New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLVI: A Tark of the Klones, Electric Boogalo

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Riddle for you:

What takes DJ his entire life to find, but Dominic just stumbles on it?

Answer
    Of course.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Ninjadeadbeard just ninja'd my post. How apt.
    Ninjadeadbeard's Extended Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLVI: A Tark of the Klones, Electric Boogalo

Huh. In the second-to-last panel, the word "Dominic" is written smaller than usual. Do you think Mookie originally wrote something else there, then couldn't be arsed to change the whole word bubble, just whiting out one word and squeezing in a replacement? Because that's certainly what it looks like.

Also, this is stupid, but I don't have a funny way of saying that it's stupid.

I do hope that we can use that last panel as slay material, though. It's like a ready-made blank. Exploitable!
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

3. - Top - End - #753
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    Huh. In the second-to-last panel, the word "Dominic" is written smaller than usual. Do you think Mookie originally wrote something else there, then couldn't be arsed to change the whole word bubble, just whiting out one word and squeezing in a replacement? Because that's certainly what it looks like.
    He forgot the character isn't literally him and had to erase where he wrote "Mookie."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh man, this strip. That sixth panel.

I bet no-one is surprised that Dominic really did need a vision primer to remember to ask Celesto what's going on. He really did forget and think the entire point of the "plot" of 2011 was to brain him with a guitar.

I love Dominique:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2012-08-31 at 01:30 AM.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    I love Dominique:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ha ha ha ha. "This quote is required after all." Why yes, yes it is.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Once again, the newspost raises this update the the level of godliness.

"The reveal of the blank background made me think of "Duck Amuck," but I didn't change it because that was, and still is, one of my favorite cartoons ever. Just don't expect Dominic to get into a duel with me."

Yes, the HIGHLY unusual blank background which really sets this comic apart from the rest of DD. I'm glad he pointed that out, or I mightn't have noticed. Whew, dodged a bullet there!

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

Guys, is Dominic a Gary Stu??

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Who is talking to Dominic on the sixth panel?
    Is there someone else, or is he referring to himself in third person?

9. - Top - End - #759

Earlier this week I was amazed at how hard the villains have to work compared to the Deegan, and then Mookie takes it to a new level with this reveal. How can Mookie think this is good? I am certain Mookie just wants DD to end and he's stopped caring about making it enjoyable.

BTW, epic slay with the "King of Callan" slay!!

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

To be fair, I think this is still part of the Vision and he didn't just randomly teleport. Not that it makes it much better, but hey, spontaneously getting a vision of the next major plot point is basically how every single point of plot advancement happens in this comic anyway.

EDIT: ...seriously, is there a single serious arc that doesn't start with Dominic getting a random vision?
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2012-08-31 at 09:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

11. - Top - End - #761

NecromancerGuy

I forget which arc(oracle hunter maybe?), but there was that one that started out with him reading a newspaper about people being murdered but stated straight up that he was completely unconcerned because he didn't have a random vision about it.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    I forget which arc(oracle hunter maybe?), but there was that one that started out with him reading a newspaper about people being murdered but stated straight up that he was completely unconcerned because he didn't have a random vision about it.
    Nope, Endings and Annoyances but yeah -- callous Dom is callous

But yeah, these past half-dozen strips have been an absolute debacle. At least now we might get the "plot" moving forward again
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2012-08-31 at 10:28 AM.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

13. - Top - End - #763

So Dominic finds himself in a blank white space and his first reaction is "where is everybody?" He notices that all the people are gone before he notices he's in a completely different place? I guess this proves that everywhere else in Dominic's world is blank space as well.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

The King should have just sat on his ass instead of looking for it. 'A watched pot never boils' should be the Deegan motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    The reveal of the blank background
    This made me laugh so hard. Seriously?

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    The King should have just sat on his ass instead of looking for it. 'A watched pot never boils' should be the Deegan motto.

This made me laugh so hard. Seriously?
    Wow... Just... Wow... It takes real talent to be as self-unaware as Mookie is.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    The reveal of the blank background
    Spoiler
    Show

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi all I have read a bit here and it seems to be a consensus that the king is some king of seer.
    Can anyone confirm where this comes from because I am a little confused about something ...
    The Future.

18. - Top - End - #768

The Mary Sueness has now reached hilarious proportions. Dominic Deegan is about to have a staring contest with God, and he's probably going to win. Here I thought the King's blindness was supposed to be a punishment for hubris, instead of a sign that the guy who put the most powerful wizards in the multiverse under his thrall is just not as awesome as Dom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Hi all I have read a bit here and it seems to be a consensus that the king is some king of seer.
    Can anyone confirm where this comes from because I am a little confused about something ...
    The Future.
    I wonder what lesson it will teach us.

Option 1: People suffer consequences for pride.
    Option 2: Dominic IS the greatest one of all.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Dwarf in the Playground

And he had a stroke and died. The End.

Wait a minute. If the King isn't a seer, then how the hell does he see. We just had flashbacks were the King was very prominently shown looking at books. This could be hand waved with him using his second sight in lue of his eyes.

But now, we're back to a blind man reading.
    Last edited by Rhapsh; 2012-08-31 at 04:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771

I think "Dominic Deegan" deserves a special place along side "Mary Sue" as a new term for overpowered protagonists. It represents someone so much better than everyone else, that literally all of creation opens up to him. It's like inserting a Munchkin character into a story, with the results being just as absurd as you would think. I suggest we call it a "Double-D."

example: I'm sorry, you have to change your main character- it is just a Double D.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

He's like Tommy, he reads by sense of smell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    And he had a stroke and died. The End.

Wait a minute. If the King isn't a seer, then how the hell does he see. We just had flashbacks were the King was very prominently shown looking at books. This could be hand waved with him using his second sight in lue of his eyes.

But now, we're back to a blind man reading.
    I think the king is a seer, but not an oracle.
    Meaning he leans divination like any other magi, but cannot get the automatic "I wins" visions like an oracle.

When I think about it, it's very lucky that the infernomancers attacked the Deegans when Dominic was young, and it motivated him to learn the subject it just happened that he had a natural gift with.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    I think the king is a seer.
    Then why is Dominic saying he's not a seer?

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    Then why is Dominic saying he's not a seer?
    Because Mookie gets confused with terms he invented.

26. - Top - End - #776

Man, if Dominic doesn't get blinded, that will be SUCH a cop-out!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

27. - Top - End - #777

The King is an archmage, and archmages must master every school of magic, explicitly including divination.

You may say that Mookie has retconned archmage from the D&Dish concept of "master of all magic" Prestige Class it was in Class Action to the "member of a interplanar Gentlemen's Club", but even then, DJ still recognizes divination when he sees it and he still got blinded because he scried on the Heart of Magic.

In other words, what Dominic really meant to say was "But he wasn't a Deegan."
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

I predict that next week we're going to see something along the lines of "Dominic, I am the heart of magic, and I require your aid"

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    The Future.
    Deep down I hope Dominic will get blind. Pay a little price for getting more information. I guess I'm stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Deep down I hope Dominic will get blind. Pay a little price for getting more information. I guess I'm stupid.
    What does it matter anyway?

Being a seer, Dominic will still be able to see normally anyway using the same magic DJ uses.
    It might even turn him stronger for some BS magic reason.

More or less like the "consequences" of Dominic losing his leg.