New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 10

Welcome among the mad people! You have fallen down the rabbit hole, and into the Playground, where we frolic and make merry. Don't worry, we don't bite. Well, only one of us bites. The others might glomp, tackle, hug, pet or otherwise be overly affectionate.

If you have questions (that aren't about D&D or Savage Worlds), feel free to PM me. I will try my best to find you a satisfactory answer, or direct you to the right person.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum here and excited to met everyone and join in the fun

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ettin in the Playground

Hello Miasma, welcome to the forum!

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

4. - Top - End - #964
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hi

I'm extremely noobish to ... whatever it is you guys are doing here, but I'm in the process of creating my own fictional world inspired by the 1800s and you guys seem to be the experts on this sort of thing, and experts on stuff I don't really understand too. I'd like to consult with you guys as I flesh out my world and run my ideas past you. Who knows one of you genius' might actually like my idea and flesh it out in ways I never could. That would be cool. Look forward to learning from you.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Hi folks! I'm another newly-joined noob, eager to jump into the fray. Good friend of mine introduced me to these forums (I was already reading OotS) and I became really intrigued with the concept of PbP games, so my main reason for being here is to try to find a good game or two (I also write about gaming in my academic career, so hey, two birds with one stone).

From what I've seen so far these forums are incredibly cool, and I'm looking forward to joining in the fun!

6. - Top - End - #966
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello to all other new forumites (and old ones, too)! I am new. Well, mostly.

I made a forum account to post something I felt smart for thinking of way back in 2006, but I'll be darned if I remember the password for that or am still using the e-mail I probably registered with... (Actually I thought I did remember but my attempts were futile.)

I only made like 2 posts anyway so here I am again! I've been reading since before 2006 and haven't really been a strong forum reader until three months ago... You see, I recently had a baby and using my phone to read the forum is a GREAT thing to do when you have a baby asleep on you or are otherwise immobile due to baby reasons. I mostly just read the discussion threads and stuff on the OotS comic itself, but maybe I'll eventually wander out to other boards.

So, hello.

ETA: I only have about 2 hours of actually playing DnD experience... so I consider myself very nooby when it comes to the rules. Pretty much everything I know has been taught to me by OotS.
    Last edited by VeliaRae; 2013-06-24 at 03:34 PM.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

Now would be a great time to start playing RPGs! Might I interest you in some Witchcraft? Nine Worlds, perhaps? Or maybe Anima Prime is more your style?

In any case, welcome among the mad people! We wish to infect you with our unique brand of insanity and joy, and we do hope you are glad to have joined us!
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Hey all. I'm Sigils, or Sig, and am new here. I like books and RPG's and such things... so yeah. Hi.
    Embrace the warm dark.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Hello, I'm Rapidgator, despite my name I don't bite, and I hope we can be friends

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Time to welcome the newcomers! Hello Sigils, Hello Rapidgator! if you have any question, feel free to ask, someone will surely answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidgator View Post
    Hello, I'm Rapidgator, despite my name I don't bite
    I hope so. I don't like to risk an AoO while I give you a welcome hug.
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 2013-06-25 at 03:19 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Welcome to those newer than myself!
    Please help my family by simply clicking and visiting this referral link
    http://Awardgain.com/?ref=426447
    ,no information or purchase required and guaranteed safe to visit.
    Thank You!

12. - Top - End - #972
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Saying my hellos. I occasionally marathon through Order of the Stick, then forget the story and then do it again. Mostly I'm here for play by post gaming, though. See y'all out there.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hi everybody!!!

14. - Top - End - #974
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, guys!

I had an account on the forums a long time ago, when I was...13 or 14. I was kind of obnoxious and I'm really sorry about that! I was thirteen. I didn't understand how to not be obnoxious. Eventually I abandoned the forum because I just felt annoyed that people were annoyed with me all the time.

I'm much better now, hopefully! I'm trying to be nice to everyone this time around, and I no longer feel the need to insert myself into every conversation whether I have something to say or not.

Anyway, I love the comic and the community here. You guys seem really nice.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hello world!

I started GMing in 3.5 a couple months ago and when I google questions and for resources, if I don't wind up at dandwiki then I wind up here! A great forum I hope to contribute to. I'm halfway through OotS, excellent stuff.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Halfling in the Playground

Hello, I joined recently after following OOTS for a while. Any way I'm happy to be here.
    Amazing avatar by Oneris
    When life gives you lemons use them as imporvised weapons, kill life and get xp.
    Spoiler: Best MitD Line
    Show
    "I'm trying to make you disappear. No wait, what's the word? Tell-a-pork." -MITD
    "Teleport?" -Hobgoblin
    "Yeah." -MITD

Homebrewer's Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #977
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Hello, new member, been a big fan for many years. I have several of the graphic novels, all the Morland Miniatures Figures (so far) and a few other ditties. Love the comic.
    Deficio es non en Bene

18. - Top - End - #978
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Hiya, I'm Ecrinya. I've never been on the forums before, but Tyckspoon brought me to the J.C. meet-up this weekend. I had a blast meeting people and trying new games! Thanks for a great weekend and I'm happy to join the playground.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Okay, so hope I'm doing this right (every forum I've been to has had a different relply system, so I may end up getting confused by this). No idea if this was mentioned yet, but the link to 'Welcome New Members" thread is to a locked thread, but anyways, hello, I'm A_Man (or Aman if you don't feel like typing out the underscore :P), I've been reading oots for a little while, and started to lurk the forums (Don't judge me! :P), but I feel that lurking is kinda odd, and more importantly, I'll probably be needing some help in the roleplaying games forum for ideas (which you guys and gals seem to be full of. :P)

I also overuse the ':P' emoticon, if you haven't noticed yet. It's something I need to fix, but it'll probably be how you all can figure out if I'm posting without reading the username.

So yep. Hello all!
    Last edited by A_Man; 2013-07-01 at 06:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm newish to tabletop in general(have read half a dozen different rulebooks, but only played a handful of 4e sessions and a couple d20), but tryna get into it ab it more, so i figured I'd join up. Particularly interested in worldbuilding and low magic settings.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome all ye newcomers!

Quote Originally Posted by A_Man View Post
    Okay, so hope I'm doing this right (every forum I've been to has had a different relply system, so I may end up getting confused by this). No idea if this was mentioned yet, but the link to 'Welcome New Members" thread is to a locked thread, but anyways, hello, I'm A_Man (or Aman if you don't feel like typing out the underscore :P), I've been reading oots for a little while, and started to lurk the forums (Don't judge me! :P), but I feel that lurking is kinda odd, and more importantly, I'll probably be needing some help in the roleplaying games forum for ideas (which you guys and gals seem to be full of. :P)

I also overuse the ':P' emoticon, if you haven't noticed yet. It's something I need to fix, but it'll probably be how you all can figure out if I'm posting without reading the username.

So yep. Hello all!
    Yeah, you're in the right spot - they haven't updated that link in quite a while, I think. Welcome to the forums!
    A few odds and ends.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Hello everybody, like a pheonix reborn from the ashes(Cheesy insert), I return--An old gamer reborn anew. Like many on they board i'm sure I got attracted partially by OOTS and then the fact I used to play various rpg's although mainly dnd 3.0 and 3.5. I'm excited to get to know the community and look forward to talking and learning with lots of you. yes...MWAHAHW...*cough* *cough*

23. - Top - End - #983
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Mollez View Post
    Hey, guys!

I had an account on the forums a long time ago, when I was...13 or 14. I was kind of obnoxious and I'm really sorry about that! I was thirteen. I didn't understand how to not be obnoxious. Eventually I abandoned the forum because I just felt annoyed that people were annoyed with me all the time.

I'm much better now, hopefully! I'm trying to be nice to everyone this time around, and I no longer feel the need to insert myself into every conversation whether I have something to say or not.

Anyway, I love the comic and the community here. You guys seem really nice.
    We've all been there, Moll.

Now, my turn. Hello, Playgrounders. I've had an account here for a while, but have only started posting recently. I figured it was high time I introduced myself. I play D&D, mostly 3.x with some homebrewing and the occasional mad experiment. I'm my group's defacto DM so you'll regularly see questions from me trying to figure out some predicament I've written myself into.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

cool Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 10

Hello everyone! The name's GideonBurkheart (GB for short) a name i used as one of my favorite characters i played as in the Conan RPG. I, just like everyone else got hooked onto OotS, but im much more interested in the play by post games. Im mostly used to playing D&D 3.x but im wanting to try different rpgs. Any good suggestions for the pbp? Anways, good meeting all you playgrounders and hope to get to know many of you :)

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Ecrinya View Post

Hiya, I'm Ecrinya. I've never been on the forums before, but Tyckspoon brought me to the J.C. meet-up this weekend. I had a blast meeting people and trying new games! Thanks for a great weekend and I'm happy to join the playground.
    Woo, a referral! Keep 'em coming, Tyckspoon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

26. - Top - End - #986
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey guys!

I've been a member for some time, and posted a few things here and there, but never really been a part of the community, as I've always found big communities like you guys a bit daunting. Time to change that!

I'm Jesterface (as the username would suggest); I've been playing D&D 3.5 since 2006, and reading OOTS for about that long. I'm also a LARPer and an animal lover, with aspirations of making a D&D setting (something that's been going for about 3-4 years now) and also want to get into practical makeup effects.

How're y'all doing?
    Many thanks to kpenguin for the adopted Gorilla Grodd avatar!

27. - Top - End - #987

Hi everyone! It's me, Cat Dungeon. Never heard of me? Well that's to be expected because I just joined the forum. I've been reading OotS for about 3 years now. And it took me this long to make an account. I hope to get to know a lot of neat people on these forums and get an awesome custom avatar.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Bugbear in the Playground

As should be obvious, I'm new to the forums and somewhat nervous. Hello!
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

29. - Top - End - #989
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Hey, Jesterface, Cat Dungeon, and Sabeki! Welcome to the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterface View Post
    How're y'all doing?
    Pretty good, although tired. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Dungeon View Post
    get an awesome custom avatar.
    Make sure you check out the Request an OotS-Style Avatar thread sticked in the Arts and Crafts subforum, if you're looking for someone to make it for you. If you're interested in learning yourself, let me know and I'll see if I can dig up the link to my favorite tutorial on OotS style. (Assuming you want it in OotS style, of course...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabeki View Post
    As should be obvious, I'm new to the forums and somewhat nervous. Hello!
    No need to be nervous, we're a pretty cool group
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Orc in the Playground

Love the Request an OotS Avatar thread.
    It's where I got my Rutger Hauer as a Jugger avatar. It's awesome!

Welcome all!!
    Awesome Rutger Hauer Jugger Avatar by Thormag
    OSRIC Wiki & Site
    I play at The Unseen Servant PbP Forums