New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread XI: Great Job, You Broke the Scale.

*shifty eyes*

*hides his cyber-explosives*
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread XI: Great Job, You Broke the Scale.

*Looks at the fresh awesome* Ah, it's good to be back.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I personally blame those yahoos who blew up the Loom of Fate. The little gods who run our usernames all went on strike so they had to turn off the forums while they got put back in their place.
    Sorry! We did get some makeshift reality-stabilizers put in place yesterday night, so the forum's back online.

A deathknight and his few hundred zombies, war machines, and assorted undead abominations weren't too pleased with our plans; so we had to fight him off to do it, but all in all, it went very well. My Abyssal participated fully, weirdly enough. We raised a mini-army (fifteen people, all Exalts including dragon-blooded, Lunar, Solar, and Abyssal, plus fifty zombies or so). We lost most of the zombies, but we killed the deathknight, so mission complete. Practically all of us have positive Intimacies for each other now. Fighting zombies side-by-side will do that for you.

Doesn't change my guy's situation any, because he's loyal to his deathlord and was actually ordered to help defeat this attacking deathknight. Since he's more loyal to his own deathlord than to the Neverborn, I had him eat about seven Resonance and follow orders, which he was relieved to do because he strongly disliked what he saw when the Loom got nuked, a patch of Void showed up in Nexus, and practically everybody within about twenty miles either died or went nuts; it's not that they died that bugs him, but that they suffered so much.

Of course this makes me extremely curious what a deathlord thinks he's doing supporting the existence of Creation. Maybe he wants to be the one to destroy it instead of letting the honor go to someone else?

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, having now read the Yozi charms and what they imply through in full, Adorjan is clearly the best one.

Wasn't really expecting that.

Also, seeing as you can split off temporary mortal clones of yourself using Adorjani charms and they become permanently real people if they manage to Exalt, the idea of making them charge against reckless odds until one of them becomes a Dawn Caste, becoming a Devil Tiger, making your Solar-self an Akuma then teaching him your own Cosmic Principle so you have a Jouten on call springs immediately to mind.

...Is it weird that that sprung immediately to mind when I read that charm?

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

No, no. I'm sure Adorjan would be very proud.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Can anyone think of a name for my Devil-Tiger? He's a reformed villian who's focused on converting other villians to the good side. Think of him as a kind of Villians Anonymous sponsor, or a St Paul figure. There's also a bit of Jeckyll and Hyde, since he can deliberately revert to his evil persona to infiltrate his enemies. I'm currently calling him Shaul, the Penitent Fiend. Shaul is the modern Hebrew form of St Paul, but that seems to lack something. Any suggestions?

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Penitent Wreathed In Emerald Flame" and "The Shadowed Saint" spring immediately to mind, but I don't know how well they would suit your character.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth3 View Post
    Can anyone think of a name for my Devil-Tiger? He's a reformed villian who's focused on converting other villians to the good side. Think of him as a kind of Villians Anonymous sponsor, or a St Paul figure. There's also a bit of Jeckyll and Hyde, since he can deliberately revert to his evil persona to infiltrate his enemies. I'm currently calling him Shaul, the Penitent Fiend. Shaul is the modern Hebrew form of St Paul, but that seems to lack something. Any suggestions?
    If you're going with names based loosely on or evocative of Judaeo-Christian mythology, you could go with something flowing and elaborate built from Hebrew words and ending in the -El suffix common to many angel names.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

Fonziel, Whose Fists Resound The Bitter Clangor of Redemption Upon The Jukebox of Your Wretched Soul.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by omegalith View Post
    If you're going with names based loosely on or evocative of Judaeo-Christian mythology, you could go with something flowing and elaborate built from Hebrew words and ending in the -El suffix common to many angel names.
    That suffix means "of God".
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Exthalion View Post
    That suffix means "of God".
    Yes. Yes it does.

You can have it refer to your own divine authority when you're being a massively complex conceptual entity consisting of several subselves who are themselves the equivalent of a pantheon of powerful deities, though.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Fonziel, Whose Fists Resound The Bitter Clangor of Redemption Upon The Jukebox of Your Wretched Soul.
    My vote goes for this one.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by omegalith View Post
    Yes. Yes it does.

You can have it refer to your own divine authority when you're being a massively complex conceptual entity consisting of several subselves who are themselves the equivalent of a pantheon of powerful deities, though.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to create one based on your own name? Since you are the definer of yourself instead of this other person El?

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wouldn't it make more sense to create one based on your own name? Since you are the definer of yourself instead of this other person El?
    Since it means "Of God" and God is a title rather than a name, it'd basically be referring to your divine authority in this context.

Plus, using your mortal name as a suffix would probably sound weird.

"I am Gloryjack!"

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Titan in the Playground

Are there any Reynard sheets (or equivalents) for Alchemicals? There's none in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    You know, I was starting to question why I lurk this thread despite having never played Exalted or even knowing terribly much about it. I've just found the answer.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    You know, I was starting to question why I lurk this thread despite having never played Exalted or even knowing terribly much about it. I've just found the answer.
    Go read Keychain of Creation.

18. - Top - End - #1158

RedWizardGuy

Thanks for the suggestions. I like "The Penitent Wreathed In Emerald Flame", but it would be better as a sobriquet, not a name per se. For the name I've come up with "Metanoius", which should be the masculine version of the Greek word for "repentance".

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Go read Keychain of Creation.
    I read the first 183 strips in one sitting a while back and have been meaning to make time to finish it. It's pretty dang good, though (IMO) it still doesn't hold a candle to OotS.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    I read the first 183 strips in one sitting a while back and have been meaning to make time to finish it. It's pretty dang good, though (IMO) it still doesn't hold a candle to OotS.
    I just meant that its a good way to sort of get the gist of the setting without buying the core book (which would be dumb right now as 3e is about to come out).

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth3 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I like "The Penitent Wreathed In Emerald Flame", but it would be better as a sobriquet, not a name per se. For the name I've come up with "Metanoius", which should be the masculine version of the Greek word for "repentance".
    Maybe it would be better as a sobrioquet in most settings, but this is Exalted. I can't remember a single name from it that isn't actually a description (excepting Incarnae and some of the Yozis).
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Maybe it would be better as a sobrioquet in most settings, but this is Exalted. I can't remember a single name from it that isn't actually a description (excepting Incarnae and some of the Yozis).
    Dace. Cathak Cainan. Chejop Kejack. Non-descriptive names are all over the place.
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2012-10-07 at 10:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1163

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I'm thinking of the Yozis and Primordials: Malfeas, Cecelyne, Adjoran, Qaf, Kimbery, Autochthon, and so on. There are a few with names that are descriptive phrases, but it's more common to have a one-word name, and then add sobriquets. This is the pattern most people use for Devil-Tigers too.

24. - Top - End - #1164

I just meant that its a good way to sort of get the gist of the setting without buying the core book (which would be dumb right now as 3e is about to come out).
    ...impatience is bad. But with the Third Edition approaching I'm looking to organize a proper void where all of the Second Edition material can be thrown and annihilated. To never be read again.

Why is it impatient? Because I really should check over the new edition thoroughly before making such a rash choice.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
    ...impatience is bad. But with the Third Edition approaching I'm looking to organize a proper void where all of the Second Edition material can be thrown and annihilated. To never be read again.

Why is it impatient? Because I really should check over the new edition thoroughly before making such a rash choice.
    What level of necromancy do you think that would be a sufficient sacrifice for?

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

What level of necromancy do you think that would be a sufficient sacrifice for?
    Well technically since it's taking the entirety of Creation & Yu Shan with it, the Neverborn's job is done. And without the Neverborn there is no Necromancy.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Canon Exalted has a bit more of an "nearly everyone is horrible" tone, compared to Keychain being a little more lighthearted.

I'd probably run a game closer to Keychain's tone though.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post

Eh, whether it comes out on time or we have to wait 'til July, don't do that. Between houserules, homebrew, errata, and the later books in the line, we have a workable game. Only thing missing is Municipal Charms...
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Well technically since it's taking the entirety of Creation & Yu Shan with it, the Neverborn's job is done. And without the Neverborn there is no Necromancy.
    The void would still be around.

End Without World, Amen.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Dwarf in the Playground

The void would still be around.

End Without World, Amen.
    As a state of non-existence, Oblivion currently only "exists" as a contrast. An Abyssal tour guide can currently say "And if you look out the left side of the Labyrinth Tour Bus now, you can see Oblivion", but after it eats everything, nonexistence is nonexistence.