. "Um, okay? I really don't know how to disarm bombs..." She says as she begins scanning around for either a friendly face with the technical know how to disarm alien explosives or another enemy champion in need of a beat down.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[16]
    Opposed Grapple Check: (1d20+25)[39]
    Loki Avatar by Me

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh Seal...' He let go of her arm, suddenly ashamed of himself. 'You're doing this for me?'

He cupped her cheek affectionately, marvelling at the thrill of the contact 'It doesn't work that way. I'm sorry but...'

He forces himself to meet her eyes, cursing himself for a coward 'At the height of my power I could put you back together, yes. But it won't be you. It'll be someone else made out of the thing that used to be you. You are a unique Matrix, one I could never replicate. All that you are disappears if the rift opens. I can't let you do this, suddenly there was an edge of anger in his voice and you have no right to do this for me. I don't deserve it, and you have no right to force me to stop you.'

He took her hand in his 'And if I can't put you back together... If you insist on doing this for me then listen. If I can't put you back together I will have to attempt the forging of a new seal.
    'Last time it took a vagrant morph and a master mage's soul to complete the spell. Mayhap I count for both, I do not know.
    'I will have to sacrifice myself, and die never knowing if I succeeded or not. If you must do something for me than live. And not like me, full of regret and mourning. Take the life I gave you and live it.'
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

As Dare forms up with War, Karma and Dread-Man along with the other Heroes near Freedom Plaza the Cyborg forces begin to fall back to their ships led by Meta-Grue.

Decibelle sees this new quartet of odd heroes join the fray just as the Meta-Grue pulls away from her.

Vagrant

As Vagrant takes Seal's hand she places her other on his chest. The resounding booms of the Cyborgs slamming into Vagrant's barrier grows ever louder. Soon they will break through it.

"But then how am I supposed to save YOU. You can't fight an army alone Roland."
    Loki Avatar by Me

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

He smiled ruefully 'Memory's still pretty foggy, but I'm pretty sure it won't be the first time

Besides, I've always been alone.

He put his hand over hers, moving it slightly so she can feel his heartbeat 'You save me by saving yourself. Seal, you've protected this whole world every second of every day you've existed. And you did it without ever hurting anyone, or even attempting to do so. I-' he choked, to his amazement tears brimmed in his eyes 'I can't tell you how beautiful that is to me, or how much it means to me. You are the best thing I ever did Seal. I thought that before I knew you as Sam..
    'Before I thought you were just a thing. A wonderful beautiful miraculous thing, but still just a thing. Now... I do not think I could bear to have you ripped from me, so soon after finding you.'

He turned to look at the shield 'Aun was a master, but we don't have much time left. Go Seal. Get to safety. Earth can afford to lose me, but not you. Never you.'
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Vagrant

Seal drifts upwards and suddenly her clothing turns to a more feminine version of Vagrant's own garb. Her lips lightly press on his forehead to say goodbye as she shoots upwards at full speed glancing back once she's high enough to only whisper

"Good luck old friend."

What do you do Vagrant?
    Loki Avatar by Me

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Listen. tell your friends I'm pretty sure these guys are remote controled As metagrue is retreating in front ofhsi troops but before he shouts his little ultimatum, a voice rings in Decibelle's mind. It doesn't sound like the Metagrue's voice though. I don't know where they are controlled from but if you can stop the signal, that should do it. I don't know how long I can keep them of your back, so be quick
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-01-15 at 07:57 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Vagrant watched her go

Well that was unexpected

The shield was almost gone now, lasers poured in from all directions. The sheer scale of the ordinance being thrown at him was testament to Aun's brilliance, to whom even Adrian Eldritch was but a poor imitation.

'Ok, you bastards, give me everything you've got.' It was superlative, they already were and couldn't hear him over the hiss of lasers besides but it made him feel a little better.

He let the shield drop. Lasers streaked in from all directions as Vagrant leapt and cartwheeled merrily through the oncoming fire, laughing with a mad passion. It seemed impossible that he could live, let alone go unscathed, yet it was so. Hundreds of shots went past their intended target... And went on into the massed circle of cyborgs.

Meanwhile the real Vagrant watched from the hospital rooftop. A small smile playing across his features. Did he smile at his own ploy? Or at the thought of Seal safe? Even he did not know for sure, for he took great pleasure in both.

Spoiler
    Show
    Illusion to make an illusion Vagrant. Teleport to safety. Drop create object
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2013-01-15 at 08:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596

Unsure of where the voice is coming from, Decibelle just starts talking out loud and hopes that the source of the voice will hear her. "If they're remote controlled it's almost certainly from the spaceship and I'm not crazy enough to invade that by myself." Taking a moment to think, she watches the new arrivals for a moment before flying over to greet them.

One quick flight across the plaza and she touches down a few yards away from Dare and his companions. "New guys! I hope you're here to help?"

27. - Top - End - #597

"I'm Doctor Dare, sometimes leader of the Frontliners. These three are with me. The one in the sky is Vagrant, though I'm not sure he knows it at the moment. From the look of you, I'm assuming you're Decibelle? Right now, all we can do is run damage control until more firepower comes along. And while those bombs might not alter the skyline much, I'd be much happier if I could disable them. I'm pretty much defenseless at the moment, so if you four could escort me to them, I'd much appreciate it."

As Dare begins moving towards the bombs, he calls Vagrant on his comm, "Mage in the sky, this is Doctor Dare. We're making a run to disable the bombs. If you see anything big coming, give us a holler."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Shade keeps control of Meta-Grue as she pulls back to the ship while the others head for the bombs with Vagrant overlooking the field of conflict.

Suddenly Metagrue's comm-link sparks up

"Orders have changed Meta-Grue. We believe the Earthers of the parallel Earth have placed a squad on the command ship, you are to return through the rift over their bay in the city you are occupying to our parallel and make for the command ship to combat these invaders. Understood?"

Sadly it is at this moment that Shade loses control and is forced out of the alien Meta-Grue. The creature doesn't waste a moment before he shape-shifts and grows a pair of massive leathery wings. He suddenly shoots off towards the bay, leaving his cyborgs behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save for Meta-Grue (1 Minute interval): (1d20+9)[19]

Doctor Dare:

Spoiler
    Show
    Disabling the bombs will require a Disable Device check and a minute of time, per bomb. There are a half dozen of them.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-01-17 at 11:22 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

Well .. crap,
    She quite underestimated the strength of will fo the Metagrue. She should have ordered the cyborgs to shoot each others while she could. but she had really hopped that if shecould buy time long enough for someone to find a way to disable those cyborgs without mass murder involved.
    She'll have to trust those people on the control ship, whoever they are, will suceed.

But in the meantime the overwhelming invasion of cyborgs is still down here. And neither the army* or Aegis or any kind of mass reinfoircement seems to be arriving to contain the situation.
    So it's just going to be the five people under against thoudsand of invading cyborgs. Then when they all geat slaughtered, the defenless freedom city. Great.

Time for plan B then

The Metagrue is getting away (Oh, the things she could have done with that body if she could have kept cotrol of it jsut a little longer.) . She fully intend to go through that ear herself and check out that command ship herself, but first... Those wings he just grew don't really look supersonic or even that fast tho, it should be a little while before he reaches the bay. and those cyborgs are still under there.
    She can still get a shot at this, make that a couple in fact.

Shade start floating and suddenly accelarate in dirrection of the big spaceship in the sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    All out movement to the ship ,for a full round. I will use a power point to power surge another action ot get it faster if I can

*(They weren't here at the battle of Claremont either.
    You'd think alien invasions would count as 'foreing threats'. And you can't even plead the distance, the city just got out of a major catastrophe (including a fight with Godzilla, so it's likely) they were mobilized earlier to give a hand.

Has any soldier even ever done their jobs on Earth 8 ? )
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-01-20 at 09:20 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

30. - Top - End - #600

Dare pulls tools out of an inside pocket of his jacket and gets to work on the bombs, working on them as quickly and safely as he can. "These are going to take awhile to disarm, and we may not have that much time. If anybody thinks they can toss one into the ship, please feel free to do so."

Spoiler
    Show
    Skill mastery for taking 10 on DD checks. Check is a 39. Thought about doing it the fast way, but I just don't want to blow up if I fail.

Spoiler
    Show