New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

The Wizard's spell is Levi's Tylenol to help him deal with all this extra pain - pain that quickly goes away, unlike the lasting sting of a burn and a stomach wound.

Good job, Emergency Medic Team! (They should totally make a video game where a wizard and two healers try to heal up adventurer's parties).

The burn quickly heals. First degree heals fastest, of course, and the blisters from 3rd degree heal the slowest.

Levi heals super-quick! He's happy. That's the fastest he's ever recovered from any wound in his whole life.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie does watch the other healers work, confused and amused by what they do. It is weird to see them have to work so hard to heal, it had always been so easy for her. She wonders if they could learn anything from watching her, or the other way around. She makes a note to try and talk to one of them later.

If she recognized the magic potion that transferred injury she would have been even more interested. That sounded a lot like what she did. But alas she doesn't seem to know what the potion does besides healing.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #963

There should be more games about medics in general. Trauma Center don't cover the half of it.

Seeing the last of Levi's visible wounds vanish the wizard finally releases his spell, letting out a long sigh of exhaustion and dabbing at the cold sweat on his brow as the numbing light fades away.

"You... You alright?" He asks, once he's managed to catch his breath. After this, the wizard is definitely going to be spending some time practicing his healing spells.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-08-29 at 11:43 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Lume, thoroughly annoyed at this point, whispers to Chas: "We'll continue this conversation later" and goes off to handle conflicts the way he was trained to as an Illuminator. "If you people don't settle down quickly, I will kill you with unimaginably torturous devices of pure light. Then, as your soul begins to drift slowly away from your body to its final resting place, I will consume it, placing your residual consciousness in the Neverending Void. There, the complete lack of sensation - you will not even have skin to feel - will drive you slowly insane as it is interrupted only by the bursts of intense, FLAMING PAIN I send your way." He then shakes his head, as if coming around from a dizzy spell.
    "I have liquids - don't worry," he says, and then when he leaves to join the fight, he lets him, and observes. The reality of the being's story sets in to him as he watches his actions, and hears him speaking of souls. He'll still be there when he returns to the seat

((pardon my disappearance, I had a ladyfriend to tend to))
    avvie by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

All the while, Nycca is still with Kallista, arm protectively around the gnome.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

6. - Top - End - #966

With Levi being taken care of by more than one competent, non-soul-eating healer, Lume turns his attention back to Kallista. Kneeling down (but maintaining a respectful distance, due to her easily angered friends), he speaks. "This animal will comfort you when you need comfort, and protect you from harm as he is able," he says in his most soothing voice (which still sounds rather chilling).He will require no food, but you should give him water occasionally. Mostly, all he needs is love. Can you do that? Can you love him for me?
    Kallista looks at the puppy once, and slowly, unsteadily reaches an arm out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that Levi has been stabilized, Talina gives a nod of appreciation to Samantha, and heads out of the bar, presumably still trailing Rick behind her.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Kallista looks at the puppy once, and slowly, unsteadily reaches an arm out.
    Nycca sighs.
    You okay, hon?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #969

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    There should be more games about medics in general. Trauma Center don't cover the half of it.

Seeing the last of Levi's visible wounds vanish the wizard finally releases his spell, letting out a long sigh of exhaustion and dabbing at the cold sweat on his brow as the numbing light fades away.

"You... You alright?" He asks, once he's managed to catch his breath. After this, the wizard is definitely going to be spending some time practicing his healing spells.
    "Thank you," he says to the healers.

Assuming that the Wizard's magic tentacles are gone, Levi pushes himself up so that he's just on his knees, instead of hands-and-knees. "Yeah," he kinda groans out, before stretching his arms.

The swordsman being nearly complete, he says, "I am. Are you, though? If I remember correctly, I hit you pretty square." An uppercut and a scratch.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-08-30 at 10:34 AM.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Louis tries to think carefully about a job for her, but his world just doesn't have jobs for that sort of thing. "I don't know what sort of jobs you could get with those skills. I'm sure there's something, but my world doesn't use many archers. Were you a warrior back in your world? That might be useful. It might even use your wings." He offers the idea to keep her spirits up.
    Meli shakes her head, concentrating on recalling specifics. Still optimistic, Meli writes on.

"I do not think I was a warrior. Everything I remember is from the academy or childhood. I could try, but I am not sure if there's a militia here."

Looking around curiously, the chimeric Elf looks for signs of an organised army of Inside. Noticing something amidst the crowd, Meli writes on.

"I believe I was mostly a student of the arts at the academy, but theatre too. Maybe there is help needed at the local theatre?"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #971

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Nycca sighs.
    You okay, hon?
    Y-yes. She still stares at the puppy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's... let's go somewhere else, maybe?
    Like, try the park?
    Or do you wanna stay here?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #973
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Stu would try grabbing a ferret and crushing its head if there weren't so many things happening at once. Namely, getting pelted with white hot fire, getting smacked and buried in furniture, and having a ferret chomp into his flamethrower's fuel line arm.

This is the worst combination of things that could happen. As is pretty much the typical ending for almost all of Stu's interactions, someone just sent fuel spraying, and his fuel tank is shortly thereafter, ignited. Stu, and his power suit explode very shortly thereafter. An enclosed explosion tends to be more damaging than one that's just on the side, so it's quite likely the furniture is being ripped apart and returned to sender at high velocities. At least the tables will absorb the metal shrapnel and fire for those on the outside, even if splinter projectiles are the price.

Can't say the same for the ferrets though.

Anyways, Stu is dead. Again. Yay.
    Yeah, ferrets is dead. Their little magical shields would crack under sustained fire from the flamethrower, so an explosion is definitely too much for them.

Isabelle looks rather annoyed.

"Hmmph. Was that really necessary, everyone? I was just trying to teach him a lesson. No need to actually kill him. Well, not while my ferrets were in there anyway. Poor dears."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

14. - Top - End - #974

The puppy tries to nuzzle Kallista's hand, and Lume returns to his conversation with Chas. "As much as I appreciate your offer, he says, what I just did has made me realize that before I can allow myself to forget my past deeds, I must properly atone for them, which I cannot do while not myself. Still, should I ever manage this task ... I will seek you out.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shayan, meanwhile, is looking very put out by the entire thing. Large wooden spikes pepper her arms, torso, and face, one sticking directly through both cheeks because of how she turned her head away from the blast at the last instant.

She slurs as she begins working the spike out from between her teeth, clearly uncomfortable with the experience, "Ith wath an accthident. Didn't know vlying tableth would blow him up." She's still not sure it did. It was hard to tell just what the heck happened under all the confusion, or whether her contribution did anything at all besides cover her in shrapnel wounds.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #976

O-kay.. the park sounds good. Kallista gives the puppy a hesitant scratch on the ears.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Nycca will get up and gently pick up Kallista, leaving a note for Talina telling where they've gone, before attempting to exit.
    ((Deadtime approaching.))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #978
    Dwarf in the Playground

The puppy tries to nuzzle Kallista's hand, and Lume returns to his conversation with Chas. "As much as I appreciate your offer, he says, what I just did has made me realize that before I can allow myself to forget my past deeds, I must properly atone for them, which I cannot do while not myself. Still, should I ever manage this task ... I will seek you out.
    He nods, "do what you need to do, man, settle out your karma." He takes a couple inhales from his cigarette, "if you need me, I'll probably be in town."
    avvie by Sneak

19. - Top - End - #979

"Thank you for understanding," Lume says, then sits silently for a while. Suddenly, he speaks up loudly, addressing the whole Tavern: "Excuse me. Does anyone know of a way I could begin to atone for my past actions?"
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-08-30 at 04:40 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

20. - Top - End - #980
    Orc in the Playground

A hobgoblin in a long trench coat with the collar up and a wide-brimmed hat pulled low over his face sidles over when Lume (of whom I am unfamiliar and don't know the appearance of) asks for help. "I don't know about atoning, but I got stuff that'll make you forget your regrets. Skooma, sleeping tree sap, pixie dust, bottles of happiness; you name it, I got it."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #981

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    A hobgoblin in a long trench coat with the collar up and a wide-brimmed hat pulled low over his face sidles over when Lume (of whom I am unfamiliar and don't know the appearance of) asks for help. "I don't know about atoning, but I got stuff that'll make you forget your regrets. Skooma, sleeping tree sap, pixie dust, bottles of happiness; you name it, I got it."
    Lume sighs. "As I recently told another well-meaning soul, I cannot try to forget what I have done until I have made up for what I have done.
    (Lume is a being of pure, opalescent light. He is shaped vaguely like an 8-foot-tall human, and has a certain aura of chill and corruption about him that one would not expect in something so beautiful.)
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

22. - Top - End - #982
    Orc in the Playground

"Right, OK. Well, this junk probably won't work on you, anyway." He hasn't encountered a being of light before, but if it is truly incorporeal then actually taking any of his wares would be difficult. "Well, maybe the corrupted ectoplasm, but that's a maybe and it's only supposed to work on ghosts."

23. - Top - End - #983

"Ghosts? I WISH I were a ghost. Then at least, I would have the veil of death separating my soul from the outside. Do you have any idea what it is to be a bare, exposed soul? I'll give you a hint: it's NOT. PLEASANT.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-08-30 at 05:21 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

24. - Top - End - #984
    Orc in the Playground

"Then maybe this stuff'll make you feel better! It's only eighteen gold for the good stuff." The hobgoblin reaches into his trench coat and takes out a jar filled with a wispy white goo with a subtle bluish-green tinge.

25. - Top - End - #985

"Sir," Lume says, his hands shifting into weapon form (a mace and shield) to make his point, "I'm going to have to ask that you stop trying to sell me things that will only hamper my quest for atonement."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

26. - Top - End - #986
    Orc in the Playground

"How do you know what they will and won't do if you don't try them? Tell you what, I'll give you this, and you won't crush me horribly whilst I run away and scream like a little girl." The hobgoblin proceeds to do just that, although he doesn't run very far. He stops at the other end of the bar, on the other side of a conveniently placed pillar.

As Lume's hands aren't free, the jar of corrupted ectoplasm is left on a nearby table.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-08-30 at 05:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #987

Lume stares at the jar for a while, then slowly reaches towards it. "Actually," he says, "This could be of use to me. It is, as ectoplasm, a piece of a soul, long departed with no chance of restoration. However, I could use this to heal, if..." he pauses and stares intently at the ectoplasm. Slowly, the bluish-green tinge begins to disappear, and the ectoplasm is purified. "Thank you. I can use this to begin repaying my debt."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

28. - Top - End - #988
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Shayan, meanwhile, is looking very put out by the entire thing. Large wooden spikes pepper her arms, torso, and face, one sticking directly through both cheeks because of how she turned her head away from the blast at the last instant.

She slurs as she begins working the spike out from between her teeth, clearly uncomfortable with the experience, "Ith wath an accthident. Didn't know vlying tableth would blow him up." She's still not sure it did. It was hard to tell just what the heck happened under all the confusion, or whether her contribution did anything at all besides cover her in shrapnel wounds.
    "Well I suspect I've just made for more of an enemy out of him than I'd intended. I shall have to make a note to keep myself protected from flames constantly, for the time being." Hardly ideal. It means she can't pour all her magic into her work for the time being.

Or, well, she never quite pours all of it into that. Leaving herself and her friends completely defenseless would be foolish, but now she's going to have to maintain a constant shield.

"Oh, where are my manners? Are you alright?"She asks, peering at Shayan.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie sees the tall being of light and heads over to him. Using her cane to help her walk.

"If you are looking to atone GLoG is an organization that started as a place to redeem villains. There is also HALO which is less about atonement and more about fighting evil. At least in theory. Either place might help you."

At first glance one would expect this small weak looking frame to belong to an old woman, but her face shows her to be quite young. She is human, with just a dab of angel blood. She has golden blond hair, and blue eyes with flecks of gold in them.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

30. - Top - End - #990
    Orc in the Playground

"I have more, if you want to buy! Special don't-club-my-brains-out discount; only ten gold per jar!" The hobgoblin won't get any closer though, not till he's had a reply.