New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1292
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 10

Hello

I've been lurking forever, but seem to have decided that my life needs a new time sink - so hi! Lovely to meet you all

I've mostly played D&D 3, 3.5 and 4, pretty much always as a CODzilla or healbot of some sort (and then went all raid priesty for several years in WoW - I had to quit for the latest raid tier because of work, am very sad and miss my guildies lots - my handle is my toon's name). I've been DMing D&D and WFB for about 5 years now too and used to DM Paranoia but I lost my rulebooks for that when I moved flat last year .

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Halfling in the Playground

Hi!
    I grew up in a gamer family (Dad has been playing since his high school years, when 1st edition came out), so I guess it's in my blood. The systems I really like are 3.5/PF, Eclipse Phase, Traveller (Mongoose version is what we have), and NWoD.
    I'm hoping to find ideas and help for homebrew rules and settings, especially from my fellow Rules Engineers.
    "We need franchise opportunities!"
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Pixie in the Playground

hi everyone i love this site and i have visited this great website on fixed interval of time my maximum problem are solved from here. from their i have make a new website for content writing please visit. Article blogs content writing

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Greetings, fellow newcomers! I am Trav, and this is my second post.

I've been doing some Free-Form PbPRP on another site where the general subject matter was..... Questionable, at best. I'm hoping to branch out into something a little more "PG13 To slightly R" rated material. Here's hoping that we all find what we're looking for!
    Pleased to meet you. I hope you guess my name.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Hey all,

Been lurking for a while and thought it was past time I joined up.

I'm currently a mortuary college student about to graduate in a month and finally move back home. I played Shadowrun, Marvel RPG, and 2nd edition D&D back in my high school days.

Now I'm in my 30's and a few years ago I played 3rd edition D&D with my gf at the time and another couple. It was a hell of a lot better than 2nd, and if 3.5 or Pathfinder are better I'm definitely down. Once I pass my national boards to get licensed I plan on buying the core books and finding a Skype group.

Well, that's about all there is to say. Happy to be here

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

There's something I've been wondering...

I THINK i saw some dice roll commands somewhere in the forums, but I cannot for the life of me find it again...

If this even exists on this site, can somebody post a link?
    Pleased to meet you. I hope you guess my name.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    There's something I've been wondering...

I THINK i saw some dice roll commands somewhere in the forums, but I cannot for the life of me find it again...

If this even exists on this site, can somebody post a link?
    Google is your friend ;)

And on that note, Hi! :>

I'm a dutch student (electrical engineering) and a giant nerd. I love gaming and fantasy and have (finally) found DnD because of some friends. Happily playing 3.5 now and hoping to DM one day soon.

Long time fan of the comic so thought I should give the forum a go, pleased to meet you all.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wow so many more members! Greetings to all you new Playgrounders. Hope you have fun and all that whatnot. Any questions? Trying to be helpfulish.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Hi all, Just joined up today. My boyfriend got me into 3.5 despite my best efforts to resist, hence my name. I normally play casters. Something capable of going ethereal. Not allowed to play ghosts anymore. Not since the well of sorrows.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

The giant is so awesome, right?

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ItWasFutile View Post
    Hi all, Just joined up today. My boyfriend got me into 3.5 despite my best efforts to resist, hence my name. I normally play casters. Something capable of going ethereal. Not allowed to play ghosts anymore. Not since the well of sorrows.
    Well, if you like to play casters that go ethereal, and you play them so effectively, to the point you are not allowed to play ghosts, i would say that your boyfrend did a good thing...

That said, welcome aboard!
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 2013-10-10 at 05:51 AM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone! I have read OOTS quite recently from page 1 to the last update, and I gotta say that I'm hooked.

What else? Ah, yes, I'm from Spain and since I was 13 I've been roleplaying. My first game was D&D, although nowadays I prefer less rule-heavy games such as Vampire: The Masquerade but, nevertheless, another thirteen years later I'm directing a campaign of Pathfinder because my love for ol'epic fantasy medieval never truly died.

Also, thanks to David Shaw's tutorial I was able to draw my avatar. It's pretty cool that people find time to put useful tutorials on the Net.
    Last edited by Vulnudaemon; 2013-10-10 at 10:24 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Pixie in the Playground

Vulnudaemon, might I just say, on behalf of goblins everywhere, that is a cool avatar.

Welcome to the playground!
    There is no such thing as a bad plan. Only brilliant plans that go horribly wrong.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks, 4here4. I'd like to have a higher max resolution because the fanged gash looks like a spiked collar, but, oh well...

Greets to you too. As a goblin you must be Neutral Evil as well. Are you interested in joining the ranks of the daemons in the after-life at Abaddon?
    Last edited by Vulnudaemon; 2013-10-11 at 06:30 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I once read an insanely epic story on this forum that had to do with a cursed sword slowly turning someone into an evil character. And that he managed to keep this secret from the rest of the players up to the point where he revealed his alignment when he pointed to his friend and said "Him!" when asked by a dragon lich which of the party members to sacrifice in order to save the rest.

Could someone point me in the right direction? I can't seem to find it myself.... Sorry.
    And also hello everyone!

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello I'm new here.
    I joined looking for some RPGs.
    Nice to meet y'all.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Howdy all, very new to D&D, after searching around the internets I found your forum and thought I'd join and post a bit.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome, Curaodo, ONEinsanePHReaK, and Sugarbear007!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbear007 View Post
    Howdy all, very new to D&D, after searching around the internets I found your forum and thought I'd join and post a bit.
    The color of this post confuses me!

Not your fault, just Playground custom, see my sig for example.

Anyway, hope you have fun learning and chatting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Orc in the Playground

Hello, I'm new to this place (even though I made this account quite a while back) and I'd like to ask something since I'm planning on starting a DnD game in the On-Going Games thread, if allowed. I'll explain below.

First off I'll say that I'm an inexperienced DM but I've currently got a decent 4e DnD game going on with 4 players on another forum.

The thing is, that forum is as good as dead and I want to be able to continue it past the current dungeon but I'd need new players for that.
    Plus I won't be able to fill in the gaps with NPC's forever.

So the question is;
    Would it be allowed to start a game-thread here so we could continue our campaign here so we could a.) continue it and b.) reach more potential players?

I'm serious when I'm saying the forum we're currently on is nearly dead, it's only me and the game's players left there and we need new players since the party is being filled in with two NPC's who I can play as forever.

I've already talked to my players and they agree that it's best that we move at one point, which would be when the on-going dungeon is finished since that would be the best time for the NPC's to leave and new players to step in.

So, does anyone know if it'd be allowed to move our game here?

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking for a while, mainly reading up on stories about P&P because im interested in the subject.

A few things about me:

Im 20 years old, male and from switzerland. I have little to no experience in Pen & Paper, but i roleplay regularly using WoW as the Platform. I usually play Videogams and read in my spare time. Im currently working as a "Computer technician" (I hope Google translate didnt screw me over on this one, a simpler term would be "System Admin" or something like that.).

This Forum seemed to be a good place to do my first steps in the P&P World and check the whole thing out. I saw that there's a palyer recruitment part of the Forum, would that be the right place to start out as a Newbie, or could anyone offer some adive / directions? I would be thankful.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

hi everyone! I just wanted to do a little shout out since im new to the group. Me? Well im just a gamer with some free time and I like gaming communities, so here i am!

Nice to meet you all

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome, wmoo, Stu, and Hill! Hope you enjoy it and find useful things!
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hi~
    Im new here and just wanted to say hello..
    so hello :)

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

thanks for the welcome Cut. My short time here has already introduced me to some cool people and good discussion.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hillyan View Post
    Hello, I'm new to this place (even though I made this account quite a while back) and I'd like to ask something since I'm planning on starting a DnD game in the On-Going Games thread, if allowed. I'll explain below.

First off I'll say that I'm an inexperienced DM but I've currently got a decent 4e DnD game going on with 4 players on another forum.

The thing is, that forum is as good as dead and I want to be able to continue it past the current dungeon but I'd need new players for that.
    Plus I won't be able to fill in the gaps with NPC's forever.

So the question is;
    Would it be allowed to start a game-thread here so we could continue our campaign here so we could a.) continue it and b.) reach more potential players?

I'm serious when I'm saying the forum we're currently on is nearly dead, it's only me and the game's players left there and we need new players since the party is being filled in with two NPC's who I can play as forever.

I've already talked to my players and they agree that it's best that we move at one point, which would be when the on-going dungeon is finished since that would be the best time for the NPC's to leave and new players to step in.

So, does anyone know if it'd be allowed to move our game here?
    Hi, welcome to the playground.

There's a PbP sub-forum here which should fill your needs.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks nedz, I had a big post ready to go for the recruiting thread but I decided to ask here first because it said to keep introduction posts to the Hello thread.

I was planning on cutting out the asking parts of that post but since I haven't really gotten an answer here I'll just put it up as it is with some slight edits to show I at least asked here.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

wink Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 10

Hello there, Rahaii here.

Rahaii is the name of my favorite DnD character ever, a greatsword-wielding half-orc fighter. Sadly the group fell apart and she was sent into semi-retirement.

I've been reading OotS since before I ever picked up a d20, and loved it even then. I still check back multiple times a day for new comics. I finally decided to join the party!

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Hello! I'd like to say I've lurked here for a while, but I only recently found my way to these forums (though I have been reading the comic for a while). I'd say more, but my innate shyness is taking over once more.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Hello everyone! Spent the last couple hours surfing around the web looking for a friendly place to discuss D&D with other folks, and this place caught my eye relatively quickly, and kept it (especially with the homebrew forum). Usually would lurk a fair bit before posting, but I'm trying out a new thing called being sociable
    Last edited by ArotaAlehthrra; 2013-10-18 at 11:06 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

I've been reading OotS since before the Order arrived in Azure city, but decided that it was time to join the ranks of the posters here.

Like Hillyan I'm also looking for post games. I've been tangentially exposed to D&D all my life, at least all my adult life, but I've never actually played a game. What I have done is create a game that I would like to try out, if anyone is interested. I've played it many times with groups of friends in person and via skype, so I am confident that it can be fun, but that it won't be for everyone.

I've done play-per-post games before though they were more under the umbrella of collaborative fiction. I look forward to seeing what this site has to offer in that regard.

[edit]
    Where would be an appropriate place to introduce my game? I may well play other games first, but I want to at least introduce the thing.
    Last edited by Nalix; 2013-10-18 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something