New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #2: Its time to Celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Well, it being kinda desert makes it unlikely to really become HEAVILY populated. To be honest, the most likely thing is a growth of Vancouver across the border in a metropolis, but then you'd have to deal with it being baaaasically Vancouver-PLUS
    If I knew anything about Vancouver, I'd be fine with that...

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Hm... Technically, ceilings are both atop a natural surface, as they're over the ground, and not more than a foot thick. So one could argue that because of the specific wording, that should still be valid. After all, 'thicker' isn't really an appropriate term if you're referring to how far above something another object is.

But that's pretty clearly not the intent of that, so yeah.
    Actually this brings up a question. What if it was like a dome area so the roof was technically touching the ground

3. - Top - End - #723
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think at some point you have to think "What surfaces could a natural spring come from, logically", and use that to define the spell rather than the RAW.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    I think at some point you have to think "What surfaces could a natural spring come from, logically", and use that to define the spell rather than the RAW.
    Or you can say "I just retconned billions of years of geological activity to make that spring show up, I think I know how to put it where I want."
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    If I knew anything about Vancouver, I'd be fine with that...
    Simple! Vancouver is a rooftop, with ladders and tiers, populated by anthropomorphic murderous lamps, mutant zombie cannibals with machine guns and fetishistic tendencies and misanthropic space nazis.

Or maybe that's just the Vancouver stage of Mass Effect? Theres a Mass Effect nWoD splat right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Or you can say "I just retconned billions of years of geological activity to make that spring show up, I think I know how to put it where I want."
    "Where does a 800# gorilla sitMummy for a spring?"

"WHEREVER IT WANTS"

6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground

After running several campaigns and deciding to punch myself in the face with bookkeeping (because I love making myself stress even more), I have decided that, for the ease of recovering Willpower and to prevent my PCs from doing a billion things every day, I am going to try implementing a new timekeeping system.

Each day is divided into six slices:

Morning
    ~6:00 AM – 10:00 AM
    0600 – 1000

Noon
    ~10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
    1000 – 1400

Afternoon
    ~2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
    1400 – 1800

Evening
    ~6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
    1800 – 2200

Night
    ~10:00 PM – 2:00 AM
    2200 – 0200

Early Morning
    ~2:00 AM – 6:00 AM
    0200 – 0600

These divisions are “approximate,” and they bleed over into each other a bit. Even so, you can maybe only cram two scenes into each one, not counting a combat scene (which are typically over in seconds). You must sleep for at least two consecutive day slices or begin suffering the effects as listed for sleep deprivation in the World of Darkness core book. There is a one-dot merit that allows you to sleep in two non-consecutive slices and still get your Willpower back. The Vampire beast makes it sleep for the Morning, Noon, and Afternoon.

Anyone got any other ideas?
    "Scary magical hoodoo and technology are the same thing; their difference is merely one of cultural context." - Arthur C. Clarke (paraphrased)

7. - Top - End - #727

So, summary of the first session of Mummy from my ST's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by My ST
    My first session consisted of a first half, where my players played pre-gen’d mortals attempting to steal six mummies. To make a long story short, one person died, one person became part of a Mummy’s cult, and the rest raced down the highways of an Abyssaly tainted Tallahassee while being chased by ITETI THE NECROMANCER, The King of Beasts.

Now the Mummies are awake, but can they face down the terrors of the Ahmkat, beings that wish to sup on their very lifeforce?

The answer is yes. Probably.

As for the art, I decided to introduce my Mummy game and the arcs that come with it with this guy, the SCAREoh. He is a pharoah that is a skeleton. He reads stories from the Akashic Records, specifically tales of horror and vengeance. Naturally, all my Little Fears-verse WoD games just so happen to be in these Akashic Records.

Basically, Dark Fantasy+Horror Pulp+EC comics is something that apparently clicks with me. Now I just need to get that Apocalypse World game together and I’m set for gaming this year.
    Really looking forward to it.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground

So, basically, I've read in one of the C:tL books the very short description of True Fae who play at being perfect parents from the 1950's, and my mind went crazy enough for me to write a short story about it. I thought it might interest people before I decide, in a very short while, that it is the personal equivalent of a Promethean and that I should never have created it.
    It's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

9. - Top - End - #729

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    So, basically, I've read in one of the C:tL books the very short description of True Fae who play at being perfect parents from the 1950's, and my mind went crazy enough for me to write a short story about it.
    Having flashbacks to Supernatural over here.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there any word on when the Mummy book will be available for purchase? I've looked, and there's only been chatter about when the kickstarter funders get their copy (which they already did). Are they going to wait until the physical version gets distributed before selling it in PDF format?
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

11. - Top - End - #731

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Is there any word on when the Mummy book will be available for purchase? I've looked, and there's only been chatter about when the kickstarter funders get their copy (which they already did). Are they going to wait until the physical version gets distributed before selling it in PDF format?
    Yup. Maybe a week or two remaining on that front.

It is worth the wait.
    Last edited by JMobius; 2013-02-28 at 04:49 PM.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

It really is.

Hey, I'm trying to make a socialite Mummy for a sandbox, mixed-type game. Looking at a Lion-Headed Mesen-Nebu right now, but now sure about much else. Any advice?

I was thinking a Corporation cult. Her cultists brought her tomb over from the old lands and built a nightclub on top.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Hey, I'm trying to make a socialite Mummy for a sandbox, mixed-type game. Looking at a Lion-Headed Mesen-Nebu right now, but now sure about much else. Any advice?
    No experience with the system yet, but you might want to take a look at the Pharaoh Reigns Anew affinity. Gives you justification for buying social merits right out of the coffin, no matter how many centuries it's been since you last walked the Earth, plus makes you basically immune to attempts to disrupt your social position. You might want Gift of Truth, too, in case you ever need to use your powers in front of a mortal you've grown fond of and would rather not drive insane. The only Utterance that really stands out to me is Dreams of Dead Gods (unless you want your socialite to have influence over the dead as well as the living, in which case you've got an insane plethora of options to choose from).
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Banned

Do we have any idea when god machine chronicles will hit press?

15. - Top - End - #735

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Do we have any idea when god machine chronicles will hit press?
    Nothing official yet. It has been in layout for a few weeks, so it might just manage to make it on time this March. Hope so; we shall see.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

It's scheduled for March on the White Wolf timeline. Let's hope it meets its designated release time.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #737

You'll note that Onyx Path has quite a lot of things scheduled for March. This is because so very many other projects have not managed to make it out at their designated release time.

But yes, here's hoping.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Orc in the Playground

I really want to see my W20 already :P

Seems that Exalted might be hitting this week, though.
    What doesn't kill you makes you... stranger.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Banned

Why, Asmodei, I see you've slipped into something more terrifying.

man. I want to buy a chronicle of god machines! Why can't I god machine my chronicle? Dammit Onyx Path, TAKE MY MONEY

20. - Top - End - #740
    Orc in the Playground

Why, Asmodei, I see you've slipped into something more terrifying.
    Flattery will get you nowhere ;)

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, I've been reading (not posting-I've been banned again, thanks to my own personal GIFT, the Inner Revolutionary And His Inability to Bite His Tongue When Posting) the Demon thread, and apparently, one of the inspirations would be the Matrix series, from the Oracle's perspective. It's not quite accurate-Fallen Angels of the God-Machine do not see the world as a cradle or prison, and they're more like real spies than resigned prison guards-but it fits with the Techgnostic Espionage theme.

And of course, me wishing it would come out before MLP Season 4, because frankly, my crossover idea now has Fluttershy as a high-Cover (morality meter) refugee demon trying to escape from a former compatriot with a flair for the dramatic. And pulling his quarry and everything nearby into bizzare alternate dimensions where famous quotes by physicists are listed like Bible verses (Now I am become Death, a destroyer of worlds -Oppenheimer 7:45, New Testament) everywhere. Because now I have to have demons in there.
    Last edited by Leliel; 2013-03-11 at 03:42 PM.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

22. - Top - End - #742

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    And of course, me wishing it would come out before MLP Season 4, because frankly, my crossover idea now has Fluttershy as a high-Cover (morality meter) refugee demon trying to escape from a former compatriot with a flair for the dramatic. And pulling his quarry and everything nearby into bizzare alternate dimensions where famous quotes by physicists are listed like Bible verses (Now I am become Death, a destroyer of worlds -Oppenheimer 7:45, New Testament) everywhere. Because now I have to have demons in there.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one toying with MLP/NWoD crossovers. Though mine is "sin-eaters in Ponyville," with the Mane 6 being invited to a Wake that's not quite what they were expecting. Things spiral downward from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Glad to know I'm not the only one toying with MLP/NWoD crossovers. Though mine is "sin-eaters in Ponyville," with the Mane 6 being invited to a Wake that's not quite what they were expecting. Things spiral downward from there.
    I am also interested in this being a thing. Though the thing I'm most interested in is pony werewolves. (Lycans? Eowolves?) Mostly because I want to see/develop the benefits of the in-between forms.

So I got a chance to look through the Mummy preview book, and have come to the decision that I will absolutely spend money on this. I've even begun making a character for a future game. He's essentially BRIAN BLESSED.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    I am also interested in this being a thing. Though the thing I'm most interested in is pony werewolves. (Lycans? Eowolves?) Mostly because I want to see/develop the benefits of the in-between forms.
    Call them Uratha. It's the proper First Tongue.

Ithaeur!Twilight would probably agree.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Banned

Default Lamentations of the womens

Apparently, if Wikipedia is to be believed, god Machine Chronicles won't be released until August. Sadness. Sadness and despair.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lamentations of the womens

Apparently, if Wikipedia is to be believed, god Machine Chronicles won't be released until August. Sadness. Sadness and despair.
    I'd recheck your sources. This weeks Monday Meeting had this to say

27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lamentations of the womens

First mistake- Trusting Wikipedia.

- God Machine Chronicle (nWoD) is in Layout and most art has been CCP Approved, but a few redone art pieces are coming in. A 2nd proof is with Matt McFarland: still a gentleman developer.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Banned

Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    First mistake- Trusting Wikipedia.
    No, actually. I did check the other channels, but as my primary device is a cellular telephone with secondary and teritary data communcation capacity... It doesn't handle blogs well. Either the blog is terribly done, and doesn't work due to differences in layout and such, or the web version of the blog is terribly done and impossible to naivgate. >_<

I will admit to having posted that in hopes of someone with easier navigation telling me I am wrong XD
    Yay for you guys doing that~!

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

Quick Changeling question :

Is there any reason you couldn't use Contract of Hours 5 on yourself ? And if you did so could you choose not to resist the power ?
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

30. - Top - End - #750

I see no reason you could not do so. The clause may be used on any living creature, and I believe you can choose not to contest any power used on you. That said, there is risk involved. If you roll too few successes, you may only be able to send yourself a minute into the future. Just enough time for your enemies to show up.

That said, if you needed to disappear for a significant amount of time, and can reliably roll the successes needed, yeah, this should work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.