New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [nWoD] Campus Vigilantes 2: Halloween

Leon responds immediately again:
    That's not a bad idea, wish we'd thought of it. It do any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah texts Adam back: I got nothin. You got anything?
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Matthew starts to make his way towards the backstage. If the switches weren't there it was still possible that the lights's controls where somewhere around there.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Jaime (back in time, in the lobby)

Michelle smiled. "I... do appreciate your concern, but it's not by hiding at home that I'll heal. This party was supposed to be a statement... A statement that we, at Maxwell, were able to move on. Staying until the end is a matter of principle to me. Thanks all the same."

"I'm staying too," said Ellen quickly, her eyes alight. "Can't let some assh0le ruin it all." Of course, she would never pass up an opportunity for a good article, and this party was clearly one.

Adam

"So you're after IanFan too, eh?" said Allison. "Well, if you're serious about it, Adam, you can't just react. You have to act, or eventually you'll end up reacting too late."

She scowled at him suspiciously. "Who are you texting to?"

Leon

The answer from the East Coast came in under a minute: love u too hun, cant wait 4 tksgiving :D

Semira

Zach let Semira take him to the dance floor without resisting, his date Katherine forgotten. The frat boy looked a bit less at ease with slow dances, but that may just have been because he was very drunk.

"Just so you know, um, I'm not onto that whole serious relationship thing," he warned Semira, trying not to step on her feet as they danced. "Or that faithfulness thing, either. It comes with being a pirate. I thought you deserved to know before you got too involved."

Matthew

It was easy for Matthew to sneak backstage, as the DJ was too concentrated on his work to notice him. The gamer found himself in a narrow, dimly-lit room cluttered with instruments and audio equipment; drum sets, old guitars belonging to the school, an electric piano, microphones, loudspeakers, a backup DJ table and many other things, plus some chairs and large mirrors. No one else was here. If someone wanted to mess with the fusebox, it would be very easy.

Said fusebox was to Matthew's left, on the wall. It did have the advantage of requiring a key.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-08 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

"The rest of the team."

He shakes his head at Leon's text, but replies, Working on it.

"Is everyone I know insane?..."

"We're actively searching, kid. I've been looking after you, because I think you might be a target. What notes did you get?"
    -Odentin

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?
    Bladecutter: We might as well, it's on the way.
    GM: "We might was well" has never been used in that way!
    Bladecutter: Well, we really don't like him...

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Adam

Allison shook her head. "I can't afford to trust your friends," she said, her tone apologetic but firm. "I'm sure I knew my brother much better than you know your friends, yet I never saw the massacre coming. So, just to be on the safe side, I'll be treating everyone as a suspect. If you're keeping the rest of your team informed about what I do... I'm afraid I can't tell you one more thing. Sorry, Adam."

She rose and began to walk away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

7. - Top - End - #307

Leon replies:
    Well hurry. Matt's gone to screw with the fusebox for some reason.
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jonah sighs and sends out a mass text. Does anyone have anything?

While waiting for a response, he continues to look around for suspicious activity. Or really cool costumes of characters from games and movies and stuff he likes, like Star Wars, Mass Effect, My Little Pony (shut up it's a nice and therapeutic change of pace), and other various intellectual properties.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

"We're not sure what we're dealing with is human." Adam states flatly, sitting down in her vacated chair, hoping that piques her interest at least enough to stay.
    -Odentin

Odentin: Wait. Weren't we going to stop off in the capital and murder the emperor?

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Matthew takes out his cellphone as he stands next to the closed fusebox

He sends the next circular message:

" Im backstage making sure nobody tries to mess with the lights. Everything looks pretty calm back here. Though i must say this place feels creepy. "
    Last edited by Misaat; 2012-09-08 at 12:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Odentin View Post
    "We're not sure what we're dealing with is human."
    Allison paused, turned, and studied Adam's face. "I disagree. We like to call these people inhuman monsters, but... maybe violence and hatred are very human things, after all. Call me a cynic."

Jonah

Nothing suspicious. Katherine, head of the cheerleading team, was back from her cigarette and glared daggers at Semira for stealing her boyfriend, but Jonah doubted it would come down to murder.

As for nerdy or pop cultural costumes, there were many, not counting Allison's Link costume and the Star Trek uniform Soong Ye-jun had been wearing earlier. One was dressed as Jar Jar Binks and would likely be the first target if there was a school shooter in the room. There were also an Iron Man (not wearing real metal of course), a Rorschach from Watchmen, a Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly and a few anime characters Jonah did not know. Nothing from Mass Effect or My Little Pony, sadly.

Spoiler
    Show
    A bit of patience, please. New elements will come up, and I like to let some time pass between them. There are other ways to spend your time.

Matthew

Backstage, the soft music coming from the dance floor was very muffled. Matthew's senses were in high alert, and he was able to hear voices filtering through the back door of the room.

Somebody was coming. At least two somebodies, in fact. Luckily, the heavily cluttered room did not lack places to hide.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-08 at 12:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" There we go i was starting to get bored..."

Matthew hurries to hide behind one of the large mirrors.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam's face doesn't change from its completely serious set, "I'm not talking about inhumane humans. I'm talking about creatures of the night. Ghosts, vampires, etc. Things that can get into the human mind and take over. Make them do things they wouldn't, or couldn't, bring themselves to do otherwise."

He takes another look around at the party goers, "If someone is acting unlike themselves, then I need to know about it."

He returns his gaze to Allison, fixing her with the cold, dead stare of one who's seen things too horrible to imagine; whose life has become all about their duty, their responsibility to commit atrocities in the name of the greater good...
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-09-08 at 02:06 PM.
    -Odentin

14. - Top - End - #314

Leon texts his reply to Jonah:
    Nothing. Once the song ends I'm gonna hit the floor again.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

With a laugh, Semira tells Zach "I knew what I was getting into. You do have a reputation, you know." Snuggling closer, she adds "I'm not expecting anything more."

It's mostly true. But she can feel little tugs on her conscience, thoughts like my family could really use a rich son-in-law and I'm better than his others girls and that old one that's gotten so many of her friends in trouble: maybe I can change him. Zach is rich, and good-looking, and largely harmless. What more can she ask for?

Sem checks her phone and replies "fine. w/ zach" to Adam, then returns to dancing. She leads Zach into turning her a lot, trying to keep watch across the entire room, counting on her touch to keep Zach from noticing her eyes are elsewhere.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2012-09-08 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Adam

Allison's expression did not change at the mention of ghosts and vampires. "...Interesting theory," she said. "What led you to it?"

Matthew

The voices became more distinct. A guy and a girl, laughing. They drunkenly stumbled into the room mere seconds after Matthew hid. The guy was costumed as Elvis and his partner was a cowgirl. They were kissing passionately.

Oh great.

"The chair over here," said the girl breathlessly.

She pushed her boyfriend into the chair, sat on his lap facing him, and slipped her hand down his pants. The guy reached out and began to unbutton his girlfriend's plaid shirt.

"You're very sexy with a cowboy hat, Amy," he husked. "Don't take it off, please."

"Anything you want, sweetie." She paused. "Wait. Do you have a condom?"

"Uhh... I... uhh..." The guy faltered, and a wave of relief washed over Matthew.

The girl giggled. "Jeez, I'm kidding, Steve. I don't care." She unzipped her jeans and shifted her body forward.

Just. Great.

Semira

"Good," said Zach, relieved. "Just wanted to make sure you're not the kind of girl who flies all the way across the country, six months pregnant with what she thinks is my child, to ask me to marry her." He paused. "...Not saying it happened to me."

((OOC: I'll wait for Savior to answer before I move the actual plot forward (and change the song). I don't want to rob Kale of his dance with Michelle. ))
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-08 at 04:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well try to enjoy the rest of the night." she commented with a weak smile.

Jaime could understand the sentiment but as she watched Ellen walk into the party she wished that she had had convinced her editor to go home. Ellen was probably one of her closest friends which spoke volumes about her social life, and tonight wasn't going to go well.

She slipped back outside to try to get the worst of the sick of her boots, and she was really glad that she had chosen to wear sensible footwear. Although to be fair, non-sensible footwear probably constituted a costume in itself for her. After cleaning of her shoes she grimaced slightly as she stepped back into the party, and headed to have a look in one of the other sweets bowls. In the mean time sending off another text.

'I'm just making completely sure non of these bowls have any more bullets in them.'
    She was pretty sure that she wouldn't be able to eat a twix without thinking about this night at this rate.
    Last edited by McGonigle; 2012-09-08 at 04:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've been hunting since I was 6, Allison, but I've never seen a deer, or much other wildlife, for that matter. The way you talk about your brother gave me the theory. Regardless, whether you think you can trust us or not, we're the only line of defense this place has got in the case of hidden horrors. Let me see the notepad."
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-09-08 at 08:41 PM.
    -Odentin

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

" All Right! Time to see some boobies!... But i dont wanna see some guy's junk... Forget that, there is so little light on this place i wont be able to see much of anything... And it would be dangerous if they catch me... I would be known as a pervert through the whole school! And then i wont be able to get laid except through those dating sites in which the photos of the women never actually look like the women when you meet them yourself!... I need to get them out of here... "

Matthew takes out his cellphone and puts it on "vibrate" so its not heard.

Then he sends the following circular message.

" There is some drunken couple preparing to hump each other backstage. I Swear im not watching them on purpose . Can someone get over here and shush them out? Im sorta trapped... "

20. - Top - End - #320

Leon glances at his phone and sighs. Do I help, or do I not? Deciding that, while it would certainly be funny, leaving Matt pinned down backstage is likely going to have negative consequences, Leon sends back a quick text:
    Just stay hidden. I'm on my way.

As Leon begins making his way to the stage, he tries to keep an eye out for Jamie (the cop, not his friend). He doesn't figure the guy will take too kindly to him sneaking backstage.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Sorry. It's... been awhile. " whispered Kale as he forced himself to relax, never breaking eye contact from Michelle as he continued to dance.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

(Song: Changed the Way You Kiss Me, by Example – thanks SurlySeraph)

Adam

Allison snorted. "The only line of defense... Who do you think you are? Adam the Vampire Slayer? Leaping to supernatural conclusions for unexplained events isn't how you're supposed to apply Occam's razor. If we're dealing with a psycho, you're the one who's way out of his depth. We can't... I can't let you screw this up. Sorry, Adam."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To have any effect on Allison, you'll have to make some sort of social roll (Intimidation, Persuasion or such) and roleplay the attempt accordingly. I know it's not your strong suit, but there's always Willpower, and I may give you a bonus if your threats or arguments are truly excellent.

Jaime

Jaime was searching another bowl of candy, and had already found two bullets in it, when she felt someone's iron grip tighten around her forearm. She turned to see Jamie Price's face mere inches from hers. There was sweat on his brow, and his other hand hovered around the handgun in his holster.

"What the fµck are you doing?" he snarled. "Open your hand."

Matthew only (forfeiting my goal not to use player-specific spoiler tags)

Spoiler
    Show
    The song changed. This one, at least, mostly drowned out the sounds Amy and Steve were making. Matthew waited patiently for Leon to come to his rescue.

And now you're gonna miss me
    I know you're gonna miss me
    I guarantee you'll miss me 'cause you changed the way you kiss me

'Cause you changed the way you kill me

"...Huh. That was weird," Steve panted. "Did I hear kill? That's not how it goes."

Amy sighed, annoyed. "Um... Hello? We're having sex right now."

"But did you hear him say kill?"

"No, 'cause I was kind of busy fµcking your brains out, in case you didn't notice."

"Right. Maybe I misheard."

Leon

To be on the safe side, Leon exited the dance floor through the main entrance, followed the hallway to the other side of the building and snuck backstage by the back door [map]. The room was dark, but he could see the two lovers having sex on a chair, with the girl on top. They had not noticed him yet.

The light switch was right next to him.

Others: Bear with me, please.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-09 at 10:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

23. - Top - End - #323

Well, thinks Leon, this should be worth a laugh or two. Leon unceremoniously flips the light switch on, and calls out to the two lovers. "Hey! The hell do you think you're doing back here?! Go on, shoo, get out of here! Go back to your room if you're gonna do that!"

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Investigative journalism,' she commented regaining her composure quite rapidly after being grabbed. She with an almost sarcastic slowness continued to open her hand revealing a Twix.

'I observed you tipping out the other sweet bowl, and naturally I was curious what could have caused the head of security to seemingly have such sugar cravings? Of course the reason you were so interested in me opening my hand is that the bowl so far has contained 7 bullets. Now I'm curious what increased measure you are taking now you are sure someone is planning to attack the party?'

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Matthew had started filming with his cellphone when Leon came in... just so he wouldnt get bored... He felt a twitch...

" I heard that too... Time to pay a visit to our DJ friend when i get outta here... "
    Last edited by Misaat; 2012-09-09 at 01:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Jaime

Jamie Price's jaw - and grip - tightened. This party was not kind on his nerves.

"There's no place for journalism here," he warned in a low voice. "Besides, leaving bullets all over the place makes no fµcking sense, except to cause a panic. It's like planting a bomb in plain sight with the word BOMB on it. Fear itself is a weapon, and if you try to encourage it, I'll have to kick you out. Understood? Now hand over the evidence."

Matthew and Leon

It was quite comical to see the chair crash on the floor and Elvis and a cowgirl struggle to extricate themselves from each other. Amy frantically buttoned up her shirt (but not before Matt got some excellent footage), while Steve turned to Leon and shouted:

"What's the matter with you, man?! It's not forbidden or anything!"

But the light revealed something a bit less funny and/or sexy - words painted in big red letters on the largest mirror of the room, right next to the lovers. The paint glistened as if still fresh and, as far as Leon could tell, was the exact same shade of red as the paint found on the memorial.

HE
    STILL
    LIVE
    [sic]

OOC: Matthew can see the writing too; it's not on the mirror he's hiding behind.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-09-09 at 11:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

27. - Top - End - #327

Leon stares at the writing. "It's called public indecency. And general rudeness. Now put your clothes on and get out of here. Leave the party. I need to deal with this." He sends a quick text to the rest of the group as he approaches the writing:
    Come back stage. Something's very wrong. Bring Allison. Don't bring Price.

With the text sent, he snaps a picture with his phone, and then reaches out and touches the - he hopes - paint on the wall. The hell is this about? He pulls his fingers back and rubs them together, sniffing at the liquid on them (assuming any comes off).

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Semira checks her phone, then disengages from Zach's arms. "One of my friends wants me to see something backstage. I'll be back in a few." She walks quickly, clenching and unclenching her fists a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam sighs and stands up, moving to stand before Allison, "Nothing so glamorous. It's dirty work and I wish I'd never even picked up a bow if it meant not knowing what I know. But it's what I do, and it's the biggest possible threat we're posed with. If there's a human explanation to this, then it's more easily ended than a supernatural one. If you have information that would prove or disprove anything, then I need to see it. Otherwise, you're making the situation worse by taking my attention away from the investigation."

Spoiler
    Show
    Risking Willpower for Presence + Persuasion: (3d10)[9][9][9](27)
    10 Again: (3d10)[10][4][2](16)

Edit: w00t!

Gonna add on something else, here.

He takes Allison's hand gently, and places it on his chest, so that she can feel the bulletproof vest beneath his tunic, "And if anything happens, I can protect you."

As he finishes, he feels the text come in, but waits for Allison's reaction before reading it. He doesn't want to risk breaking eye contact before she agrees to help him.
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-09-10 at 12:20 AM.
    -Odentin

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Of course, because every time I hear about a public shooting I am struck with how much sense the whole thing makes." She commented as she carefully pulled out 7 twix wrapped bullets from her pockets and offered them too him.

She smiled again, then slowly turned around and moved away from their incompetent protector. If something did happen tonight Jamie was going to really regret that quote.