New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony L: The L is for Love!

Hello again everyone, I'm back to show you guys a fanfic made by a friend of mine in the mlpforums, it's called The New Sparkle Empire It's a WIP so far & he just got done with Chapter 3, I strongly recommend it :3
    Last edited by domin8r; 2012-07-31 at 12:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Hello again, ponythread! Been a while.

Speaking of brony conversions, a friend of mine decided to watch the show after asking me about it. She says she likes it, but doesn't get what all the fuss is about. Still, she got through 14 episodes in less than a week, so that's saying something. Perhaps I should introduce her to some fan works?

Fanfics:
    Finished Shipping and Handling by PegasusRescueBrigade (including bonus chapters). Well worth reading, and a good ending. A couple of the chapters were... weird, but altogether enjoyable.

Writing is Hard by Eakin: Oh my lord I laughed so much! Everything about this was great. Highly recommended!

Past Lives and Forgotten Sins by Alabenson: An intriguing start. I'm not sure this will be my kind of story, but I am interesting in learning more about what is going on, so you've done a good job drawing me in. Keep it up!

Next on my catch-up list: Words Failed Her by Nonsanity, Show and Spell by maximus25, and Dissertations on Dawn by Raz.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Next on my catch-up list: Words Failed Her by Nonsanity, Show and Spell by maximus25, and Dissertations on Dawn by Raz.
    Umm... did you ever take a look at mine? If you don't want to, then that's alright, but hey, it's a fic nonetheless.
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-07-31 at 01:07 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, a couple of Ponythread-Historical Questions that have been bugging me for a while;
    What's up with there being multiple Chargers anyway?
    Also what was this whole Midnight thing? It's way before my time, but it always struck me as either an important part of Ponythread history or at least the biggest Noodle Incident.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-07-31 at 01:21 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Okay, a couple of Ponythread-Historical Questions that have been bugging me for a while;
    Also what was this whole Midnight thing, anyway? It's way before my time, but it always struck me as either an important part of Ponythread history or at least the biggest Noodle Incident
    Midnight is an OC created by a ponythreader called "EsperDerek", who was created in a bonus chapter to a Twilight/Trixie fanfic he wrote called Out In The Cold. She was their daughter (Genderbending was involved, and I think Luna might also be one of her parents, it's a long story.) He made a sequel or two to that story starring Midnight. Nowadays he frequents the IRC.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-07-31 at 01:30 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Sister Conversion Update:

We stopped halfway through Griffon the Brush-Off because she was "ponied out" Her exact words.

She knows portions of the opening theme now, flipped out when she saw Derpy say "Muffins" and enjoys Pinkie's pinkiness.

Oh, she also asked if she was a brony now, I said that she was technically a Pegasister. She went "Blegh, Brony is cooler."
    Congrats, now you have someone you can be safely a brony with

....mine just watched like 2 episodes.... Then declared it too girlish for her and started teasing me even worse
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247

Strife: It might be worth putting the active questions up somewhere that's easier to link to, or maybe keeping a link in your sig or something? I found the questions eventually, but it did take me a minute or two.
    I have been planning on working on something to make it easier, it's just that real life got in the way. I'll probably finish it tonight.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

8. - Top - End - #248

Also what was this whole Midnight thing? It's way before my time, but it always struck me as either an important part of Ponythread history or at least the biggest Noodle Incident.
    Not sure on the Chargers thing, I would guess thanqol would know though.

Gamerlord already covered who midnight is, but here is Esper's Equestria Daily page. I've been behind the times, not sure if he has posted anything elsewhere, but this has a good number of his Midnight works at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Midnight is an OC created by a ponythreader called "EsperDerek", who was created in a bonus chapter to a Twilight/Trixie fanfic he wrote called Out In The Cold. She was their daughter (Genderbending was involved, and I think Luna might also be one of her parents, it's a long story.) He made a sequel or two to that story starring Midnight. Nowadays he frequents the IRC.
    Indeed, though question: if memory serves, doesn't SiuiS have a large series of Midnight cloning tanks, or is my memory just really wonky?
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Indeed, though question: if memory serves, doesn't SiuiS have a large series of Midnight cloning tanks, or is my memory just really wonky?
    I vaguely recall some shenanigans related to that during the last Summer of No Pony, so I would lean on "Yes".
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-07-31 at 02:10 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #250
    Spamalot in the Playground

Speaking of brony conversions, a friend of mine decided to watch the show after asking me about it. She says she likes it, but doesn't get what all the fuss is about. Still, she got through 14 episodes in less than a week, so that's saying something. Perhaps I should introduce her to some fan works?
    That sounds similar to how my wife views the show. She's watched about a dozen episodes and thinks it can be cute, but she sees no fuss about the show nor does she bother with exploring fan works. The one thing she seems to kinda get into is the Hub channel promo song for "Equestian Girls".
    Instant earworm to her.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    For any looking into the Out In The Cold universe, you can't forget this story written as a roleplay by Esper and Titanium. I re-read this, and realized I forgot how much I enjoyed it the first time (and remembered I hated compiling parts since I had dig between three threads.)
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Interesting psychological breakdown of Bronies.

Bronies are apparently more introverted and sensitive to others.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-31 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Not sure on the Chargers thing, I would guess thanqol would know though.
    I thought we already explained this? Thanqol's Charger is from a different universe than mine. That's why those two had some crazy discussion a few threads back. It's safe to say that there are an infinite number of us, a single version per dimension.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

I thought we already explained this? Thanqol's Charger is from a different universe than mine. That's why those two had some crazy discussion a few threads back. It's safe to say that there are an infinite number of us, a single version per dimension.
    I was after the Meta-Answer, not the answer though.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post

"Derpy" doesn't have a last name, and so this isn't any more accurate than saying Fluttershy is married to Big Mac because her full name is "Fluttershy MacIntosh".

...and if you are implying that Ditzy/Doctor aren't married, then that brings up all kinds of awkward implications.
    I think it's important to note that ponies do not appear to have surnames at all. So far only the Cakes have shared a last name and really it's more of a theme then a name.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #256

So my mom has been staying with her sister for a while, (family stuff, not gonna get into it) and I guess there was a Hub pony marathon a week or two ago. They watched a couple episodes and started asking questions the other night. Mainly why Rarity was my favorite and stuff.

It was pretty interesting, and they didn't really tease me or anything.

My cousins, on the other hand, can't stop referencing it even when I'm not talking about anything pony related. Like when I'm on my laptop and they ask me what I'm doing, if I don't answer it's instantly ponies.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Writing is Hard by Eakin: Oh my lord I laughed so much! Everything about this was great. Highly recommended!
    Totally seconding this suggestion. It's hilarious.
    Truth resists simplicity.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    For any looking into the Out In The Cold universe, you can't forget this story written as a roleplay by Esper and Titanium. I re-read this, and realized I forgot how much I enjoyed it the first time (and remembered I hated compiling parts since I had dig between three threads.)
    I'm just going to go ahead and blindly assume you got my messages.

Also, yes. Pony's just don't seem to do surnames, and trying to make it work just gets weird. But then, names are difficult.
    I'm a The.
    Yeah, sorry. I'm sure we'll settle on a name at some point, but whatever juju the Ponyfolk use to divine an appropriate name is beyond me, I'm afraid, so like your Cutie Mark, we'll just have to wait and see.
    I'm Unprecedented.
    Uuuh. Mostly, sure.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Umm... did you ever take a look at mine? If you don't want to, then that's alright, but hey, it's a fic nonetheless.
    *checsk link* 22 chapters, eh? Well, I do like steampunk, and I would be interested in seeing how you used Charger. I'll put it on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    That sounds similar to how my wife views the show. She's watched about a dozen episodes and thinks it can be cute, but she sees no fuss about the show nor does she bother with exploring fan works. The one thing she seems to kinda get into is the Hub channel promo song for "Equestian Girls".
    Instant earworm to her.
    And there's nothing really wrong with that, I just personally feel that the community aspect is a big part of being a brony. Maybe I'll show her Equestria Girls then, and perhaps explain a few fandom memes like Derpy and human-obssessed Lyra.

I think it was simply that Charger was a character made by Thanqol who Maxtronaut then got permission to write into his story. The two characters have their own timelines/storylines etc. I don't know much more than that since I haven't read the fanfic yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Totally seconding this suggestion. It's hilarious.
    I think my favourite part was when Fluttershy...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...got scolded by the character that she was writing. That was amazing.

Also, yes. Pony's just don't seem to do surnames, and trying to make it work just gets weird. But then, names are difficult.
    I'm a The.
    Yeah, sorry. I'm sure we'll settle on a name at some point, but whatever juju the Ponyfolk use to divine an appropriate name is beyond me, I'm afraid, so like your Cutie Mark, we'll just have to wait and see.
    I'm Unprecedented.
    Uuuh. Mostly, sure.
    Hmm, perhaps that's Ponythread's next task: name that Ponymonthid!

Hmm. Got any hobbies?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

So today I finally got my reward package for supporting Rich's reprint drive (it was stuck in the post office for two weeks because I had to pay extra in import tax and handling fees and didn't have any money until today. I freaking hate this import tax government-sanctioned blackmailing crap Should note that this has nothing to do with Rich, of course)

Anyway, I am now the proud owner of Snips, Snails and Dragon Tales (among other cool things ). What does this have to do with ponies, you ask?

Well ... Duskponies! Courtesy of ranting about the overabundance of unoriginal underdark races. And now I gotta ask, where do you think duskponies fit in Equestria?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

yeah..found my new wallpaper...

http://www.deviantart.com/#/d59eyqh
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-07-31 at 06:58 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, perhaps that's Ponythread's next task: name that Ponymonthid!

Hmm. Got any hobbies?
    ooo, how about gum-
    *looks at gummy*
    oh right
    *thinks*
    tentacutie?
    oh, I've got it, ZUUL!
    and yes, you have to use caps and an exclamation point.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

23. - Top - End - #263

*checsk link* 22 chapters, eh? Well, I do like steampunk, and I would be interested in seeing how you used Charger. I'll put it on my list.
    Thanks. If you don't like it, tell me why, and I'll do my best to improve. Constructive criticism is much appreciated.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

In addition to Diego's bit about permission to use in the story, I also think Maxtronaut joined this thread already knowing Thanqol in some manner or other.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    So my mom has been staying with her sister for a while, (family stuff, not gonna get into it) and I guess there was a Hub pony marathon a week or two ago. They watched a couple episodes and started asking questions the other night. Mainly why Rarity was my favorite and stuff.

It was pretty interesting, and they didn't really tease me or anything.
    That's pretty nice. I find it kind of fun to explain and my parents had a pretty similar reaction. My Mom really liked the clothing though, I actually ordered her a pony shirt from Welovefine at her request.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Anyway, I am now the proud owner of Snips, Snails and Dragon Tales (among other cool things ). What does this have to do with ponies, you ask?

Well ... Duskponies! Courtesy of ranting about the overabundance of unoriginal underdark races. And now I gotta ask, where do you think duskponies fit in Equestria?
    Congrats on getting your package! I would suggest that duskponies, since V talks about them as an underdark race, would also be underground dwellers in Equestria. We know now that there is an extensive cave network beneath Canterlot. It stands to reason that Twilight and Cadence only really explored the upper levels, since they were looking for a way out. So, if they went back and started really digging into the mountain, perhaps they would find an extensive underground tunnel network, with its own underground kingdom of duskponies?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

25. - Top - End - #265

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    In addition to Diego's bit about permission to use in the story, I also think Maxtronaut joined this thread already knowing Thanqol in some manner or other.
    Yeah, he told me about this thread and how it was in the middle of "the most depressing riot ever". I asked him what they hay he was talking about, and linked me here.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, he told me about this thread and how it was in the middle of "the most depressing riot ever". I asked him what they hay he was talking about, and linked me here.
    and now he's all mine ^,^
    (warning:little dark)
    Spoiler
    Show
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

27. - Top - End - #267

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    and now he's all mine ^,^
    (warning:little dark)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Umm... I didn't know that I was the property, or under the "protection" of somepony, but I guess that I can't argue with the Eldritch now, can I?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Congrats on getting your package! I would suggest that duskponies, since V talks about them as an underdark race, would also be underground dwellers in Equestria. We know now that there is an extensive cave network beneath Canterlot. It stands to reason that Twilight and Cadence only really explored the upper levels, since they were looking for a way out. So, if they went back and started really digging into the mountain, perhaps they would find an extensive underground tunnel network, with its own underground kingdom of duskponies?
    Perhaps Luna's bat-eared guards are duskponies? I've always assumed they were just regular pegasi dressed up, but they seem like obvious duskponies, now that I come to think about it. And bats live in caves

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Umm... I didn't know that I was the property, or under the "protection" of somepony, but I guess that I can't argue with the Eldritch now, can I?
    he's learning!
    and eldritch is an adjective like "tall", it's an "eldritch x" creature, horror...
    we prefer abomination
    i didn't realize "eldritch abominations" cared about political correctness

ohgodmylegs!
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-07-31 at 07:23 PM.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

30. - Top - End - #270

I know I don't, care about it.

Ponies are great.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.