New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXII

Another plane of existence

There are occasionally sounds of people moving among the ruins.

These are strange ones if they aren't driven away...

2. - Top - End - #632
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Another plane of existence

There are occasionally sounds of people moving among the ruins.

These are strange ones if they aren't driven away...
    "Yeah. Probably wouldn't be too happy to see us either."

"Then again, if you can stand it, they probably could have learned to get used to it. Maybe they built a sort of tolerance to it."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

3. - Top - End - #633

One of the planar, a thin one with black hair steps forward and calls out to them.

Who's there?

Grant Brandt, First of Many, Master, Bearing the Thirteen Point Star.

They don't look very pleased to see Grant but they turn to Chris and wait for his response.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2012-08-29 at 07:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Orc in the Playground

One of the planar, a thin one with black hair steps forward and calls out to them.

COLOR="Sienna"]Who's there?[/COLOR]

Grant Brandt, First of Many, Master, Bearing the Thirteen Point Star.

They don't look very pleased to see Grant but they turn to Chris and wait for his response.
    Chris just sort of waves a bit. "Hey there. Christopher Grimm, husband of Carrion Grimm, Goddess of Death. That should cover it, right?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

5. - Top - End - #635

They don't seem to mind Chris.

What you doing here? Your and your disgusting family have no business being here.

The others nearby wince, insulting one's family in their culture is beyond any sort of apology and the fact that one of their own was dumb enough to say it to Grant of all people makes them all look stupid.

Well when a bunch of people come back to a place of destruction like this... It's never been done. I can't imagine that it is done for a good reason.

Grant says, putting his hand near the dagger on his belt.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Orc in the Playground

They don't seem to mind Chris.

What you doing here? Your and your disgusting family have no business being here.

The others nearby wince, insulting one's family in their culture is beyond any sort of apology and the fact that one of their own was dumb enough to say it to Grant of all people makes them all look stupid.

Well when a bunch of people come back to a place of destruction like this... It's never been done. I can't imagine that it is done for a good reason.

Grant says, putting his hand near the dagger on his belt.
    "Yo, pal, we could ask the same thing of you. Minus the family bit. I don't even know where the hell you got that idea. Seriously why would you even mention his family? Far as you know, we're the only ones here. That just seems rather stupid and unnecessary." He says as he talks to celestial beings that are more than likely far more powerful than he is.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #637

They consider you my family.

Grant says out of the corner of his mouth as the the planar is joined by four others.

We have every right to be here. You'll soon realize that coming here was not exactly healthy.

Grant abandons all pretense, drawing his pistol in his right hand and his dagger in his right, though he lets both hang at his side.

Oh. I know what you are. What a bunch of foul little leeches.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Orc in the Playground

They consider you my family.

Grant says out of the corner of his mouth as the the planar is joined by four others.

We have every right to be here. You'll soon realize that coming here was not exactly healthy.

Grant abandons all pretense, drawing his pistol in his right hand and his dagger in his right, though he lets both hang at his side.

Oh. I know what you are. What a bunch of foul little leeches.
    "Oh. Well in that case I take offense to that whole 'disgusting' comment there." Chris draws his sword, the blade glowing in golden light. "Now, any chance at all that you aren't gonna be stupid and get yourself killed like an idiot?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #639

These guys actually enjoy this sort of thing. Watch out.

Grant says right before the five of them leap at the exact same time towards Grant and Chris. Chris will hear the sound of the pistol going off three times as Grant leaps into action. The shots hit their mark and cause the first planar to lose control and continue moving past Grant, crashing into the street. As soon as Grant finishes his third shot he brings up the dagger and thrusts it into the second planar before releasing the dagger momentarily and using his now free hand to finish the planar off with a burst of energy.

Leave one alive!

Grant shouts out as he recovers his dagger.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2012-08-30 at 12:19 AM.

10. - Top - End - #640

Dirt Road
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Dirt Road

Reckless indeed. Employment counsellors recommend against using mental attacks at a job interview as it is likely to make a poor impression. Particularly if you aren't a mind mage or psychic.

"Yes, Sir. That will do." Jeanne says. She's dropped her snarky attitude from before and her tone is polite, though not subservient. "Thank you for the opportunity. How do I get in touch with you when I learn something?"

"For something as simple as this?" Mercutio waves a hand. "Simply exit the facility and I will come to you. Should that not be an option, a minor sacrifice should carry your thoughts to me. Swat a fly or assault one of his servants."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

11. - Top - End - #641
    Troll in the Playground

Dirt Road

"Right. I'll get started then, unless there's anything else," Jeanne says. And unless there is, she'll take her leave and head off to a different thread.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #642
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Black Chapel

What does that mean though?! The hallway leading into the larger parts of the church are splatterred in blood. Body parts lie all in the hallway, like the priest that was here was squeezed too hard and burst. The walls here are made of a black brick, with a small desk in the corner, where another priest lies dead, frozen solid.
    No clue. Tell ya what, when we find whatever did this, you can ask them. Tobias doesn't seem too fazed by all the gore. He keeps walking, keeping all of his senses, magical, supernatural, and mundane, sharp for any trace of what did this.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

13. - Top - End - #643

Dirt Road

"No, that will be all. You're free to go." And with that, Mercutio vanishes in a cloud of smoke.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Alright, we can work on that. I wouldn't want to put you in a position you are uncomfortable with."

He means that just as much about swimming as he does anything else.
    Thank you. Jezebelle says, turning to smile at Derek. I really appreciate that.

What do you appreciate, momma? Estia says, walking into the room, followed by Lyanna.

Hi Mister Derek. Lyanna says with a wave. Both take a dish and begin looking them over, then drying them.

Sorry we're late, Momma. We were just having so much fun with Miss Turtle.

[Forest Lake]

Calvin lays on the ground in the clearing with blood smeared over his body and only a dull idea of what had happened that night. He knows he it will be some time before he really starts to remember it. He gets up to his feet gathering his clothes and pouches and starts to head back to the city, planning on stopping at a nearby lake for a bath first.
    As Calvin approaches the lake, he may hear some loud splashing, and a feminine voice singing loudly.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #645
    Orc in the Playground

These guys actually enjoy this sort of thing. Watch out.

Grant says right before the five of them leap at the exact same time towards Grant and Chris. Chris will hear the sound of the pistol going off three times as Grant leaps into action. The shots hit their mark and cause the first planar to lose control and continue moving past Grant, crashing into the street. As soon as Grant finishes his third shot he brings up the dagger and thrusts it into the second planar before releasing the dagger momentarily and using his now free hand to finish the planar off with a burst of energy.

Leave one alive!

Grant shouts out as he recovers his dagger.
    Chris then lets out a bit of a yell in response. It probably sounds kind of like "alright" before it gets cut off by a planar running at his face.

At this point, Chris decides to take care of one of the planars. Deciding to leave this guy alive, since Grant just mentioned that, he swings his sword at the planar's head as hard as he can. Now, instead of going through the planar's head, as would be expected, what should happen is that the planar would suddenly experience the feeling of being clubbed upside the head by a giant stick of metal, preferably resulting in said planar's unconsciousness.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #646

As the planar Chris left alive is knocked out Grant whirls around and sends his dagger flying towards the last planar who is struck in the chest and quickly falls down dead as well.

Grant takes a moment to retrieve his dagger, clean it and put it back on the his belt. After that he nods to Chris and he steps towards the planar left alive and wakes up the planar.

Get a good look. Your pals aren't gonna be helping you. Period. Now, what exactly are you doing here?

He sent us... Your little demon girl is next.

If the planar was going to say anything else it was promptly cut off by pressing Grant's Bobbie related rage button and causing Grant to give the planar a frighteningly powerful blast of energy.

There is probably an uncomfortable moment where Grant is deadly silent.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Orc in the Playground

As the planar Chris left alive is knocked out Grant whirls around and sends his dagger flying towards the last planar who is struck in the chest and quickly falls down dead as well.

Grant takes a moment to retrieve his dagger, clean it and put it back on the his belt. After that he nods to Chris and he steps towards the planar left alive and wakes up the planar.

Get a good look. Your pals aren't gonna be helping you. Period. Now, what exactly are you doing here?

He sent us... Your little demon girl is next.

If the planar was going to say anything else it was promptly cut off by pressing Grant's Bobbie related rage button and causing Grant to give the planar a frighteningly powerful blast of energy.

There is probably an uncomfortable moment where Grant is deadly silent.
    Chris is rather shocked by this sudden turn of events, as evidenced by him jumping back with a yell. "OH! That was...not good."

Uncomfortable pauses later, Chris decides to break the silence with some musing. "...soooo I take it that we were led out here on purpose? Because that's all I'm seeing right now."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #648

It takes a moment for Grant to speak.

Yeah. We're here, in the middle of nowhere. There will be more coming and we need to get back to HALO now.

Grant will point his index finger out in front of himself and a portal starts to slowly open. Grant turns around and continues allowing the portal to open.

Watch out. These guys want us pretty bad...

There is a slight shake in his voice, he's scared though not for himself. He is scared for Bobbie.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Orc in the Playground

It takes a moment for Grant to speak.

Yeah. We're here, in the middle of nowhere. There will be more coming and we need to get back to HALO now.

Grant will point his index finger out in front of himself and a portal starts to slowly open. Grant turns around and continues allowing the portal to open.

Watch out. These guys want us pretty bad...

There is a slight shake in his voice, he's scared though not for himself. He is scared for Bobbie.
    "Yeah no problem. I've got your back if it comes to it..." Chris looks around a bit. "Hey, uh, you wouldn't happen to have a spare gun, would you? All I've got on me is a 9mm, and I get the impression something heavier would be better."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #650

Another Plane of Existence

Grant tosses Chris his pistol and focuses silently on the enemy he knows is coming.

Your sword will probably serve better unless you can shoot accurately with one hand.

The portal continues to slowly open.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Orc in the Playground

Another Plane of Existence

Grant tosses Chris his pistol and focuses silently on the enemy he knows is coming.

Your sword will probably serve better unless you can shoot accurately with one hand.

The portal continues to slowly open.
    Chris pockets the pistol just in case. "Alright, I'll keep that in mind." He braces himself for the conflict that's about to happen.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #652

Then there is the collective shouting of maybe fifty planar who appear in windows, from doorways and two who teleport in from somewhere.

Watch the ones who can teleport. Stay close to the portal. We'll be fine.

Grant says right before he unleashes a low and wide arc of energy meant to cut the legs out from under as many of the planar on ground level as possible.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post

Thank you. Jezebelle says, turning to smile at Derek. I really appreciate that.

What do you appreciate, momma? Estia says, walking into the room, followed by Lyanna.

Hi Mister Derek. Lyanna says with a wave. Both take a dish and begin looking them over, then drying them.

Sorry we're late, Momma. We were just having so much fun with Miss Turtle.
    Derek waves hello to Lyanna in return, splashing a bit of water in his face by accident. He dries off his hand to wipe it away from his face.

"I was just offering your mom some swimming lessons."

He says hoping to explain what Jezebelle is appreciating.

------------------

[Forest Lake]

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post

As Calvin approaches the lake, he may hear some loud splashing, and a feminine voice singing loudly.
    Calvin does indeed hear that from a distance. He frowns a bit looking down at himself. Shirtless with several small cuts and covered in blood from a dead dear. Not a pretty sight he is sure. But he really wants to wash up, so he keeps heading towards the lake. He makes sure to make plenty of noise as he does so, doesn't want to surprise anyone. He doesn't call out just yet, not sure what he could be walking into.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

Derek waves hello to Lyanna in return, splashing a bit of water in his face by accident. He dries off his hand to wipe it away from his face.

"I was just offering your mom some swimming lessons."

He says hoping to explain what Jezebelle is appreciating.
    Lyanna giggles as Derek wipes the splashed water from his face.

Estia gives Derek a once-over, suspicion obvious. Momma hates the water.

Jezebelle gives a small laugh. I don't hate the water, dear. I...

Uh-Huh! You said the only good thing about water is cleaning stuff.

[Forest Lake]

Calvin does indeed hear that from a distance. He frowns a bit looking down at himself. Shirtless with several small cuts and covered in blood from a dead dear. Not a pretty sight he is sure. But he really wants to wash up, so he keeps heading towards the lake. He makes sure to make plenty of noise as he does so, doesn't want to surprise anyone. He doesn't call out just yet, not sure what he could be walking into.
    The singing/bathing woman keeps singing. The woman has a deep voice, so it's possible she doesn't hear his attempts at warning of approach.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

25. - Top - End - #655
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island- Barn}

"I find it hard to belive that anyone can really hate the water. I guess I'll just have to work hard to get her to have a good time."

He says to Estia with a shrug and a smile.

-----------------

[Forest Lake]

Calvin sighs thinking about continueing on to find a more private place to wash off, but tired and not to familiar with the area he says screw it and keeps heading to the lake. Once he gets almost in sight he calls out.

"Hello?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    No clue. Tell ya what, when we find whatever did this, you can ask them. Tobias doesn't seem too fazed by all the gore. He keeps walking, keeping all of his senses, magical, supernatural, and mundane, sharp for any trace of what did this.
    Thenadier begins to follow Tobias into the Cathedral. Around the time Tobias moves another foot away from the desk in the corner, a strange magical music begins to pour from the depths of the Cathedral, a horrible song, like a crescendo, ever growing...but never reaching a crescendo. Like a ghostly church choir. There is a horrible sense of dread here. His magical and supernatural sensors are probably going crazy. Something very magical and very evil passed through here, followed by...a deeper evil....A demon...Thenadier growls. Do you recognize that smell?

27. - Top - End - #657

Yes. Yes I do. Tobias continues to stride forward, a grim look driving all mirth from his countenance. Cookies. Someone has been baking cookies. He sniffs twice, then growls. Oatmeal Raisin cookies, to be precise. Horribile olfactu!

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

The Black Chapel

Thenadier glares at Tobias rather annoyed. Tobias....I hope you're joking, other wise I think you might need your nose checked out... Thenadier looks about, a little unnerved. This long hallway leads to a T-cross up ahead.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Orc in the Playground

Attacked Village

A few hours ago, a merchant caravan had rolled into this walled settlement. The merchants were predominantly gnomes and humans, and whilst the villagers didn't recognise anybody, that was relatively normal; this part of the Nexus wasn't always in the Nexus and regularly fluctuated into other worlds and planes of existence. So the merchants were let in. As the merchants started to set up their stalls from the backs of their covered wagons, ogres attacked and the gates were closed whilst the Village Guard raced to the wooden walls, hoping the ogres didn't have fire. This left the merchant guard to freely slaughter the village elders and herd the children and anybody who wasn't fighting into the wagons, whose covers had been removed revealing them to be cages on wheels- slavers. When everybody who could be found had been rounded up, a gnome released a flare into the sky, alerting the ogres who now retreated as the slavers attacked the guards with tasers, saps and nets, trying to kill as few as possible. Now the gnomes had everyone in the cages, they opened the gates. All the gates, so the next group that arrived wouldn't know where they went. The ogres joined the caravan as it started to roll out of the village, headed towards Riverside.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #660

The Black Chapel

What, do you really need me to point out the obvious? The demon that I killed has come back to cause even more pointless trouble. It's ridiculous resistances to magic and Holy energy will make stomping it down difficult, but whatever. I'm the Goddamned Tobias.
    Tobias sighs and checks out both new hallways. You know, you'd be better off leaving now. I can defend myself, but if I want to quickly dispatch this stupid demon without turning this into a long slugfast, I won't be able to protect you.